Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Business > Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review!

Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review! Lawn Care Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations Discussion.

Another Trade With Another Business


Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review!

Lawn Care Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations Discussion.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 10-27-2008, 09:16 PM
landonkade's Avatar
landonkade landonkade is offline
Matt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alabama
Age: 33
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 9
landonkade
Default Another Trade With Another Business

Steve,


As you might already know that i had a trade with a advertising business a few weeks ago for them to do a magazine ad for me in return for me to do her yard for so long.

Been working on her yard off and on since the ad. I was doing some work at her house today and a neighbor seen me and ask me for a price on her yard. She has a old flower bed out front of her house, she wants me to take out and reconstruct her a new flower bed and do some hedge trimming, add plants, and have some curb appeal and color to enhance the look of her property.

I gave her a price of $1,500 due to recontructing, new flower bed, new plants and trees, hedge trimming, winter annuals, and the lawn cutting to have the finished look.

I will know tomorrow probaly if it is a go ahead or not.

Also....

As much as i advertise on myspace alot in different ways, another business offered a trade with me, they said i will get alot of publicity. They want to put a banner with my business name on there website and have it linked to my website. And for me to write a article in the (ask the expert section) of there website for fall/winter upkeep advise to help people, i will also be in the coupon section. Here is there website, its in my town and hasn't been up long http://www.meetdothan.net. In return for me to do lawn maintance on the property for so long. I could also get noticed again by neighbors as i did before

Also you might know that when people do a search for lawn care for my area, Steve had posted it at one time. That i have 7 to 8 search engines out of 10, just on one keyword. I do have alot more keywords that will bring up sometimes 4 to 5 to 6 search engines at a time.

lawncaremarketingmagic,

I remember you said that you would be glad to recontruct that banner ad for the magazine, but it was already published and is out in circulation as we speak. Would you mind helping me on the acticle, i have to turn it in, in a few days.

Also, What are some good specials to offer new clients with a years contract. Like one month free with signed contract, i know different people react to different offers. Just say they did do one month free for EXAMPLE: Jan- cut one week free, Feb- cut one week free, Mar- cut one week free, Apr- cut one week free..... and there is a month free of service but divided up into the months<**- would that work

Last edited by landonkade; 10-27-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 10-27-2008, 09:57 PM
musician/lawnman musician/lawnman is offline
Chuck
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South West Florida
Posts: 919
Rep Power: 0
musician/lawnman is on a distinguished road
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by landonkade View Post
Also, What are some good specials to offer new clients with a years contract. Like one month free with signed contract, i know different people react to different offers. Just say they did do one month free for EXAMPLE: Jan- cut one week free, Feb- cut one week free, Mar- cut one week free, Apr- cut one week free..... and there is a month free of service but divided up into the months<**- would that work
Make it month #12 man. It's the only way to be sure you get the other 11 paid in full. If you give it to them 1st & they split after 6 months.... your out!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-27-2008, 10:48 PM
landonkade's Avatar
landonkade landonkade is offline
Matt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alabama
Age: 33
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 9
landonkade
Default

yeah i have noticed, when you do a verbal agreement for 12 months shake hands, then you get burned in the winter season, when you are supposed to make more in the winter

We lawn care operates have to make a living also, we have bills, we have a family to feed, mortages and all just like anyone else. I guess they dont care or understand. They still have there job in the winter
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-28-2008, 04:10 AM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 37,823
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Matt, you are really impressing the heck out of me with all this.

Could you use the banner ad I made you in the past? The animated one? With the mower going across? Then you could change it later but at least you would be up and running.

I like the idea of working with that other website as well. If things slow down for you, this could be a good time to do some kind of yard makeover for a needy family in your area and look to getting press attention through that site as well as in your local paper.

If you are going to write an article for that one specific website, why not send the article into the newspaper as well? You could get a lot more exposure from that. In fact, put a section on your website where you have a collection of all your articles. So people can visit your site and learn more.

Quote:
Also, What are some good specials to offer new clients with a years contract. Like one month free with signed contract
With fall being here. What if you did a free gutter cleaning and flush out with an annual contract?
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-29-2008, 08:56 PM
landonkade's Avatar
landonkade landonkade is offline
Matt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alabama
Age: 33
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 9
landonkade
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by landonkade View Post
Steve,


As you might already know that i had a trade with a advertising business a few weeks ago for them to do a magazine ad for me in return for me to do her yard for so long.

Been working on her yard off and on since the ad. I was doing some work at her house today and a neighbor seen me and ask me for a price on her yard. She has a old flower bed out front of her house, she wants me to take out and reconstruct her a new flower bed and do some hedge trimming, add plants, and have some curb appeal and color to enhance the look of her property.

I gave her a price of $1,500 due to recontructing, new flower bed, new plants and trees, hedge trimming, winter annuals, and the lawn cutting to have the finished look.

I will know tomorrow probaly if it is a go ahead or not.

Also....

As much as i advertise on myspace alot in different ways, another business offered a trade with me, they said i will get alot of publicity. They want to put a banner with my business name on there website and have it linked to my website. And for me to write a article in the (ask the expert section) of there website for fall/winter upkeep advise to help people, i will also be in the coupon section. Here is there website, its in my town and hasn't been up long http://www.meetdothan.net. In return for me to do lawn maintance on the property for so long. I could also get noticed again by neighbors as i did before

Also you might know that when people do a search for lawn care for my area, Steve had posted it at one time. That i have 7 to 8 search engines out of 10, just on one keyword. I do have alot more keywords that will bring up sometimes 4 to 5 to 6 search engines at a time.

lawncaremarketingmagic,

I remember you said that you would be glad to recontruct that banner ad for the magazine, but it was already published and is out in circulation as we speak. Would you mind helping me on the acticle, i have to turn it in, in a few days.

Also, What are some good specials to offer new clients with a years contract. Like one month free with signed contract, i know different people react to different offers. Just say they did do one month free for EXAMPLE: Jan- cut one week free, Feb- cut one week free, Mar- cut one week free, Apr- cut one week free..... and there is a month free of service but divided up into the months<**- would that work
bump.......
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-30-2008, 11:30 PM
landonkade's Avatar
landonkade landonkade is offline
Matt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alabama
Age: 33
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 9
landonkade
Default banner ad displayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by landonkade View Post
bump.......
BANNER is up and running at http://www.meetdothan.net

check it out and tell me what you think, you might have to wait a little bit cause it rotates


also been waiting on reply about writing a article
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-31-2008, 09:52 AM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 37,823
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

I got a screen cap of it to show everyone.

Quote:
also been waiting on reply about writing a article
I like the idea of it. What kinds of topics are you looking to write on?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jandm-banner.jpg (152.8 KB, 6 views)
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-05-2008, 10:45 PM
LawncareMarketingMagic LawncareMarketingMagic is offline
Lawn Care Business Consultant
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Age: 40
Posts: 132
Rep Power: 0
LawncareMarketingMagic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Matt,

I responded to your other post, late again, but hopefully not too late.

In terms of the banner ad, it looks great but if you want MORE people to respond you need to give them a reason. Sure, some people will respond because they need something right now, but what about all the people just THINKING about a particular service you might offer? What about the people that have a service provider, but aren't very happy with them and are considering getting someone else?

If you include some type of offer that gets people to at least click on the banner so you can take them to your website to continue or begin the relationship building process. And keep in mind that 'FREE Estimate' or some type of discount aren't very effective anymore because EVERYONE'S doing them.

As far as what to offer for yearly contracts, to be honest, the only way to find out what works is to test different offers. A free month's service is a great thing to test, but you never know how it might compare to something like a free core aeration and overseeding in the fall. Or a free gutter cleaning. Or maybe even a restaurant gift certificate.

Again, you never know what will work best until you test a couple of different options.
__________________
Chestin
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-06-2008, 12:47 AM
landonkade's Avatar
landonkade landonkade is offline
Matt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alabama
Age: 33
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 9
landonkade
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawncareMarketingMagic View Post
Matt,

I responded to your other post, late again, but hopefully not too late.

In terms of the banner ad, it looks great but if you want MORE people to respond you need to give them a reason. Sure, some people will respond because they need something right now, but what about all the people just THINKING about a particular service you might offer? What about the people that have a service provider, but aren't very happy with them and are considering getting someone else?

If you include some type of offer that gets people to at least click on the banner so you can take them to your website to continue or begin the relationship building process. And keep in mind that 'FREE Estimate' or some type of discount aren't very effective anymore because EVERYONE'S doing them.

As far as what to offer for yearly contracts, to be honest, the only way to find out what works is to test different offers. A free month's service is a great thing to test, but you never know how it might compare to something like a free core aeration and overseeding in the fall. Or a free gutter cleaning. Or maybe even a restaurant gift certificate.

Again, you never know what will work best until you test a couple of different options.
my bank called me today asking for L & M Lawn Care. They where supposted to be asking for me J & M Lawn Care. People have been calling me L & M for a while, but off and on


So i am thinking about keeping the J & M Lawn Care name, but starting a nursery and landscape business name and have it started with the letter A and with the landscape at the end, something like this example (Allscape Nursery & Landscaping) so that way i can be listed #1 in the yellow page phone book index, index is listed A-Z

Is there anything related to landscaping, nursery, or lawn service starting with the letter A. i could use Trimscape, but that would put me almost at the end of the index in the phone book, if you know what i am saying

I want to be different and stand out from any other lawn service provider, i know everyone is doing the FREE ESTIMATES thing, like for winter i could advertise winterizer or pinestraw or both, just something different and make them want to call me instead of another lawn service, something like SALE on PINESTRAW, can deliver and install for flower beds call ###-####

I want to strive myself to get into neighborhoods say like there is 80 homes, i want to atleast have 25 or more in there with signed contracts, producing $1,000 a day at most after daily expenses

Last edited by landonkade; 11-06-2008 at 12:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-06-2008, 01:06 AM
landonkade's Avatar
landonkade landonkade is offline
Matt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alabama
Age: 33
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 9
landonkade
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I got a screen cap of it to show everyone.



I like the idea of it. What kinds of topics are you looking to write on?
Lawncaremarketingmagic,

So any ideas on what i could put in the banner ad to get them to react to it, the ad only pauses for 2-3 seconds. I have call for details, but i doubt that would get them to call. Any thing catchy up your sleeve,lol

Also about the article situation, they said i could change the articles weekly, or monthly if i wanted to
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boat for sale or trade Big Lebowski Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs. 0 12-20-2007 12:11 PM
Working for trade Steve General Business Discussions 3 09-04-2007 07:33 PM
Trade Magazine tiedeman Lawn Maintenance / Lawn Renovation 13 11-24-2006 09:57 AM
Trade Secrets tiedeman General Business Discussions 5 11-20-2006 10:20 PM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Best two stroke oil
Greg_TopYardServices
02-08-2016 07:53 PM
Today 02:02 AM
by Steve
11 178
Most requested days for...
Just for Cuts
Yesterday 06:44 AM
Today 02:00 AM
by Steve
1 37
back surgery
Bradcook21
01-28-2016 08:51 PM
02-11-2016 02:04 PM
by Bradcook21
16 439
Help Spread the word...
Sprinkler Buddy
12-02-2015 08:41 AM
02-11-2016 08:19 AM
by Sprinkler Buddy
19 1,343
Howdy Yall !!!
B&C
02-10-2016 10:06 AM
02-11-2016 01:05 AM
by Steve
1 52
hello
2menandmowers
02-10-2016 07:32 AM
02-11-2016 12:53 AM
by Steve
1 52
Hello everyone!!!
1newkirk05
02-09-2016 03:16 PM
02-10-2016 04:05 PM
by jrs.landscaping
7 149
Tine Rake Detaching vs...
wigglesworth
02-09-2016 05:32 PM
02-09-2016 07:43 PM
by Steve
1 68
Finding open bids?!?
C&DPropertyManagement
02-07-2016 01:48 AM
02-09-2016 07:11 PM
by Steve
3 145
hello all
romanlandscape
01-29-2016 03:46 PM
02-07-2016 10:20 AM
by Bradcook21
6 248
Lawn Care Book Ranked #1
Steve
02-06-2016 12:36 AM
02-06-2016 12:36 AM
by Steve
0 124
Hi
Sellers Lawn Care
02-02-2016 01:48 PM
02-05-2016 08:03 AM
by Sellers Lawn Care
4 188
Collecting payments from...
Niagara Mowing
02-03-2016 05:21 PM
02-05-2016 08:00 AM
by Niagara Mowing
7 249
SMS assist? The good,...
jcurr33
01-27-2016 10:24 PM
02-04-2016 11:53 PM
by Steve
5 279
I need some help...
Anise
02-04-2016 01:39 PM
02-04-2016 11:51 PM
by Steve
3 155
Customers dodging the...
Rocky
11-06-2015 06:22 AM
02-04-2016 03:41 AM
by C&DPropertyManagement
7 1,534
Offering a "Trial"...
wybut076
02-01-2016 06:27 PM
02-03-2016 08:26 PM
by Just for Cuts
7 276
Iowa Caucus Predictions?
Steve
02-01-2016 06:31 PM
02-03-2016 12:40 AM
by Steve
1 131
Laying White River Rock
DiamondLawnCare
02-01-2016 08:27 PM
02-03-2016 12:17 AM
by Steve
1 150
Networking for a...
jcurr33
01-30-2016 09:26 PM
02-01-2016 06:27 PM
by Steve
4 224
Customer giving a 1099?
apmAkron
01-27-2016 07:22 PM
01-31-2016 08:55 PM
by Chilehead
6 286
happy to be here
redrobin
01-29-2016 10:45 AM
01-31-2016 08:44 PM
by Steve
1 164
Thought's on an "E-Z...
jcurr33
01-27-2016 10:48 PM
01-31-2016 08:38 PM
by Steve
4 258
Changes
Knaubone
01-30-2016 10:56 PM
01-31-2016 08:31 PM
by Steve
1 152
Thoughts on this Exmark...
googus
01-28-2016 04:24 PM
01-28-2016 08:09 PM
by Chilehead
1 174
1st year in
jcurr33
10-18-2015 05:07 PM
01-28-2016 07:49 PM
by Chilehead
6 4,170
Need opinion on zero...
Mr. Mow
01-24-2016 05:42 PM
01-28-2016 07:41 PM
by Chilehead
10 389
Opinion on liquid vs...
Bradcook21
01-25-2016 02:03 PM
01-28-2016 07:38 PM
by Chilehead
9 333
Finding property size
Gageslawncare
01-25-2016 11:08 AM
01-28-2016 12:05 PM
by Gageslawncare
10 344
Tiger TG 2661 Commercial...
lawnman1959
01-25-2016 08:12 PM
01-27-2016 07:57 PM
by Just for Cuts
5 272
Spouse as a dependent?
Steve
01-26-2016 01:51 AM
01-27-2016 10:44 AM
by Chilehead
3 225
Hello All
C&DPropertyManagement
01-23-2016 12:21 PM
01-26-2016 01:24 AM
by Steve
1 197
Credit Cards - What's in...
Shark1611
06-16-2015 04:04 PM
01-23-2016 03:43 PM
by C&DPropertyManagement
17 7,720
Start My Own Business?
mowandblow1980
01-12-2016 08:43 PM
01-19-2016 07:00 PM
by Steve
12 679
State of the nation 2016.
Steve
01-12-2016 12:05 AM
01-19-2016 06:57 PM
by Steve
6 411
little help? first big...
Brian3137
12-31-2015 12:39 PM
01-19-2016 06:54 PM
by Steve
23 1,131
Hi everybody...
Greg_TopYardServices
01-14-2016 08:10 AM
01-19-2016 02:47 PM
by SC93
12 484
What's your next...
Steve
05-15-2015 12:54 PM
01-17-2016 08:48 PM
by Homeland unlimited
25 7,959
Plow controller problems
scaypa
01-12-2016 05:49 PM
01-16-2016 10:46 AM
by scaypa
4 322
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 12:18 PM
01-15-2016 07:23 PM
by tannerduncan
1,244 428,273
Pricing issue
Mr. Mow
07-07-2015 07:15 AM
01-15-2016 11:20 AM
by djlandscaping06
23 5,461
New College Course
Dr. D
01-14-2016 01:45 PM
01-14-2016 05:35 PM
by Steve
1 234
Yelp
Shark1611
01-13-2016 10:00 AM
01-14-2016 05:32 PM
by Steve
4 289
New to the forum from...
Doug Green
01-12-2016 12:23 PM
01-14-2016 08:34 AM
by Doug Green
2 277
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy