Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Graphic And Web Design Support Forums > Graphic Design Discussions

Graphic Design Discussions Graphic design discussions for your Lawn Care Business. Logos, Postcards, Door Hangers, Flyers, etc. Show off your designs!

Business Card Design


Graphic Design Discussions

Graphic design discussions for your Lawn Care Business. Logos, Postcards, Door Hangers, Flyers, etc. Show off your designs!
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 03-25-2013, 02:17 PM
Greg's Lawn Care's Avatar
Greg's Lawn Care Greg's Lawn Care is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 16
Rep Power: 5
Greg's Lawn Care is on a distinguished road
Default Business Card Design

What are your thoughts on my business card design? Please be as honest as possible, I am interested in any way to improve. (I marked out a little of my phone number).

Business_Card2.jpg
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 03-25-2013, 02:26 PM
GreenBlue's Avatar
GreenBlue GreenBlue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 248
Rep Power: 4
GreenBlue is on a distinguished road
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg's Lawn Care View Post
What are your thoughts on my business card design? Please be as honest as possible, I am interested in any way to improve. (I marked out a little of my phone number).

Attachment 5939
Not sure if "Student Owned & Operated" is a good choice to put on your card, some people may take that the wrong way and think of it as unprofessional.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-25-2013, 02:33 PM
Greg's Lawn Care's Avatar
Greg's Lawn Care Greg's Lawn Care is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 16
Rep Power: 5
Greg's Lawn Care is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBlue View Post
Not sure if "Student Owned & Operated" is a good choice to put on your card, some people may take that the wrong way and think of it as unprofessional.
I understand that point; however, I am using that to separate myself from other surrounding businesses.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-25-2013, 02:38 PM
stevef1201 stevef1201 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,236
Rep Power: 8
stevef1201 is on a distinguished road
Default

Drop the student and use family
drop visit use website instead
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-25-2013, 02:41 PM
GreenBlue's Avatar
GreenBlue GreenBlue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 248
Rep Power: 4
GreenBlue is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg's Lawn Care View Post
I understand that point; however, I am using that to separate myself from other surrounding businesses.
Couldn't you use a slogan or something else to distinguish your business from the others? Like something along the lines of "Servicing All Your Lawn Care Needs" or "We Treat Your Lawn As Our Own" or "Family Owned & Operated". Just a suggestion, maybe someone else can offer more help and suggestions. I just think using the "Student Owned & Operated" would come across as someone who's inexperienced and not to be taken seriously, I mean some people might look fondly that you are a student and owning a lawn service is something to be admired, but I can see alot of people thinking "Should I take a chance with this guy?" I'm not dogging it down, just trying to get you to see it how it may be perceived by potential customers.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Greg's Lawn Care's Avatar
Greg's Lawn Care Greg's Lawn Care is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 16
Rep Power: 5
Greg's Lawn Care is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevef1201 View Post
Drop the student and use family
drop visit use website instead
Well it is a one man crew, just me.

I stuck with visit because the above listings are verbs like: call, email - so I tried to keep the pattern.

Thank you for the advice, I will take it all into consideration.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-25-2013, 02:43 PM
Greg's Lawn Care's Avatar
Greg's Lawn Care Greg's Lawn Care is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 16
Rep Power: 5
Greg's Lawn Care is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBlue View Post
Couldn't you use a slogan or something else to distinguish your business from the others? Like something along the lines of "Servicing All Your Lawn Care Needs" or "We Treat Your Lawn As Our Own" or "Family Owned & Operated". Just a suggestion, maybe someone else can offer more help and suggestions. I just think using the "Student Owned & Operated" would come across as someone who's inexperienced and not to be taken seriously, I mean some people might look fondly that you are a student and owning a lawn service is something to be admired, but I can see alot of people thinking "Should I take a chance with this guy?" I'm not dogging it down, just trying to get you to see it how it may be perceived by potential customers.
Thank you for your insight. It is great to hear other people's opinions also.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-25-2013, 03:45 PM
The Cleaning Doctor's Avatar
The Cleaning Doctor The Cleaning Doctor is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Helena, MT
Posts: 927
Rep Power: 7
The Cleaning Doctor is on a distinguished road
Default

Hate the grass. Looks cheap and tacky.

Get rid of the verbs, they are not needed.

There is one exception....

Above the phone number, if it is a cell phone, put Call or Text. People are loving the ability to text instead of having to talk to someone.

You don't need email or visit as people already recognize those addresses.

I agree with getting rid of the student. Makes me think that you may not have as much time as you think or school may take away from you being able to complete the season. It also leads me to believe that you will be gone once you get your degree.
__________________
Pat
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-25-2013, 04:30 PM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

Put the number up. I need a truck and trailer to move a manufactured home.

Its never a bad idea to list services. I hand people a card all the time and they say "ohh you do this too? I need a estimate on that.

The design is simple and clean. Those are good things. The grass could be better but its doable.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-25-2013, 05:38 PM
Greg's Lawn Care's Avatar
Greg's Lawn Care Greg's Lawn Care is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 16
Rep Power: 5
Greg's Lawn Care is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cleaning Doctor View Post
Hate the grass. Looks cheap and tacky.

Get rid of the verbs, they are not needed.

There is one exception....

Above the phone number, if it is a cell phone, put Call or Text. People are loving the ability to text instead of having to talk to someone.

You don't need email or visit as people already recognize those addresses.

I agree with getting rid of the student. Makes me think that you may not have as much time as you think or school may take away from you being able to complete the season. It also leads me to believe that you will be gone once you get your degree.
I will take your advice on the call or text, thanks. That is a good point, but this is more serving as a high school job and I am not sure if I will be able to carry it on to college.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SECTLANDSCAPING View Post
Put the number up. I need a truck and trailer to move a manufactured home.

Its never a bad idea to list services. I hand people a card all the time and they say "ohh you do this too? I need a estimate on that.

The design is simple and clean. Those are good things. The grass could be better but its doable.
Haha I can help you if you live in Texas! Thank you for the insight.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Logo Business Card and Post Card Design Hedgemaster Show Off - Picture Post - Photo Gallery 41 11-17-2011 10:59 AM
Free business card design artd2009 Graphic Design Discussions 3 05-08-2009 08:37 AM
Free business card design artd2009 Promote your products or services 1 05-08-2009 03:06 AM
Business Card Design alpine692003 General Business Discussions 11 12-30-2003 03:25 AM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
DIY Sprayer
acrajchel
Today 09:13 AM
Today 09:13 AM
by acrajchel
0 8
Hello Everyone
JohnsLawnCare
06-22-2016 11:14 AM
Today 04:42 AM
by JohnsLawnCare
14 525
How much to charge for...
jymie
03-31-2013 05:59 PM
Yesterday 02:08 PM
by Lori22
22 5,922
Hi from Long Island NY
Lori22
07-18-2016 02:01 PM
Yesterday 01:50 PM
by Lori22
9 172
New Business Owner
danesdanglas87
07-20-2016 12:31 PM
07-21-2016 05:04 PM
by Steve
2 96
Hi! I'm Tony from Tampa
Lawnline
07-12-2016 06:47 PM
07-19-2016 04:45 PM
by Steve
5 614
Question about...
Bradcook21
07-18-2016 05:22 PM
07-19-2016 04:38 PM
by Steve
2 106
Hello from Watertown New...
lawnmanrick81
07-19-2016 03:57 PM
07-19-2016 04:11 PM
by Steve
1 59
Gutter Cleaning Tool
DanielThomas
07-18-2016 08:23 AM
07-18-2016 04:36 PM
by Steve
1 90
Starting on a lawn care...
Coco3465
07-16-2016 11:26 AM
07-17-2016 09:20 AM
by Steve
1 117
Aspiring Company Owner
TJ136
07-12-2016 05:12 AM
07-15-2016 02:52 PM
by SC93
6 216
Hi Everyone
JavelinaLawn
07-10-2016 07:29 PM
07-13-2016 02:01 PM
by Chilehead
5 750
Review of our lawn care...
Lawnline
07-12-2016 06:40 PM
07-12-2016 06:40 PM
by Lawnline
0 389
Custom Canopies
JohnsLawnCare
07-12-2016 08:38 AM
07-12-2016 04:14 PM
by Steve
1 264
Spot checked by...
Just for Cuts
06-28-2016 02:34 PM
07-11-2016 03:53 PM
by Steve
4 283
John Deere JS40 issues
Mr. Mow
07-06-2016 01:28 PM
07-11-2016 03:52 PM
by Steve
3 209
Start My Own Business?
mowandblow1980
01-12-2016 07:43 PM
07-11-2016 11:18 AM
by DanielThomas
15 1,753
Rubber mulch...
avetslawncare
06-24-2015 09:28 PM
07-11-2016 09:11 AM
by Chilehead
9 3,293
Firefighter gone Lawn...
Firehouselawn@hotmail.com
03-10-2016 04:50 PM
07-07-2016 05:07 PM
by Steve
11 10,535
I need some business...
Firehouselawn@hotmail.com
07-06-2016 05:42 AM
07-07-2016 05:00 PM
by Steve
4 251
Business Overload
Chilehead
05-06-2016 09:27 PM
07-07-2016 04:53 PM
by Steve
24 1,257
Chemical Applications
acrajchel
06-24-2016 06:44 PM
07-05-2016 12:38 PM
by Chilehead
6 368
Is it too late?
Cpadgett
05-28-2016 09:10 AM
07-05-2016 11:54 AM
by Steve
14 871
3 Applications or 5...
stansg1fresh
02-18-2013 12:02 PM
07-04-2016 09:19 AM
by LawnPerfection
9 1,700
Best Push Mower You Have...
markty
05-14-2016 03:46 PM
07-02-2016 03:41 AM
by markty
27 1,925
Great Arborist Ladder
SGL1
06-04-2016 09:56 AM
06-28-2016 08:04 PM
by mowandblow1980
11 688
Newbie
Jhoell
06-25-2016 03:28 AM
06-28-2016 02:11 PM
by Chilehead
2 264
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 11:18 AM
06-28-2016 11:02 AM
by Brownieboy
1,253 440,265
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy