Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Business > Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review!

Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review! Lawn Care Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations Discussion.

How I found TOO Many Customers! AND YOU CAN TOO (Step by Step)


Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review!

Lawn Care Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations Discussion.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #31  
Old 01-16-2013, 03:03 PM
BLC7 BLC7 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 91
Rep Power: 2
BLC7 is on a distinguished road
Default

Actually, I might put letters on my back windshield for the SMS/Text Lead Gen strategy:

Text
TheLawnBoy
to
90210


That way if I want to take if off, I can do so without ruining the paint.

Last edited by BLC7; 01-16-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #32  
Old 01-16-2013, 03:41 PM
dpld dpld is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 885
Rep Power: 0
dpld is on a distinguished road
Default

yeah i put a video up on youtube and i screwed up on the link so i will have to see what i can figure out that i did wrong.

sucks when you are computer illiterate.

Last edited by dpld; 01-16-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-16-2013, 03:55 PM
BLC7 BLC7 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 91
Rep Power: 2
BLC7 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpld View Post
yeah i put a video up on youtube and i screwed up on the link so i will have to see what i can figure out that i did wrong.

sucks when you are computer illiterate.
what are you trying to find? The link to the video? Or the link to your youtube page?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-16-2013, 05:01 PM
dpld dpld is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 885
Rep Power: 0
dpld is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC7 View Post
what are you trying to find? The link to the video? Or the link to your youtube page?
well the problem i am having is my business name is registered with google and i opened a new account in youtube with the same name.

when i try to create a channel and it asks for my name i want it tells me that the name i choose will change how i am seen on all google products and when i try to keep the same name it comes up as a invalid or unavailable name.

so my concern is i don't want to screw up how i am found on the google search by coming up with a different name.

i am sure to someone else it may be a very simple solution or maybe i am making too much out of it.

i see when i go to your channel it says natchez lawn care but in the about section it has your name as bruin lawn so my question is, is your business name bruin lawn care or natchez lawn care?

and i assume natchez is your locations name and if so is that how you are registered with google or are you registered as bruin lawn care?

should i create a account with my city's name and then name the channel as my business name?

i am confused to the point where i have a migrane headache.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-16-2013, 06:25 PM
BLC7 BLC7 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 91
Rep Power: 2
BLC7 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpld View Post
well the problem i am having is my business name is registered with google and i opened a new account in youtube with the same name.

when i try to create a channel and it asks for my name i want it tells me that the name i choose will change how i am seen on all google products and when i try to keep the same name it comes up as a invalid or unavailable name.

so my concern is i don't want to screw up how i am found on the google search by coming up with a different name.

i am sure to someone else it may be a very simple solution or maybe i am making too much out of it.

i see when i go to your channel it says natchez lawn care but in the about section it has your name as bruin lawn so my question is, is your business name bruin lawn care or natchez lawn care?

and i assume natchez is your locations name and if so is that how you are registered with google or are you registered as bruin lawn care?

should i create a account with my city's name and then name the channel as my business name?

i am confused to the point where i have a migrane headache.
Easy work around... log into your current youtube account. Change the name in the settings to City Lawn Care/Service.

Put whatever you want in the about section.

To rename your youtube account, do this:

-> Log in
-> Click "My Channel" (top right drop down under your name)
-> Click "Channel Settings" (top left)
-> Click "Info and Settings"
-> Change your channel name

That's all there is to it. Don't worry about creating another youtube channel.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-16-2013, 10:34 PM
EL Nino Patio EL Nino Patio is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
Rep Power: 0
EL Nino Patio is on a distinguished road
Default

YouTube has got to be my FAVORITE way of advertising. I get a kick out of thinking up ideas, recording them and producing them. It's really not all that hard guys. If you have a Windows PC, you've likely already got Windows Movie Maker.

Here is one of my favorites. I post it to my website and Facebook page for my business and then share it on my personal Facebook page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VSPIH3ce28

Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-17-2013, 08:19 AM
dpld dpld is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 885
Rep Power: 0
dpld is on a distinguished road
Default

http://youtu.be/JtUKhEtR85M



this is a little half @zzed clip i put together using some pics of the properties i have worked on over the years.
it is pretty basic and i am not very good yet at doing these things yet.

even the web site i made is atrocious but i will have some better qualified people taking over that job for me.

as is i said earlier i am kind of re re inventing my business after 23 years and by doing so i got to get with the program and do things the modern way in order to make that happen because things like marketing have changed greatly over the last 10 years to the point where i am like a fish out of the water,

i got spoiled from working with management co's the last several years to the point where the times have passed me by.

but the good news is outside of educating myself on how to do these things i have built up hundreds of images of my work over the years so everything you see in this cheesy clip i made was done by me and are either current or past customers.

if any of you watch it, let me know what you think of my stone man sitting on the rock i made 10 years ago.

Last edited by dpld; 01-17-2013 at 08:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-17-2013, 12:39 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 36,303
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
if any of you watch it, let me know what you think of my stone man sitting on the rock i made 10 years ago.
That is very creative and unique! How did you make that?
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-17-2013, 01:08 PM
BLC7 BLC7 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 91
Rep Power: 2
BLC7 is on a distinguished road
Default

Cool video.

Let us know when your new site is finished. Would love to check it out. What company are you using for the design?


Quote:
Originally Posted by dpld View Post
http://youtu.be/JtUKhEtR85M



this is a little half @zzed clip i put together using some pics of the properties i have worked on over the years.
it is pretty basic and i am not very good yet at doing these things yet.

even the web site i made is atrocious but i will have some better qualified people taking over that job for me.

as is i said earlier i am kind of re re inventing my business after 23 years and by doing so i got to get with the program and do things the modern way in order to make that happen because things like marketing have changed greatly over the last 10 years to the point where i am like a fish out of the water,

i got spoiled from working with management co's the last several years to the point where the times have passed me by.

but the good news is outside of educating myself on how to do these things i have built up hundreds of images of my work over the years so everything you see in this cheesy clip i made was done by me and are either current or past customers.

if any of you watch it, let me know what you think of my stone man sitting on the rock i made 10 years ago.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-17-2013, 02:20 PM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC7 View Post
Text
TheLawnBoy
to
90210

.
how do you set this up?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Next step.. Expanding help! Andrew's Landscaping Starting a lawn care business. 18 01-19-2012 02:52 PM
First step to legitimacy Hedgemaster General Talk 34 01-27-2011 02:11 AM
Getting Started, Next Step? MAllenT Starting a lawn care business. 7 06-19-2010 11:55 AM
Modular step installation Steve Tree Care, Irrigation, Landscaping, Hardscapes 3 03-10-2007 04:51 AM
Creating a 5 Step Steve Gopher Software Support Archived Question & Answers - Read Only 10 12-31-2004 08:30 AM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Walk Behinds and Texas...
SGL1
Yesterday 03:53 PM
Today 09:33 PM
by Just for Cuts
4 98
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 11:18 AM
Today 08:33 PM
by kurtwin
1,187 331,032
Sod
RosalesLawnCare
Today 03:47 PM
Today 03:47 PM
by RosalesLawnCare
0 33
Help pricing cut down 7...
Bradcook21
Yesterday 11:17 PM
Today 03:16 PM
by jrs.landscaping
4 92
Stihl engine isn't...
Marcintosh
08-12-2014 08:30 PM
Today 02:46 PM
by Just for Cuts
9 350
Exmark Lazer Z S-Series...
BLC7
08-22-2014 10:18 AM
Today 02:00 PM
by stevef1201
6 201
Lawn needs top soil What...
jymie
Yesterday 11:01 AM
Today 12:43 PM
by Steve
3 105
Softball field
kslawn
08-15-2014 09:28 AM
Today 07:02 AM
by kslawn
15 473
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
03-22-2014 09:12 AM
Yesterday 04:21 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
110 6,458
How do I approach...
Bradcook21
08-21-2014 01:48 AM
Yesterday 05:08 AM
by Billy Goat
12 381
Tender Process
M2Dave
08-24-2014 12:31 PM
08-25-2014 04:14 PM
by Steve
2 128
Grass hopper mower
ExtremeLawncareServices
12-05-2013 08:51 AM
08-25-2014 04:02 PM
by Steve
26 3,747
Need help pricing basic...
Bradcook21
08-22-2014 01:21 AM
08-22-2014 01:05 PM
by Steve
2 182
Yearly contract Pricing
jrob0691
08-21-2014 08:57 AM
08-22-2014 01:01 PM
by Steve
6 243
yearly contract help...
jrob0691
08-21-2014 04:09 PM
08-22-2014 12:48 PM
by Steve
1 137
Pampas bushes
Bradcook21
08-22-2014 01:30 AM
08-22-2014 07:17 AM
by grassdoctore
1 118
2014 Gie-expo
ExtremeLawncareServices
08-19-2014 11:22 PM
08-21-2014 08:50 PM
by phlawncare
2 165
Fuel Can Spouts
Shark1611
08-16-2014 09:09 AM
08-21-2014 08:23 PM
by SGL1
11 396
Have you ever had to...
SouthernRootsLawnCare
07-26-2014 02:41 PM
08-21-2014 05:03 PM
by stevef1201
6 668
Hello
M2Dave
08-21-2014 12:32 AM
08-21-2014 01:38 PM
by Steve
1 117
New Landscaping Business
rekon32
08-16-2014 02:26 PM
08-21-2014 12:33 PM
by SouthallMowing
8 451
Downed Tree Chop Bid
WesleySnips
08-16-2014 03:47 PM
08-20-2014 01:44 PM
by SGL1
10 425
60 inch honda/bunton...
pblawncare
08-17-2014 11:30 AM
08-18-2014 03:19 PM
by Steve
2 185
Replacement Parts -...
nicholas-KC
08-16-2014 08:40 AM
08-18-2014 03:16 PM
by Steve
4 280
Preparing the soil
Billy Goat
08-16-2014 06:18 PM
08-18-2014 03:01 PM
by Steve
1 192
What to pay help
phlawncare
08-04-2014 08:33 PM
08-18-2014 10:33 AM
by jrs.landscaping
29 1,006
Hello
Jeff1
08-07-2014 11:18 PM
08-15-2014 11:53 PM
by Jeff1
11 495
Lie #2 RESIDENTIAL...
ExtremeLawncareServices
01-06-2014 05:02 AM
08-15-2014 01:46 PM
by mattthelawnguy
54 6,567
Need help 30 HP koler...
Shady Grady
08-01-2014 03:31 PM
08-15-2014 08:46 AM
by kslawn
18 677
New Boomless Sprayer!
BlackRain75
01-03-2014 01:01 PM
08-14-2014 02:37 AM
by BlackRain75
12 1,845
first year update
cmdlawncare
08-12-2014 05:41 PM
08-13-2014 03:29 PM
by Steve
1 289
Hello from Jacksonville,...
JM Lawn Care
08-10-2014 07:15 AM
08-13-2014 07:04 AM
by Sprinkler Buddy
9 395
Hello everyone new to...
maddyandrays
08-11-2014 04:51 PM
08-12-2014 08:58 PM
by Shark1611
2 241
Walk behinds
hpruitcei
08-07-2014 06:28 PM
08-12-2014 02:35 PM
by mattthelawnguy
7 507
New name help
stevef1201
08-10-2014 04:27 PM
08-12-2014 12:03 PM
by Steve
6 391
my little green dilemmas
Lawn Techie
08-03-2014 11:47 AM
08-11-2014 01:20 PM
by Steve
7 499
what the best...
CleanCutsLLC
08-02-2014 01:02 AM
08-11-2014 01:16 PM
by Steve
6 519
Texas lawn care company...
Livingston Lawn Care
07-25-2014 11:29 AM
08-11-2014 01:19 AM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
13 787
Covering all the bases
janslawncare
08-08-2014 10:11 AM
08-08-2014 01:41 PM
by Steve
1 331
New from Florida
ADE
08-06-2014 08:40 PM
08-08-2014 01:32 PM
by Steve
4 407
JOB - Landscape Install...
janslawncare
08-08-2014 10:06 AM
08-08-2014 10:06 AM
by janslawncare
0 289
Battery power tools or...
Steve
08-07-2014 12:24 PM
08-07-2014 05:18 PM
by mattthelawnguy
2 295
My client just told me...
Greg'slawnandlandscape
08-04-2014 08:39 AM
08-06-2014 11:14 PM
by grassdoctore
12 639
Illegal spraying
GoGreenerKS
07-04-2014 09:11 AM
08-06-2014 02:03 PM
by Steve
13 1,273
Mowing the hills
EyeCatchersNow
07-08-2014 12:22 PM
08-06-2014 01:40 PM
by Steve
20 1,495
Crop Rotation Techniques...
eastsidelandcare
07-17-2014 03:47 PM
08-06-2014 10:29 AM
by eastsidelandcare
5 684
Late charge
Simon Abousaada
07-30-2014 07:23 PM
08-05-2014 06:46 PM
by TheBeast
12 900
buy out a lawn care...
rvezakis
08-05-2014 01:38 PM
08-05-2014 06:40 PM
by TheBeast
10 629
Please help
unitedlawncare48867
03-26-2014 08:29 PM
08-05-2014 05:27 PM
by TheBeast
27 1,701
Help with Estimate
donslawns
08-02-2014 09:10 AM
08-05-2014 02:24 PM
by Steve
6 568
» Popular Tags
4wd 34'' advertisement apartment complex auger bid blades butterfly gardens charge credit card customers exmark ferris financing first truck georgia gopherhaul grass gravely growing a lawn care business health holiday holiday decorating how much to charge john deere quik trac kansas city landscape services lawn lawn care lawn care busines plan lawn care business podcast lawn care business seo lawn care business show lawn care business website lawn care business website seo lawn care website lawn care website seo leaf lighting marketing mechanic monthly mow mulch mulch price new and restored landscapes new buisness new business patio install payment podcast property management company pto savannah scag schedule scripts seo snow plowing starting a business start up lawn care business stihl toro toro grand stand trailer tree care trimmer rack walker winter winter services
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 PM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 PM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy