Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Graphic And Web Design Support Forums > Search Engine Optimization and Website Design Discussions.

Search Engine Optimization and Website Design Discussions. Need a lawn care business website built? Talk about search engine optimization. Or ask your lawn care and landscaping business web building related questions here. Show us your landscaping business web site for review.

website imatator

Search Engine Optimization and Website Design Discussions.

Need a lawn care business website built? Talk about search engine optimization. Or ask your lawn care and landscaping business web building related questions here. Show us your landscaping business web site for review.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Matt

landonkade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritchiem View Post
I didn't realalize that it was SprinklerRepair from these forums that is doing this. It now seems that he loved the website I did for Clark Landscaping as well. Why would you PM me asking for my prices and other stuff Craig???

You sir are playing a dirty game and I don't like it.

I darn sure dont like the game you are playing with me either craig.

why would you choose to do SEO testing on lawn care on a city that is several hundred miles from you if you do irrigation repair in your city near orlando? Why couldnt you have picked a city near you or made up a domain name to see if you would rank. what you did is very disrespectful in my book

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator

Old 01-03-2009, 08:06 PM
ritchiem

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:

why would you choose to do SEO testing on lawn care on a city that is several hundred miles from you if you do irrigation repair in your city near orlando? Why couldnt you have picked a city near you or made up a domain name to see if you would rank. what you did is very disrespectful in my book
I was in fact talking about the game he is playing with you. To tell you the truth I could care less that he is trying to modify a theme that I used for wordpress.

I do in fact really care that he is hurting your Google rank for an experiment. What he is doing should be seen as an act of fraud. I am sure he wouldn't appreciate me buying up domain and messing up his ranks for search engines. Search engines cache pages for a long time and it could be a long while before what damage Craig has cause is repaired.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:38 PM

StateofBob is on a distinguished road
Default Definetly Up To No Good

This whole thing is strange. I looked at his site and I just don't get what he is doing.

christ, he is a Carnival Barker!

I mean, we all work hard, hot or cold outside.

The only reason to have a website is to increase sales , RIGHT?

I would guess that he does also. What could be the motive?

He lives in FLORIDA!!!!?

I yank pull cords and change spark plugs for a living., and I am not a psychologist.

BUT!!!

Can anyone offer any reason why this Jack *** would think he can blackmail somebody by car-jacking their website like a Lexus?

How do we all come together to fight this sort of thing?

Is there someway to alert all the "Gopher'Bro's" and explain to them what is going on on this thread? How would they know? Contact Steve?

On to another subject. I need some help.

I don't have a website yet, but when I do, I don't want to be 'hacked" like landonke!

What do you "web savvy " guys think of this website name?

I don't have site up yet.

I found the only website online selling the "niz" extension and according to what they said, it will overtake ".com" soon. What do you 'webby's" think?

I'm only 4'11' and I thought maybe I could get the nationally conservative estimate of the .0075% of "growth challenged persons" people like myself to go with a GCP landscaper like me.

In Memphis there must be thousands!!! (but I haven't checked).

I did pay the higher price for the "niz" although the "com" was available.

I'm new to this kinda stuff. What do you "Internet Hot Shots" think?

Any tips or advice would be helpful.

If it makes any "technical" difference, I'm running Windows 95.

P.S., I'm thinking of getting a "RIDER MOWER" soon because every time I get stopped by an obstacle or rock in the yard. the darn the push mower handle hits me in the throat.

Any suggestions? I've got a Home Depot charge card, if that helps.

At least I can still type.

Bob
Old 01-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Matt

EatingEmoKids

StateofBob, I personally think a domain with 7 words in it is way to long, any more then 3 or 4 is to long imo. Also I dont think .niz is going to take over .com any time soon. Most people if they dont remember the domain extension either search google for it or just type in the .com. I'm pretty web savy and I doubt I would even think to type that one in.. So I would recommend you buying .com when available.

Good luck on your website tho!

Also when I first checked out this thread to see if it was craig doing it I did a reverse ip check to see what other sites were hosted on the same site as the one he is ripping off. There were over 80 other sites and a lot of them were related to lawn care. I'll post them up later so that other people can check and make sure their not getting screwed over as well.

Get a free website makeover for your lawn care business!
Go to this thread to learn more:
http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?p=44255
Old 01-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Matt

landonkade

Quote:
Originally Posted by landonkade View Post

bump.......

Any input steve for the members to see about this whole thread.... I still havent heard anything from the SprinklerRepair that lives in Sorrento, Florida

Last edited by landonkade; 01-05-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Lawn Care Marketing

SprinklerRepair is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Website "imatator"

Hey Everybody! It's Craig Borglum, this weeks punching bag! How ya'll doin!
Thanks for the applause, I'll be here all month and don't forget to tip your lovely waitress!

Seems that we got a little problem here.

I'm not a big NAFTA guy, but I learned in grade school that a healthy and competitive marketplace was not only good for America and good for the consumer, but it raises the bar of commerce and leads to better customer service for the end user.

Does anyone here agree, or am I the only poster on this thread to graduate with a 6th grade economics education?

It looks like Matt is a bit ticked off that after bragging on an earlier post that he had 7 out of the top 10 SERP's (search engine return pages) for the keyword "Dothan lawn care", that he now has a competitor.

Sorry, I just assumed that at least one other guy in his town cut grass.

I guess my reply would be "Why brag that you can shoot fish in a barrel?" Anybody can shoot fish in a barrel.

That geo-specific long tail keyword phrase is not like trying to rank for "lawn care" or even "Miami lawn care." It's Brim fishing versus Marlin hunting.

I make most of my living by getting paid by website owners that want to compete on Google with guys like Matt (I still do some sprinkler repair for long term customers). The main difference is, unlike Matt's site, my clients are trying to rank against serps that are over 300,000.

Bigger game fishing, not dock fishing for perch.

It ain't easy (shed a quick tear for me). It normally takes me 3-4 months to have links appear on the first page, and then another 6 months for the website URL to appear "above the fold."

But I realized when I first joined this forum around year ago, that a lot of the SEO stuff I was reading here was not very sophisticated. Some of it is completely wrong. Some of it is just plain stupid.

It was obvious while watching the "housing bubble" burst in a circular motion starting in Australia, going to Japan, moving to Europe and finally making it here, that a lot of people were going to lose their jobs.

I knew that terrestrial real estate (versus virtual real estate) is going taking a big hit and that a lot of guys with industrial pensions or construction workers were going to look for something to do, and lawn care has a very low barrier to entry, so lawn care start ups would increase (and quality probably go down). Still, more competition.

I bought around 50 or so "lawn care" domains for big cities, installed a scraper script on a WordPress, and let them percolate. I have only done link work on 3 or 4, and they are doing "mas o menos" for their returns. If I have the time to apply any of the tactics I'll be telling everyone about, they will skyrocket toward the top. It's just not a priority for me right now.

I'll let them sit another 6 months and then install an exit pop-up saying "this high ranking website is for sale". Virtual real estate is on the up! So this is why "Emo Kid" was freaking out. He saw all my lawn care sites. Making sure I was not "ripping people off." Sound the alarm!

Hey Emo, you ever buy a Pepsi? Ya should have called Coke about the "big ripoff" going down.

Sorry to hear it took you a year to get to #1 for "french river lawn care."

Watch this post. It will take you 3 months to do it better next time.

If you own a website called "DenverLawnCare.com", don't think for one minute your competitor is not going to buy a keyword phrased URL like "Denver-Lawn-Care.com" similar to yours. Or "DenverLawnCare.net" or "Denver**Lawn**Care.com". Lots of possibilities to rank on SE's other than Google that pay attention to URL's. Not everyone uses Google.

To think nobody is gunning for your SERP right now is just dumb. Rather than focus on the key phrase in the URL, focus on back links. Give Google the love they want, and they will love you back. Simple.

So let's get back to Matt, crying that "somebody is competing with me. It's just not fair!"

Why am I competing with him for the SERP "Dothan Lawn care?"

Just proving a point. You should always believe that someone is competing with you, because some one is. It's not paranoia. Matt has kicked *** online in his market because the other guys don't know as much as he does.

Guess what?

That's all about to change.

I've got around 8 hours into getting above the fold to the #4 position for "Dothan lawn care" for a brand new website.

Not in a year.

Not in 6 months.

In one freaking week.

"Google sandbox" comments anyone?

And I'm gonna show everybody exactly how to do it.

Just so Matt knows;

I have no more apologies to you for competing online than I would if I was starting a new lawn service in your town and putting door hangers on your customer's houses. This is America. Competition is in our blood. You don't like my website? Think it is a copy of yours (this goes for ritchiem too)?

Run it through copyscape.

On the other hand, once my 30 day experiment is through, I had planned all along to 301 re-direct all my links to your site. And I will.

If you don't want them, let me know.

Some unsuspecting lawn guy will check his dothan landscaping site in a month and go WHOOO-HOOO!

And "riechiem"? The reason that I asked what you charged was so I could determine whether that "balls to the wall" SEO optimized site you did
www.clarklandscaping.biz was affordable for the average guy looking for a new website.

You told me it was $500 to make one just like that.

In my opinion, having paid many website builders, that is not only one of the nicest SEO layouts I have ever seen, but the cost is way too cheap.

That site should be $1000.00+ Forums and everything? I will recommend your services, and I'm not kissing ***.

I could care less if you think I'm a jerk, or understand me or not. I know good work when I see it. Oh, and that 'copy my site" comment? Get a grip. A flash header does not a "truly original" site make. We all build (including you) on what we see. Imitation (not copyright infringement) is a form of flattery.
You did not invent WordPress coding. And there is a "no cache" tag for Google if I wasn't going to 301 my links to Matt.

"Long term damage" to ranking?

Long term damage to ranking is done by website owners to themselves because they haven't got a clue how to deeply embed themselves in the SERP's.

Stay tuned.

I'll clue you guys in, and everybody else in, soon.

Until then, keep forking over $29.95 to the "submit you to 500 directories sites"! L-O-fing-L!
Old 01-05-2009, 07:42 PM

EasyPro is on a distinguished road
Default I Love It

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprinklerRepair View Post
Hey Everybody! It's Craig Borglum, this weeks punching bag! How ya'll doin!
Thanks for the applause, I'll be here all month and don't forget to tip your lovely waitress!

Seems that we got a little problem here.

I'm not a big NAFTA guy, but I learned in grade school that a healthy and competitive marketplace was not only good for America and good for the consumer, but it raises the bar of commerce and leads to better customer service for the end user.

Does anyone here agree, or am I the only poster on this thread to graduate with a 6th grade economics education?

It looks like Matt is a bit ticked off that after bragging on an earlier post that he had 7 out of the top 10 SERP's (search engine return pages) for the keyword "Dothan lawn care", that he now has a competitor.

Sorry, I just assumed that at least one other guy in his town cut grass.

I guess my reply would be "Why brag that you can shoot fish in a barrel?" Anybody can shoot fish in a barrel.

That geo-specific long tail keyword phrase is not like trying to rank for "lawn care" or even "Miami lawn care." It's Brim fishing versus Marlin hunting.

I make most of my living by getting paid by website owners that want to compete on Google with guys like Matt (I still do some sprinkler repair for long term customers). The main difference is, unlike Matt's site, my clients are trying to rank against serps that are over 300,000.

Bigger game fishing, not dock fishing for perch.

It ain't easy (shed a quick tear for me). It normally takes me 3-4 months to have links appear on the first page, and then another 6 months for the website URL to appear "above the fold."

But I realized when I first joined this forum around year ago, that a lot of the SEO stuff I was reading here was not very sophisticated. Some of it is completely wrong. Some of it is just plain stupid.

It was obvious while watching the "housing bubble" burst in a circular motion starting in Australia, going to Japan, moving to Europe and finally making it here, that a lot of people were going to lose their jobs.

I knew that terrestrial real estate (versus virtual real estate) is going taking a big hit and that a lot of guys with industrial pensions or construction workers were going to look for something to do, and lawn care has a very low barrier to entry, so lawn care start ups would increase (and quality probably go down). Still, more competition.

I bought around 50 or so "lawn care" domains for big cities, installed a scraper script on a WordPress, and let them percolate. I have only done link work on 3 or 4, and they are doing "mas o menos" for their returns. If I have the time to apply any of the tactics I'll be telling everyone about, they will skyrocket toward the top. It's just not a priority for me right now.

I'll let them sit another 6 months and then install an exit pop-up saying "this high ranking website is for sale". Virtual real estate is on the up! So this is why "Emo Kid" was freaking out. He saw all my lawn care sites. Making sure I was not "ripping people off." Sound the alarm!

Hey Emo, you ever buy a Pepsi? Ya should have called Coke about the "big ripoff" going down.

Sorry to hear it took you a year to get to #1 for "french river lawn care."

Watch this post. It will take you 3 months to do it better next time.

If you own a website called "DenverLawnCare.com", don't think for one minute your competitor is not going to buy a keyword phrased URL like "Denver-Lawn-Care.com" similar to yours. Or "DenverLawnCare.net" or "Denver**Lawn**Care.com". Lots of possibilities to rank on SE's other than Google that pay attention to URL's. Not everyone uses Google.

To think nobody is gunning for your SERP right now is just dumb. Rather than focus on the key phrase in the URL, focus on back links. Give Google the love they want, and they will love you back. Simple.

So let's get back to Matt, crying that "somebody is competing with me. It's just not fair!"

Why am I competing with him for the SERP "Dothan Lawn care?"

Just proving a point. You should always believe that someone is competing with you, because some one is. It's not paranoia. Matt has kicked *** online in his market because the other guys don't know as much as he does.

Guess what?

That's all about to change.

I've got around 8 hours into getting above the fold to the #4 position for "Dothan lawn care" for a brand new website.

Not in a year.

Not in 6 months.

In one freaking week.

"Google sandbox" comments anyone?

And I'm gonna show everybody exactly how to do it.

Just so Matt knows;

I have no more apologies to you for competing online than I would if I was starting a new lawn service in your town and putting door hangers on your customer's houses. This is America. Competition is in our blood. You don't like my website? Think it is a copy of yours (this goes for ritchiem too)?

Run it through copyscape.

On the other hand, once my 30 day experiment is through, I had planned all along to 301 re-direct all my links to your site. And I will.

If you don't want them, let me know.

Some unsuspecting lawn guy will check his dothan landscaping site in a month and go WHOOO-HOOO!

And "riechiem"? The reason that I asked what you charged was so I could determine whether that "balls to the wall" SEO optimized site you did
www.clarklandscaping.biz was affordable for the average guy looking for a new website.

You told me it was $500 to make one just like that.

In my opinion, having paid many website builders, that is not only one of the nicest SEO layouts I have ever seen, but the cost is way too cheap.

That site should be $1000.00+ Forums and everything? I will recommend your services, and I'm not kissing ***.

I could care less if you think I'm a jerk, or understand me or not. I know good work when I see it. Oh, and that 'copy my site" comment? Get a grip. A flash header does not a "truly original" site make. We all build (including you) on what we see. Imitation (not copyright infringement) is a form of flattery.
You did not invent WordPress coding. And there is a "no cache" tag for Google if I wasn't going to 301 my links to Matt.

"Long term damage" to ranking?

Long term damage to ranking is done by website owners to themselves because they haven't got a clue how to deeply embed themselves in the SERP's.

Stay tuned.

I'll clue you guys in, and everybody else in, soon.

Until then, keep forking over $29.95 to the "submit you to 500 directories sites"! L-O-fing-L!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA I LOVE IT!!!!!!! If you ain't at the table, your on the menu . . . .. this goes to show every one no matter how good you think you are. NEVER be secure and ALWAYS look to step your game up!!!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 08:40 PM
ritchiem

well I am gonna sleep on that one before I post...I don't want to sound sarcastic or rude.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Lawn Care Marketing

SprinklerRepair is an unknown quantity at this point
Default And?

Uh, it's kinda quiet around here.

I can hear my voice echo like I'm in an empty gymnasium.

I posted a rather sarcastic and brutally personal post yesterday that I assumed would rain an avalanche of hell fire upon my character and might even spark comments about my mother!

Actually, that's what I was hoping for.

My thought process was "how can I be enough of an arrogant ***hole to bring people running to the post shouting "fight at the gopherhaul!"

I guess it did not work.

The "Dothan lawn care" trial experiment has moved my site on to the 1st page so fast, that even with the success I've had with past clients in far bigger markets, even I'm a little freaked out about it. One week and on the first page?!

If I can do it, so can you.

What I'm gonna show you guys how to do is not some;

"Super Internet Voodoo Secret Revealed For The First Time That Shows You How To Build Massive Traffic While Watching 'Dancing With The Stars' And Sitting On Your *** and Turning Your Competition Into Sniveling 3rd Page Losers"!!!!!!!

It's really boring and repetitive stuff.

Really.

Very boring. Quite repetitive.

Sorry, I don't know any "super secrets".

It's the same stuff that you probably already know how to do.

The only difference is the systemic approach and technology that saves you some time doing it, and most important of all, the order that you do it in.

If there is any "secret" (and there ain't) it is the order of scheduling links.

Call me a jerk. Call me an ***hole. Whatever. I can take it.

Because I can take your keywords anytime I want.

In 30 days?

Unlikely.

In 3-4 months?

Absolutely. No question about it.

Not because I'm smarter, or more "techie" than you.

I'm clinically close to retardation (according to my wife).

Why can I take your SERP's at will?

It's just because I have spent 8 years learning to be a "spider chef ".

My brother has been a Google consultant and DMOZ editor for over 10 years.

He taught me how to "cook".

Make better "spider food" and more spiders will show up to eat.

It's just that easy.

Free cooking lessons for spiders starts in a week or so.

Ya'll come back now, ya hear?

Last edited by SprinklerRepair; 01-06-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:28 PM
ritchiem

Quote:
My thought process was "how can I be enough of an arrogant ***hole to bring people running to the post shouting "fight at the gopherhaul!"
We are not that kind of forum...we are a peaceful people. I thought I was reading another 'lawn care forum' website when I read your post. We do not get many 'fire starters' in here.

I don't understand why you think you need to be a ***hole to get your points across. Because you don't...so I am a bit confused on that note. I think it is fantastic that you can get a site to rise in the ranks in a quick amount of time. I have been doing graphic / website design for years now and I still learn everyday on how to rise and keep my ranks for myself and my clients.

I am not going to flame and loose my cool. My only concern was (and perhaps it is a morale concern) that you seem to intentionally damage peoples website ranks to turn around and sell to them your SEO charged domain. It just doesn't sit right with me.

Your post sure was an attention grabber, however I don't know if it was the right attention.

Thanks for the compliments I suppose...I really don't know if they were sincere.