The installation will ultimately be easier. But for now it requires that some users perform a manual install. Please try each of these steps carefully:
Go to http://www.getgopher.com/palmbeta/
and do the following:
1) Download and run the PalmCOMInstaller.exe file
2) Right-click on gopher.prc and save it to your desktop.
3) Double-click on the gopher.prc file on your desktop. This will allow you to install it onto your handheld.
4) Press the hotsync button on your cradle to transfer the gopher.prc onto the handheld
5) Right-click on GopherPalmConduit.dll and save it to your Gopher folder (C:\Program Files\Ditech\Gopher 2003\)
6) Click on Start | Run and then type
REGSVR32 "C:\Program Files\Ditech\Gopher 2003\GopherPalmConduit.dll"
and click OK.
(if you saved the file to a different location then use that location instead)
6) Try to hotsync again. You should now see the Gopher conduit screen with options for transferring data to and from the handheld.
Let us know at which step (1 through 6) you encounter a problem. If you just downloaded the PalmCOMInstaller.exe then you are on Step 1. Now double-click on the PalmCOMInstaller.exe file and then continue with Steps 2-6.