Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Graphic And Web Design Support Forums > Graphic Design Discussions

Graphic Design Discussions Graphic design discussions for your Lawn Care Business. Logos, Postcards, Door Hangers, Flyers, etc. Show off your designs!

Business Card Design


Graphic Design Discussions

Graphic design discussions for your Lawn Care Business. Logos, Postcards, Door Hangers, Flyers, etc. Show off your designs!
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 03-25-2013, 03:17 PM
Greg's Lawn Care's Avatar
Greg's Lawn Care Greg's Lawn Care is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 16
Rep Power: 4
Greg's Lawn Care is on a distinguished road
Default Business Card Design

What are your thoughts on my business card design? Please be as honest as possible, I am interested in any way to improve. (I marked out a little of my phone number).

Business_Card2.jpg
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 03-25-2013, 03:26 PM
GreenBlue's Avatar
GreenBlue GreenBlue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 248
Rep Power: 3
GreenBlue is on a distinguished road
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg's Lawn Care View Post
What are your thoughts on my business card design? Please be as honest as possible, I am interested in any way to improve. (I marked out a little of my phone number).

Attachment 5939
Not sure if "Student Owned & Operated" is a good choice to put on your card, some people may take that the wrong way and think of it as unprofessional.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Greg's Lawn Care's Avatar
Greg's Lawn Care Greg's Lawn Care is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 16
Rep Power: 4
Greg's Lawn Care is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBlue View Post
Not sure if "Student Owned & Operated" is a good choice to put on your card, some people may take that the wrong way and think of it as unprofessional.
I understand that point; however, I am using that to separate myself from other surrounding businesses.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-25-2013, 03:38 PM
stevef1201 stevef1201 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,236
Rep Power: 7
stevef1201 is on a distinguished road
Default

Drop the student and use family
drop visit use website instead
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-25-2013, 03:41 PM
GreenBlue's Avatar
GreenBlue GreenBlue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 248
Rep Power: 3
GreenBlue is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg's Lawn Care View Post
I understand that point; however, I am using that to separate myself from other surrounding businesses.
Couldn't you use a slogan or something else to distinguish your business from the others? Like something along the lines of "Servicing All Your Lawn Care Needs" or "We Treat Your Lawn As Our Own" or "Family Owned & Operated". Just a suggestion, maybe someone else can offer more help and suggestions. I just think using the "Student Owned & Operated" would come across as someone who's inexperienced and not to be taken seriously, I mean some people might look fondly that you are a student and owning a lawn service is something to be admired, but I can see alot of people thinking "Should I take a chance with this guy?" I'm not dogging it down, just trying to get you to see it how it may be perceived by potential customers.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-25-2013, 03:42 PM
Greg's Lawn Care's Avatar
Greg's Lawn Care Greg's Lawn Care is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 16
Rep Power: 4
Greg's Lawn Care is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevef1201 View Post
Drop the student and use family
drop visit use website instead
Well it is a one man crew, just me.

I stuck with visit because the above listings are verbs like: call, email - so I tried to keep the pattern.

Thank you for the advice, I will take it all into consideration.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-25-2013, 03:43 PM
Greg's Lawn Care's Avatar
Greg's Lawn Care Greg's Lawn Care is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 16
Rep Power: 4
Greg's Lawn Care is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBlue View Post
Couldn't you use a slogan or something else to distinguish your business from the others? Like something along the lines of "Servicing All Your Lawn Care Needs" or "We Treat Your Lawn As Our Own" or "Family Owned & Operated". Just a suggestion, maybe someone else can offer more help and suggestions. I just think using the "Student Owned & Operated" would come across as someone who's inexperienced and not to be taken seriously, I mean some people might look fondly that you are a student and owning a lawn service is something to be admired, but I can see alot of people thinking "Should I take a chance with this guy?" I'm not dogging it down, just trying to get you to see it how it may be perceived by potential customers.
Thank you for your insight. It is great to hear other people's opinions also.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-25-2013, 04:45 PM
The Cleaning Doctor's Avatar
The Cleaning Doctor The Cleaning Doctor is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Helena, MT
Posts: 927
Rep Power: 7
The Cleaning Doctor is on a distinguished road
Default

Hate the grass. Looks cheap and tacky.

Get rid of the verbs, they are not needed.

There is one exception....

Above the phone number, if it is a cell phone, put Call or Text. People are loving the ability to text instead of having to talk to someone.

You don't need email or visit as people already recognize those addresses.

I agree with getting rid of the student. Makes me think that you may not have as much time as you think or school may take away from you being able to complete the season. It also leads me to believe that you will be gone once you get your degree.
__________________
Pat
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-25-2013, 05:30 PM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

Put the number up. I need a truck and trailer to move a manufactured home.

Its never a bad idea to list services. I hand people a card all the time and they say "ohh you do this too? I need a estimate on that.

The design is simple and clean. Those are good things. The grass could be better but its doable.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-25-2013, 06:38 PM
Greg's Lawn Care's Avatar
Greg's Lawn Care Greg's Lawn Care is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 16
Rep Power: 4
Greg's Lawn Care is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cleaning Doctor View Post
Hate the grass. Looks cheap and tacky.

Get rid of the verbs, they are not needed.

There is one exception....

Above the phone number, if it is a cell phone, put Call or Text. People are loving the ability to text instead of having to talk to someone.

You don't need email or visit as people already recognize those addresses.

I agree with getting rid of the student. Makes me think that you may not have as much time as you think or school may take away from you being able to complete the season. It also leads me to believe that you will be gone once you get your degree.
I will take your advice on the call or text, thanks. That is a good point, but this is more serving as a high school job and I am not sure if I will be able to carry it on to college.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SECTLANDSCAPING View Post
Put the number up. I need a truck and trailer to move a manufactured home.

Its never a bad idea to list services. I hand people a card all the time and they say "ohh you do this too? I need a estimate on that.

The design is simple and clean. Those are good things. The grass could be better but its doable.
Haha I can help you if you live in Texas! Thank you for the insight.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Logo Business Card and Post Card Design Hedgemaster Show Off - Picture Post - Photo Gallery 41 11-17-2011 11:59 AM
Free business card design artd2009 Graphic Design Discussions 3 05-08-2009 09:37 AM
Free business card design artd2009 Promote your products or services 1 05-08-2009 04:06 AM
Business Card Design alpine692003 General Business Discussions 11 12-30-2003 04:25 AM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Help Spread the word...
Sprinkler Buddy
12-02-2015 08:41 AM
Today 11:15 AM
by Greg_TopYardServices
12 1,162
back surgery
Bradcook21
01-28-2016 08:51 PM
Yesterday 08:04 PM
by Chilehead
12 286
hello all
romanlandscape
01-29-2016 03:46 PM
Yesterday 10:20 AM
by Bradcook21
6 180
Finding open bids?!?
C&DPropertyManagement
Yesterday 01:48 AM
Yesterday 01:48 AM
by C&DPropertyManagement
0 47
Lawn Care Book Ranked #1
Steve
02-06-2016 12:36 AM
02-06-2016 12:36 AM
by Steve
0 66
Hi
Sellers Lawn Care
02-02-2016 01:48 PM
02-05-2016 08:03 AM
by Sellers Lawn Care
4 142
Collecting payments from...
Niagara Mowing
02-03-2016 05:21 PM
02-05-2016 08:00 AM
by Niagara Mowing
7 195
SMS assist? The good,...
jcurr33
01-27-2016 10:24 PM
02-04-2016 11:53 PM
by Steve
5 215
I need some help...
Anise
02-04-2016 01:39 PM
02-04-2016 11:51 PM
by Steve
3 108
Customers dodging the...
Rocky
11-06-2015 06:22 AM
02-04-2016 03:41 AM
by C&DPropertyManagement
7 1,471
Offering a "Trial"...
wybut076
02-01-2016 06:27 PM
02-03-2016 08:26 PM
by Just for Cuts
7 227
Iowa Caucus Predictions?
Steve
02-01-2016 06:31 PM
02-03-2016 12:40 AM
by Steve
1 89
Laying White River Rock
DiamondLawnCare
02-01-2016 08:27 PM
02-03-2016 12:17 AM
by Steve
1 105
Networking for a...
jcurr33
01-30-2016 09:26 PM
02-01-2016 06:27 PM
by Steve
4 172
Customer giving a 1099?
apmAkron
01-27-2016 07:22 PM
01-31-2016 08:55 PM
by Chilehead
6 236
happy to be here
redrobin
01-29-2016 10:45 AM
01-31-2016 08:44 PM
by Steve
1 124
Thought's on an "E-Z...
jcurr33
01-27-2016 10:48 PM
01-31-2016 08:38 PM
by Steve
4 201
Changes
Knaubone
01-30-2016 10:56 PM
01-31-2016 08:31 PM
by Steve
1 108
Thoughts on this Exmark...
googus
01-28-2016 04:24 PM
01-28-2016 08:09 PM
by Chilehead
1 134
1st year in
jcurr33
10-18-2015 05:07 PM
01-28-2016 07:49 PM
by Chilehead
6 4,124
Need opinion on zero...
Mr. Mow
01-24-2016 05:42 PM
01-28-2016 07:41 PM
by Chilehead
10 341
Opinion on liquid vs...
Bradcook21
01-25-2016 02:03 PM
01-28-2016 07:38 PM
by Chilehead
9 285
Finding property size
Gageslawncare
01-25-2016 11:08 AM
01-28-2016 12:05 PM
by Gageslawncare
10 293
Tiger TG 2661 Commercial...
lawnman1959
01-25-2016 08:12 PM
01-27-2016 07:57 PM
by Just for Cuts
5 227
Spouse as a dependent?
Steve
01-26-2016 01:51 AM
01-27-2016 10:44 AM
by Chilehead
3 187
Hello All
C&DPropertyManagement
01-23-2016 12:21 PM
01-26-2016 01:24 AM
by Steve
1 170
Credit Cards - What's in...
Shark1611
06-16-2015 04:04 PM
01-23-2016 03:43 PM
by C&DPropertyManagement
17 7,654
Start My Own Business?
mowandblow1980
01-12-2016 08:43 PM
01-19-2016 07:00 PM
by Steve
12 607
State of the nation 2016.
Steve
01-12-2016 12:05 AM
01-19-2016 06:57 PM
by Steve
6 362
little help? first big...
Brian3137
12-31-2015 12:39 PM
01-19-2016 06:54 PM
by Steve
23 1,048
Hi everybody...
Greg_TopYardServices
01-14-2016 08:10 AM
01-19-2016 02:47 PM
by SC93
12 436
What's your next...
Steve
05-15-2015 12:54 PM
01-17-2016 08:48 PM
by Homeland unlimited
25 7,895
Plow controller problems
scaypa
01-12-2016 05:49 PM
01-16-2016 10:46 AM
by scaypa
4 277
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 12:18 PM
01-15-2016 07:23 PM
by tannerduncan
1,244 427,970
Pricing issue
Mr. Mow
07-07-2015 07:15 AM
01-15-2016 11:20 AM
by djlandscaping06
23 5,387
New College Course
Dr. D
01-14-2016 01:45 PM
01-14-2016 05:35 PM
by Steve
1 203
Yelp
Shark1611
01-13-2016 10:00 AM
01-14-2016 05:32 PM
by Steve
4 259
New to the forum from...
Doug Green
01-12-2016 12:23 PM
01-14-2016 08:34 AM
by Doug Green
2 235
Facebook advertising
Just for Cuts
12-13-2015 08:49 AM
01-13-2016 10:20 PM
by Just for Cuts
12 904
Choosing local business
Doug Green
01-12-2016 12:29 PM
01-13-2016 06:12 PM
by Steve
2 395
4 Seasons Landscaping LLC
Doug Green
01-12-2016 12:56 PM
01-12-2016 12:59 PM
by Doug Green
1 255
2016 business goals
OxfordOS
01-09-2016 04:19 PM
01-12-2016 08:36 AM
by mowandblow1980
15 549
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 PM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 PM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy