Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Just starting your lawn care or landscaping business? > Promote your products or services

Promote your products or services Do you want to promote your products or services to our lawn care business forum? Tell us what you have to offer. Post some specials or promotional offers. There is no better way to sell to a forum community than to get a few happy customers and then word will spread.

get that concrete clean

Promote your products or services

Do you want to promote your products or services to our lawn care business forum? Tell us what you have to offer. Post some specials or promotional offers. There is no better way to sell to a forum community than to get a few happy customers and then word will spread.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:36 AM

SNethercutt is on a distinguished road
Default get that concrete clean

So I know many of you offer pressure washing? But what do you use to get out those stains that won't come off your customers concrete? Or old oil spots?

I just wanted to let you know of another under rated dollar store product.

The Works Toilet Bowl CLEANER. They make many different products but I'm talking about the cleaner.

It stinks like throw up and its green,

But pour it on, scrub a minute and let it sit. You really don't need a pressure washer. But it helps. Don't let it sit too long or you will turn that little dark spot into a big light colored stain, if your not using a pressure washer.

This stuff cost $1.50 I believe down here. Its hydrochloric acid after mixing with water if my Chen class isn't failing me now. But don't mix with water. Use it straight. Works wonders. Better than the stuff at HD that's 40 a gallon. This stuff will run you $6 a gallon. Give it a shot at your own place before using to mame sure you are happy with the results.

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator

Old 04-02-2013, 08:15 AM

GreenBlue is on a distinguished road

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNethercutt View Post
So I know many of you offer pressure washing? But what do you use to get out those stains that won't come off your customers concrete? Or old oil spots?

I just wanted to let you know of another under rated dollar store product.

The Works Toilet Bowl CLEANER. They make many different products but I'm talking about the cleaner.

It stinks like throw up and its green,

But pour it on, scrub a minute and let it sit. You really don't need a pressure washer. But it helps. Don't let it sit too long or you will turn that little dark spot into a big light colored stain, if your not using a pressure washer.

This stuff cost $1.50 I believe down here. Its hydrochloric acid after mixing with water if my Chen class isn't failing me now. But don't mix with water. Use it straight. Works wonders. Better than the stuff at HD that's 40 a gallon. This stuff will run you $6 a gallon. Give it a shot at your own place before using to mame sure you are happy with the results.
I'll have to try it when I get my business going, as I'll be offering power washing.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Steve has disabled reputation

Very interesting! Have you used it in the field yet? How did you like it? Any before and after pics?
Old 04-03-2013, 12:18 AM

The Cleaning Doctor is on a distinguished road

It amazes me that you have no inhibitions of using an acid and then washing it down a storm drain that is usually not treated before it hits the streams. I am not a tree hugger but we do need to use some caution when it comes to the environment. Laws are getting tougher and tougher when it comes to pressure washing as it is.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:37 AM

SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cleaning Doctor View Post
It amazes me that you have no inhibitions of using an acid and then washing it down a storm drain that is usually not treated before it hits the streams. I am not a tree hugger but we do need to use some caution when it comes to the environment. Laws are getting tougher and tougher when it comes to pressure washing as it is.
If there real serious about pressure washing, theyll get a reclaim machine. I had to get one when I got a contract for a few dozen gas stations.

There not cheap but its better then the $5000 fine per occurrence.

When we did the gas stations we had to block the sewer drains and anywhere water would run off. Then the reclaim machine would suck the grey water up, filter it and then it could be drained into a sewer.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:25 AM

Yep. If you look at it like littering (because you can see it) what is the difference if you throw that one little piece of paper out the window? Well then others think the same thing and pretty soon you have to have soldiers or inmates picking up trash along the roads. Yes soldiers do that in AK.

There are some idiots out there that want you to reclaim water coming of the siding of the home when you wash it. All because they are afraid of some soap getting into the ground. Now you put the word acid in there and now they are calling an exorcist.

Besides, most of those dark spots can be cleaned without the use of chemicals if you have the proper equipment. Hint: It is not sold at Home Depot or Lowes.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:55 AM

OK calm down. I think if it was harmful to the environment and didn't break down in water, they wouldn't tell you to put it in your toilet to flush and send to a treatment facility with microbials and the such. Just my .02 on that.

And if you have never been to Houston, I suggest you not come if you are worried about toilet bowl cleaner in the water. My dad removes DDT from the ship channel for a living. Along with every other company that pumps start up waste into a salt dome for use after the facility is running... think those salt domes don't leak? Yeah right. My toilet bowl cleaner is the least of our problems down here.

And as for laws... why make laws stricter is we can't even enforce the ones we have now? That doesn't make any sense.

And a little insight about the EPA

DDT was what they used to stop the malaria outbreak in Africa in the 60s and 70s, until outlawed in the 70s for its harmful side effects. Did you ever run behind a mesquito truck as a kid? You know what that was? DDT. A said carcenogen. Also said it made eagle eggs soft effecting the birth of bald eagles.

Now they want to bring it back due to west Nile, but nobody wants to make it. Imagine that. Does it shorten the life expectantcy of the workers in the plants who make it. Yes. I have seen a lot of my dads friends pass at a fairly young age 50 and 60, who worked around it. But what's the life expectancy of an under water welder 40 or 50?

People cry about things when nobody really has a clue what's going on. Do you use or recommend scotts bonus s? Atrazine, very dangerous, just like DDT is not biodegradeable and builds up through the trophic levels. Doesn't break down in water. Kids test positive for it from playing in lawns that were treated 30 days prior to playing.

And your complaining about toilet cleaner. And what's wrong with inmates picking up trash? My tax dollar is paying to house them and feed them and bathe them and provide them medicine, dental and doctor care. So why can't they work? Your state pays your local county or city around $100 a day to house an inmate. So if your city has 300 incarcerated inmates, that's 30,000 your state is taking out of it road & bridge, educational or 2nd amendment protection fund to house that idiot. So j think out of gratitude he can get out there and pick up some trash.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:09 PM

SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road

Quote:
OK calm down. I think if it was harmful to the environment and didn't break down in water, they wouldn't tell you to put it in your toilet to flush and send to a treatment facility with microbials and the such. Just my .02 on that.

If you read exactly what Cleaning Doctor said. The water from your toilet and sink goes to the treatment center.

The water from sewers goes to canals, rivers, and lakes. Its never treated.

Dumping anything in the sewer is a violation of the clean water act.
http://www.epa.gov/lawsregs/laws/cwa.html

I had the EPA inspect my equipment on four different jobs. Luckily I was completely legal or I wouldve been doing six jobs to pay the fine. If you dont want to follow the laws dont but when you get caught dont try to play ignorant.

This conversation is no different then using pesticides without a license. Phosphorus is legal to use on most lawns even though it doesnt breakdown. Whats happening now communities are starting to regulate its use. Theres more and more phosphorus free fertilizers on the market now.

I like to use TSP which inst banned but at one point was in every dish soap, detergent, and household cleaner. Then it started polluting the water and the major manufactures took it out of their products.

Heres a ad from a industrial cleaner
http://www.mechanizedcleaningsolutio...e_Washing.html

ADVANTAGES OF WASTE WATER RECLAMATION:

•Hiring a contractor who has the ability to reclaim used wash water is the best way to avoid costly fines from governmental authorities tasked with enforcing the Clean Water Act.

•Waste water reclamation allows the use of hot water which is a far superior method in most cleaning situations.

•Unless the project you want your contractor to perform is giant, the cost of reclamation pressure washing is less than the vacuum truck fees incurred when a local inspector requires that a storm drain basin be cleaned out.

•Although more expensive to employ, reclamation pressure washing ensures that the used wash water which is usually unpleasant to smell or even to look at, is not discharged to a place where the wildlife present are biologically unequipped to deal with it and remain healthy.

•In a developed where the used wash water will run to a storm drain, regardless of the dirt or contaminants you want your contractor to clean up, waste water capture is the only option if you don’t want your waste discharged directly to the nearest stream, river, lake, or the Puget Sound.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:

And if you have never been to Houston, I suggest you not come if you are worried about toilet bowl cleaner in the water. My dad removes DDT from the ship channel for a living. Along with every other company that pumps start up waste into a salt dome for use after the facility is running... think those salt domes don't leak? Yeah right. My toilet bowl cleaner is the least of our problems down here.

And as for laws... why make laws stricter is we can't even enforce the ones we have now? That doesn't make any sense.

And a little insight about the EPA

DDT was what they used to stop the malaria outbreak in Africa in the 60s and 70s, until outlawed in the 70s for its harmful side effects. Did you ever run behind a mesquito truck as a kid? You know what that was? DDT. A said carcenogen. Also said it made eagle eggs soft effecting the birth of bald eagles.

Now they want to bring it back due to west Nile, but nobody wants to make it. Imagine that. Does it shorten the life expectantcy of the workers in the plants who make it. Yes. I have seen a lot of my dads friends pass at a fairly young age 50 and 60, who worked around it. But what's the life expectancy of an under water welder 40 or 50?

People cry about things when nobody really has a clue what's going on. Do you use or recommend scotts bonus s? Atrazine, very dangerous, just like DDT is not biodegradeable and builds up through the trophic levels. Doesn't break down in water. Kids test positive for it from playing in lawns that were treated 30 days prior to playing.

And your complaining about toilet cleaner. And what's wrong with inmates picking up trash? My tax dollar is paying to house them and feed them and bathe them and provide them medicine, dental and doctor care. So why can't they work? Your state pays your local county or city around $100 a day to house an inmate. So if your city has 300 incarcerated inmates, that's 30,000 your state is taking out of it road & bridge, educational or 2nd amendment protection fund to house that idiot. So j think out of gratitude he can get out there and pick up some trash.
First of all, I have lived in Houston so I know what is there.

I don't recommend any chemicals but if some need to be used I believe that the weakest ones that are required to get the job done are to be used. If you had any clue as to what was going on in Houston, the pressure washing business was almost shut down due to city regulations and many pressure washing companies came together and educated officials on what they were doing.

Every time someone says this little bit will not hurt it adds to the build up of chemicals.

As far as your comment on picking up trash, you complain on the amount of money spent to house them. Well how about the additional funds needed to have a trash detail. 1-2 guards in addition to what is at the prison and a vehicle to transport them.

Oklahoma had a billboard I saw once that stated it costs 4 million a year to clean up trash along the roads. Well if you did not throw it out the window it would cost nothing to pick up.

Littering is illegal too and just because there are prisoners that can clean it up does not mean that we should fund that. People seem to thing that it is FREE labor but they don't take into account the guards or vehicles.

Oh and no, we did not have mosquito trucks running around our neighborhoods.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:58 PM

You can look at it as having to have more guards, but you don't. You only need one. That's all we use in our county. But they not only pick up trash, but they help pave roads, now, spray fences, maintain county equipment, wash county vehicles, mow, clean the jail courthouse sherrifs office and 2 local police stations.

Doesn't cost them anything more than having to hire people to do these things. As a matter of fact, I believe since the mowing contracts for city and county were cut, it saved over 200,000 in mowing contracts alone.

When you have inmates "trustees" do jobs like these, it saves the county from paying someone 14-19 an hour to do it. Instead they send them out to the precicnts, and the precincts send them out to help the county employees. County employees are still working but work more efficiently with free help. And each precinct has 6 inmate workers. One for each employ is what it comes down to.

You end up with

Lots of saved money, clean right of ways, mowed grass all over the county, maintained landscape at all county facilities, clean squad cars without spending money at the car wash, no need for a cleaning crew for county or city buildings.... the list goes on and on. If they were just picking up trash, wouldn't be any benefits. With all of the above, the cost to pickup trash is completely offset. As the mowing crew is also the trash pickup crew. So they save $200,000+ each year for all the city's in the county combined, and have to pay out say $35,000? A year to a peace officer to watch these guys. And their vehicle they ride around in, are ciezed in drugs bust. No cost their.