Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Business > Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review!

Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review! Lawn Care Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations Discussion.

How I found TOO Many Customers! AND YOU CAN TOO (Step by Step)


Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review!

Lawn Care Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations Discussion.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #21  
Old 01-15-2013, 08:45 PM
patrick6411 patrick6411 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 106
Rep Power: 5
patrick6411 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC7 View Post
To get multiple listings you'll need more than 1 places listing verified by google, and then build numerous citations to each of the places listing which shows Google you're 'legit' and relevant....

Its a time consuming process, but I have a special branch of my web team that concentrates solely on citations.

To do it yourself, you would nee to find 50-75 different places to start such as manta, yelp, yahoo,etc and submit the business info to each.

But I prefer paying some to do it for me BC its a lot of work...
Elaborate a little more please.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #22  
Old 01-15-2013, 08:57 PM
BLC7 BLC7 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 96
Rep Power: 4
BLC7 is on a distinguished road
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick6411 View Post
Elaborate a little more please.
Sure... elaborate on which part? Can you give me some specific questions you'd like addressed?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-16-2013, 12:41 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 38,039
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
I'm considering implementing this, but haven't decided whether I will or not.
What are the pros or cons do you feel to implementing a text marketing campaign? What keeps you on the fence about it? Does it just come down to whether or not you want to letter your truck to promote it?
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-16-2013, 12:59 PM
BLC7 BLC7 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 96
Rep Power: 4
BLC7 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
What are the pros or cons do you feel to implementing a text marketing campaign? What keeps you on the fence about it? Does it just come down to whether or not you want to letter your truck to promote it?
I'm not going to letter my truck. What has me on the fence is how to promote the number other than on my site, and whether I want to invest in "stick signs" to put around town.

I will be tapped out at about 25 yards. If I were planning on building this business with as many yards as possible, it would be a no-brainer.

I'm more than likely going to implement this, just trying to figure out the best way.

Last edited by BLC7; 01-16-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-16-2013, 01:48 PM
dpld dpld is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 885
Rep Power: 0
dpld is on a distinguished road
Default

when you say you started a youtube account is this different from a normal account when you sign up for youtube?

if it is the same, can you make changes to your existing account?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-16-2013, 02:35 PM
dpld dpld is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 885
Rep Power: 0
dpld is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC7 View Post
I'm not going to letter my truck. What has me on the fence is how to promote the number other than on my site, and whether I want to invest in "stick signs" to put around town.

I will be tapped out at about 25 yards. If I were planning on building this business with as many yards as possible, it would be a no-brainer.

I'm more than likely going to implement this, just trying to figure out the best way.
why would you not letter your truck?
considering that it serves as a easy way to promote your business as well as mobile and not stationary like a sign that is at the mercy of anyone seeing it driving by as well as a stick sign falling down or getting removed.

i don't dispute some of the methods you have described in this thread and i myself have been in business for 23 years and the way you attract new business and get exposure today vs when i started 23 years ago is as different as night and day.

but my concern in some of your methods is you are flooding the web with your information which suggests you want to gain work and be noticed but you seem to be not so concerned about some of the time tested methods that are still used today that compliment the work you are doing as well as is a final sealing of the deal that gives you credibility in your service area's.

as i said i been in business a good long while and i have been doing strictly commercial work for about the last 8 years and i want to get back into servicing the high end multi million dollar homes i used to do because i have found that the dynamic is changing and in preparation to making the transition to balance out my client base i need to modernize how i do things.

when i started my business, if you were in the phone book and had a ad in a couple newspapers as well as did some mail marketing you were set and it pretty much opened the floodgates for you but today print ads and postcard mailings are a complete waste of time and about the only old method that is still viable today is having a actual business line where you get a free listing in the phone book where people can find your number on the net as well as in directory assistance.

i know anyone on this site that is familiar with my posting history knows that i am not a fan of working for home owners and it may appear like i am eating crow or something by changing my stance on that.
but in all fairness to myself the type of home owners that i am targeting as well as worked for in the past are huge multi million dollar homes with acerage that generally cost in the range of 10 k a year or more to maintain.
the type of people who have no budget restraints and want the best of everything that are well into 6 digit incomes or more.

i currently have a web site that i put together a while back when i made the decision to make a transition back to home owners and although it gets the point across it is very basic and after the fact i came to the conclusion that it is hard on the eyes and does not have all of what i want on it.
but at the same time, i am a landscaper and i am not very savvy with a computer so for the time being it is what it is and i have already contacted some people who are professionals in web site design and i will soon be having a real pro get that situated for me so i can get the eyesore put to bed.

but on top of that i have to create some videos and get on facebook, youtube and kind of get with the program on doing things the modern way through the internet.
luckily i was already registered with google and had a account with them but up until recently i never really took full advantage of that because i work closely with management co's and really have had not had to do much marketing.

one other thing i am fortunate to have is tons of images from properties that i have worked on so when i do put out videos i do not have to use stock images and i can have full confidence that there will be no smoke and mirrors or deception to my videos because the work is all my own and even if they are not currently customers all the work in the images have my personal signature on them.
also, don't get me wrong, i know someone starting out like yourself may have to rely on using stock images because you have yet to build up a client resume so to speak and there is nothing wrong with that and you got to do what you got to do so i am not knocking anyone.

Last edited by dpld; 01-16-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-16-2013, 02:40 PM
BLC7 BLC7 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 96
Rep Power: 4
BLC7 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpld View Post
when you say you started a youtube account is this different from a normal account when you sign up for youtube?

if it is the same, can you make changes to your existing account?
You can use an account that you already have.

What I mean is that whenever I enter a new market, I always create a new youtube account with the market keyword.

The reason is because I'm in 2 dozen different markets, so I wouldn't upload a lawn service video to an account that has 20 videos about Home Theater installation.

So if you have a youtube account you use for your lawn services, you can just use that.

Or if you want to create a new account, I would name it something like: youtube.com/mycitylawnservices simply for the seo value the keywords create within the youtube url.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-16-2013, 02:52 PM
BLC7 BLC7 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 96
Rep Power: 4
BLC7 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpld View Post
why would you not letter your truck?
considering that it serves as a easy way to promote your business as well as mobile and not stationary like a sign that is at the mercy of anyone seeing it driving by as well as a stick sign falling down or getting removed.

i don't dispute some of the methods you have described in this thread and i myself have been in business for 23 years and the way you attract new business and get exposure today vs when i started 23 years ago is as different as night and day.

but my concern in some of your methods is you are flooding the web with your information which suggests you want to gain work and be noticed but you seem to be not so concerned about some of the time tested methods that are still used today that compliment the work you are doing as well as is a final sealing of the deal that gives you credibility in your service area's.

as i said i been in business a good long while and i have been doing strictly commercial work for about the last 8 years and i want to get back into servicing the high end multi million dollar homes i used to do because i have found that the dynamic is changing and in preparation to making the transition to balance out my client base i need to modernize how i do things.

when i started my business, if you were in the phone book and had a ad in a couple newspapers as well as did some mail marketing you were set and it pretty much opened the floodgates for you but today print ads and postcard mailings are a complete waste of time and about the only old method that is still viable today is having a actual business line where you get a free listing in the phone book where people can find your number on the net as well as in directory assistance.

i know anyone on this site that is familiar with my posting history knows that i am not a fan of working for home owners and it may appear like i am eating crow or something by changing my stance on that.
but in all fairness to myself the type of home owners that i am targeting as well as worked for in the past are huge multi million dollar homes with acerage that generally cost in the range of 10 k a year or more to maintain.
the type of people who have no budget restraints and want the best of everything that are well into 6 digit incomes or more.

i currently have a web site that i put together a while back when i made the decision to make a transition back to home owners and although it gets the point across it is very basic and after the fact i came to the conclusion that it is hard on the eyes and does not have all of what i want on it.
but at the same time, i am a landscaper and i am not very savvy with a computer so for the time being it is what it is and i have already contacted some people who are professionals in web site design and i will soon be having a real pro get that situated for me so i can get the eyesore put to bed.

but on top of that i have to create some videos and get on facebook, youtube and kind of get with the program on doing things the modern way through the internet.
luckily i was already registered with google and had a account with them but up until recently i never really took full advantage of that because i work closely with management co's and really have had not had to do much marketing.

one other thing i am fortunate to have is tons of images from properties that i have worked on so when i do put out videos i do not have to use stock images and i can have full confidence that there will be no smoke and mirrors or deception to my videos because the work is all my own and even if they are not currently customers all the work in the images have my personal signature on them.
also, don't get me wrong, i know someone starting out like yourself may have to rely on using stock images because you have yet to build up a client resume so to speak and there is nothing wrong with that and you got to do what you got to do so i am not knocking anyone.
Thanks for your post.

I'm just not interested in lettering my truck as it's brand new. I will have signs made to put on my trailer, though.


I understand it's incongruent that I'm "flooding" the web with my information, but at the same time limiting the number of yards I'll do.

That's just how I'm doing it, that way, hopefully, I'll have more people calling me than I can handle.

That can never be a bad thing, can it? Maybe I'll sell the leads out, or maybe I'll build a crew. Who knows.

And by the way, I just signed up to an SMS/text marketing program....

If you wanna see what happens when someone texts in for more information, then just text thelawnboy to 90210.

This thing cracks me up.

I just set it up in the last hour, and I'm diggin' it.

Last edited by BLC7; 01-16-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-16-2013, 02:53 PM
dpld dpld is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 885
Rep Power: 0
dpld is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC7 View Post
You can use an account that you already have.

What I mean is that whenever I enter a new market, I always create a new youtube account with the market keyword.

The reason is because I'm in 2 dozen different markets, so I wouldn't upload a lawn service video to an account that has 20 videos about Home Theater installation.

So if you have a youtube account you use for your lawn services, you can just use that.

Or if you want to create a new account, I would name it something like: youtube.com/mycitylawnservices simply for the seo value the keywords create within the youtube url.

i guess i should have mentioned that when i originally signed up to youtube many many moons ago i did so with a generic name unrelated to my business just for standard viewing and posting comments.

so i guess i will have to start a new account.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-16-2013, 02:57 PM
BLC7 BLC7 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 96
Rep Power: 4
BLC7 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpld View Post
i guess i should have mentioned that when i originally signed up to youtube many many moons ago i did so with a generic name unrelated to my business just for standard viewing and posting comments.

so i guess i will have to start a new account.
Either way will work.

If you do a new account, I would definitely use the mycitylawnservice strategy. But that's just me.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Next step.. Expanding help! Andrew's Landscaping Starting a lawn care business. 18 01-19-2012 02:52 PM
First step to legitimacy Hedgemaster General Talk 34 01-27-2011 02:11 AM
Getting Started, Next Step? MAllenT Starting a lawn care business. 7 06-19-2010 11:55 AM
Modular step installation Steve Tree Care, Irrigation, Landscaping, Hardscapes 3 03-10-2007 04:51 AM
Creating a 5 Step Steve Gopher Software Support Archived Question & Answers - Read Only 10 12-31-2004 08:30 AM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Review of our lawn care...
Lawnline
07-12-2016 06:40 PM
Today 10:51 AM
by Steve
7 1,809
Start My Own Business?
mowandblow1980
01-12-2016 07:43 PM
08-25-2016 12:55 PM
by Steve
19 2,135
fliers
joshp
08-19-2016 03:23 PM
08-25-2016 07:16 AM
by Chilehead
6 349
Looking for new host
Just for Cuts
11-26-2015 06:58 AM
08-24-2016 09:05 PM
by Stephen Alberts
10 1,907
Facebook advertising
Just for Cuts
12-13-2015 07:49 AM
08-24-2016 08:59 PM
by Stephen Alberts
14 13,091
Landscaper taking on odd...
WarriorLandscapingCAN
08-07-2016 06:57 PM
08-24-2016 10:27 AM
by Steve
6 558
Breaking into commercial...
SGL1
08-19-2016 07:02 AM
08-24-2016 10:12 AM
by mowandblow1980
7 360
Snow Plow
acrajchel
08-17-2016 10:21 AM
08-22-2016 11:21 AM
by Steve
5 342
Quarter Acre Woodland...
ew411
08-16-2016 06:50 AM
08-18-2016 12:25 PM
by Steve
4 330
Bidding Bushhogging
acrajchel
08-15-2016 11:52 AM
08-17-2016 05:32 PM
by acrajchel
4 322
Hello From the Florida...
KevinShuman
08-15-2016 08:57 PM
08-16-2016 01:52 PM
by SC93
2 318
I'm making stupid money...
WarriorLandscapingCAN
08-07-2016 07:07 PM
08-16-2016 12:42 AM
by SC93
5 610
A quick Intro
BLE
08-14-2016 05:17 PM
08-15-2016 10:54 AM
by acrajchel
2 316
New Customer - Gettting...
acrajchel
08-05-2016 05:00 PM
08-15-2016 10:52 AM
by acrajchel
4 585
helping out a friend set...
Doug D
08-13-2016 11:33 AM
08-15-2016 09:45 AM
by Steve
1 329
Small bed job
Bradcook21
08-09-2016 09:52 PM
08-10-2016 03:51 PM
by Steve
1 447
Hello from NoVa
jtwlawn
08-03-2016 11:20 AM
08-09-2016 10:45 AM
by jtwlawn
4 580
How much to charge for...
jymie
03-31-2013 05:59 PM
08-08-2016 04:33 PM
by Steve
27 6,642
Needing a website built
burtle
06-17-2015 09:02 AM
08-07-2016 10:21 AM
by Just for Cuts
18 19,810
New Site Hows it look
Infinitelawn
03-16-2015 10:32 AM
08-07-2016 08:37 AM
by Lawnline
8 11,280
Hey guys! Greetings from...
thegardener
08-05-2016 05:45 AM
08-05-2016 03:26 PM
by Steve
1 492
First Time Bidding-Need...
capitallawncrew
08-01-2016 08:30 AM
08-03-2016 09:52 AM
by Steve
3 623
Show us your stripes
Just for Cuts
05-21-2015 03:07 PM
08-01-2016 08:28 PM
by ExclusiveLawns
7 3,789
String trim BEFORE mow...
Mr. Mow
04-12-2015 08:13 AM
07-31-2016 10:36 AM
by joshp
13 5,934
» Popular Tags
apartment become an entrepreneur best mower be your own boss bidding break business business education business help business management complex contractor hacks contracts deck lift dethatcher edging entrepreneur entrepreneur education estimate estimates fuel problems fuel pump half moon blade intro introduction jjandm lawncare l.t.rich landscape landscape design landscaping landscaping design company landscaping richmond va landscping lawn lawncare lawnservice lowering grade marketing mulch planting raising grade residential lawn care richmond va richmond virginia lawn care safety scag snowblower snow plowing snow shovel sprayer start a business start a lawn care business start business start up toro timecutter townhome tree tree service video web design websites what to charge work from home z-max z-spray
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 PM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 PM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy