Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Graphic And Web Design Support Forums > Search Engine Optimization and Website Design Discussions.

Search Engine Optimization and Website Design Discussions. Need a lawn care business website built? Talk about search engine optimization. Or ask your lawn care and landscaping business web building related questions here. Show us your landscaping business web site for review.

thinking of domain names for website


Search Engine Optimization and Website Design Discussions.

Need a lawn care business website built? Talk about search engine optimization. Or ask your lawn care and landscaping business web building related questions here. Show us your landscaping business web site for review.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 10-24-2007, 09:29 PM
landonkade's Avatar
landonkade landonkade is offline
Matt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alabama
Age: 34
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 10
landonkade
Default

i am trying to to think of a domain name, cause i might get a website going soon.

My Question is that my business name is J & M Lawn care. I would like to use J&Mlawncare.com, but its took and so is JMlawncare.com,there is JnMlawncare.com available, but i figured that would be to much related to the jmlawncare.com

So a friend of mine was asking me, so what city do u live in, and i said dothan. He said ok check and see if dothanlawncare.com is available. I said yes it is, so he said u want it local right and i was like yep sure do.

He also said since its local people that would look it up in the search engine as (lawn care in dothan) or (dothan lawn care )looking for services. He mentioned, that is the 3 most common keywords that they would type in for your area,and u would be close to the top, also depending on the relavant keywords that describe your website. So using J & M Lawncare as a business name and dothanlawncare.com as a website wouldnt look weird or confuse people?

He said that he could build me a website at no charge. i just have to figure the domain

so any advise? i might have left out some things he said



Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 10-24-2007, 09:33 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 38,037
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
My take is go for it! People will search out a city name way before they search out a specific lawn care provider.

This will bring you a lot more business.
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-24-2007, 09:35 PM
landonkade's Avatar
landonkade landonkade is offline
Matt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alabama
Age: 34
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 10
landonkade
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 24 2007,10:33)]My take is go for it! People will search out a city name way before they search out a specific lawn care provider.

This will bring you a lot more business.
so if they type in dothan lawn care or lawn care in dothan there would be a 90% chance my website would show up in the search engine



Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-24-2007, 09:38 PM
FourSeasons FourSeasons is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 34
Posts: 558
Rep Power: 9
FourSeasons
Default

I would do like rodman said and have a few domains that can be redirected to your website.
Use the county and nearby cities in your domain names and redirect them to your main site. I think thats what he said to do. That way your at the top of the list when a search is done for lawn care in your area.
__________________
Rob
Green Image Lawn & Landscape

\"If you don't feel the same way about Friday nights as you do Sunday nights, then you are not doing the right thing.\"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-24-2007, 09:38 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 38,037
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Its good usage of key words. Especially if you use them in your page title.

The better you use key words, the better rankings you get in search engines.

You should do a test now and see who comes up now.

Then make your page and see how you effect those results.
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-24-2007, 09:42 PM
landonkade's Avatar
landonkade landonkade is offline
Matt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alabama
Age: 34
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 10
landonkade
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 24 2007,10:38)]Its good usage of key words. Especially if you use them in your page title.

The better you use key words, the better rankings you get in search engines.

You should do a test now and see who comes up now.

Then make your page and see how you effect those results.
yeah i used to have a website on another business that i used to do and the highest i had keyword relavancy was at 94% title was at 100%, and i forgot what the other one was. The business was a worldwide compition, so it was hard to compite



Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-24-2007, 10:04 PM
landonkade's Avatar
landonkade landonkade is offline
Matt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alabama
Age: 34
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 10
landonkade
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Oct. 24 2007,10:42)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 24 2007,10:38)]Its good usage of key words. Especially if you use them in your page title.

The better you use key words, the better rankings you get in search engines.

You should do a test now and see who comes up now.

Then make your page and see how you effect those results.
yeah i used to have a website on another business that i used to do and the highest i had keyword relavancy was at 94% title was at 100%, and i forgot what the other one was. The business was a worldwide compition, so it was hard to compite
any one else with suggestions? about opend topic * *



Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-24-2007, 11:06 PM
pnplawn
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Oct. 24 2007,11:04)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Oct. 24 2007,10:42)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 24 2007,10:38)]Its good usage of key words. Especially if you use them in your page title.

The better you use key words, the better rankings you get in search engines.

You should do a test now and see who comes up now.

Then make your page and see how you effect those results.
yeah i used to have a website on another business that i used to do and the highest i had keyword relavancy was at 94% title was at 100%, and i forgot what the other one was. The business was a worldwide compition, so it was hard to compite
any one else with suggestions? about opend topic
First off let me Apologize for not responding sooner. I do not know why I did not see this thread. Name you want a domain for your LCO, First off let tell you this much. I am not be a master in " Naming Domains " BUT I know I am way ahead the guy in second place. Your town is dothan Then dothanlawncare.com Is GREAT name for your website. Now godaddy names are cheap enough, I would reverse that name also. Also I would buy the .net .com and .info on both of those names. That keeps the next guy from jumping in there getting your google spot. Trust me when I say this, Its VERY important when you build this website, Under the section "Title" I would just put dothan lawncare also the county you live in and state name. Want to test my theory, Go to google and do a search for lawn care avon park, see what you see, do one for lawn care highlands county , do one for lawn care sebring fl , then reverse those names. You will see all of your searches will come back to the same thing.

Guess I winded you writing so much sorry!


Rodman


P.S I also forgot to tell you, I own Avonparklawncare.com highlandscountylawncare.com sebringlawncare.com They all point to pnplawncare.com If i remember I think I reverse all of those as well. And the way I renew my domains I do couple a month rather there due or not, That way when they get ready to expire, There already renewed I dont have to pay alot out at one time. Where talking less then 20.00 month for 3 names.



Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-24-2007, 11:19 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 38,037
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Here are the search results I got for searching Dothan Lawn Care.
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-24-2007, 11:19 PM
landonkade's Avatar
landonkade landonkade is offline
Matt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alabama
Age: 34
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 10
landonkade
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (pnplawn @ Oct. 25 2007,12:06)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Oct. 24 2007,11:04)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (landonkade @ Oct. 24 2007,10:42)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Oct. 24 2007,10:38)]Its good usage of key words. Especially if you use them in your page title.

The better you use key words, the better rankings you get in search engines.

You should do a test now and see who comes up now.

Then make your page and see how you effect those results.
yeah i used to have a website on another business that i used to do and the highest i had keyword relavancy was at 94% title was at 100%, and i forgot what the other one was. The business was a worldwide compition, so it was hard to compite
any one else with suggestions? about opend topic * *
First off let me Apologize for not responding sooner. I do not know why I did not see this thread. Name you want a domain for your LCO, First off let tell you this much. I am not be a master in " Naming Domains " BUT I know I am way ahead the guy in second place. Your town is dothan Then dothanlawncare.com Is GREAT name for your website. Now godaddy names are cheap enough, I would reverse that name also. Also I would buy the .net .com and .info on both of those names. That keeps the next guy from jumping in there getting your google spot. Trust me when I say this, Its VERY important when you build this website, Under the section "Title" I would just put dothan lawncare also the county you live in and state name. Want to test my theory, Go to google and do a search for * lawn care avon park, see what you see, do one for lawn care highlands county , do one for lawn care sebring fl , then reverse those names. You will see all of your searches will come back to the same thing.

Guess I winded you writing so much sorry!


Rodman
yeah i want to be found any way u could think of, of someone looking for lawn care in my area i want to be right there, like BOOM IN YOUR FACE,lol. i want them to know and think, well dang i see J & M Lawncare alot.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Landscaper taking on odd...
WarriorLandscapingCAN
08-07-2016 06:57 PM
Today 10:27 AM
by Steve
6 340
fliers
joshp
08-19-2016 03:23 PM
Today 10:24 AM
by Steve
4 112
Breaking into commercial...
SGL1
08-19-2016 07:02 AM
Today 10:12 AM
by mowandblow1980
7 145
Start My Own Business?
mowandblow1980
01-12-2016 07:43 PM
Yesterday 02:23 PM
by Andy S.
16 2,050
Snow Plow
acrajchel
08-17-2016 10:21 AM
08-22-2016 11:21 AM
by Steve
5 129
Quarter Acre Woodland...
ew411
08-16-2016 06:50 AM
08-18-2016 12:25 PM
by Steve
4 124
Bidding Bushhogging
acrajchel
08-15-2016 11:52 AM
08-17-2016 05:32 PM
by acrajchel
4 122
Hello From the Florida...
KevinShuman
08-15-2016 08:57 PM
08-16-2016 01:52 PM
by SC93
2 110
I'm making stupid money...
WarriorLandscapingCAN
08-07-2016 07:07 PM
08-16-2016 12:42 AM
by SC93
5 399
A quick Intro
BLE
08-14-2016 05:17 PM
08-15-2016 10:54 AM
by acrajchel
2 115
New Customer - Gettting...
acrajchel
08-05-2016 05:00 PM
08-15-2016 10:52 AM
by acrajchel
4 377
helping out a friend set...
Doug D
08-13-2016 11:33 AM
08-15-2016 09:45 AM
by Steve
1 129
Small bed job
Bradcook21
08-09-2016 09:52 PM
08-10-2016 03:51 PM
by Steve
1 246
Hello from NoVa
jtwlawn
08-03-2016 11:20 AM
08-09-2016 10:45 AM
by jtwlawn
4 370
How much to charge for...
jymie
03-31-2013 05:59 PM
08-08-2016 04:33 PM
by Steve
27 6,586
Needing a website built
burtle
06-17-2015 09:02 AM
08-07-2016 10:21 AM
by Just for Cuts
18 19,729
Review of our lawn care...
Lawnline
07-12-2016 06:40 PM
08-07-2016 08:44 AM
by Lawnline
5 1,753
New Site Hows it look
Infinitelawn
03-16-2015 10:32 AM
08-07-2016 08:37 AM
by Lawnline
8 11,208
Hey guys! Greetings from...
thegardener
08-05-2016 05:45 AM
08-05-2016 03:26 PM
by Steve
1 292
First Time Bidding-Need...
capitallawncrew
08-01-2016 08:30 AM
08-03-2016 09:52 AM
by Steve
3 415
Show us your stripes
Just for Cuts
05-21-2015 03:07 PM
08-01-2016 08:28 PM
by ExclusiveLawns
7 3,751
String trim BEFORE mow...
Mr. Mow
04-12-2015 08:13 AM
07-31-2016 10:36 AM
by joshp
13 5,899
Now Hiring Just South of...
Chilehead
07-27-2016 11:38 AM
07-27-2016 11:38 AM
by Chilehead
0 370
Hi from Long Island NY
Lori22
07-18-2016 02:01 PM
07-26-2016 11:22 PM
by Chilehead
11 670
Hi everyone!
greenwavemedia
07-25-2016 03:22 PM
07-26-2016 11:21 AM
by Lawnline
2 383
Hi! I'm Tony from Tampa
Lawnline
07-12-2016 06:47 PM
07-26-2016 11:12 AM
by Lawnline
6 995
Z246 Deck change question
JohnsLawnCare
07-25-2016 01:47 PM
07-25-2016 06:38 PM
by Steve
1 360
DIY Sprayer
acrajchel
07-25-2016 09:13 AM
07-25-2016 06:36 PM
by Steve
1 357
Hello Everyone
JohnsLawnCare
06-22-2016 11:14 AM
07-25-2016 06:20 PM
by Steve
15 935
» Popular Tags
apartment become an entrepreneur best mower be your own boss bidding break business business education business help business management complex contractor hacks contracts deck lift dethatcher edging entrepreneur entrepreneur education estimate estimates fuel problems fuel pump half moon blade intro introduction jjandm lawncare l.t.rich landscape landscape design landscaping landscaping design company landscaping richmond va landscping lawn lawncare lawnservice lowering grade marketing mulch planting raising grade residential lawn care richmond va richmond virginia lawn care safety scag snowblower snow plowing snow shovel sprayer start a business start a lawn care business start business start up toro timecutter townhome tree tree service video web design websites what to charge work from home z-max z-spray
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 PM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 PM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy