Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Property Management Forums > Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job

Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job
If you need help coming up with a bid for a lawn care, landscaping, tree cutting or irrigation job, post the specifics here and pictures of the job site. If you are looking to learn about bidding, review the jobs posted here.

Costs for snow removal


Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job

If you need help coming up with a bid for a lawn care, landscaping, tree cutting or irrigation job, post the specifics here and pictures of the job site. If you are looking to learn about bidding, review the jobs posted here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 11-26-2012, 04:49 PM
LawnCareMan280's Avatar
LawnCareMan280 LawnCareMan280 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 243
Rep Power: 4
LawnCareMan280 is on a distinguished road
Question Costs for snow removal

Hi all forum members. I just went around looking for snow removal jobs in my neighborhood but my question is how much do I cost I have measured my driveways and they are 75 inches long. so how much do I cost charge? I only have a Toro Power Max 2 stage snowblower. So if you guys have any estimations please post them here!


Thanks LawnCareMan280
__________________
Travis: owner of Travis' lawn care

(Making your lawn look the best!)
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 11-26-2012, 05:30 PM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
75 inches? hmm some subway.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-27-2012, 08:14 AM
yourscape yourscape is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 86
Rep Power: 5
yourscape is on a distinguished road
Default

I am new this year too. What I am doing as far as estimates are charging and initial fee of $20 a drive way, $5 for front walks and $5 for sidewalks. I am doing this for snow blowing and plowing. This will include the first 1/2 hr. If it takes longer it changes to a flat rate of $60 and hr in 15 min increments. Feedback is appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-27-2012, 09:26 AM
willshome willshome is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mass
Posts: 865
Rep Power: 0
willshome is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourscape View Post
I am new this year too. What I am doing as far as estimates are charging and initial fee of $20 a drive way, $5 for front walks and $5 for sidewalks. I am doing this for snow blowing and plowing. This will include the first 1/2 hr. If it takes longer it changes to a flat rate of $60 and hr in 15 min increments. Feedback is appreciated.
I would talk to people around you, that sounds way to low for walkways and sidewalks. Most plowers do not want to get out of their trucks. I can plow 3 to 4 driveways in the time I can unload and blow a sidewalk. Around here plow drives get $60 to $75 an hour (with their own truck) working for someone
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-27-2012, 12:41 PM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshome View Post
I would talk to people around you, that sounds way to low for walkways and sidewalks. Most plowers do not want to get out of their trucks. I can plow 3 to 4 driveways in the time I can unload and blow a sidewalk. Around here plow drives get $60 to $75 an hour (with their own truck) working for someone
I pay subs $60-$80 a hour. I had some tell me a $100. The key here is hes snow blowing. Snow blowing is a premium time consuming service. You should be at least 25% more then a plowed drive.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-27-2012, 12:57 PM
LawnBoy0311 LawnBoy0311 is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,169
Rep Power: 0
LawnBoy0311 is on a distinguished road
Default

For 75 inches, why not just dump a bucket of hot water on it????
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-27-2012, 03:46 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 38,043
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Have you checked around to see what kind of price ranges there are for snow removal? Maybe look on craigslist and see what others are advertising?

Next, have you removed snow from your own driveway using the method you are talking about? How long did it take you?

When you know how long it takes you, can you multiply that by your hourly operating costs? That could help get you started.
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-27-2012, 04:11 PM
yourscape yourscape is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 86
Rep Power: 5
yourscape is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECTLANDSCAPING View Post
I pay subs $60-$80 a hour. I had some tell me a $100. The key here is hes snow blowing. Snow blowing is a premium time consuming service. You should be at least 25% more then a plowed drive.
Residential:

As of right now this is what I am charging my current lawn customers. I am considering just seasonal customers $25 a driveway and $10 for walks of driveway and $15 for both front and side walks. I am a one man crew and the only worker. I do have an additional worker for bigger storms. I do not currently have any commercial accounts.

Around here I am seeing $25 a push and they will not get out of there trucks. I am trying to establish customers that are needing walks done mainly older people.

I do not want to be a low baller but I have established a lot of good paying lawn customers and want to show appreciation for prompt payment.

I like the feedback keep it coming!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-27-2012, 06:20 PM
LawnCareMan280's Avatar
LawnCareMan280 LawnCareMan280 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 243
Rep Power: 4
LawnCareMan280 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Have you checked around to see what kind of price ranges there are for snow removal? Maybe look on craigslist and see what others are advertising?

Next, have you removed snow from your own driveway using the method you are talking about? How long did it take you?

When you know how long it takes you, can you multiply that by your hourly operating costs? That could help get you started.
No but I will check
__________________
Travis: owner of Travis' lawn care

(Making your lawn look the best!)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-27-2012, 06:52 PM
LawnCareMan280's Avatar
LawnCareMan280 LawnCareMan280 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 243
Rep Power: 4
LawnCareMan280 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourscape View Post
Residential:

As of right now this is what I am charging my current lawn customers. I am considering just seasonal customers $25 a driveway and $10 for walks of driveway and $15 for both front and side walks. I am a one man crew and the only worker. I do have an additional worker for bigger storms. I do not currently have any commercial accounts.

Around here I am seeing $25 a push and they will not get out of there trucks. I am trying to establish customers that are needing walks done mainly older people.

I do not want to be a low baller but I have established a lot of good paying lawn customers and want to show appreciation for prompt payment.

I like the feedback keep it coming!!!!
I am the only worker too I only snoblow Because i am only 12 so I can't drive
__________________
Travis: owner of Travis' lawn care

(Making your lawn look the best!)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to upsell snow removal services - GopherHaul 50 Snow Plow Show Steve GopherHaul Lawn Care Business Show, Video, Book & Podcast Discussions. 0 12-05-2009 06:03 PM
How to upsell snow removal services - GopherHaul 50 Snow Plow Show Steve Lawn Care Business Marketing - GopherHaul Forum News 0 12-05-2009 06:02 PM
Snow removal biggdoggservices General Business Discussions 17 10-12-2009 10:22 AM
How should I bid this job? Snow removal platinum lawncare Community Assistance 1 10-05-2008 01:54 PM
Snow Removal? Do I need to? ritchiem General Business Discussions 3 10-05-2008 09:35 AM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
My Invention
biglee
01-11-2015 06:51 PM
Today 02:47 PM
by Steve
21 2,901
fliers
joshp
08-19-2016 03:23 PM
Yesterday 07:47 PM
by SC93
11 727
fert/lawn programs
joshp
08-28-2016 10:43 AM
Yesterday 03:27 PM
by acrajchel
2 274
Landscaper taking on odd...
WarriorLandscapingCAN
08-07-2016 06:57 PM
08-28-2016 10:31 AM
by joshp
7 878
Review of our lawn care...
Lawnline
07-12-2016 06:40 PM
08-27-2016 10:51 AM
by Steve
7 1,855
Start My Own Business?
mowandblow1980
01-12-2016 07:43 PM
08-25-2016 12:55 PM
by Steve
19 2,201
Looking for new host
Just for Cuts
11-26-2015 06:58 AM
08-24-2016 09:05 PM
by Stephen Alberts
10 1,947
Facebook advertising
Just for Cuts
12-13-2015 07:49 AM
08-24-2016 08:59 PM
by Stephen Alberts
14 13,150
Breaking into commercial...
SGL1
08-19-2016 07:02 AM
08-24-2016 10:12 AM
by mowandblow1980
7 674
Snow Plow
acrajchel
08-17-2016 10:21 AM
08-22-2016 11:21 AM
by Steve
5 644
Quarter Acre Woodland...
ew411
08-16-2016 06:50 AM
08-18-2016 12:25 PM
by Steve
4 626
Bidding Bushhogging
acrajchel
08-15-2016 11:52 AM
08-17-2016 05:32 PM
by acrajchel
4 623
Hello From the Florida...
KevinShuman
08-15-2016 08:57 PM
08-16-2016 01:52 PM
by SC93
2 616
I'm making stupid money...
WarriorLandscapingCAN
08-07-2016 07:07 PM
08-16-2016 12:42 AM
by SC93
5 922
A quick Intro
BLE
08-14-2016 05:17 PM
08-15-2016 10:54 AM
by acrajchel
2 609
New Customer - Gettting...
acrajchel
08-05-2016 05:00 PM
08-15-2016 10:52 AM
by acrajchel
4 883
helping out a friend set...
Doug D
08-13-2016 11:33 AM
08-15-2016 09:45 AM
by Steve
1 618
Small bed job
Bradcook21
08-09-2016 09:52 PM
08-10-2016 03:51 PM
by Steve
1 738
Hello from NoVa
jtwlawn
08-03-2016 11:20 AM
08-09-2016 10:45 AM
by jtwlawn
4 878
How much to charge for...
jymie
03-31-2013 05:59 PM
08-08-2016 04:33 PM
by Steve
27 6,697
Needing a website built
burtle
06-17-2015 09:02 AM
08-07-2016 10:21 AM
by Just for Cuts
18 19,875
New Site Hows it look
Infinitelawn
03-16-2015 10:32 AM
08-07-2016 08:37 AM
by Lawnline
8 11,334
Hey guys! Greetings from...
thegardener
08-05-2016 05:45 AM
08-05-2016 03:26 PM
by Steve
1 779
First Time Bidding-Need...
capitallawncrew
08-01-2016 08:30 AM
08-03-2016 09:52 AM
by Steve
3 716
Show us your stripes
Just for Cuts
05-21-2015 03:07 PM
08-01-2016 08:28 PM
by ExclusiveLawns
7 3,824
» Popular Tags
apartment become an entrepreneur best mower be your own boss bidding break business business education business help business management complex contractor hacks contracts deck lift dethatcher edging entrepreneur entrepreneur education estimate estimates fuel problems fuel pump half moon blade intro introduction jjandm lawncare l.t.rich landscape landscape design landscaping landscaping design company landscaping richmond va landscping lawn lawncare lawnservice lowering grade marketing mulch planting raising grade residential lawn care richmond va richmond virginia lawn care safety scag snowblower snow plowing snow shovel sprayer start a business start a lawn care business start business start up toro timecutter townhome tree tree service video web design websites what to charge work from home z-max z-spray
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy