Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Property Management Forums > Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job

Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job
If you need help coming up with a bid for a lawn care, landscaping, tree cutting or irrigation job, post the specifics here and pictures of the job site. If you are looking to learn about bidding, review the jobs posted here.

Pricing ????


Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job

If you need help coming up with a bid for a lawn care, landscaping, tree cutting or irrigation job, post the specifics here and pictures of the job site. If you are looking to learn about bidding, review the jobs posted here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 01-14-2013, 07:54 PM
6295danny 6295danny is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South MS
Posts: 24
Rep Power: 4
6295danny is on a distinguished road
Default Pricing ????

I got a large apartment complex I bid on last year an think I got it for this year. I mowed it for cash last 2 months of the summer last year due to there normal lawn care guys just not showing up. Ok keep in mind I was using a 50in cub cadet z force Kohler motor stamped deck an a troy built weed wacker. It took me about 8 hours to mow it an the next day I could weed eat an blow it in about 6 hrs or less. I just started my business in the last week with a real name LLC Insurance an real equipment to mow these type of accounts. I now have all new 61in scag 2 stihl weedeaters sthil bp blowers an sthil edgers. All on a new 16ft open trailer.
Ok now that said I bid it twice because I wanted to mow it weekly but there budget was tight so I bid it for 2 mows per month the 2nd time. I will have one guy working for me to start so keep this in mind to. I bid 2500 per month for 8 months for 2 mows weedeating an blowing. I was told by one of the grounds guys that the other lawn care guys could come in early (a 2 man crew) Around 8 am an was gone by 3 or 4 pm with commercial equipment. So Is 2500 a month good for lets say 16hrs a month. An Im no spring chicken so I weedeat slower than most thats why I got a young man hired on for the summer season.. Please give me some feedback on pricing or if I chose good equipment ect ect... Thanks Cutting it Close Lawn Care.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 01-14-2013, 07:59 PM
Cashin H&P Cashin H&P is offline
new member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bedford NH
Posts: 409
Rep Power: 0
Cashin H&P is on a distinguished road
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6295danny View Post
I got a large apartment complex I bid on last year an think I got it for this year. I mowed it for cash last 2 months of the summer last year due to there normal lawn care guys just not showing up. Ok keep in mind I was using a 50in cub cadet z force Kohler motor stamped deck an a troy built weed wacker. It took me about 8 hours to mow it an the next day I could weed eat an blow it in about 6 hrs or less. I just started my business in the last week with a real name LLC Insurance an real equipment to mow these type of accounts. I now have all new 61in scag 2 stihl weedeaters sthil bp blowers an sthil edgers. All on a new 16ft open trailer.
Ok now that said I bid it twice because I wanted to mow it weekly but there budget was tight so I bid it for 2 mows per month the 2nd time. I will have one guy working for me to start so keep this in mind to. I bid 2500 per month for 8 months for 2 mows weedeating an blowing. I was told by one of the grounds guys that the other lawn care guys could come in early (a 2 man crew) Around 8 am an was gone by 3 or 4 pm with commercial equipment. So Is 2500 a month good for lets say 16hrs a month. An Im no spring chicken so I weedeat slower than most thats why I got a young man hired on for the summer season.. Please give me some feedback on pricing or if I chose good equipment ect ect... Thanks Cutting it Close Lawn Care.
Do you have pics of the property? That will help us judge youe quote much better.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-14-2013, 08:09 PM
6295danny 6295danny is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South MS
Posts: 24
Rep Power: 4
6295danny is on a distinguished road
Default

I dont have any pics. Sorry.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-14-2013, 08:11 PM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashin home and property View Post
Do you have pics of the property? That will help us judge youe quote much better.
or actual acres and where are you located.

According to you post you were spending 14 hours there per cut. If your running 2 mower now and 2 trimmers. You should be out of there in 7 but you got a guy with you. So that brings it to 14 man hours per cut still. You should be able to cut at least 2 hours of your mowing time with the scag but I would bid it based on what you used last year anyway.

Even at 28 hours, $2500 doesnt sound bad at all. Now do you have to do fall/spring clean ups, mulch, bush trimming, etc?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-14-2013, 08:12 PM
Cashin H&P Cashin H&P is offline
new member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bedford NH
Posts: 409
Rep Power: 0
Cashin H&P is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6295danny View Post
I dont have any pics. Sorry.
Well then it will be really hard to tell you how if your pricing is in the ball park. But from what it sounds like you know how long your there and what your costs are. If your making money the go with it.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-14-2013, 08:19 PM
6295danny 6295danny is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South MS
Posts: 24
Rep Power: 4
6295danny is on a distinguished road
Default

It only took 2 guys 7 or 8 hours to mow an weedeat it from the other crew. I had residential equipment last year. Im looking at me an another guy spending 16hrs a month there for 2500 bucks.. Last year it was just me no help an I was doing it all. An I had a cub cadet ztr that mows this south MS grass at 3 mph tops. I would guess 15 to 20 acres max. And about 10 big duplexs on it. Big circle drive in the center an lots of parking area.

Last edited by 6295danny; 01-14-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-14-2013, 08:26 PM
bruces bruces is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 828
Rep Power: 0
bruces is on a distinguished road
Default

you need to figure out your true costs ,desired profits,and your time to complete these jobs before you can figure out a price ,and certainly not a single one of us can help you properly without all the info .Actually I am wrong ,5dollarlowballerlawnchild has a magical formula he got of a little ceasers commercial .
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-14-2013, 08:28 PM
Cashin H&P Cashin H&P is offline
new member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bedford NH
Posts: 409
Rep Power: 0
Cashin H&P is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruces View Post
you need to figure out your true costs ,desired profits,and your time to complete these jobs before you can figure out a price ,and certainly not a single one of us can help you properly without all the info .Actually I am wrong ,5dollarlowballerlawnchild has a magical formula he got of a little ceasers commercial .
Im sure he will be around soon enough to give his "advice"
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-14-2013, 08:34 PM
jrayb39667's Avatar
jrayb39667 jrayb39667 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Deep South MS
Posts: 123
Rep Power: 5
jrayb39667 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruces View Post
,5dollarlowballerlawnchild has a magical formula he got of a little ceasers commercial .
This made me literally LOL!!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-14-2013, 08:36 PM
6295danny 6295danny is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South MS
Posts: 24
Rep Power: 4
6295danny is on a distinguished road
Default

Ok U must not have read my first post. Im new never done this for a living. I was using crap equipment last summer. Now I have commercial. I have no idea on what gas prices will run in new equipment. I took me 2 days alone for one cutting with crappy epuipment. Took the old lawn care crew 7hrs with 2 guys an commercial equipment. All I can go off of is its gonna take me 16hrs a month to cut it. Me an one helper ill be paying. Thats all the info I got...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pricing???? Mlopez Starting a lawn care business. 6 04-06-2011 08:33 PM
Need help pricing. Sean70 Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job 4 04-05-2009 05:36 AM
Hello, I am new and need help with pricing! jones26r Introduce Yourself 17 08-18-2007 10:59 AM
Job Pricing bcnj Lawn Maintenance / Lawn Renovation 2 06-12-2007 07:18 PM
need help pricing a job vicman Lawn Maintenance / Lawn Renovation 5 05-11-2007 11:33 PM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Did this job free to...
JJand M Lawncare
05-02-2016 02:33 PM
Today 10:07 AM
by Steve
4 83
Correct way to quote a...
WarriorLandscapingCAN
05-02-2016 11:52 AM
05-03-2016 10:59 AM
by Steve
1 59
How to tell Cust. to...
GeeGood
04-09-2008 09:55 PM
05-02-2016 02:45 PM
by JJand M Lawncare
13 5,229
Having an issue with...
Mr. Mow
04-27-2016 03:58 PM
04-28-2016 05:04 AM
by Sprinkler Buddy
2 129
Hello From Virginia
JJand M Lawncare
04-25-2016 01:02 PM
04-27-2016 05:20 PM
by Steve
5 162
knowledge is Key
Greg'slawnandlandscape
04-23-2016 02:23 AM
04-25-2016 02:40 PM
by Steve
2 150
Hello from Calgary
Freshcut
04-22-2016 06:10 PM
04-25-2016 02:38 PM
by Steve
1 137
Echo Bed Redefiner...
NPM_LLC
04-12-2016 10:54 AM
04-22-2016 06:15 PM
by Freshcut
4 338
Has anyone done a garden?
Brian3137
03-28-2016 10:42 AM
04-22-2016 04:42 PM
by biglee
13 9,786
What would you charge?
markty
04-18-2016 03:28 PM
04-22-2016 09:01 AM
by chris2500hd
6 323
Replaced Mower Engine
Sprinkler Buddy
04-15-2016 06:21 AM
04-19-2016 11:03 AM
by Sprinkler Buddy
6 276
Hello from Oklahoma
Ron Hall
03-24-2016 06:59 PM
04-16-2016 03:51 AM
by Ron Hall
9 9,487
Laying down some stripes
MATTNAPIER89
04-11-2016 09:55 PM
04-14-2016 11:55 PM
by Steve
3 362
Find out what business...
MATTNAPIER89
04-11-2016 09:58 PM
04-13-2016 12:32 PM
by MATTNAPIER89
2 304
Hello my name is Matt
MATTNAPIER89
04-11-2016 09:46 PM
04-13-2016 12:58 AM
by Steve
1 260
How to drop some...
nickeckes
04-11-2016 01:07 AM
04-12-2016 05:22 PM
by Steve
4 334
Trash Receptacle for a...
tannerduncan
04-12-2016 05:02 PM
04-12-2016 05:19 PM
by Steve
1 240
Small Project Lawn
tannerduncan
03-31-2016 08:21 PM
04-12-2016 05:16 PM
by Steve
7 9,365
Please Help! Bidding...
Dorali
02-15-2016 12:02 PM
04-06-2016 01:08 AM
by Steve
36 13,104
Hello
pbcleff
04-05-2016 07:45 PM
04-06-2016 12:35 AM
by Steve
1 433
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 PM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 PM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy