Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Property Management Forums > General Talk

General Talk If it doesn't fit anywhere else, post it here.

What happened to xandrew??


General Talk

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, post it here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #11  
Old 10-08-2012, 09:21 AM
dpld dpld is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 885
Rep Power: 0
dpld is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wat5150 View Post
Its just strange to post every hour on the hour every day then nothing. he was posting after he got married. Maybe he decided to get out and do his regular job.

although anything is possible which can be for any of us i don't know if i would come to the conclusion that someone is out of business just because they have not posted on gopher forum in a while.

i don't mean any disrespect to the forum and the people on it because i do like it here but if i am not mistaken i think andrew had a pretty full plate with getting married and having his house getting flooded as well as trying to start a business.
anyone of the above scenarios can be a life altering experience for most people and even if he is having trouble with the business most people who start one have high hopes and dreams and are slightly blinded by the high hopes of success.
it is more difficult today to start a business then it has ever been with the state of our economy and the exuberant costs involved in running one.

when i started my business 23 years ago it was tough but there was also only half the landscapers that there is today as well as things like equipment, fuel, insurance and regulations were also cheaper and to some degree we do not get much more money for our services today as we did 23 years ago.

many people start businesses today and fail but that has been happening since the beginning of time and i don't think it is anything to take lightly or mock someone for or to take pleasure in when to some degree we are all a few bad chain of events away from failure.

as i said i don't know what the deal is and i am not pointing fingers either, i am just saying, that's all.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #12  
Old 10-08-2012, 03:05 PM
wat5150 wat5150 is offline
new member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 604
Rep Power: 0
wat5150 is on a distinguished road
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpld View Post
although anything is possible which can be for any of us i don't know if i would come to the conclusion that someone is out of business just because they have not posted on gopher forum in a while.

i don't mean any disrespect to the forum and the people on it because i do like it here but if i am not mistaken i think andrew had a pretty full plate with getting married and having his house getting flooded as well as trying to start a business.
anyone of the above scenarios can be a life altering experience for most people and even if he is having trouble with the business most people who start one have high hopes and dreams and are slightly blinded by the high hopes of success.
it is more difficult today to start a business then it has ever been with the state of our economy and the exuberant costs involved in running one.

when i started my business 23 years ago it was tough but there was also only half the landscapers that there is today as well as things like equipment, fuel, insurance and regulations were also cheaper and to some degree we do not get much more money for our services today as we did 23 years ago.

many people start businesses today and fail but that has been happening since the beginning of time and i don't think it is anything to take lightly or mock someone for or to take pleasure in when to some degree we are all a few bad chain of events away from failure.

as i said i don't know what the deal is and i am not pointing fingers either, i am just saying, that's all.
I didnt start this question thread to point fingers...was simply asking a question about a member... Am I typing words I cant see? HHHMMMMM. Gues questions of certain members are not allowed.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-08-2012, 05:47 PM
dpld dpld is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 885
Rep Power: 0
dpld is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wat5150 View Post
I didnt start this question thread to point fingers...was simply asking a question about a member... Am I typing words I cant see? HHHMMMMM. Gues questions of certain members are not allowed.

i am sorry if you took my reply as if i was singling you out because that is not what i was doing.
i was just simply adding my two cents into why he might not be posting lately plus even though i quoted your post my reply was not based on your post only it was based on all the replies.

i know we had other threads on "what happened to" with others here like weekend warrior that seemed to burn his bridges but my memory of andrew was that he was a OK dude and it seemed it was heading in the direction of the others.

once again i am sorry for the misunderstanding that you might have thought i was pointing fingers at you or anyone for that matter because that is not what i was doing.
i was just trying to throw some suggestions as to why he has not been here lately with some further clarification and i don't think anything i said was that bad to where you or anyone should have taken offense to it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Grass Doctor Grass Doctor is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: san antonio tx
Posts: 407
Rep Power: 3
Grass Doctor is on a distinguished road
Default

by the way the weekend warrior its back after his fatal drive by shooting he came back to life with a cape and a weed eater to save fall.

http://www.facebook.com/WeekendWarriorLawn
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 36,519
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

I think we could have a whole section on where are they now



Quote:
by the way the weekend warrior its back after his fatal drive by shooting he came back to life with a cape and a weed eater to save fall.
You should write him and tell him to come back to update us
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Grass Doctor Grass Doctor is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: san antonio tx
Posts: 407
Rep Power: 3
Grass Doctor is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I think we could have a whole section on where are they now





You should write him and tell him to come back to update us
i think it will not be a bad idea.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Apex Lawn & Landscape Apex Lawn & Landscape is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pittsburgh suburbs
Posts: 384
Rep Power: 0
Apex Lawn & Landscape is on a distinguished road
Default

I'm sorry .. I dont mean to make fun ( please rip on me all u want if I ever disappear ) but the broom gets me everytime !!! Lolll I have no words.

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-09-2012, 09:41 PM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Lawn & Landscape View Post
I'm sorry .. I dont mean to make fun ( please rip on me all u want if I ever disappear ) but the broom gets me everytime !!! Lolll I have no words.

Why you hatin on the uniformed crew? He can use a ryobi better then anybody.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Apex Lawn & Landscape Apex Lawn & Landscape is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pittsburgh suburbs
Posts: 384
Rep Power: 0
Apex Lawn & Landscape is on a distinguished road
Default

" Hi Mrytle..yes we our on our way to do the leaf clean up..ok see you soon. Ok gas, check, gloves,check, tarp, check ..kitchen broom..check ! Let's go. " babe ..I'm sorry..i know I'm late..well my broom wasn't running right! ....well ya know if you would have spent the extra $7 dollars and got me the larger shop broom then we wouldn't be havin this conversation now would we". I'm all for havin determination and the want to succeed but damn! Wait till you got some cash to buy one of the most important pieces of equipment needed!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-09-2012, 11:37 PM
Hedgemaster Hedgemaster is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,772
Rep Power: 0
Hedgemaster is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Lawn & Landscape View Post
" Hi Mrytle..yes we our on our way to do the leaf clean up..ok see you soon. Ok gas, check, gloves,check, tarp, check ..kitchen broom..check ! Let's go. " babe ..I'm sorry..i know I'm late..well my broom wasn't running right! ....well ya know if you would have spent the extra $7 dollars and got me the larger shop broom then we wouldn't be havin this conversation now would we". I'm all for havin determination and the want to succeed but damn! Wait till you got some cash to buy one of the most important pieces of equipment needed!
What, pants that go all the way down to your ankles?


Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What happened to WeekendWarriorLawn? jrayb39667 General Talk 44 09-07-2012 07:12 PM
What happened (forum)? CHEESE2009 General Talk 20 05-05-2011 05:45 PM
OMG the best thing happened yesterday jasonw Starting a lawn care business. 7 07-25-2009 09:31 AM
Well it happened Steve General Business Discussions 1 06-28-2007 05:12 PM
Apprentice - What happened? Steve General Business Discussions 2 03-12-2006 01:53 PM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Leaf Box & Loader Set...
ringahding1
10-21-2014 06:20 AM
Today 11:46 AM
by crieg122
6 318
Lawn Care business...
crieg122
10-23-2014 01:23 PM
Today 11:39 AM
by crieg122
5 224
Gie-review / What's new...
ExtremeLawncareServices
Today 09:19 AM
Today 09:19 AM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
0 23
Dealing With Gas Can...
Mr. Mow
10-21-2014 01:41 PM
Today 08:37 AM
by Dan Tanner
10 385
Leaf removal
madmedic8575
Yesterday 04:14 PM
Today 06:47 AM
by Mr. Mow
3 122
My Newest Toy (B.P....
Dan Tanner
10-23-2014 05:50 PM
Today 05:06 AM
by Dan Tanner
2 166
hey everyone
robert8509
10-22-2014 08:16 PM
Yesterday 11:07 PM
by robert8509
7 247
raking leaves ?
robert8509
10-22-2014 09:19 PM
Yesterday 11:05 PM
by robert8509
9 305
new to the forum
madmedic8575
Yesterday 02:52 PM
Yesterday 02:52 PM
by madmedic8575
0 76
Pressure Washing Like a...
TNTurf
08-01-2014 11:47 PM
Yesterday 01:00 PM
by Steve
11 917
12 Years in Business!
Chilehead
10-23-2014 08:07 AM
10-23-2014 11:08 PM
by Chilehead
2 168
Cheapskate Landlord...
Mr. Mow
10-20-2014 06:33 AM
10-23-2014 05:55 PM
by biglee
13 479
Hi from SoCal
Jmoney
10-23-2014 11:29 AM
10-23-2014 12:51 PM
by Steve
1 137
Workmans compensation...
CDLAWNCARE
10-15-2014 08:05 AM
10-23-2014 12:33 PM
by Steve
5 593
Pda
stevef1201
10-18-2014 02:05 PM
10-23-2014 06:12 AM
by ringahding1
4 420
Hello, from TEXAS
sanchez5
10-17-2014 09:56 PM
10-22-2014 01:27 PM
by Steve
6 489
Organic Lawn Care...
NHray
10-17-2014 06:05 PM
10-22-2014 01:23 PM
by Steve
3 462
Hi Steve From West...
Mr. Mow
10-21-2014 01:59 PM
10-22-2014 01:19 PM
by Steve
1 234
Help a brother...
tbtigers03
09-28-2014 11:41 AM
10-22-2014 08:51 AM
by ringahding1
12 1,600
first year update
cmdlawncare
08-12-2014 05:41 PM
10-22-2014 07:47 AM
by ringahding1
4 1,433
What parts do you carry...
Just for Cuts
10-17-2014 09:08 AM
10-21-2014 01:36 PM
by Mr. Mow
16 736
Jungle to Beautiful
stevef1201
10-17-2014 09:54 AM
10-21-2014 01:26 PM
by stevef1201
11 588
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
03-22-2014 09:12 AM
10-21-2014 01:19 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
158 11,524
Sunny Beach Tennis...
SGL1
10-19-2014 11:24 PM
10-21-2014 01:04 PM
by SGL1
4 337
Have you ever had to...
SouthernRootsLawnCare
07-26-2014 02:41 PM
10-20-2014 08:34 PM
by biglee
10 1,912
Look out Bob Villa -...
Mr Dave
09-30-2014 10:06 AM
10-20-2014 05:42 PM
by SGL1
7 1,396
how to fi d commercial...
mchampion319
10-19-2014 09:50 PM
10-20-2014 04:41 PM
by Steve
1 304
Hello From Tennessee
mrmann901
10-17-2014 10:02 PM
10-20-2014 04:24 PM
by Steve
1 374
questions on order to...
jack2048
10-13-2014 11:15 AM
10-20-2014 03:27 PM
by Mr. Mow
15 827
This sucks...
Matther777
09-18-2014 04:56 PM
10-20-2014 02:14 PM
by Steve
14 2,291
Cement mixer
KevinsLawns
10-15-2014 08:03 PM
10-20-2014 02:11 PM
by Steve
7 566
Hello ! New guy Rob here
RWorthley1
10-17-2014 04:05 PM
10-20-2014 02:09 PM
by Steve
1 407
Snow Blowing
gwilson98
10-12-2014 02:21 PM
10-17-2014 02:51 PM
by Steve
6 746
Spreading Weeds?
WesleySnips
07-27-2014 09:46 PM
10-17-2014 07:49 AM
by SGL1
6 1,050
Grasswhoopins.com Anyone...
GRASS WHOOPINS
06-21-2011 11:38 PM
10-16-2014 01:30 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
42 9,420
I Want to buy old...
ExtremeLawncareServices
10-10-2014 10:04 PM
10-15-2014 09:12 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
6 768
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 11:18 AM
10-15-2014 06:43 PM
by NHray
1,190 340,428
Do you find weed eating...
chuck2s
10-15-2014 02:10 PM
10-15-2014 02:10 PM
by chuck2s
0 492
Incorporating &...
WesleySnips
10-01-2014 09:39 PM
10-15-2014 01:37 PM
by kslawn
20 1,595
Falling into business
stellarmowing
09-28-2014 04:35 PM
10-15-2014 05:57 AM
by ringahding1
8 1,599
Apartment Complex and...
lxarth
06-22-2011 01:10 PM
10-14-2014 06:25 PM
by jrs.landscaping
42 9,700
I LOVE hedge trimming
stevef1201
10-13-2014 09:05 AM
10-14-2014 01:06 PM
by Steve
5 624
Help with seeder...
ExtremeLawncareServices
10-09-2014 07:39 AM
10-13-2014 08:09 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
5 785
The Market watch
WesleySnips
10-12-2014 08:47 PM
10-13-2014 05:40 PM
by SGL1
3 628
Help pricing a large...
Bradcook21
10-07-2014 06:49 AM
10-13-2014 02:00 PM
by Steve
7 978
leaf removal
Double J LLC
10-03-2014 04:24 PM
10-13-2014 06:46 AM
by Billy Goat
19 1,629
Acerage Rake
acrajchel
04-23-2014 07:23 PM
10-12-2014 10:53 PM
by SGL1
2 943
John Deere z235 Deck
WesleySnips
09-29-2014 06:02 PM
10-12-2014 06:20 PM
by kslawn
25 1,760
Credit card contract
SGL1
10-06-2014 05:31 PM
10-12-2014 03:40 PM
by SGL1
18 1,168
Truck craft dump bed...
ExtremeLawncareServices
10-04-2014 08:41 PM
10-10-2014 11:35 AM
by Steve
7 1,074
» Popular Tags
4wd apartment bid apartment lawn care estimate applying bob villa bush charge christmas commercial deliquentaccounts demonstration exmark ferris first truck georgia gopherhaul gravely hardscapes hills holiday honda how much to charge how to hydraulic labor cost landscape services lawn lawn care lawn care busines plan lawn care business book lawn care business podcast lawn care business seo lawn care business show lawn care business website lawn care business website seo lawn care seo lawn care website lawn care website seo lighting brass outdoor lights managing a lawn care business marketing mechanic monthly mowing mulch mulch price new business patio install podcast property management company push versus ride savannah scag scag v-ride seo shell snow plowing starting a business starting a lawn care business start up lawn care business stihl sulky toro tractor auger trailer mate pro tree truck new used landscape walker won't return wright stander rh
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy