Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Graphic And Web Design Support Forums > Search Engine Optimization and Website Design Discussions.

Search Engine Optimization and Website Design Discussions. Need a lawn care business website built? Talk about search engine optimization. Or ask your lawn care and landscaping business web building related questions here. Show us your landscaping business web site for review.

website imatator


Search Engine Optimization and Website Design Discussions.

Need a lawn care business website built? Talk about search engine optimization. Or ask your lawn care and landscaping business web building related questions here. Show us your landscaping business web site for review.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 01-01-2009, 09:04 PM
landonkade's Avatar
landonkade landonkade is offline
Matt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alabama
Age: 33
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 9
landonkade
Default website imatator

I do regular searches on the internet for lawn care and lawn service in my city, there was a podcast about my SEO not to long ago. For a entire year everything has been doing good with the website and the 10 domains names i have surrounding my website name www.dothanlawncare.com. I recently came across a website called www.dothan-lawn-care.com i think its for my city but not sure. They copied most of my html, website name, and are now ranking top pages like me. The domain was just recently bought also from godaddy i think.

Is there anything that can be done for them coping most of everything of mine. Y would people try to get close to another domain name and copy word for word for there website.

Read my front page and then read theres and tell me what you think and what i could maybe do if there is anything i can do

Would they steal business from me now since they have all that or would i gain business because of the dashes in there website name, i dont think people would remember the dashes or would they

If anyone could help me with any info about this let me know... thanks. I havent had this happen before. Here is there whois info below

Registrant:
Irrigation Repair Inc.

32404 Okaloosa Trail
Sorrento, Florida 32776
United States

Registered through: EpicDomains.com
Domain Name: DOTHAN-LAWN-CARE.COM
Created on: 24-Dec-08
Expires on: 24-Dec-09
Last Updated on: 24-Dec-08

Administrative Contact:
Borglum, Craig boofoot1@comcast.net
Irrigation Repair Inc.
32404 Okaloosa Trail
Sorrento, Florida 32776
United States
(407) 920-7246

Technical Contact:
Borglum, Craig boofoot1@comcast.net
Irrigation Repair Inc.
32404 Okaloosa Trail
Sorrento, Florida 32776
United States
(407) 920-7246

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.HERMESDNS.COM
NS2.HERMESDNS.COM


Registry Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Status: clientRenewProhibited
Registry Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Status: clientUpdateProhibited

Last edited by landonkade; 01-01-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 01-01-2009, 09:44 PM
landonkade's Avatar
landonkade landonkade is offline
Matt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alabama
Age: 33
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 9
landonkade
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by landonkade View Post
I do regular searches on the internet for lawn care and lawn service in my city, there was a podcast about my SEO not to long ago. For a entire year everything has been doing good with the website and the 10 domains names i have surrounding my website name www.dothanlawncare.com. I recently came across a website called www.dothan-lawn-care.com i think its for my city but not sure. They copied most of my html, website name, and are now ranking top pages like me. The domain was just recently bought also from godaddy i think.

Is there anything that can be done for them coping most of everything of mine. Y would people try to get close to another domain name and copy word for word for there website.

Read my front page and then read theres and tell me what you think and what i could maybe do if there is anything i can do

Would they steal business from me now since they have all that or would i gain business because of the dashes in there website name, i dont think people would remember the dashes or would they

If anyone could help me with any info about this let me know... thanks. I havent had this happen before. Here is there whois info below

Registrant:
Irrigation Repair Inc.

32404 Okaloosa Trail
Sorrento, Florida 32776
United States

Registered through: EpicDomains.com
Domain Name: DOTHAN-LAWN-CARE.COM
Created on: 24-Dec-08
Expires on: 24-Dec-09
Last Updated on: 24-Dec-08

Administrative Contact:
Borglum, Craig boofoot1@comcast.net
Irrigation Repair Inc.
32404 Okaloosa Trail
Sorrento, Florida 32776
United States
(407) 920-7246

Technical Contact:
Borglum, Craig boofoot1@comcast.net
Irrigation Repair Inc.
32404 Okaloosa Trail
Sorrento, Florida 32776
United States
(407) 920-7246

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.HERMESDNS.COM
NS2.HERMESDNS.COM


Registry Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Status: clientRenewProhibited
Registry Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Status: clientUpdateProhibited



Here is a previous post i found by the Sprinkler repair guy on there talking about stuff i listed above. Sprinkler repair guy you live in FL, near orlando what do you have to do with Alabama.

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=3363

Last edited by landonkade; 01-01-2009 at 09:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-02-2009, 02:47 AM
EatingEmoKids's Avatar
EatingEmoKids EatingEmoKids is offline
Matt
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Age: 25
Posts: 125
Rep Power: 8
EatingEmoKids
Default

@ landonkade, there really isnt much you can do about it. I checked out the website and the it's content is not a copy of yours. It is very clear they are copying you and trying to steal your rank tho.

As for Craig (SprinklerRepair) thats pretty low doing that to a member here who is working hard on their business and then you do that for who knows what reason. I'm sure either to gain traffic for your many sites to sell products or even try and sell the domain to landonkade.
__________________


Get a free website makeover for your lawn care business!
Go to this thread to learn more:
http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?p=44255
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-02-2009, 09:00 AM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 37,506
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

When I went to the site is looks like one of those place holder sites. When you check on the about page it has nothing about them.

It does seem like the goal of the site is to drive traffic to his irrigation site. Also there is no phone number to call for service. So I am guessing anyone who went to that site is not going to get anything out of it.

The weird thing is that in the podcast I talked about Denver Lawn Care.
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-02-2009, 09:53 AM
landonkade's Avatar
landonkade landonkade is offline
Matt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alabama
Age: 33
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 9
landonkade
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatingEmoKids View Post
@ landonkade, there really isnt much you can do about it. I checked out the website and the it's content is not a copy of yours. It is very clear they are copying you and trying to steal your rank tho.

As for Craig (SprinklerRepair) thats pretty low doing that to a member here who is working hard on their business and then you do that for who knows what reason. I'm sure either to gain traffic for your many sites to sell products or even try and sell the domain to landonkade.
Yeah that is pretty low down.

Here he is copying my html, here is his:

Whether you live in Dothan, Ashford, Midland City, Headland, Abbeville, Slocomb or anywhere in Houston, Dale or Henry county, Dothan lawn care is your first choice for professional turf management and landscaping.

Here is mine:

We also cover the areas of Houston County, Dale County, Henry County and more. Also here are just some of the city’s we service Dothan, Ashford, Midland City, Headland, Abbeville, Slocomb.

Now tell me he didnt copy my html.........

If he is looking for me to buy that domin name sometime he is tough out of luck, i am not buying something from someone that does something like that, screw ball has nothing else to do in his life

Last edited by landonkade; 01-02-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-02-2009, 06:50 PM
StateofBob StateofBob is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2
Rep Power: 0
StateofBob is on a distinguished road
Default Low Life SOB

Who does this "Craig" guy think he is? Competing for a website ranking where he doesn't even live (I checked out his website, he's in Florida)?

What's up with that??!

Why would he do that?

It definitely sounds like a website ransom attempt.

The guy ought to come clean in the forum and explain himself, but I bet the lowlife is to chicken to do that!

I went to his website and got his email:

We should all, and I mean everybody that cares about their forum brothers, send him an email calling him a ***** until him answers the question WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO PULL!!!

Send out an all bulletins alert to all the "forum brothers".

We won't tolerate extortion!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-03-2009, 03:49 PM
landonkade's Avatar
landonkade landonkade is offline
Matt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alabama
Age: 33
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 9
landonkade
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateofBob View Post
Who does this "Craig" guy think he is? Competing for a website ranking where he doesn't even live (I checked out his website, he's in Florida)?

What's up with that??!

Why would he do that?

It definitely sounds like a website ransom attempt.

The guy ought to come clean in the forum and explain himself, but I bet the lowlife is to chicken to do that!

I went to his website and got his email:

We should all, and I mean everybody that cares about their forum brothers, send him an email calling him a ***** until him answers the question WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO PULL!!!

Send out an all bulletins alert to all the "forum brothers".

We won't tolerate extortion!
amen......
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-03-2009, 04:07 PM
landonkade's Avatar
landonkade landonkade is offline
Matt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alabama
Age: 33
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 9
landonkade
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by landonkade View Post
amen......
StateofBob
My time laped on the last quote,

amen...... you got that right.. what a scum.


craig
" I will award your evil with evil; you wont be able to escape" When you want someones things you take it with fraud and violence"

Last edited by landonkade; 01-03-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-03-2009, 05:34 PM
ritchiem
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

have you seen his site now...seems a little familiar...hmmm. He is totally on these forums.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-03-2009, 06:23 PM
ritchiem
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I didn't realalize that it was SprinklerRepair from these forums that is doing this. It now seems that he loved the website I did for Clark Landscaping as well. Why would you PM me asking for my prices and other stuff Craig???

You sir are playing a dirty game and I don't like it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
landscaping website, lawn care website, search engine optimization, seo, website

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
I came across this on a...
rootytalbot
Today 11:04 AM
Today 06:16 PM
by Chilehead
2 50
Help bidding a hedge...
hopolb33
Today 06:09 PM
Today 06:09 PM
by hopolb33
0 21
scag SWZT review!
mattthelawnguy
07-23-2015 02:28 PM
Yesterday 11:27 AM
by mattthelawnguy
10 398
Big mowing job
Bradcook21
07-30-2015 03:57 PM
07-31-2015 01:16 PM
by Bradcook21
6 145
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 11:18 AM
07-31-2015 12:29 PM
by Steve
1,227 401,490
Hello Everybody
budspop
07-30-2015 11:42 AM
07-31-2015 12:28 PM
by Steve
1 63
Should I buy this Exmark...
googus
07-03-2015 09:22 AM
07-31-2015 11:34 AM
by googus
9 602
Hello!
brandycarlton
07-29-2015 12:31 PM
07-29-2015 03:54 PM
by Steve
1 138
Assessing the Market
NJDB60
07-27-2015 03:25 PM
07-28-2015 09:24 PM
by Steve
2 254
Whats wrong with this...
GreenWorx
07-28-2015 07:56 PM
07-28-2015 09:09 PM
by Steve
2 236
Funny craigslist post
GreenWorx
07-28-2015 07:17 PM
07-28-2015 09:02 PM
by Steve
2 243
Watch out for this -...
rootytalbot
07-22-2015 02:13 PM
07-28-2015 09:00 PM
by Steve
7 398
NewVenture
NJDB60
07-27-2015 03:38 PM
07-28-2015 08:58 PM
by Steve
1 230
Pricing issue
Mr. Mow
07-07-2015 06:15 AM
07-27-2015 06:40 PM
by GreenWorx
17 792
how to make customers...
Bradcook21
05-27-2015 05:04 PM
07-27-2015 06:08 PM
by GreenWorx
15 2,970
Need your help, Gopher...
Chilehead
07-23-2015 07:02 PM
07-27-2015 11:28 AM
by Steve
11 386
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
01-11-2015 10:41 AM
07-27-2015 11:22 AM
by Steve
94 10,472
Dogs
Mr. Mow
06-29-2015 02:37 PM
07-25-2015 07:50 AM
by Chilehead
12 2,434
Just about mid year, how...
GreenWorx
06-24-2015 07:05 PM
07-22-2015 07:31 PM
by Chilehead
14 2,506
Learning as I grow -...
WarriorLandscapingCAN
07-18-2015 07:46 AM
07-21-2015 10:53 AM
by Steve
3 327
Large dirt mound removal
purdue1973
07-09-2015 07:45 PM
07-20-2015 12:55 PM
by Steve
6 466
Hey everyone
Fantasy landscaping
07-09-2015 06:53 AM
07-09-2015 11:47 AM
by Steve
1 340
Quickbooks Online
jscarolina
07-08-2015 07:54 AM
07-08-2015 12:55 PM
by Nate10928
1 363
I dont know what to do...
Bradcook21
06-21-2015 08:49 AM
07-07-2015 09:48 PM
by SGL1
16 2,763
Start LIKING FACEBOOK...
rlclawncare123
02-26-2015 12:06 AM
07-07-2015 02:54 PM
by GreenWorx
13 3,701
Is it too late to do...
markty
06-16-2015 05:28 PM
07-07-2015 01:00 PM
by problem solver
9 2,509
Hi everyone
Mattw
07-06-2015 05:59 PM
07-07-2015 10:18 AM
by Steve
1 363
4th of July parade...
Steve
07-06-2015 10:35 AM
07-06-2015 10:35 AM
by Steve
0 312
Unemployment rates drop,...
Steve
07-02-2015 12:40 PM
07-06-2015 10:30 AM
by Steve
4 487
» Popular Tags
accounting ad landscaping aerocore applying bark billy goat brushcutter blowout bob villa bush collections contract help curb appeal services deliquentaccounts demonstration design edging equipment dealer financials flyers foreman free advertising google growing a lawn care business hardscapes hiring how to hydro increase customers invoicing jobs landscape landscape services landscaping landscaping training lawn aeration lawn care lawn care busines plan lawn mowing marketing marketing secrets more customers business mulch new business ordinance past due patio install per hour charge per hour service plowing pricing profit on employee quickbooks quickbooks online scag sell the vision seo shell shreaded snow plowing solo square foot swzt tree pics up sell employee walk behind web design website website design wood www.greenturion.co.za
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 PM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 PM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy