Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Business > Franchise Building, Entrepreneurs, Business Leaders, & Innovators Discussions

Franchise Building, Entrepreneurs, Business Leaders, & Innovators Discussions Are you interested in starting your own lawn care franchise or are you interested in buying into one? Let's talk about different franchise opportunities and how to build your own franchise. Also we discuss different entrepreneurs who inspire us!

Lawn Doctor Seeks Franchisees in Cleveland

Franchise Building, Entrepreneurs, Business Leaders, & Innovators Discussions

Are you interested in starting your own lawn care franchise or are you interested in buying into one? Let's talk about different franchise opportunities and how to build your own franchise. Also we discuss different entrepreneurs who inspire us!

Old 11-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Steve has disabled reputation

I thought I would pass this along to our readers in case you are looking for a franchise to buy into.

Lawn Doctor, a lawn care business and top-ranked franchisor in its category by Entrepreneur magazine, seeks new franchisees who want to grow solid, long-term businesses in the Cleveland area. The company first came to the market in 1982 and plans to capitalize on the upward trend in professional lawn care service needs.

“We have strong roots in Cleveland and know the area is ripe for continued growth based on our knowledge of the area over the past 25 years,” said Lawn Doctor Vice President of Marketing and Franchise Development, Scott Frith. “Our franchisees’ success has been a key component in building the top brand in the lawn care industry. We have seen a continued rise in professional lawn care service needs, versus a decrease in DIY lawn care, and are ready to expand in Cleveland.”

For more than 40 years, Holmdel, N.J.-based Lawn Doctor has built a solid reputation for superior lawn maintenance and has earned an excellent record as a profitable franchise for investors. Last year, the company received the distinction of “World Class Franchise” by FranSurvey – the highest honor awarded from the franchise community – which surveyed nearly 200 highly satisfied current franchisees who ranked Lawn Doctor in the 98th percentile for long-term growth opportunity.

Candidates for Lawn Doctor franchisees need no previous lawn care experience. The company provides all training and ongoing support, including assistance with marketing, sales, agronomy and horticulture, equipment operation and maintenance, as well as Lawn Doctor’s proprietary CORE business management software.

“Once franchisees become a part of our system, they receive comprehensive training in every aspect of operating a successful Lawn Doctor franchise,” said Frith. “With expert insight and our all-inclusive New Dealer Training Program, we prepare our people for success.”

For more information about Lawn Doctor’s franchise opportunities, visit online at www.LawnDoctorFranchise.com or contact a Lawn Doctor franchise development representative toll free at 866/529-6362.

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator

Old 11-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Matt

landonkade

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Nov. 05 2007,12:50)]I thought I would pass this along to our readers in case you are looking for a franchise to buy into.

Lawn Doctor, a lawn care business and top-ranked franchisor in its category by Entrepreneur magazine, seeks new franchisees who want to grow solid, long-term businesses in the Cleveland area. The company first came to the market in 1982 and plans to capitalize on the upward trend in professional lawn care service needs.

“We have strong roots in Cleveland and know the area is ripe for continued growth based on our knowledge of the area over the past 25 years,” said Lawn Doctor Vice President of Marketing and Franchise Development, Scott Frith. “Our franchisees’ success has been a key component in building the top brand in the lawn care industry. We have seen a continued rise in professional lawn care service needs, versus a decrease in DIY lawn care, and are ready to expand in Cleveland.”

For more than 40 years, Holmdel, N.J.-based Lawn Doctor has built a solid reputation for superior lawn maintenance and has earned an excellent record as a profitable franchise for investors. *Last year, the company received the distinction of “World Class Franchise” by FranSurvey – the highest honor awarded from the franchise community – which surveyed nearly 200 highly satisfied current franchisees who ranked Lawn Doctor in the 98th percentile for long-term growth opportunity.

Candidates for Lawn Doctor franchisees need no previous lawn care experience. The company provides all training and ongoing support, including assistance with marketing, sales, agronomy and horticulture, equipment operation and maintenance, as well as Lawn Doctor’s proprietary CORE business management software.

“Once franchisees become a part of our system, they receive comprehensive training in every aspect of operating a successful Lawn Doctor franchise,” said Frith. “With expert insight and our all-inclusive New Dealer Training Program, we prepare our people for success.”

For more information about Lawn Doctor’s franchise opportunities, visit online at www.LawnDoctorFranchise.com or contact a Lawn Doctor franchise development representative toll free at 866/529-6362.
so actually how long do u have to be in business in order to create a franchise of your own. I very serious doubt u can start franchising when u havent been in the lawn care industry long. I would think u would have to have a lot of capital in order to start.

So whatever happend to the tiger time, havent heard from him in a while

I am pretty sure u have heard of movie gallery Inc. They started here in my town (dothan) Joe Malugen founder. A friend of mine that me and jessie knows subs though me for irrigation and landscaping(willie) has been a landscaper for more than 20 years, that services his mothers home. My wife knows where the house is at, so i could probaly take a picture of it

here is a article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_Video

Old 11-06-2007, 05:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]so actually how long do u have to be in business in order to create a franchise of your own. I very serious doubt u can start franchising when u havent been in the lawn care industry long. I would think u would have to have a lot of capital in order to start.
You could theoretically start one up on your first day. The whole premise behind it is that you have developed an infrastructure that works. Once you have something that works and makes money you can license the concept to others. Then it makes it easier, potentially, for new entrepreneurs to take advantage of the franchise system and get up and running faster and make more money than if you had to learn it all on your own. You ultimately do pay for this with an upfront franchise fee to buy into it plus a % on your sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]So whatever happend to the tiger time, havent heard from him in a while
I know Lee got swamped with work. I am hoping to see him show up on here when things slow down. He has taken the award in my book for fastest and most successful startup lawn care business, that I have seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I am pretty sure u have heard of movie gallery Inc. They started here in my town (dothan) Joe Malugen founder. A friend of mine that me and jessie knows subs though me for irrigation and landscaping(willie) has been a landscaper for more than 20 years, that services his mothers home. My wife knows where the house is at, so i could probaly take a picture of it
Yea that would be great get some pictures! Does he still live in your area? Do you ever see him? Could you ask him for some business advice? That would be amazing!
Old 11-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Matt

landonkade

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Nov. 06 2007,6:22)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]so actually how long do u have to be in business in order to create a franchise of your own. I very serious doubt u can start franchising when u havent been in the lawn care industry long. I would think u would have to have a lot of capital in order to start.
You could theoretically start one up on your first day. The whole premise behind it is that you have developed an infrastructure that works. Once you have something that works and makes money you can license the concept to others. Then it makes it easier, potentially, for new entrepreneurs to take advantage of the franchise system and get up and running faster and make more money than if you had to learn it all on your own. You ultimately do pay for this with an upfront franchise fee to buy into it plus a % on your sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]So whatever happend to the tiger time, havent heard from him in a while
I know Lee got swamped with work. I am hoping to see him show up on here when things slow down. He has taken the award in my book for fastest and most successful startup lawn care business, that I have seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I am pretty sure u have heard of movie gallery Inc. They started here in my town (dothan) Joe Malugen founder. A friend of mine that me and jessie knows subs though me for irrigation and landscaping(willie) has been a landscaper for more than 20 years, that services his mothers home. My wife knows where the house is at, so i could probaly take a picture of it
Yea that would be great get some pictures! Does he still live in your area? Do you ever see him? Could you ask him for some business advice? That would be amazing!
what would i have to do in order start franchising, find a building that leases or something or would the franchise buyer have to do all that. Cause i used to work with orkin pest control, and that is how he told me he did it, was buy into the business and then had to lease a building.

I think he said he bought into the franchise for $30,000. could have been more, and he mentioned that he has made well over that.But has to turn in a % in each month as well to the corporation

that wouldnt be a bad idea to do, but i just would have to know everything about starting one. Dont know if i am thinking the right way or not though. Who ever buys into would have to buy there own trucks right but put my business name on it, correct? and i get a percentage of what they earn a month like 3% or something

Old 11-06-2007, 12:05 PM
Administrator

Well if you were to franchise a lawn care business, it would most likely be up to the franchisee where they stored their equipment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Who ever buys into would have to buy there own trucks right but put my business name on it, correct?
Most likely they would buy the truck and be required to have it painted a certain color and show certain signs on it.

One of the benefits to franchising is that it allows you to expand out to other areas without having to pay for it yourself. You are taking advantage of the franchisee's capital to expand.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:11 PM
Matt

landonkade

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Nov. 06 2007,1:05)]Well if you were to franchise a lawn care business, it would most likely be up to the franchisee where they stored their equipment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Who ever buys into would have to buy there own trucks right but put my business name on it, correct?
Most likely they would buy the truck and be required to have it painted a certain color and show certain signs on it.

One of the benefits to franchising is that it allows you to expand out to other areas without having to pay for it yourself. You are taking advantage of the franchisee's capital to expand.
so like right now, if i wanted to i could put a ad in the paper. Saying J & M Lawn Care is expanding, franchises avaiable and then a price say $40,000 to buy in<** just a figure. Is there any further information i can read about a lawn care business frachising out and what is consits of

Do they com up with there own yards or do i have to have yards for them to start off with and they grow from there

Old 11-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]so like right now, if i wanted to i could put a ad in the paper. Saying J & M Lawn Care is expanding, franchises avaiable and then a price say $40,000 to buy in<** just a figure. Is there any further information i can read about a lawn care business frachising out and what is consits of
Well theoretically, basically yea.

There are regulatory issues you have to deal with but that could all be worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Do they com up with there own yards or do i have to have yards for them to start off with and they grow from there
Most of the time, the area is developed by the franchisee with marketing help from the franchisor.

But see the tricky part is this. Ask yourself why would you pay $40,000 to buy into a franchise? Then pay 5% + of your gross income?

What would make you want to do that?
Old 11-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Matt

landonkade

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Nov. 06 2007,1:30)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]so like right now, if i wanted to i could put a ad in the paper. Saying J & M Lawn Care is expanding, franchises avaiable and then a price say $40,000 to buy in<** just a figure. Is there any further information i can read about a lawn care business frachising out and what is consits of
Well theoretically, basically yea.

There are regulatory issues you have to deal with but that could all be worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Do they com up with there own yards or do i have to have yards for them to start off with and they grow from there
Most of the time, the area is developed by the franchisee with marketing help from the franchisor.

But see the tricky part is this. Ask yourself why would you pay $40,000 to buy into a franchise? Then pay 5% + of your gross income?

What would make you want to do that?
what i am saying is I want to franchise out, to expand. Letting people buy into me. This is how my boss i used to work with did he bought into a franchise with orkin for $30,000 or so from the corpoarte office, and then has to pay corpoarte a % of each job he does. Like a $900 termite job he does he has to mail in probaly $150 of the $900.

i dont know i guess i might be thinking wrong

just let me know what i need to know,lol
Old 11-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Administrator

I understand what you are saying but if you were to think of it from the person interested in buying into your franchise, you have to think, what are you offering them that would be worth $40,000?

What would your selling point be?

How would you convince someone to buy into your franchise?