Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Business > Franchise Building, Entrepreneurs, Business Leaders, & Innovators Discussions

Franchise Building, Entrepreneurs, Business Leaders, & Innovators Discussions Are you interested in starting your own lawn care franchise or are you interested in buying into one? Let's talk about different franchise opportunities and how to build your own franchise. Also we discuss different entrepreneurs who inspire us!

Lawn Doctor Seeks Franchisees in Cleveland


Franchise Building, Entrepreneurs, Business Leaders, & Innovators Discussions

Are you interested in starting your own lawn care franchise or are you interested in buying into one? Let's talk about different franchise opportunities and how to build your own franchise. Also we discuss different entrepreneurs who inspire us!
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 11-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 36,679
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

I thought I would pass this along to our readers in case you are looking for a franchise to buy into.

Lawn Doctor Seeks Franchisees in Cleveland

Lawn Doctor, a lawn care business and top-ranked franchisor in its category by Entrepreneur magazine, seeks new franchisees who want to grow solid, long-term businesses in the Cleveland area. The company first came to the market in 1982 and plans to capitalize on the upward trend in professional lawn care service needs.

“We have strong roots in Cleveland and know the area is ripe for continued growth based on our knowledge of the area over the past 25 years,” said Lawn Doctor Vice President of Marketing and Franchise Development, Scott Frith. “Our franchisees’ success has been a key component in building the top brand in the lawn care industry. We have seen a continued rise in professional lawn care service needs, versus a decrease in DIY lawn care, and are ready to expand in Cleveland.”

For more than 40 years, Holmdel, N.J.-based Lawn Doctor has built a solid reputation for superior lawn maintenance and has earned an excellent record as a profitable franchise for investors. Last year, the company received the distinction of “World Class Franchise” by FranSurvey – the highest honor awarded from the franchise community – which surveyed nearly 200 highly satisfied current franchisees who ranked Lawn Doctor in the 98th percentile for long-term growth opportunity.

Candidates for Lawn Doctor franchisees need no previous lawn care experience. The company provides all training and ongoing support, including assistance with marketing, sales, agronomy and horticulture, equipment operation and maintenance, as well as Lawn Doctor’s proprietary CORE business management software.

“Once franchisees become a part of our system, they receive comprehensive training in every aspect of operating a successful Lawn Doctor franchise,” said Frith. “With expert insight and our all-inclusive New Dealer Training Program, we prepare our people for success.”

For more information about Lawn Doctor’s franchise opportunities, visit online at www.LawnDoctorFranchise.com or contact a Lawn Doctor franchise development representative toll free at 866/529-6362.
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 11-05-2007, 06:42 PM
landonkade's Avatar
landonkade landonkade is offline
Matt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 8
landonkade
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Nov. 05 2007,12:50)]I thought I would pass this along to our readers in case you are looking for a franchise to buy into.

Lawn Doctor Seeks Franchisees in Cleveland

Lawn Doctor, a lawn care business and top-ranked franchisor in its category by Entrepreneur magazine, seeks new franchisees who want to grow solid, long-term businesses in the Cleveland area. The company first came to the market in 1982 and plans to capitalize on the upward trend in professional lawn care service needs.

“We have strong roots in Cleveland and know the area is ripe for continued growth based on our knowledge of the area over the past 25 years,” said Lawn Doctor Vice President of Marketing and Franchise Development, Scott Frith. “Our franchisees’ success has been a key component in building the top brand in the lawn care industry. We have seen a continued rise in professional lawn care service needs, versus a decrease in DIY lawn care, and are ready to expand in Cleveland.”

For more than 40 years, Holmdel, N.J.-based Lawn Doctor has built a solid reputation for superior lawn maintenance and has earned an excellent record as a profitable franchise for investors. *Last year, the company received the distinction of “World Class Franchise” by FranSurvey – the highest honor awarded from the franchise community – which surveyed nearly 200 highly satisfied current franchisees who ranked Lawn Doctor in the 98th percentile for long-term growth opportunity.

Candidates for Lawn Doctor franchisees need no previous lawn care experience. The company provides all training and ongoing support, including assistance with marketing, sales, agronomy and horticulture, equipment operation and maintenance, as well as Lawn Doctor’s proprietary CORE business management software.

“Once franchisees become a part of our system, they receive comprehensive training in every aspect of operating a successful Lawn Doctor franchise,” said Frith. “With expert insight and our all-inclusive New Dealer Training Program, we prepare our people for success.”

For more information about Lawn Doctor’s franchise opportunities, visit online at www.LawnDoctorFranchise.com or contact a Lawn Doctor franchise development representative toll free at 866/529-6362.
so actually how long do u have to be in business in order to create a franchise of your own. I very serious doubt u can start franchising when u havent been in the lawn care industry long. I would think u would have to have a lot of capital in order to start.

So whatever happend to the tiger time, havent heard from him in a while

I am pretty sure u have heard of movie gallery Inc. They started here in my town (dothan) Joe Malugen founder. A friend of mine that me and jessie knows subs though me for irrigation and landscaping(willie) has been a landscaper for more than 20 years, that services his mothers home. My wife knows where the house is at, so i could probaly take a picture of it

here is a article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_Video



Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-06-2007, 06:22 AM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 36,679
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]so actually how long do u have to be in business in order to create a franchise of your own. I very serious doubt u can start franchising when u havent been in the lawn care industry long. I would think u would have to have a lot of capital in order to start.
You could theoretically start one up on your first day. The whole premise behind it is that you have developed an infrastructure that works. Once you have something that works and makes money you can license the concept to others. Then it makes it easier, potentially, for new entrepreneurs to take advantage of the franchise system and get up and running faster and make more money than if you had to learn it all on your own. You ultimately do pay for this with an upfront franchise fee to buy into it plus a % on your sales.


Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]So whatever happend to the tiger time, havent heard from him in a while
I know Lee got swamped with work. I am hoping to see him show up on here when things slow down. He has taken the award in my book for fastest and most successful startup lawn care business, that I have seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I am pretty sure u have heard of movie gallery Inc. They started here in my town (dothan) Joe Malugen founder. A friend of mine that me and jessie knows subs though me for irrigation and landscaping(willie) has been a landscaper for more than 20 years, that services his mothers home. My wife knows where the house is at, so i could probaly take a picture of it
Yea that would be great get some pictures! Does he still live in your area? Do you ever see him? Could you ask him for some business advice? That would be amazing!
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-06-2007, 01:00 PM
landonkade's Avatar
landonkade landonkade is offline
Matt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 8
landonkade
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Nov. 06 2007,6:22)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]so actually how long do u have to be in business in order to create a franchise of your own. I very serious doubt u can start franchising when u havent been in the lawn care industry long. I would think u would have to have a lot of capital in order to start.
You could theoretically start one up on your first day. The whole premise behind it is that you have developed an infrastructure that works. Once you have something that works and makes money you can license the concept to others. Then it makes it easier, potentially, for new entrepreneurs to take advantage of the franchise system and get up and running faster and make more money than if you had to learn it all on your own. You ultimately do pay for this with an upfront franchise fee to buy into it plus a % on your sales.


Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]So whatever happend to the tiger time, havent heard from him in a while
I know Lee got swamped with work. I am hoping to see him show up on here when things slow down. He has taken the award in my book for fastest and most successful startup lawn care business, that I have seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I am pretty sure u have heard of movie gallery Inc. They started here in my town (dothan) Joe Malugen founder. A friend of mine that me and jessie knows subs though me for irrigation and landscaping(willie) has been a landscaper for more than 20 years, that services his mothers home. My wife knows where the house is at, so i could probaly take a picture of it
Yea that would be great get some pictures! Does he still live in your area? Do you ever see him? Could you ask him for some business advice? That would be amazing!
what would i have to do in order start franchising, find a building that leases or something or would the franchise buyer have to do all that. Cause i used to work with orkin pest control, and that is how he told me he did it, was buy into the business and then had to lease a building.

I think he said he bought into the franchise for $30,000. could have been more, and he mentioned that he has made well over that.But has to turn in a % in each month as well to the corporation

that wouldnt be a bad idea to do, but i just would have to know everything about starting one. Dont know if i am thinking the right way or not though. Who ever buys into would have to buy there own trucks right but put my business name on it, correct? and i get a percentage of what they earn a month like 3% or something



Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 36,679
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Well if you were to franchise a lawn care business, it would most likely be up to the franchisee where they stored their equipment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Who ever buys into would have to buy there own trucks right but put my business name on it, correct?
Most likely they would buy the truck and be required to have it painted a certain color and show certain signs on it.

One of the benefits to franchising is that it allows you to expand out to other areas without having to pay for it yourself. You are taking advantage of the franchisee's capital to expand.
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-06-2007, 01:11 PM
landonkade's Avatar
landonkade landonkade is offline
Matt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 8
landonkade
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Nov. 06 2007,1:05)]Well if you were to franchise a lawn care business, it would most likely be up to the franchisee where they stored their equipment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Who ever buys into would have to buy there own trucks right but put my business name on it, correct?
Most likely they would buy the truck and be required to have it painted a certain color and show certain signs on it.

One of the benefits to franchising is that it allows you to expand out to other areas without having to pay for it yourself. You are taking advantage of the franchisee's capital to expand.
so like right now, if i wanted to i could put a ad in the paper. Saying J & M Lawn Care is expanding, franchises avaiable and then a price say $40,000 to buy in<** just a figure. Is there any further information i can read about a lawn care business frachising out and what is consits of

Do they com up with there own yards or do i have to have yards for them to start off with and they grow from there



Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 36,679
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]so like right now, if i wanted to i could put a ad in the paper. Saying J & M Lawn Care is expanding, franchises avaiable and then a price say $40,000 to buy in<** just a figure. Is there any further information i can read about a lawn care business frachising out and what is consits of
Well theoretically, basically yea.

There are regulatory issues you have to deal with but that could all be worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Do they com up with there own yards or do i have to have yards for them to start off with and they grow from there
Most of the time, the area is developed by the franchisee with marketing help from the franchisor.

But see the tricky part is this. Ask yourself why would you pay $40,000 to buy into a franchise? Then pay 5% + of your gross income?

What would make you want to do that?
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-06-2007, 01:50 PM
landonkade's Avatar
landonkade landonkade is offline
Matt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 8
landonkade
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Nov. 06 2007,1:30)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]so like right now, if i wanted to i could put a ad in the paper. Saying J & M Lawn Care is expanding, franchises avaiable and then a price say $40,000 to buy in<** just a figure. Is there any further information i can read about a lawn care business frachising out and what is consits of
Well theoretically, basically yea.

There are regulatory issues you have to deal with but that could all be worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Do they com up with there own yards or do i have to have yards for them to start off with and they grow from there
Most of the time, the area is developed by the franchisee with marketing help from the franchisor.

But see the tricky part is this. Ask yourself why would you pay $40,000 to buy into a franchise? Then pay 5% + of your gross income?

What would make you want to do that?
what i am saying is I want to franchise out, to expand. Letting people buy into me. This is how my boss i used to work with did he bought into a franchise with orkin for $30,000 or so from the corpoarte office, and then has to pay corpoarte a % of each job he does. Like a $900 termite job he does he has to mail in probaly $150 of the $900.

i dont know i guess i might be thinking wrong

just let me know what i need to know,lol
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 36,679
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

I understand what you are saying but if you were to think of it from the person interested in buying into your franchise, you have to think, what are you offering them that would be worth $40,000?

What would your selling point be?

How would you convince someone to buy into your franchise?
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Hello from Md
homey
Yesterday 06:55 PM
Yesterday 06:55 PM
by homey
0 35
Repair or replace the...
lxarth
Yesterday 05:07 PM
Yesterday 06:08 PM
by Sprinkler Buddy
1 55
what do you "love" to...
calebmoss
07-06-2011 10:05 PM
Yesterday 05:09 PM
by Chilehead
28 8,838
Employee job training...
brookline
12-15-2014 08:15 PM
Yesterday 04:59 PM
by Chilehead
3 146
What Fertilizer to Use?
acrajchel
04-07-2014 02:56 PM
Yesterday 01:11 PM
by Steve
23 2,874
I'm BACK!
SuperiorPower
12-16-2014 11:08 PM
Yesterday 01:09 PM
by Steve
1 77
Grass hopper mower
ExtremeLawncareServices
12-05-2013 09:51 AM
Yesterday 09:40 AM
by SuperiorPower
34 6,015
Peco Bagger
AGPS
11-18-2014 02:20 PM
Yesterday 09:13 AM
by SuperiorPower
15 1,220
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
03-22-2014 10:12 AM
12-15-2014 10:30 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
188 16,380
New to Gopher Haul-from...
323k13l
12-12-2014 10:34 PM
12-15-2014 02:58 PM
by Steve
3 220
hi
creteland
12-12-2014 09:06 AM
12-15-2014 01:45 PM
by Steve
5 222
New addition to my small...
googus
12-12-2014 07:36 PM
12-15-2014 07:47 AM
by googus
4 288
Ferris IS700Z
rmccutchan
12-14-2014 01:10 AM
12-14-2014 11:41 PM
by rmccutchan
4 199
Charge what the market...
Billy Goat
12-09-2014 12:39 PM
12-14-2014 06:39 PM
by biglee
20 717
Hi from IL
steveinil
11-25-2014 02:07 PM
12-12-2014 07:18 AM
by steveinil
4 736
Utility Company Right of...
eastsidelandcare
12-11-2014 04:54 PM
12-11-2014 04:54 PM
by eastsidelandcare
0 212
leaf removal
Double J LLC
10-03-2014 05:24 PM
12-11-2014 04:50 PM
by eastsidelandcare
33 3,945
suggestions on full lawn...
Brian3137
12-10-2014 07:18 PM
12-11-2014 03:41 PM
by Steve
6 316
new to me box truck
jrayb39667
03-06-2014 11:20 PM
12-11-2014 09:43 AM
by Sprinkler Buddy
18 3,270
Hello from SW FL!!
5StarLawnscaping
12-05-2014 02:35 PM
12-10-2014 02:45 PM
by WesleySnips
7 551
Echo pb200 blower fuel...
googus
12-06-2014 09:03 PM
12-09-2014 06:35 PM
by Steve
3 396
Facebook
element009
03-23-2011 09:36 AM
12-09-2014 06:24 PM
by Steve
36 9,703
Are you prepared for the...
Steve
12-02-2014 04:13 PM
12-09-2014 06:22 PM
by Steve
7 813
Email Address Name
Just Cuts
12-07-2014 09:49 PM
12-08-2014 03:15 PM
by Steve
3 363
Inspection form
stevef1201
12-07-2014 10:38 AM
12-08-2014 03:10 PM
by Steve
1 360
Truck, Trailer,...
hawthornelawncare
12-23-2011 01:01 AM
12-08-2014 12:37 PM
by jrs.landscaping
108 34,046
Back Pack Blower
Ian Lovejoy
11-09-2014 08:41 AM
12-07-2014 06:35 PM
by stevef1201
24 1,617
Innovation by mandate
bayoubandit
11-29-2014 01:33 PM
12-06-2014 03:27 PM
by SGL1
12 881
Trying something new,...
ExtremeLawncareServices
09-21-2014 10:07 PM
12-05-2014 11:06 AM
by Steve
9 2,188
Good help is hard to find
Hanks Lawn Care Services
11-19-2014 03:27 PM
12-04-2014 01:32 PM
by stevef1201
15 1,359
How many hours is too...
Just Cuts
12-04-2014 09:00 AM
12-04-2014 01:02 PM
by Just for Cuts
6 527
Does this sound like a...
googus
12-03-2014 07:47 AM
12-04-2014 12:37 PM
by Steve
5 600
New website
Chilehead
11-20-2014 04:39 PM
12-04-2014 12:27 PM
by Steve
14 1,138
New website
SGL1
12-02-2014 10:55 PM
12-03-2014 11:17 PM
by BLC7
19 772
Websites, how long...
Dan Tanner
03-09-2014 08:29 AM
12-03-2014 11:12 PM
by SGL1
21 3,137
I Want to buy old...
ExtremeLawncareServices
10-10-2014 11:04 PM
12-03-2014 10:36 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
8 1,789
GPS trackers for...
Billy Goat
12-02-2014 06:09 PM
12-03-2014 07:17 PM
by Steve
8 625
My site is on fronts page
tbtigers03
11-14-2014 05:58 PM
12-03-2014 06:31 PM
by SGL1
17 1,353
Hiring Subs over Temps
Billy Goat
12-02-2014 06:26 AM
12-03-2014 01:24 PM
by Steve
3 561
Thanksgiving cards
Steve
11-10-2008 11:57 AM
12-02-2014 11:11 PM
by SGL1
11 9,426
New parking area
ExtremeLawncareServices
11-07-2014 09:47 PM
12-02-2014 02:17 PM
by jrs.landscaping
12 1,403
Pressure Washing...
WesleySnips
07-31-2014 07:13 PM
12-02-2014 08:47 AM
by SGL1
6 1,424
old contracts
bayoubandit
11-29-2014 11:10 AM
12-01-2014 11:20 AM
by Steve
3 646
Hi to you NOTHERNERS
stevef1201
11-11-2014 05:56 PM
12-01-2014 10:54 AM
by Steve
9 1,190
Lawn care truck
Steve
10-10-2009 03:40 AM
12-01-2014 10:45 AM
by Steve
32 15,090
Intuit Quickbooks...
CDLAWNCARE
11-30-2014 10:19 AM
11-30-2014 10:19 AM
by CDLAWNCARE
0 542
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 12:18 PM
11-28-2014 01:36 PM
by Just Cuts
1,196 355,300
Hello from Kentucky
TRV
09-30-2014 06:42 PM
11-28-2014 10:49 AM
by Steve
13 2,228
Happy Thanksgiving!
Steve
11-27-2014 09:48 AM
11-27-2014 09:48 AM
by Steve
0 596
Contract or no contract?
TRV
11-20-2014 09:18 PM
11-26-2014 09:23 PM
by stevef1201
5 947
» Popular Tags
2wd 4x4 aerocore apartment complex auger bark billy goat brushcutter blades bush care charge christmas collections edging employee problems equipment rental estimate foreman four wheel drive georgia gopherhaul grass gravely growing a lawn care business hills holiday husqvarna jobs john deere quik trac labor cost landscape services lawn lawn care lawn care business podcast lawn care business seo lawn care business show lawn care business website lawn care business website seo lawn care website lighting lighting brass outdoor lights marketing mowing mr dave mulch mulch estimate new buisness new business new mower ordinance past due per hour service podcast profit on employee pto push versus ride running a business savannah search engine optimization seo shreaded small engine repair sprayer starting a business steep lawns theft toro grand stand trailer trimmer rack wood
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy