Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Property Management Forums > Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs.

Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs. Questions on your truck, trailer, commercial lawn mowers, lawn mower, mower parts, lawn tractors, engines, edgers, trimmers, pole saws, aerators, hydro seeders, snow plows, chain saws, stump grinders??

Is It Worth It?


Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs.

Questions on your truck, trailer, commercial lawn mowers, lawn mower, mower parts, lawn tractors, engines, edgers, trimmers, pole saws, aerators, hydro seeders, snow plows, chain saws, stump grinders??
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 04-20-2013, 04:29 PM
GreenBlue's Avatar
GreenBlue GreenBlue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 248
Rep Power: 3
GreenBlue is on a distinguished road
Default Is It Worth It?

I am considering purchasing this as a residential mower, the idea is to have a commercial push mower and a smaller mower. So I am looking on what others think about this mower consideration of mine and my business partners. It is just an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=TJEQ1EYyo0w

Last edited by GreenBlue; 04-20-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 04-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 37,017
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
What is your view on why that mower over a commercial mower of a similar size?
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-22-2013, 01:48 PM
GreenBlue's Avatar
GreenBlue GreenBlue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 248
Rep Power: 3
GreenBlue is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
What is your view on why that mower over a commercial mower of a similar size?
It's cheaper for one thing, but was hoping to get some insight, its mainly an idea of my business partner, I'm leaning more towards a commercial mower, but wanted to see what others had to say so I could relay to my business partner.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-22-2013, 06:12 PM
SNethercutt SNethercutt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 202
Rep Power: 2
SNethercutt is on a distinguished road
Default

I have a buddy who has a mower like that. He loves it and I borrowed it one time to try it out. Mowed a couple of yards with it.

The deck is composite, not steel so it is lighter and doesn't rust. The down side is if you hit something extremely hard you will crack it like fiberglass.

It does have the hose hook up to clean it so that's also a plus.

The smart speed is an awesome feature, that thing will go faster than you want to walk but it goes at the pace you do by how close you stay to the mower. Some people have said they break easy but my buddy used his in the business before he got out.

They run about 700 to 800 and will run nearly as fast as a 32" commercial walk behind, cut almost as wide, being 30 in.

They will not mow tall grass as well as a commercial walk behind.

The bagger fills up quickly because they aren't much bigger than that on the Toro 22".

I have a Toro Recycle 22" I bought last year. Starts first pull, runs great cuts great, bags great. I have NO complaints about my toro and yes it has the composite deck, I think the deck is great.

Its up to you. You can spend 800 on a 21 or 22 " commercial self propelled, 800 on one of these 30 in toros or 2000+ on a new commercial walk behind.

That being said, I just bought a 32" commercial walk behind Gravely. Reason is that I now some large properties and if I'm out and my zero turn I carry daily goes down while I'm out I still have that commercial mower. Plus I can use it on my residential properties.

I would say if spending $2500 plus right now isn't in the books then do it. Toro makes great machines. Just stay away from the Briggs engine they put on some of them. My Toro Recycles has a Kohler on it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-22-2013, 06:21 PM
GreenBlue's Avatar
GreenBlue GreenBlue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 248
Rep Power: 3
GreenBlue is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNethercutt View Post
I have a buddy who has a mower like that. He loves it and I borrowed it one time to try it out. Mowed a couple of yards with it.

The deck is composite, not steel so it is lighter and doesn't rust. The down side is if you hit something extremely hard you will crack it like fiberglass.

It does have the hose hook up to clean it so that's also a plus.

The smart speed is an awesome feature, that thing will go faster than you want to walk but it goes at the pace you do by how close you stay to the mower. Some people have said they break easy but my buddy used his in the business before he got out.

They run about 700 to 800 and will run nearly as fast as a 32" commercial walk behind, cut almost as wide, being 30 in.

They will not mow tall grass as well as a commercial walk behind.

The bagger fills up quickly because they aren't much bigger than that on the Toro 22".

I have a Toro Recycle 22" I bought last year. Starts first pull, runs great cuts great, bags great. I have NO complaints about my toro and yes it has the composite deck, I think the deck is great.

Its up to you. You can spend 800 on a 21 or 22 " commercial self propelled, 800 on one of these 30 in toros or 2000+ on a new commercial walk behind.

That being said, I just bought a 32" commercial walk behind Gravely. Reason is that I now some large properties and if I'm out and my zero turn I carry daily goes down while I'm out I still have that commercial mower. Plus I can use it on my residential properties.

I would say if spending $2500 plus right now isn't in the books then do it. Toro makes great machines. Just stay away from the Briggs engine they put on some of them. My Toro Recycles has a Kohler on it.
I will pass this onto my business partner, this is more of his idea. I'm leaning towards commercial for the simple fact that it can handle more, etc. but wanted to give him a shot with what others had to say and then letting him know what the opinions of others are from everyone here. Thanks for your input on this.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-22-2013, 08:44 PM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

nope.

I bought two recyclers to replace a honda 05 HRX217 and a 92 not even sure of the model since I NEVER bought a part for it. A year and a half later one is parts for the other. The briggs suck, the wheels suck, the drive system breaks. It does cut and mulch nice.

So I still use a 21 year old self propelled and the 05. Those commercial mowers sure arent worth the money though. Who would want a mower hanging around that long? Not me.

As far as upgrading to a 30". Whats the point? It wont really make a time difference and its a good 200lbs. If your really interested in a 30" exmark makes one. Not sure how much different it is from the Toro.

I have bought commercial zero turns for that type of money. Then again I never cared for shiny things or stickers.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-22-2013, 10:06 PM
GreenBlue's Avatar
GreenBlue GreenBlue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 248
Rep Power: 3
GreenBlue is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECTLANDSCAPING View Post
nope.

I bought two recyclers to replace a honda 05 HRX217 and a 92 not even sure of the model since I NEVER bought a part for it. A year and a half later one is parts for the other. The briggs suck, the wheels suck, the drive system breaks. It does cut and mulch nice.

So I still use a 21 year old self propelled and the 05. Those commercial mowers sure arent worth the money though. Who would want a mower hanging around that long? Not me.

As far as upgrading to a 30". Whats the point? It wont really make a time difference and its a good 200lbs. If your really interested in a 30" exmark makes one. Not sure how much different it is from the Toro.

I have bought commercial zero turns for that type of money. Then again I never cared for shiny things or stickers.
We'll look into this, thanks Sect.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-23-2013, 06:52 AM
googus googus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 105
Rep Power: 3
googus is on a distinguished road
Default

The timemaster and the commercial turfmaster 30in are two different machines. You can search the forums there has been a lot of talk about them. Just to put into perspective the residential weighs 120lb and the commercial comes in at 179lbs.

I have the Exmark commercial 30in and love it! 1900.00 OTD
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-23-2013, 08:18 AM
GreenBlue's Avatar
GreenBlue GreenBlue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 248
Rep Power: 3
GreenBlue is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by googus View Post
The timemaster and the commercial turfmaster 30in are two different machines. You can search the forums there has been a lot of talk about them. Just to put into perspective the residential weighs 120lb and the commercial comes in at 179lbs.

I have the Exmark commercial 30in and love it! 1900.00 OTD
Thanks for that input, that's a nice looking mower and I will pass this on to my business partner, I'm sure he'd like this. I do because its commercial lol.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Chilehead's Avatar
Chilehead Chilehead is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Stockbridge, GA
Posts: 174
Rep Power: 6
Chilehead is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by googus View Post
The timemaster and the commercial turfmaster 30in are two different machines. You can search the forums there has been a lot of talk about them. Just to put into perspective the residential weighs 120lb and the commercial comes in at 179lbs.

I have the Exmark commercial 30in and love it! 1900.00 OTD
This is the way to go. If you work commercially, don't cut corners. Get a quality machine that will last.
__________________
integritylawnpro.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it worth it??? D&KLAWNS Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs. 4 09-29-2010 09:14 AM
Pay us what you think we are worth? Steve Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review! 6 08-28-2008 07:52 PM
Worth $50,000? Steve General Talk 2 10-26-2007 03:05 AM
Was it worth it? Steve General Business Discussions 5 04-28-2006 12:46 AM
Would this be worth it? Steve General Business Discussions 2 04-01-2006 12:06 PM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Front page google...
CurbAppeal1
03-04-2015 06:04 PM
Today 11:41 AM
by Just for Cuts
10 133
Distant measuring wheel
CurbAppeal1
Yesterday 01:34 PM
Today 07:51 AM
by apmAkron
5 77
Ground Guys
Pattersonllc
03-04-2015 07:49 PM
Today 02:35 AM
by Pattersonllc
5 123
How do you ask tie your...
CurbAppeal1
Today 02:16 AM
Today 02:26 AM
by CurbAppeal1
1 28
Starting a legit...
Hard-Body lawn & garden
03-04-2015 08:19 PM
Today 12:25 AM
by CurbAppeal1
8 156
Crunch time 2015!
Chilehead
01-29-2015 08:57 PM
Yesterday 07:11 PM
by Chilehead
9 880
Small dovetail truck...
ExtremeLawncareServices
03-04-2015 07:47 PM
Yesterday 07:10 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
3 89
Finally!
SGL1
02-22-2015 09:46 PM
Yesterday 07:07 PM
by SGL1
22 636
Opinions on truck wrap
Trupro
02-28-2015 04:21 PM
Yesterday 03:47 PM
by Trupro
20 435
Employee Training...
Trupro
Yesterday 10:46 AM
Yesterday 03:41 PM
by Trupro
2 44
How do YOU charge your...
Hard-Body lawn & garden
03-02-2015 09:28 PM
Yesterday 03:33 PM
by Steve
4 152
Doug With Blades Of...
BladesofSteel
03-03-2015 08:40 PM
Yesterday 02:38 PM
by Steve
3 88
Am I growing too fast?
Mattcrump
08-04-2011 11:54 PM
Yesterday 01:57 PM
by jhinton
12 5,299
Looking for royalty free...
Trupro
Yesterday 10:50 AM
Yesterday 01:48 PM
by Trupro
3 62
New Website
brian'slawncare
03-01-2015 06:35 PM
Yesterday 10:48 AM
by Trupro
9 210
Beginner Mistakes:...
Steve
01-31-2007 12:45 PM
03-04-2015 07:33 PM
by CurbAppeal1
25 7,797
taking first steps...
sizemorelawncare
11-10-2014 08:24 PM
03-04-2015 06:47 PM
by BladesofSteel
14 2,028
hoa bid
Bradcook21
03-04-2015 07:12 AM
03-04-2015 04:49 PM
by Steve
2 101
Incentives for potential...
rmccutchan
02-02-2015 12:09 AM
03-04-2015 04:06 PM
by Steve
13 926
Kawasaki Control Assembly
rsanchez1203
03-03-2015 04:21 PM
03-04-2015 04:04 PM
by Steve
10 191
All NEW BRASS Black Rain...
BlackRain75
03-03-2015 10:07 PM
03-04-2015 02:33 PM
by Sprinkler Buddy
1 70
Moss in grass in the...
tk4454
05-17-2013 12:19 AM
03-04-2015 09:08 AM
by Moki
4 1,623
Jesse with Curb Appeal...
CurbAppeal1
03-03-2015 01:44 PM
03-03-2015 06:48 PM
by CurbAppeal1
12 174
New guy from Columbia, SC
holymoly
03-03-2015 05:27 PM
03-03-2015 06:10 PM
by Steve
1 65
Diesel conversion?
Just for Cuts
03-02-2015 10:59 AM
03-03-2015 06:08 PM
by Just for Cuts
4 132
stubbon people
Bradcook21
02-16-2015 04:25 PM
03-03-2015 05:56 PM
by Steve
45 1,574
What's include in a bid?
ppl
03-02-2015 01:19 PM
03-03-2015 05:53 PM
by Steve
9 240
New Lawn Care Business
S&Z Lawncare
03-02-2015 04:13 PM
03-03-2015 05:39 PM
by Steve
3 140
My Newborn son
avetslawncare
02-27-2015 01:07 PM
03-03-2015 05:23 PM
by joshlawncare
7 192
New parking area
ExtremeLawncareServices
11-07-2014 09:47 PM
03-03-2015 02:50 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
14 2,074
rock salt
Bradcook21
02-24-2015 11:17 AM
03-03-2015 01:26 PM
by jrs.landscaping
30 710
tips on creating a...
BLAZIER-1991
01-08-2015 07:22 PM
03-03-2015 10:38 AM
by brian'slawncare
9 841
pros and cons on...
Wolf4dk
03-02-2015 12:26 AM
03-02-2015 10:14 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
6 172
price for snow clearing?
Bradcook21
02-25-2015 09:11 PM
03-02-2015 08:32 PM
by Bradcook21
7 319
Ugliest lawn contest
Steve
02-23-2015 04:17 PM
03-02-2015 04:57 PM
by Steve
5 397
Hi from the beautiful...
nwgirl
02-07-2015 06:01 AM
03-02-2015 04:45 PM
by Steve
5 691
Online Estimator
acrajchel
03-01-2015 05:58 PM
03-02-2015 03:50 PM
by Steve
3 157
How to obtain more...
winkie61
02-17-2015 08:31 AM
03-02-2015 11:05 AM
by nwgirl
4 625
I'm Back With The Best...
aduttonater
02-21-2015 01:41 AM
03-02-2015 10:44 AM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
16 715
How to sell annual...
GroPro
02-17-2015 12:31 PM
03-01-2015 01:46 PM
by Chilehead
8 665
Facebook
element009
03-23-2011 09:36 AM
02-27-2015 11:37 AM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
52 11,923
Blade sharpener
Just for Cuts
07-04-2014 01:31 PM
02-26-2015 03:43 PM
by Mr. Mow
15 1,836
viking cyclon.
uppercut
01-29-2015 09:12 PM
02-26-2015 02:54 PM
by Steve
5 576
Start LIKING FACEBOOK...
rlclawncare123
02-26-2015 01:06 AM
02-26-2015 02:41 PM
by Steve
1 178
Another website update
Chilehead
02-26-2015 11:24 AM
02-26-2015 12:46 PM
by Just for Cuts
3 172
New Lawn Care Service...
rlclawncare123
02-26-2015 12:49 AM
02-26-2015 02:24 AM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
1 204
leaf removal.. mulching...
facework84
08-05-2011 03:26 PM
02-25-2015 08:07 PM
by Steve
5 2,864
How many customers?
SC93
02-25-2015 12:40 AM
02-25-2015 04:59 PM
by SC93
5 309
Irrigation...
charlieallen
02-24-2015 01:16 PM
02-25-2015 02:58 PM
by Steve
6 294
use a small business...
BLAZIER-1991
12-25-2014 12:21 AM
02-25-2015 12:46 AM
by SC93
33 2,943
» Popular Tags
4wd apartment complex bark blades blowout bob villa collections commercial demonstration edging employee problems equipment rental facebook ferris first truck flyers free advertising gopherhaul grass growing a lawn care business hardscapes hills hiring husqvarna hydraulic introduction landscape landscape services landscaping training lawn aeration lawn care lawn care business podcast lawn care business seo lawn care business show lawn care business website lawn care business website seo lawn care website marketing more customers business mr dave new business ordinance past due patio install per hour charge podcast profit on employee push versus ride running a business scag v-ride scripts search engine optimization sell the vision seo shreaded small engine repair sq ft square foot sulky tractor auger trailer tree trimmer rack truck new used landscape walk behind web design website winterization won't return wright stander rh
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy