Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Property Management Forums > General Talk

General Talk If it doesn't fit anywhere else, post it here.

Are you voting today?


General Talk

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, post it here.
View Poll Results: Are you voting today?
Yes I am voting. 9 81.82%
No I don't vote. 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #21  
Old 11-07-2012, 11:14 AM
dpld dpld is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 885
Rep Power: 0
dpld is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnBoy0311 View Post
When I was a lot younger, in middle school, we had this thing called student council. Some of you may have it, others may not. It's when a student is voted in to be the class president. Every year, these kids would stand infront of all their peers on a podium, and read their speach to the whole class. For us, it was around 100...i think.

Do you know who always won? The kid who said:

"I will put soda machines in every classroom!"

"Recess for half the day!"

"...and I will put a stop to ALL homework!!!"

It has always stuck to me that every 4 years, these campaigns remind me of student council elections.



the sad part is after billions of dollars in campaigning ads for both romney and obama and countless hours of our lives wasted and people around this country complaining about this that and everything else and we basicly have the same exact government as we did monday morning.

same democratic controlled senate, same republican controlled house and the same old blamer in chief as president.

i can see the next campaign mantra in 2015 when biden is running for president, we inherited this mess and its all GWB's fault 8 years after the fact.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #22  
Old 11-07-2012, 11:19 AM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 37,927
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Oh wow is Florida still undecided? This is a hanging chad repeat of Bush - Gore with them.

__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-07-2012, 01:50 PM
wat5150 wat5150 is offline
new member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 604
Rep Power: 0
wat5150 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpld View Post
the sad part is after billions of dollars in campaigning ads for both romney and obama and countless hours of our lives wasted and people around this country complaining about this that and everything else and we basicly have the same exact government as we did monday morning.

same democratic controlled senate, same republican controlled house and the same old blamer in chief as president.

i can see the next campaign mantra in 2015 when biden is running for president, we inherited this mess and its all GWB's fault 8 years after the fact.
This is the end of my political comments on this forum. I just have to say if you dont think a majority of the problems that obama inherited 4 years ago werent George Dubs fault then you must not be able to see outside of a certain party line. DPLD in no way am I criticizing you personally but GWB was a terrible president and i even voted for him the first go round. Again if you are republican and steadfastly adhere to your parties lines then thats how you see it. But to be honest I dont see how people can say that GWB had no part in this mess we are in. Just my 2 cents and no disrespect meant DPLD.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-07-2012, 01:51 PM
WorkForMySelf WorkForMySelf is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 210
Rep Power: 0
WorkForMySelf is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpld View Post
the sad part is after billions of dollars in campaigning ads for both romney and obama and countless hours of our lives wasted and people around this country complaining about this that and everything else and we basicly have the same exact government as we did monday morning.

same democratic controlled senate, same republican controlled house and the same old blamer in chief as president.

i can see the next campaign mantra in 2015 when biden is running for president, we inherited this mess and its all GWB's fault 8 years after the fact.
Even worse, hillary is running 2016..
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-07-2012, 01:55 PM
LawnBoy0311 LawnBoy0311 is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,169
Rep Power: 0
LawnBoy0311 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wat5150 View Post
This is the end of my political comments on this forum. I just have to say if you dont think a majority of the problems that obama inherited 4 years ago werent George Dubs fault then you must not be able to see outside of a certain party line. DPLD in no way am I criticizing you personally but GWB was a terrible president and i even voted for him the first go round. Again if you are republican and steadfastly adhere to your parties lines then thats how you see it. But to be honest I dont see how people can say that GWB had no part in this mess we are in. Just my 2 cents and no disrespect meant DPLD.
Statistics show the economy, no matter what, goes down the pooper every several years. Some years are far worse than others. I don't think Bush had anything to do with the worlds economy. Just like the great depression or some of the other "hard times" this country has dealt with. Just the facts of life.


Steve- to get this forum hoppin, make a new thread. "Who voted for who, and why?"
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-07-2012, 02:28 PM
wat5150 wat5150 is offline
new member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 604
Rep Power: 0
wat5150 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnBoy0311 View Post
Statistics show the economy, no matter what, goes down the pooper every several years. Some years are far worse than others. I don't think Bush had anything to do with the worlds economy. Just like the great depression or some of the other "hard times" this country has dealt with. Just the facts of life.


Steve- to get this forum hoppin, make a new thread. "Who voted for who, and why?"
Everything is a factor in the worlds economy including us and our president. Big companies sending jobs overseas, funding wars,etc. Oops, I said the last post of mine was the last Oh well.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-07-2012, 03:57 PM
LawnBoy0311 LawnBoy0311 is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,169
Rep Power: 0
LawnBoy0311 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wat5150 View Post
Everything is a factor in the worlds economy including us and our president. Big companies sending jobs overseas, funding wars,etc. Oops, I said the last post of mine was the last Oh well.
Reminds me of Dumb and Dumber "I bet I can get you to bet before the end of the day!"
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Hedgemaster Hedgemaster is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,772
Rep Power: 0
Hedgemaster is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnBoy0311 View Post
When I was a lot younger, in middle school, we had this thing called student council. Some of you may have it, others may not. It's when a student is voted in to be the class president. Every year, these kids would stand infront of all their peers on a podium, and read their speach to the whole class. For us, it was around 100...i think.

Do you know who always won? The kid who said:

"I will put soda machines in every classroom!"

"Recess for half the day!"

"...and I will put a stop to ALL homework!!!"

It has always stuck to me that every 4 years, these campaigns remind me of student council elections.
That's exactly like what happened here.

"I'll give you free phones, food stamps, welfare, and whatever else you want!"


Yay!!!


(vomit)
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-07-2012, 07:35 PM
dpld dpld is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 885
Rep Power: 0
dpld is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wat5150 View Post
This is the end of my political comments on this forum. I just have to say if you dont think a majority of the problems that obama inherited 4 years ago werent George Dubs fault then you must not be able to see outside of a certain party line. DPLD in no way am I criticizing you personally but GWB was a terrible president and i even voted for him the first go round. Again if you are republican and steadfastly adhere to your parties lines then thats how you see it. But to be honest I dont see how people can say that GWB had no part in this mess we are in. Just my 2 cents and no disrespect meant DPLD.


the point is the current admin can not except any blame when something does not work.
no one ever said GWB was the best you just assumed that.

at the same token it can be hard to sit here and say that the current state of affairs are not the fault of the current admin as well.
everybody got over the meltdown, the banks got theirs, the unions got theirs and wall street keeps getting theirs.
the insurance co's got theirs but the every day common man is still sitting around waiting for theirs.
it is not a question of which party is right or wrong i frankly do not care and they are all to blame anyways.

yesterday turned out to be the biggest hyped out day and a complete waste of time and untold millions of dollars and further delayed the day to day operations of our government just to wake up today with the same basic do nothing government that we woke up to tuesday morning.

the whole electoral college is a farce and basically renders votes useless.

if you live in a blue state and vote red it gets voided out and means nothing and vise versa.
i live in new jersey and it is such a sure thing for the dems the president don't even come here on the campaign trail and when they tally the votes it is a automatic given, just like vermont.

at this point in time i could care less about GWB because he is not the president no more and has not been for 4 years and after 4 years on the job any person in this country has the right to question obama on it and he is obligated to answer.

i don't care who was president i just don't want a dysfunctional government and we had one before the election and we now have one after.

i take great pleasure in knowing that no one can blame the government no more they can only blame themselves the american people F'ed themselves in the A this time.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Voting system ritchiem Search Engine Optimization and Website Design Discussions. 9 02-04-2008 12:57 PM
Thank you for voting Steve General Business Discussions 0 01-11-2005 01:28 PM
Thank you for voting Steve General Business Discussions 0 12-03-2004 07:28 PM
Thank you for voting Steve General Business Discussions 0 11-03-2004 05:53 PM
Thank you for voting Steve General Business Discussions 0 10-04-2004 06:49 PM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Did this job free to...
JJand M Lawncare
05-02-2016 02:33 PM
Yesterday 08:09 PM
by JJand M Lawncare
2 44
Correct way to quote a...
WarriorLandscapingCAN
05-02-2016 11:52 AM
Yesterday 10:59 AM
by Steve
1 35
How to tell Cust. to...
GeeGood
04-09-2008 09:55 PM
05-02-2016 02:45 PM
by JJand M Lawncare
13 5,205
Having an issue with...
Mr. Mow
04-27-2016 03:58 PM
04-28-2016 05:04 AM
by Sprinkler Buddy
2 119
Hello From Virginia
JJand M Lawncare
04-25-2016 01:02 PM
04-27-2016 05:20 PM
by Steve
5 145
knowledge is Key
Greg'slawnandlandscape
04-23-2016 02:23 AM
04-25-2016 02:40 PM
by Steve
2 131
Hello from Calgary
Freshcut
04-22-2016 06:10 PM
04-25-2016 02:38 PM
by Steve
1 121
Echo Bed Redefiner...
NPM_LLC
04-12-2016 10:54 AM
04-22-2016 06:15 PM
by Freshcut
4 321
Has anyone done a garden?
Brian3137
03-28-2016 10:42 AM
04-22-2016 04:42 PM
by biglee
13 9,762
What would you charge?
markty
04-18-2016 03:28 PM
04-22-2016 09:01 AM
by chris2500hd
6 299
Replaced Mower Engine
Sprinkler Buddy
04-15-2016 06:21 AM
04-19-2016 11:03 AM
by Sprinkler Buddy
6 266
Hello from Oklahoma
Ron Hall
03-24-2016 06:59 PM
04-16-2016 03:51 AM
by Ron Hall
9 9,475
Laying down some stripes
MATTNAPIER89
04-11-2016 09:55 PM
04-14-2016 11:55 PM
by Steve
3 343
Find out what business...
MATTNAPIER89
04-11-2016 09:58 PM
04-13-2016 12:32 PM
by MATTNAPIER89
2 294
Hello my name is Matt
MATTNAPIER89
04-11-2016 09:46 PM
04-13-2016 12:58 AM
by Steve
1 241
How to drop some...
nickeckes
04-11-2016 01:07 AM
04-12-2016 05:22 PM
by Steve
4 319
Trash Receptacle for a...
tannerduncan
04-12-2016 05:02 PM
04-12-2016 05:19 PM
by Steve
1 222
Small Project Lawn
tannerduncan
03-31-2016 08:21 PM
04-12-2016 05:16 PM
by Steve
7 9,355
Please Help! Bidding...
Dorali
02-15-2016 12:02 PM
04-06-2016 01:08 AM
by Steve
36 13,074
Hello
pbcleff
04-05-2016 07:45 PM
04-06-2016 12:35 AM
by Steve
1 415
Hello
llewelwa
03-18-2016 12:47 AM
04-05-2016 12:14 AM
by Steve
3 9,345
Poop and Scooping
llewelwa
04-01-2016 05:48 PM
04-05-2016 12:08 AM
by Steve
1 9,129
help with sole...
greenbuds
03-24-2016 12:21 PM
04-04-2016 05:33 PM
by WarriorLandscapingCAN
2 9,296
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy