Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Property Management Forums > General Talk

General Talk If it doesn't fit anywhere else, post it here.

So how about that Swine Flu?


General Talk

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, post it here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 04-30-2009, 02:07 AM
CHEESE2009 CHEESE2009 is offline
Dr. Scott - Ruler of the Underworld
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Switzerland, Grindelwald
Age: 75
Posts: 4,473
Rep Power: 0
CHEESE2009 is on a distinguished road
Default So how about that Swine Flu?

It's currently at phase 5 of 6.

We will be mowing with respiratory masks on eventually, lol.

Better get them custom made with your logos, that would be pretty sweet, no?

Just kiddin'


From what I've heard, apparently people die from the regular flu every day & that this swine flu isn't as bad? Hmm.

That little girl/boy who died outside of Mexico wasn't even 1 year old yet, so in my opinion any few month old child has a high chance of dieing with a flu or any form sickness.

OR MAYBE this is some conspiracy thing, I love this crap it's so well put together. I heard these several stories all over the net:

1. Obama owns stock in the market that creates the vaccine for these situations, & perhaps he sent the disease out to Mexico aka the perfect testing zone purposely.

2. It has been decided that the world needs to go through depopulation, & this was the governments secret plan to wipe us out.

3. It just happened because it said so in the bible.

4. A man had sex with a pig & later had some fried chicken.

5. It was man made for biological warfare.

6. It just happened, there is history of swine flu being present for a short period of time in the past.


What do you think? I have no real opinion on this one.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 04-30-2009, 02:52 AM
swstout's Avatar
swstout swstout is offline
Steve
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canastota, NY
Age: 67
Posts: 1,082
Rep Power: 9
swstout is on a distinguished road
Default Swine Flu

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by BREEZE2009 View Post
It's currently at phase 5 of 6.

We will be mowing with respiratory masks on eventually, lol.

Better get them custom made with your logos, that would be pretty sweet, no?

Just kiddin'


From what I've heard, apparently people die from the regular flu every day & that this swine flu isn't as bad? Hmm.

That little girl/boy who died outside of Mexico wasn't even 1 year old yet, so in my opinion any few month old child has a high chance of dieing with a flu or any form sickness.

OR MAYBE this is some conspiracy thing, I love this crap it's so well put together. I heard these several stories all over the net:

1. Obama owns stock in the market that creates the vaccine for these situations, & perhaps he sent the disease out to Mexico aka the perfect testing zone purposely.

2. It has been decided that the world needs to go through depopulation, & this was the governments secret plan to wipe us out.

3. It just happened because it said so in the bible.

4. A man had sex with a pig & later had some fried chicken.

5. It was man made for biological warfare.

6. It just happened, there is history of swine flu being present for a short period of time in the past.


What do you think? I have no real opinion on this one.
I really doubt there is any clandestin conspiracy going on. More probably, it is an opertunistic conspiracy. I remember the Swine Flu epidemic of the 60's. The Flu then started in Cuba and spread from there. There was a death toll from it but it (the major deaths) was in areas of poor medical availability. Any Flu affects the very young and the very old much more seriously.

I say an opertunistic conspiracy due to the fact that our current President and a few high ranking liberals want our government to take over healthcare. Fear mongering is a great way to justify pushing down our throats a plan that the majority of the people just don't want.

Steve
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-30-2009, 03:08 AM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 37,925
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Why not jump on this and use it as a marketing angle

__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-30-2009, 03:20 AM
swstout's Avatar
swstout swstout is offline
Steve
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canastota, NY
Age: 67
Posts: 1,082
Rep Power: 9
swstout is on a distinguished road
Default Why feed the fear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Why not jump on this and use it as a marketing angle

Why feed the fear? If someone might get sick and unable to work, How are they going to pay for lawn service. Don't promote fears that will hurt your business?

Steve
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-30-2009, 06:16 AM
musician/lawnman musician/lawnman is offline
Chuck
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South West Florida
Posts: 919
Rep Power: 0
musician/lawnman is on a distinguished road
Default

Yeah Steve that seems a little over the top man.
Ya might as well advertise that they should let you do their lawn so they never have to leave the comfortably steril environment of thier own house.
"You should go outside anymore, it's not safe!" Then you show up & mow the lawn wearing a respirator & leave the invoicefor them in a zip lock bag marked "decontaminated".

If Obama manages to get socialized medicine pushed through we are screwed, & dumb as hell as a society for letting it happen, It has failed everywhere it has been put into practice.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-30-2009, 06:28 AM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 37,925
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
We will be mowing with respiratory masks on eventually, lol.
When I read the first post I just started laughing and had to throw that together
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-30-2009, 12:24 PM
StartALawnCareBusiness's Avatar
StartALawnCareBusiness StartALawnCareBusiness is offline
Keith
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 731
Rep Power: 0
StartALawnCareBusiness is on a distinguished road
Default How swine flu is passed.

__________________
Start a profitable lawn care business.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-30-2009, 04:28 PM
turfmaster's Avatar
turfmaster turfmaster is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 366
Rep Power: 8
turfmaster is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musician/lawnman View Post
Yeah Steve that seems a little over the top man.
Ya might as well advertise that they should let you do their lawn so they never have to leave the comfortably steril environment of thier own house.
"You should go outside anymore, it's not safe!" Then you show up & mow the lawn wearing a respirator & leave the invoicefor them in a zip lock bag marked "decontaminated".

If Obama manages to get socialized medicine pushed through we are screwed, & dumb as hell as a society for letting it happen, It has failed everywhere it has been put into practice.
Not according to the big spending big government liberals!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-30-2009, 08:26 PM
CHEESE2009 CHEESE2009 is offline
Dr. Scott - Ruler of the Underworld
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Switzerland, Grindelwald
Age: 75
Posts: 4,473
Rep Power: 0
CHEESE2009 is on a distinguished road
Default

Lmao!

"A healthy looking lawn is stronger then a vaccine, Breeze Lawn Service"
"Rid your gutters of debris which cause swine flu"

I could imagine wearing a hazmat suit with a biohazard symbol, just mowing...

That would be too funny!


I think we're all safe, the places people have died from previous diseases & even current diseases, their countries aren't well.. you know... They had it coming, said in the nicest way possible.

They didn't mention anything about the climate the disease functions in yet.
It might be harmless only in hotter regions over cold regions.

Either way I should change my company name to Breeze Flu, with a tagline, "Everyone will eventually get us... especially hotter regions" LOL
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-30-2009, 09:14 PM
Little's's Avatar
Little's Little's is offline
Brandon
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Shasta Lake CA.
Posts: 814
Rep Power: 9
Little's is on a distinguished road
Default

Well lets see:
Mad Cow Disease: Didn't catch it.
SARS: Didn't catch it
Bird Flu: Didn't catch it
Swine Flu?: Probably wont catch it either.

Not going to waste my time worrying about it. Practice good common sense hygiene and you should be fine.
__________________
Northern California
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swine Flu Steve General Talk 1 04-26-2009 08:12 PM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
How to tell Cust. to...
GeeGood
04-09-2008 09:55 PM
Today 02:45 PM
by JJand M Lawncare
13 5,191
Did this job free to...
JJand M Lawncare
Today 02:33 PM
Today 02:33 PM
by JJand M Lawncare
0 10
Correct way to quote a...
WarriorLandscapingCAN
Today 11:52 AM
Today 11:52 AM
by WarriorLandscapingCAN
0 11
Having an issue with...
Mr. Mow
04-27-2016 03:58 PM
04-28-2016 05:04 AM
by Sprinkler Buddy
2 103
Hello From Virginia
JJand M Lawncare
04-25-2016 01:02 PM
04-27-2016 05:20 PM
by Steve
5 136
knowledge is Key
Greg'slawnandlandscape
04-23-2016 02:23 AM
04-25-2016 02:40 PM
by Steve
2 125
Hello from Calgary
Freshcut
04-22-2016 06:10 PM
04-25-2016 02:38 PM
by Steve
1 115
Echo Bed Redefiner...
NPM_LLC
04-12-2016 10:54 AM
04-22-2016 06:15 PM
by Freshcut
4 314
Has anyone done a garden?
Brian3137
03-28-2016 10:42 AM
04-22-2016 04:42 PM
by biglee
13 9,754
What would you charge?
markty
04-18-2016 03:28 PM
04-22-2016 09:01 AM
by chris2500hd
6 279
Replaced Mower Engine
Sprinkler Buddy
04-15-2016 06:21 AM
04-19-2016 11:03 AM
by Sprinkler Buddy
6 256
Hello from Oklahoma
Ron Hall
03-24-2016 06:59 PM
04-16-2016 03:51 AM
by Ron Hall
9 9,467
Laying down some stripes
MATTNAPIER89
04-11-2016 09:55 PM
04-14-2016 11:55 PM
by Steve
3 331
Find out what business...
MATTNAPIER89
04-11-2016 09:58 PM
04-13-2016 12:32 PM
by MATTNAPIER89
2 287
Hello my name is Matt
MATTNAPIER89
04-11-2016 09:46 PM
04-13-2016 12:58 AM
by Steve
1 234
How to drop some...
nickeckes
04-11-2016 01:07 AM
04-12-2016 05:22 PM
by Steve
4 317
Trash Receptacle for a...
tannerduncan
04-12-2016 05:02 PM
04-12-2016 05:19 PM
by Steve
1 217
Small Project Lawn
tannerduncan
03-31-2016 08:21 PM
04-12-2016 05:16 PM
by Steve
7 9,344
Please Help! Bidding...
Dorali
02-15-2016 12:02 PM
04-06-2016 01:08 AM
by Steve
36 13,042
Hello
pbcleff
04-05-2016 07:45 PM
04-06-2016 12:35 AM
by Steve
1 406
Hello
llewelwa
03-18-2016 12:47 AM
04-05-2016 12:14 AM
by Steve
3 9,340
Poop and Scooping
llewelwa
04-01-2016 05:48 PM
04-05-2016 12:08 AM
by Steve
1 9,121
help with sole...
greenbuds
03-24-2016 12:21 PM
04-04-2016 05:33 PM
by WarriorLandscapingCAN
2 9,283
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 PM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 PM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy