Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Property Management Forums > Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job

Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job
If you need help coming up with a bid for a lawn care, landscaping, tree cutting or irrigation job, post the specifics here and pictures of the job site. If you are looking to learn about bidding, review the jobs posted here.

Costs for snow removal


Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job

If you need help coming up with a bid for a lawn care, landscaping, tree cutting or irrigation job, post the specifics here and pictures of the job site. If you are looking to learn about bidding, review the jobs posted here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 11-26-2012, 04:49 PM
LawnCareMan280's Avatar
LawnCareMan280 LawnCareMan280 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 242
Rep Power: 3
LawnCareMan280 is on a distinguished road
Question Costs for snow removal

Hi all forum members. I just went around looking for snow removal jobs in my neighborhood but my question is how much do I cost I have measured my driveways and they are 75 inches long. so how much do I cost charge? I only have a Toro Power Max 2 stage snowblower. So if you guys have any estimations please post them here!


Thanks LawnCareMan280
__________________
Travis: owner of Travis' lawn care

(Making your lawn look the best!)
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 11-26-2012, 05:30 PM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
75 inches? hmm some subway.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-27-2012, 08:14 AM
yourscape yourscape is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 86
Rep Power: 4
yourscape is on a distinguished road
Default

I am new this year too. What I am doing as far as estimates are charging and initial fee of $20 a drive way, $5 for front walks and $5 for sidewalks. I am doing this for snow blowing and plowing. This will include the first 1/2 hr. If it takes longer it changes to a flat rate of $60 and hr in 15 min increments. Feedback is appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-27-2012, 09:26 AM
willshome willshome is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mass
Posts: 865
Rep Power: 0
willshome is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourscape View Post
I am new this year too. What I am doing as far as estimates are charging and initial fee of $20 a drive way, $5 for front walks and $5 for sidewalks. I am doing this for snow blowing and plowing. This will include the first 1/2 hr. If it takes longer it changes to a flat rate of $60 and hr in 15 min increments. Feedback is appreciated.
I would talk to people around you, that sounds way to low for walkways and sidewalks. Most plowers do not want to get out of their trucks. I can plow 3 to 4 driveways in the time I can unload and blow a sidewalk. Around here plow drives get $60 to $75 an hour (with their own truck) working for someone
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-27-2012, 12:41 PM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshome View Post
I would talk to people around you, that sounds way to low for walkways and sidewalks. Most plowers do not want to get out of their trucks. I can plow 3 to 4 driveways in the time I can unload and blow a sidewalk. Around here plow drives get $60 to $75 an hour (with their own truck) working for someone
I pay subs $60-$80 a hour. I had some tell me a $100. The key here is hes snow blowing. Snow blowing is a premium time consuming service. You should be at least 25% more then a plowed drive.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-27-2012, 12:57 PM
LawnBoy0311 LawnBoy0311 is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,169
Rep Power: 0
LawnBoy0311 is on a distinguished road
Default

For 75 inches, why not just dump a bucket of hot water on it????
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-27-2012, 03:46 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 37,506
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Have you checked around to see what kind of price ranges there are for snow removal? Maybe look on craigslist and see what others are advertising?

Next, have you removed snow from your own driveway using the method you are talking about? How long did it take you?

When you know how long it takes you, can you multiply that by your hourly operating costs? That could help get you started.
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-27-2012, 04:11 PM
yourscape yourscape is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 86
Rep Power: 4
yourscape is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECTLANDSCAPING View Post
I pay subs $60-$80 a hour. I had some tell me a $100. The key here is hes snow blowing. Snow blowing is a premium time consuming service. You should be at least 25% more then a plowed drive.
Residential:

As of right now this is what I am charging my current lawn customers. I am considering just seasonal customers $25 a driveway and $10 for walks of driveway and $15 for both front and side walks. I am a one man crew and the only worker. I do have an additional worker for bigger storms. I do not currently have any commercial accounts.

Around here I am seeing $25 a push and they will not get out of there trucks. I am trying to establish customers that are needing walks done mainly older people.

I do not want to be a low baller but I have established a lot of good paying lawn customers and want to show appreciation for prompt payment.

I like the feedback keep it coming!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-27-2012, 06:20 PM
LawnCareMan280's Avatar
LawnCareMan280 LawnCareMan280 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 242
Rep Power: 3
LawnCareMan280 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Have you checked around to see what kind of price ranges there are for snow removal? Maybe look on craigslist and see what others are advertising?

Next, have you removed snow from your own driveway using the method you are talking about? How long did it take you?

When you know how long it takes you, can you multiply that by your hourly operating costs? That could help get you started.
No but I will check
__________________
Travis: owner of Travis' lawn care

(Making your lawn look the best!)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-27-2012, 06:52 PM
LawnCareMan280's Avatar
LawnCareMan280 LawnCareMan280 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 242
Rep Power: 3
LawnCareMan280 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourscape View Post
Residential:

As of right now this is what I am charging my current lawn customers. I am considering just seasonal customers $25 a driveway and $10 for walks of driveway and $15 for both front and side walks. I am a one man crew and the only worker. I do have an additional worker for bigger storms. I do not currently have any commercial accounts.

Around here I am seeing $25 a push and they will not get out of there trucks. I am trying to establish customers that are needing walks done mainly older people.

I do not want to be a low baller but I have established a lot of good paying lawn customers and want to show appreciation for prompt payment.

I like the feedback keep it coming!!!!
I am the only worker too I only snoblow Because i am only 12 so I can't drive
__________________
Travis: owner of Travis' lawn care

(Making your lawn look the best!)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to upsell snow removal services - GopherHaul 50 Snow Plow Show Steve GopherHaul Lawn Care Business Show, Video, Book & Podcast Discussions. 0 12-05-2009 06:03 PM
How to upsell snow removal services - GopherHaul 50 Snow Plow Show Steve Lawn Care Business Marketing - GopherHaul Forum News 0 12-05-2009 06:02 PM
Snow removal biggdoggservices General Business Discussions 17 10-12-2009 10:22 AM
How should I bid this job? Snow removal platinum lawncare Community Assistance 1 10-05-2008 01:54 PM
Snow Removal? Do I need to? ritchiem General Business Discussions 3 10-05-2008 09:35 AM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
I came across this on a...
rootytalbot
Yesterday 11:04 AM
Yesterday 06:16 PM
by Chilehead
2 57
Help bidding a hedge...
hopolb33
Yesterday 06:09 PM
Yesterday 06:09 PM
by hopolb33
0 28
scag SWZT review!
mattthelawnguy
07-23-2015 02:28 PM
08-01-2015 11:27 AM
by mattthelawnguy
10 405
Big mowing job
Bradcook21
07-30-2015 03:57 PM
07-31-2015 01:16 PM
by Bradcook21
6 147
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 11:18 AM
07-31-2015 12:29 PM
by Steve
1,227 401,525
Hello Everybody
budspop
07-30-2015 11:42 AM
07-31-2015 12:28 PM
by Steve
1 64
Should I buy this Exmark...
googus
07-03-2015 09:22 AM
07-31-2015 11:34 AM
by googus
9 604
Hello!
brandycarlton
07-29-2015 12:31 PM
07-29-2015 03:54 PM
by Steve
1 140
Assessing the Market
NJDB60
07-27-2015 03:25 PM
07-28-2015 09:24 PM
by Steve
2 256
Whats wrong with this...
GreenWorx
07-28-2015 07:56 PM
07-28-2015 09:09 PM
by Steve
2 237
Funny craigslist post
GreenWorx
07-28-2015 07:17 PM
07-28-2015 09:02 PM
by Steve
2 247
Watch out for this -...
rootytalbot
07-22-2015 02:13 PM
07-28-2015 09:00 PM
by Steve
7 401
NewVenture
NJDB60
07-27-2015 03:38 PM
07-28-2015 08:58 PM
by Steve
1 231
Pricing issue
Mr. Mow
07-07-2015 06:15 AM
07-27-2015 06:40 PM
by GreenWorx
17 797
how to make customers...
Bradcook21
05-27-2015 05:04 PM
07-27-2015 06:08 PM
by GreenWorx
15 2,974
Need your help, Gopher...
Chilehead
07-23-2015 07:02 PM
07-27-2015 11:28 AM
by Steve
11 388
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
01-11-2015 10:41 AM
07-27-2015 11:22 AM
by Steve
94 10,479
Dogs
Mr. Mow
06-29-2015 02:37 PM
07-25-2015 07:50 AM
by Chilehead
12 2,438
Just about mid year, how...
GreenWorx
06-24-2015 07:05 PM
07-22-2015 07:31 PM
by Chilehead
14 2,510
Learning as I grow -...
WarriorLandscapingCAN
07-18-2015 07:46 AM
07-21-2015 10:53 AM
by Steve
3 327
Large dirt mound removal
purdue1973
07-09-2015 07:45 PM
07-20-2015 12:55 PM
by Steve
6 471
Hey everyone
Fantasy landscaping
07-09-2015 06:53 AM
07-09-2015 11:47 AM
by Steve
1 342
Quickbooks Online
jscarolina
07-08-2015 07:54 AM
07-08-2015 12:55 PM
by Nate10928
1 366
I dont know what to do...
Bradcook21
06-21-2015 08:49 AM
07-07-2015 09:48 PM
by SGL1
16 2,766
Start LIKING FACEBOOK...
rlclawncare123
02-26-2015 12:06 AM
07-07-2015 02:54 PM
by GreenWorx
13 3,704
Is it too late to do...
markty
06-16-2015 05:28 PM
07-07-2015 01:00 PM
by problem solver
9 2,511
Hi everyone
Mattw
07-06-2015 05:59 PM
07-07-2015 10:18 AM
by Steve
1 364
4th of July parade...
Steve
07-06-2015 10:35 AM
07-06-2015 10:35 AM
by Steve
0 314
Unemployment rates drop,...
Steve
07-02-2015 12:40 PM
07-06-2015 10:30 AM
by Steve
4 488
» Popular Tags
accounting ad landscaping aerocore applying bark billy goat brushcutter blowout bob villa bush collections contract help curb appeal services deliquentaccounts demonstration design door hangers edging employee problems equipment dealer facebook financials flyers foreman free advertising google growing a lawn care business hardscapes hiring how to hydro increase customers invoicing jobs landscape services landscaping landscaping training lawn care lawn care busines plan lawn mowing marketing more customers business mulch new business ordinance past due patio install per hour charge per hour service plowing pricing profit on employee quickbooks quickbooks online scag sell the vision seo shreaded snow plowing solo square foot swzt tree pics up sell employee walk behind web design website website design winterization wood www.greenturion.co.za
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy