Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Just starting your lawn care or landscaping business? > Starting a lawn care business.

Starting a lawn care business. How to start a lawn mowing business, lawn care business, or landscaping business. If you are starting a lawn care business, ask your questions here.

New toy help?


Starting a lawn care business.

How to start a lawn mowing business, lawn care business, or landscaping business. If you are starting a lawn care business, ask your questions here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 07-12-2009, 01:21 PM
jasonw's Avatar
jasonw jasonw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,008
Rep Power: 8
jasonw is on a distinguished road
Default New toy help?

Ok so yesterday I literally melted my poor old reliable weed eater cutting a fire break so I had to get a new one. This thing is awesome. 29CC 4 stroke ar ar arr. I have only bee able to play with it in my back yard and love it so far but I have a problem. I got an attachment to help with the fire break as regular orange line that the spool holds wont cut it with this job but I need to take the entire spool off and replace it. How the heck do you get it off? Its a Troy Built TB575SS Any help is appreciated. Check out the picture compared to my old one.

I am getting a database error and cant attach a picture. You have the make and model so maybe you can go off of that and I will try to attach a picture later.
__________________
White Company
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 07-12-2009, 06:23 PM
MikeO
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default re:

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
this the right one?

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=24702

see what that says usually you just push them in on the sides and the cap comes off. or is that the new ones where you just stick the pice of plastic in on the sides?. cant see from the pictures ive looked at. throw it against a wall a few times till it comes off.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-13-2009, 01:25 AM
jasonw's Avatar
jasonw jasonw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,008
Rep Power: 8
jasonw is on a distinguished road
Default

Thats a bummer. I really like the thing but it looks like I will have to return it now as I can not change the head on it. I had a feeling I should have stuck with the good ol green.
__________________
White Company
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-13-2009, 09:34 AM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 37,246
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
I am getting a database error and cant attach a picture.
I think the problem with it is the image is too large. Try making it smaller and then reposting it.
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-13-2009, 10:59 AM
jasonw's Avatar
jasonw jasonw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,008
Rep Power: 8
jasonw is on a distinguished road
Default

That could be it Steve, It was a rather large image. I will resize and retry with this message. The good news is I found out how to use universal heads on my new Trybilt today. It was a simple matter of sitting down, taking a deep breath and reading. The manual says nothing about it but the back of the packaging the new head came it illustrates exactly how to do it on Trybilt equipment so I am very happy now. The true test however will come this afternoon when I finish the job that melted down my little green guy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCI0055.JPG (186.8 KB, 10 views)
__________________
White Company
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-13-2009, 11:07 AM
justin_time justin_time is offline
Justin
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: French River, ON, Canada
Age: 29
Posts: 1,801
Rep Power: 0
justin_time is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonw View Post
That could be it Steve, It was a rather large image. I will resize and retry with this message. The good news is I found out how to use universal heads on my new Trybilt today. It was a simple matter of sitting down, taking a deep breath and reading. The manual says nothing about it but the back of the packaging the new head came it illustrates exactly how to do it on Trybilt equipment so I am very happy now. The true test however will come this afternoon when I finish the job that melted down my little green guy.
You run those as commercial equipment ? Those won't last you very long
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-13-2009, 12:09 PM
jasonw's Avatar
jasonw jasonw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,008
Rep Power: 8
jasonw is on a distinguished road
Default

My property before this was an acre. Now I have a half acre. My little green guy has lasted me 5 years with no problems until now. Paid for itself many times over. I read reviews and did research and saw all the problems with both of these models but all I have to say is a lot can be said for proper maintenance. People think they can take these things and run them all day and night without ever so much as blowing them off. If you maintain them and dont beet the hell out of them they will last for years. A perfect example is the green one. Its given me 5 years of very reliable great service but 3 hours of brush cutting and chopping down hundreds of 1/4" pine trees proved to be to much for it. I beet on it for 3 hours non stop and she finally gave in, it dose however still run great but I will no longer be using it for stuff like that. The green one is just a direct drive which I am sure all the hitting trees and dirt bringing it to a dead stall is one of the things that caused the problems. The new one has a clutch and I would assume as with everything ells the jolts like that will not affect the motor in such a way as the clutch should soak it up. On top of that a lot can be said about 4 stroke reliability as well as B&S motors. I have never ever had an issue with a B&S motor that was not human caused. My mower is the same story, 5 years old and still going strong. I have to agree but disagree with your opinion. I am sure this new one would not stand up to the rigors of a 12 hour day for to long. I however at this time have only 4 clients. I average about 3 hours of work a week at this time and only 2 of those clients require the use of a weed eater so I am sure this new one will be up to the task of taking me to the next level in this business. The availability of all the attachments is a bonus that is sure to save my some money and storage room on future jobs as well. One of the biggest complaints I have read about this one is about the motors not being reliable as well as the main seals in them going out but most complainants fail to realize the manual says to change the oil after 10 hours of use for the first time and 25 hours every other time thereafter. I could very well be wrong and if so I hope it burns up in the first 30 days so I can take it strait back to lowes. If it dose or even when it dose if I don't think it has given me good service I will try a different brand. I hear JD makes good equipment, do they make weed whackers? Anyway truth be told I was very iffy when shopping for this as my Weed Eater brand has been so darn reliable for so many years I really thought I should just stick with them. Also the green one was 1/4 the cost of the new one.
__________________
White Company
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-13-2009, 02:00 PM
justin_time justin_time is offline
Justin
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: French River, ON, Canada
Age: 29
Posts: 1,801
Rep Power: 0
justin_time is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonw View Post
My property before this was an acre. Now I have a half acre. My little green guy has lasted me 5 years with no problems until now. Paid for itself many times over. I read reviews and did research and saw all the problems with both of these models but all I have to say is a lot can be said for proper maintenance. People think they can take these things and run them all day and night without ever so much as blowing them off. If you maintain them and dont beet the hell out of them they will last for years. A perfect example is the green one. Its given me 5 years of very reliable great service but 3 hours of brush cutting and chopping down hundreds of 1/4" pine trees proved to be to much for it. I beet on it for 3 hours non stop and she finally gave in, it dose however still run great but I will no longer be using it for stuff like that. The green one is just a direct drive which I am sure all the hitting trees and dirt bringing it to a dead stall is one of the things that caused the problems. The new one has a clutch and I would assume as with everything ells the jolts like that will not affect the motor in such a way as the clutch should soak it up. On top of that a lot can be said about 4 stroke reliability as well as B&S motors. I have never ever had an issue with a B&S motor that was not human caused. My mower is the same story, 5 years old and still going strong. I have to agree but disagree with your opinion. I am sure this new one would not stand up to the rigors of a 12 hour day for to long. I however at this time have only 4 clients. I average about 3 hours of work a week at this time and only 2 of those clients require the use of a weed eater so I am sure this new one will be up to the task of taking me to the next level in this business. The availability of all the attachments is a bonus that is sure to save my some money and storage room on future jobs as well. One of the biggest complaints I have read about this one is about the motors not being reliable as well as the main seals in them going out but most complainants fail to realize the manual says to change the oil after 10 hours of use for the first time and 25 hours every other time thereafter. I could very well be wrong and if so I hope it burns up in the first 30 days so I can take it strait back to lowes. If it dose or even when it dose if I don't think it has given me good service I will try a different brand. I hear JD makes good equipment, do they make weed whackers? Anyway truth be told I was very iffy when shopping for this as my Weed Eater brand has been so darn reliable for so many years I really thought I should just stick with them. Also the green one was 1/4 the cost of the new one.
John Deere trimmers
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-13-2009, 07:37 PM
jasonw's Avatar
jasonw jasonw is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,008
Rep Power: 8
jasonw is on a distinguished road
Default

I have an update. I just got back from finishing the job and I absolutely love this thing. The auto feeder was awesome until it got tangled up. I tried the big reel that hold 4 of the big purple line and it bogged the motor to much to be really to useful and made me worry about burning it up so I removed the large lines and added 4 of the smaller orange lines and it kicked but. Very low RPM cutting the hell out of the weeds. After Saturday I estimated another 4 hours before finishing the job. Well I did it in 2 hours. WOOHOO. This is only the first job its been on which means nothing as far as its reliability. I will keep everyone posted.
__________________
White Company
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-14-2009, 05:17 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 37,246
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

How does the machine handle being a 4-stroke vs. a 2 stroke? I would figure it run differently.
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
I'm Back With The Best...
aduttonater
02-21-2015 12:41 AM
Today 08:11 AM
by Just for Cuts
60 2,582
Get Help
JohnMartin
Today 04:14 AM
Today 04:14 AM
by JohnMartin
0 28
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
01-11-2015 10:41 AM
Yesterday 09:46 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
61 5,347
Correct me if I'm wrong...
SGL1
Yesterday 02:41 PM
Yesterday 09:16 PM
by SGL1
3 63
Lawn Care Service in...
Friscobob
04-24-2015 03:33 PM
Yesterday 06:37 PM
by Friscobob
3 127
Buying contracts /...
greenscaper123
Yesterday 04:46 PM
Yesterday 04:46 PM
by greenscaper123
0 43
what's the big deal...
Tony317
04-25-2015 02:19 PM
Yesterday 12:08 PM
by SGL1
2 97
New company in Michigan
SEM
04-24-2015 09:27 PM
Yesterday 05:18 AM
by Sprinkler Buddy
3 99
Total yard rehab
SGL1
04-23-2015 03:59 PM
04-25-2015 08:25 PM
by SGL1
7 189
mowing pic
joshlawncare
04-25-2015 12:34 PM
04-25-2015 08:09 PM
by avetslawncare
1 88
Big (to me) mulch job
tl757
04-23-2015 05:32 PM
04-25-2015 08:01 PM
by avetslawncare
7 201
Newb Question - Multiple...
DependiLawn
04-24-2015 11:36 PM
04-24-2015 11:36 PM
by DependiLawn
0 75
maintandlawndispatch...
SGL1
04-21-2015 03:31 PM
04-24-2015 04:42 PM
by Steve
9 244
Thoughts on Undocumented...
element009
09-25-2011 11:08 AM
04-23-2015 09:32 PM
by Chilehead
56 15,537
Hello Everyone
DesignsByBnC
04-22-2015 04:07 PM
04-23-2015 02:19 PM
by DesignsByBnC
2 124
The upcoming rainy...
5StarLawnscaping
04-21-2015 01:22 PM
04-23-2015 12:54 PM
by Steve
7 219
color fliers?
holymoly
04-18-2015 02:32 PM
04-23-2015 12:50 PM
by Steve
12 391
WARNING! Especially to...
SC93
04-19-2015 12:05 PM
04-22-2015 01:39 PM
by Steve
14 450
Could be great news for...
SC93
04-14-2015 11:06 PM
04-22-2015 01:28 PM
by Steve
15 529
quick pic
joshlawncare
04-14-2015 07:49 PM
04-21-2015 05:01 PM
by joshlawncare
4 363
Got Inspected today
swstout
08-09-2010 10:31 PM
04-21-2015 03:53 PM
by SGL1
10 4,020
Smoked my first belt!
SGL1
04-20-2015 08:46 PM
04-21-2015 03:28 PM
by SGL1
4 191
Pictures of commercial...
avetslawncare
04-01-2015 09:47 PM
04-21-2015 12:47 PM
by Steve
25 1,038
lawn care business...
holymoly
04-18-2015 02:56 PM
04-21-2015 06:18 AM
by holymoly
3 280
landscape insurance
clarkslawn
03-30-2015 10:14 PM
04-20-2015 10:02 PM
by SGL1
4 500
Poll & Discussion...
CHEESE2009
09-16-2011 06:16 PM
04-20-2015 08:20 PM
by avetslawncare
27 5,697
weed
avetslawncare
04-16-2015 07:56 PM
04-20-2015 01:08 PM
by Steve
4 285
Aerating / Dethaching...
Hard-Body lawn & garden
04-12-2015 07:53 PM
04-19-2015 08:49 PM
by Chilehead
17 624
Start LIKING FACEBOOK...
rlclawncare123
02-26-2015 12:06 AM
04-19-2015 09:21 AM
by KJ90
8 1,040
bidding a cemetery....
NPM_LLC
03-28-2015 10:56 AM
04-19-2015 05:26 AM
by RSE
22 1,061
Hustler Raptor
SGL1
04-13-2015 09:27 PM
04-18-2015 07:53 AM
by SGL1
15 541
is craiglist good to...
JBENI
04-16-2015 11:11 AM
04-17-2015 10:25 PM
by Wolf4dk
11 456
Am I missing something...
googus
04-11-2015 06:33 PM
04-17-2015 08:01 PM
by avetslawncare
10 561
Hello
sonny54
04-16-2015 09:49 PM
04-17-2015 03:10 PM
by Steve
1 222
Unreal
Chilehead
04-09-2015 09:12 PM
04-17-2015 08:27 AM
by Chilehead
11 601
starting a lawn care...
JBENI
04-14-2015 09:03 AM
04-17-2015 08:03 AM
by JBENI
14 590
Finally got a warehouse
avetslawncare
03-12-2015 07:52 PM
04-16-2015 07:52 PM
by avetslawncare
23 1,398
New 14 x 7 Enclosed...
whitepropertydetail
04-15-2015 06:46 PM
04-16-2015 03:40 PM
by Steve
1 284
older used dump trucks
SECTLANDSCAPING
09-22-2011 12:33 AM
04-16-2015 12:41 PM
by biglee
21 8,080
Tax Poll
Steve
04-15-2015 02:13 PM
04-15-2015 02:13 PM
by Steve
0 260
lawn care by Aj
aj10261984
04-14-2015 06:50 PM
04-15-2015 01:43 PM
by Steve
2 303
Contact last years...
googus
01-28-2015 08:13 AM
04-15-2015 12:54 PM
by SC93
7 1,299
trying to sign up for...
JBENI
04-14-2015 10:20 AM
04-14-2015 12:11 PM
by Steve
1 854
Charging customers for...
Hard-Body lawn & garden
04-14-2015 07:34 AM
04-14-2015 10:35 AM
by Steve
1 341
New member
Jdlandscaping,LLC
04-11-2015 03:24 PM
04-14-2015 05:45 AM
by Jdlandscaping,LLC
2 364
hello
oasis_greenscapes
04-01-2015 06:18 PM
04-13-2015 12:03 PM
by Steve
8 599
New Member
Greenturion
04-11-2015 02:00 PM
04-13-2015 11:59 AM
by Steve
1 321
Client with...
OldSalt
04-07-2015 09:47 PM
04-13-2015 11:57 AM
by Steve
8 549
Getting rid of "mulched...
Mr. Mow
04-12-2015 04:21 PM
04-13-2015 11:26 AM
by biglee
3 361
String trim BEFORE mow...
Mr. Mow
04-12-2015 08:13 AM
04-13-2015 11:11 AM
by biglee
7 474
» Popular Tags
ad landscaping aerocore apartment bid apartment lawn care estimate applying auger billy goat brushcutter blades bush contract help curb appeal services deliquentaccounts design ditches door hangers employee problems equipment rental estimate ferris foreman free advertising google growing a lawn care business how to husqvarna jobs john deere quik trac landscape services lawn lawn care lawn care busines plan lawn care business seo lawn care business website lawn care business website seo lawn care seo lawn care website lawn care website seo lawn mowing managing a lawn care business marketing marketing secrets mulch new business new mower per hour service pricing pto secrets to landscaping seo shell small engine repair snow plowing square foot starting a lawn care business steep lawns theft toro toro grand stand tractor auger trailer trailer mate pro tree trimmer rack up sell employee web design website website design winterization wood www.greenturion.co.za
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy