Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Property Management Forums > Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job

Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job
If you need help coming up with a bid for a lawn care, landscaping, tree cutting or irrigation job, post the specifics here and pictures of the job site. If you are looking to learn about bidding, review the jobs posted here.

13 acre lot.....Help please!!!!


Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job

If you need help coming up with a bid for a lawn care, landscaping, tree cutting or irrigation job, post the specifics here and pictures of the job site. If you are looking to learn about bidding, review the jobs posted here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #41  
Old 03-22-2013, 10:21 AM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingedgeron View Post
Who would really pay $45-60 an acre? That is $550-$700 +. I don't think some one will pay that a week here anyways. That would be well over $2,000+ a month.
they shouldnt buy a property that big. I could say the same thing about who would buy a 5 br house that would be like 5,000 month mortgage or who would pay 3,000 a month in property taxes or a Bentley. People do because they can afford it.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #42  
Old 03-22-2013, 07:38 PM
cuttingedgeron cuttingedgeron is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 73
Rep Power: 2
cuttingedgeron is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECTLANDSCAPING View Post
they shouldnt buy a property that big. I could say the same thing about who would buy a 5 br house that would be like 5,000 month mortgage or who would pay 3,000 a month in property taxes or a Bentley. People do because they can afford it.

Well I decided to call the guy today right before 5, central time. He had two full days to look at the bid. So what he said was the my $425 for the 13.8 acres was a little high. I would be paying out over $1,600 a month. Yep, I knew that from the get go. He then also told me that the last guy was doing it for $225 and getting done in about 5 hours. I thought to myself, either he told me that number to get me down right there or the guy that he had it done, was some punk that was under charging him. There is no way I would touch it for that kind of money. I told my wife, this guy is nuts. So, I just told him most people are charging anywhere between $45-60 an acre here and I was only doing $30 an acre since he had over 10 acres. Then I just told him to think about, you have my number and to give me a call if you decide something different. He did say thanks for calling him and that I seemed pretty professional. Nice words from him , but Im not going to be the type to low ball myself to get a job, so I decided to stand firm. Maybe now he knows I mean business. I also told him my other option about mowing around the house a couple of acres every week and then the entire property every other week. That way it would of been a little cheaper, but not too much. He wanted everything mowed weekly though and didnt care for the other option.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-22-2013, 07:48 PM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingedgeron View Post
Well I decided to call the guy today right before 5, central time. He had two full days to look at the bid. So what he said was the my $425 for the 13.8 acres was a little high. I would be paying out over $1,600 a month. Yep, I knew that from the get go. He then also told me that the last guy was doing it for $225 and getting done in about 5 hours. I thought to myself, either he told me that number to get me down right there or the guy that he had it done, was some punk that was under charging him. There is no way I would touch it for that kind of money. I told my wife, this guy is nuts. So, I just told him most people are charging anywhere between $45-60 an acre here and I was only doing $30 an acre since he had over 10 acres. Then I just told him to think about, you have my number and to give me a call if you decide something different. He did say thanks for calling him and that I seemed pretty professional. Nice words from him , but Im not going to be the type to low ball myself to get a job, so I decided to stand firm. Maybe now he knows I mean business. I also told him my other option about mowing around the house a couple of acres every week and then the entire property every other week. That way it would of been a little cheaper, but not too much. He wanted everything mowed weekly though and didnt care for the other option.
If this guy does quality work for $225 why is he talking to you?

If you needed the work you couldve countered him in the middle. What he is asking for is unreasonable. You would be giving up a almost a day of work to do it.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-22-2013, 07:53 PM
cuttingedgeron cuttingedgeron is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 73
Rep Power: 2
cuttingedgeron is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECTLANDSCAPING View Post
If this guy does quality work for $225 why is he talking to you?

If you needed the work you couldve countered him in the middle. What he is asking for is unreasonable. You would be giving up a almost a day of work to do it.
Not sure if its quality work or not, but the owner did mention whenever I asked him the first time I met him, Why are you looking for someone else to mow your lawn? He then told, well I wanted my yard mowed weekly, so sometimes the guy had excuses. At some occasions, he was suppose to stop by on a friday, but then plans came about. Then the next day, same thing happened. So, long story short, he wasnt very dependable in my opinion. Maybe he was getting the point that the yard was not worth the $225 every cut. lol
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-22-2013, 08:15 PM
warbuff's Avatar
warbuff warbuff is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 67
Rep Power: 5
warbuff is on a distinguished road
Default

I might have tried offering the same $425 but every 10 days, you get your price, and he saves $425

Just curious what size mower your using?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-22-2013, 08:20 PM
SNethercutt SNethercutt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 202
Rep Power: 2
SNethercutt is on a distinguished road
Default

I would run. I would have flat out said find someone else. I mow less than 4 acres for $300 no way I'm touching 13 for anything less than $500.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-22-2013, 08:31 PM
cuttingedgeron cuttingedgeron is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 73
Rep Power: 2
cuttingedgeron is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbuff View Post
I might have tried offering the same $425 but every 10 days, you get your price, and he saves $425

Just curious what size mower your using?
Toro 60 inch cut.

He said weekly though. Cant argue with that.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-22-2013, 08:32 PM
cuttingedgeron cuttingedgeron is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 73
Rep Power: 2
cuttingedgeron is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNethercutt View Post
I would run. I would have flat out said find someone else. I mow less than 4 acres for $300 no way I'm touching 13 for anything less than $500.

Well Im going to wait it out. I just told him to think about it and call me if interested. The ball is in his court now.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-24-2013, 11:58 AM
warbuff's Avatar
warbuff warbuff is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 67
Rep Power: 5
warbuff is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingedgeron View Post
Well I decided to call the guy today right before 5, central time. He had two full days to look at the bid. So what he said was the my $425 for the 13.8 acres was a little high. I would be paying out over $1,600 a month.

There is no way I would touch it for that kind of money.

He said weekly though. Cant argue with that.
Yes he did, he also said 1600 a month was too much but by offering to mow 3 times a month your able to give him a price reduction, while at the same time allowing you to have a price your comfortable with. Its a good compromise to consider for both sides...

Just because its not exactly what he wanted doesn't mean you might no be able to land it. 12 acre's with 60" mower takes me about 5-6 hours @ 80% efficiency, as long as the area is relatively flat. If you can group it in with another high acreage job that is near by and make a day of each time I don't see why you couldn't make $700-800 for the day that way.

Sounds to me like you want this account, so why not try the different approach?
__________________

Clean, Quality Maintenance Services that Exceed Your Expectations.
Find Us On Facebook: ML Landscaping Poughkeepsie NY
Chance Favors the Prepared Mind...
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-24-2013, 12:24 PM
cuttingedgeron cuttingedgeron is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 73
Rep Power: 2
cuttingedgeron is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbuff View Post
Yes he did, he also said 1600 a month was too much but by offering to mow 3 times a month your able to give him a price reduction, while at the same time allowing you to have a price your comfortable with. Its a good compromise to consider for both sides...

Just because its not exactly what he wanted doesn't mean you might no be able to land it. 12 acre's with 60" mower takes me about 5-6 hours @ 80% efficiency, as long as the area is relatively flat. If you can group it in with another high acreage job that is near by and make a day of each time I don't see why you couldn't make $700-800 for the day that way.

Sounds to me like you want this account, so why not try the different approach?
So are you saying, call him a second time and see about mowing 3 x month?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1.5 acre / first bid tha5150 Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job 12 02-09-2012 05:36 PM
per 1/2 acre TheTreeGod Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job 3 08-18-2010 08:40 AM
1 Acre raking job. LawnMoore Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job 5 08-14-2010 06:24 PM
how much to bid on clean up 2+ acre cmoco Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job 3 05-03-2010 01:29 AM
13 acre bid CloseCuts Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job 5 03-11-2008 07:26 PM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
03-22-2014 09:12 AM
Yesterday 09:10 PM
by JLM
82 4,774
Mow and leaf cleanup bid
SGL1
07-29-2014 07:28 PM
Yesterday 07:39 PM
by SGL1
15 195
Late charge
Simon Abousaada
Yesterday 07:23 PM
Yesterday 07:23 PM
by Simon Abousaada
0 33
Need input on a bid
phlawncare
07-28-2014 08:51 PM
Yesterday 06:35 PM
by phlawncare
6 185
Building credit
Matther777
07-27-2014 05:20 PM
Yesterday 05:50 PM
by Matther777
11 243
New from Texas
Livingston Lawn Care
07-25-2014 11:17 AM
Yesterday 01:03 PM
by Steve
5 207
Single tree, mow customer
WesleySnips
06-27-2014 10:12 AM
Yesterday 12:31 PM
by Steve
17 735
Formulas Used
BaileynSamsMum
07-29-2014 06:40 AM
Yesterday 12:19 PM
by Steve
3 132
Spreading Weeds?
WesleySnips
07-27-2014 09:46 PM
Yesterday 06:29 AM
by kslawn
5 177
Will summer ever come
ExtremeLawncareServices
07-29-2014 08:27 AM
07-29-2014 08:29 PM
by SGL1
5 134
From Concord NC
SouthernRootsLawnCare
07-26-2014 02:34 PM
07-29-2014 02:28 PM
by Steve
3 134
Have you ever had to...
SouthernRootsLawnCare
07-26-2014 02:41 PM
07-29-2014 02:28 PM
by Steve
4 191
Echo Edger 'Neutral'
WesleySnips
07-25-2014 05:28 PM
07-29-2014 02:25 PM
by Steve
4 186
Left handed edging with...
SGL1
07-23-2014 08:59 PM
07-28-2014 07:39 AM
by SGL1
15 377
Echo PE 266 edger
stevef1201
07-01-2014 01:28 PM
07-27-2014 10:14 PM
by WesleySnips
5 384
Texas lawn care company...
Livingston Lawn Care
07-25-2014 11:29 AM
07-27-2014 08:16 AM
by Just for Cuts
7 224
need some help geting...
dalvan0
07-13-2014 09:28 PM
07-26-2014 04:39 PM
by BLC7
7 376
new trailer help
mattthelawnguy
07-11-2014 08:21 PM
07-25-2014 06:31 PM
by mattthelawnguy
13 571
You know it;s gonna be a...
stevef1201
07-25-2014 08:50 AM
07-25-2014 01:34 PM
by Steve
1 139
Customer letters
kslawn
07-23-2014 06:17 AM
07-25-2014 01:20 PM
by Steve
5 262
Got my first lawn job...
SGL1
06-11-2014 09:19 PM
07-24-2014 07:09 PM
by SGL1
29 1,339
Need help determining...
Jbss861
07-20-2014 02:33 PM
07-24-2014 01:11 PM
by Steve
13 448
Should I ?
googus
07-22-2014 04:06 PM
07-24-2014 12:10 PM
by Steve
4 286
My First Apartment...
SSLCtn
05-26-2014 10:17 PM
07-24-2014 06:46 AM
by kslawn
15 970
Crop Rotation Techniques...
eastsidelandcare
07-17-2014 03:47 PM
07-24-2014 06:38 AM
by kslawn
3 266
Selling lawns like...
eastsidelandcare
07-17-2014 03:51 PM
07-24-2014 06:28 AM
by kslawn
3 321
Scag new "Eliminator"......
ExtremeLawncareServices
07-20-2014 10:45 AM
07-23-2014 05:37 PM
by Just for Cuts
9 370
need professional advice...
Fiddlers_green
07-20-2014 07:21 PM
07-23-2014 12:42 PM
by Steve
3 265
new to me box truck
jrayb39667
03-06-2014 10:20 PM
07-23-2014 12:40 PM
by Steve
15 1,487
Lawn Service back in...
LawnCareMan280
07-18-2014 09:00 PM
07-23-2014 11:48 AM
by Steve
4 294
Overspray?
stevef1201
07-21-2014 04:20 PM
07-23-2014 11:39 AM
by Steve
3 205
Hello Everyone! Newbie...
SLKlawn
07-17-2014 06:22 PM
07-22-2014 01:53 PM
by Steve
6 349
Proper height for lawn
rob lederhilger
05-26-2014 08:01 AM
07-21-2014 02:53 PM
by LawnDoctor
9 712
Blade sharpener
Just for Cuts
07-04-2014 12:31 PM
07-21-2014 01:48 PM
by Steve
9 573
What's my business worth?
Chaz
07-16-2014 01:35 PM
07-21-2014 01:45 PM
by Steve
4 361
1.5 Acre Jungle
WesleySnips
07-15-2014 05:57 PM
07-20-2014 11:31 AM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
21 699
Gopher schedule software
Ray
07-18-2014 04:13 PM
07-18-2014 04:13 PM
by Ray
0 254
2006 Chevy fuel pump...
KevinsLawns
07-17-2014 08:39 PM
07-18-2014 11:51 AM
by Steve
1 243
Halfway point of year!
Steve
07-01-2014 12:08 PM
07-18-2014 11:38 AM
by Steve
14 807
I got told to leave and...
gwilson98
06-16-2014 02:07 PM
07-17-2014 11:43 AM
by Steve
16 1,129
Hey guys this is the...
prmenter@gmail.com
07-07-2014 08:23 PM
07-16-2014 08:10 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
28 860
Mowing the hills
prmenter@gmail.com
07-08-2014 12:22 PM
07-16-2014 05:00 PM
by Just for Cuts
18 782
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 11:18 AM
07-15-2014 05:38 PM
by icon2000
1,184 321,468
Classified Ad Template...
bcfb
06-05-2013 02:40 AM
07-15-2014 11:16 AM
by Steve
15 3,803
Husqvarna pz 60
CDLAWNCARE
07-06-2014 06:50 PM
07-15-2014 08:53 AM
by kslawn
10 520
Lowballers
Chaz
07-11-2014 03:55 PM
07-14-2014 12:27 PM
by Steve
5 427
My new side job
Sprinkler Buddy
05-10-2014 05:23 AM
07-14-2014 12:15 PM
by Steve
10 881
Illegal spraying
GoGreenerKS
07-04-2014 09:11 AM
07-13-2014 10:36 PM
by GoGreenerKS
10 620
New Mower and Trailer
Chaz
06-25-2014 12:04 PM
07-13-2014 06:25 PM
by SGL1
7 643
What Fertilizer to Use?
acrajchel
04-07-2014 01:56 PM
07-12-2014 07:36 PM
by SGL1
21 1,982
» Popular Tags
4wd advertisement article marketing auger bid butterfly gardens charge christmas light service courtesy call credit card customers decorating estimate exmark ferris first truck fundraiser georgia gopherhaul grass gravely hills holiday holiday decorating holiday lighting how much to charge introduction john deere quik trac kansas city lawn lawn care lawn care business book lawn care business seo lawn care business show lawn care business website lawn care business website seo lawn care website leaf lighting marketing monthly mow mulch mulch price new buisness new mower organize payment podcast property management company pto reo scag schedule scripts seo snow starting a business starting a lawn care business start up lawn care business stihl theft toro toro grand stand trailer trimmer rack walker winter winter services zero turn
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy