Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Business > Trials & Tribulations - The drama of running a business and of life.

Trials & Tribulations - The drama of running a business and of life. It's not as easy as it looks. Running a business is full of drama. Customers, employees, money, family, time. You name it, it's a problem. Share with us your drama and how you handled it.

What a week(and its only wensday)


Trials & Tribulations - The drama of running a business and of life.

It's not as easy as it looks. Running a business is full of drama. Customers, employees, money, family, time. You name it, it's a problem. Share with us your drama and how you handled it.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 09-05-2012, 06:43 AM
xandrew245x xandrew245x is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 648
Rep Power: 4
xandrew245x is on a distinguished road
Default What a week(and its only wensday)

Man this week has been horrible. Today we had an appointment set up for our house to be sprayed for fleas, so we spent all day monday cleaning our house spotless so this could be done. We are also getting married Saturday, so all the family was coming to see our house and such.

So monday was a frantic day of cleaning, I woke up yesterday to squishy carpet in my basement, my finished basement flooded, servepro was there half the day and ripped all the trim off the walls, and took a lot of the carpet pad.

Who knows whats going to happen today, had to reschedule the flea spraying, and now they are calling for rain saturday and its an outdoor wedding, FML. I hope the rest of this week starts to look better.

OH and on top of it, I haven't gotten to mow at all this week, it has rained every single day.
__________________

Carlisle Lawn Care

Last edited by xandrew245x; 09-05-2012 at 06:50 AM.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 09-05-2012, 08:15 AM
Lopes Lawn Care's Avatar
Lopes Lawn Care Lopes Lawn Care is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 213
Rep Power: 5
Lopes Lawn Care is on a distinguished road
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Sh** man, that really sucks. It's like when you need things to go perfectly they always fall apart 110%. Hope all works out for you dude and that your wedding goes great. It's been raining here all week and we had the holiday on monday so I haven't gotten to any of my lawns. Tomorrow is the only day they are calling for no rain. Don't think i'm gonna get them all done in one day haha. Haven't had to deal with this before. Kinda sucks but it's nature and there's only so much you can do.

I've got an old 52" toro with a stamped deck. The thing SUCKS in wet conditions. It just clogs up and I end up with clumps and nastiness all over the yards. Gotta spend a ton of time blowing and making them all disappear or raking it up.

Do you guys know if this is caused by the deck itself or is it just cause i'm trying to mow in wet conditions? I see other companies mowing out there and they seem to do o.k. when it's wet. Maybe I'm just retarded.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-05-2012, 08:24 AM
xandrew245x xandrew245x is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 648
Rep Power: 4
xandrew245x is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopes Lawn Care View Post
Sh** man, that really sucks. It's like when you need things to go perfectly they always fall apart 110%. Hope all works out for you dude and that your wedding goes great. It's been raining here all week and we had the holiday on monday so I haven't gotten to any of my lawns. Tomorrow is the only day they are calling for no rain. Don't think i'm gonna get them all done in one day haha. Haven't had to deal with this before. Kinda sucks but it's nature and there's only so much you can do.

I've got an old 52" toro with a stamped deck. The thing SUCKS in wet conditions. It just clogs up and I end up with clumps and nastiness all over the yards. Gotta spend a ton of time blowing and making them all disappear or raking it up.

Do you guys know if this is caused by the deck itself or is it just cause i'm trying to mow in wet conditions? I see other companies mowing out there and they seem to do o.k. when it's wet. Maybe I'm just retarded.
Thanks, I really hope the rest of the week goes well.

they have been calling for rain every day since sunday, and right when I had time to go work it started to rain on me, didnt rain all day monday until I was about to go mow, I was going to go yesterday, didn't rain all day until late evening...but I had to stay there with servepro, I hope it stays dry today.
__________________

Carlisle Lawn Care
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Lopes Lawn Care's Avatar
Lopes Lawn Care Lopes Lawn Care is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 213
Rep Power: 5
Lopes Lawn Care is on a distinguished road
Default

yeah it's pouring here. Hopefully tomorrow will be dry.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-05-2012, 10:23 AM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopes Lawn Care View Post
Sh** man, that really sucks. It's like when you need things to go perfectly they always fall apart 110%. Hope all works out for you dude and that your wedding goes great. It's been raining here all week and we had the holiday on monday so I haven't gotten to any of my lawns. Tomorrow is the only day they are calling for no rain. Don't think i'm gonna get them all done in one day haha. Haven't had to deal with this before. Kinda sucks but it's nature and there's only so much you can do.
I just got off the phone with a customer. He wanted to know if I was going to pressure wash his house when its thundering and lightning out. Yeah buddy I'm going to hold a 20ft aluminum pole in the storm.

In the same boat. I havent worked because of the 2 days of rain and the holiday. Now my easy week is becoming a nightmare. I wanted to try my new mower out too.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-05-2012, 10:59 AM
xandrew245x xandrew245x is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 648
Rep Power: 4
xandrew245x is on a distinguished road
Default

Now I found out the insurance isn't covering anything.

We called them first they said they would take care of everything to call servepro, now they are telling us they can't do anything.
__________________

Carlisle Lawn Care
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-05-2012, 11:16 AM
dpld dpld is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 885
Rep Power: 0
dpld is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrew245x View Post
Man this week has been horrible. Today we had an appointment set up for our house to be sprayed for fleas, so we spent all day monday cleaning our house spotless so this could be done. We are also getting married Saturday, so all the family was coming to see our house and such.

So monday was a frantic day of cleaning, I woke up yesterday to squishy carpet in my basement, my finished basement flooded, servepro was there half the day and ripped all the trim off the walls, and took a lot of the carpet pad.

Who knows whats going to happen today, had to reschedule the flea spraying, and now they are calling for rain saturday and its an outdoor wedding, FML. I hope the rest of this week starts to look better.

OH and on top of it, I haven't gotten to mow at all this week, it has rained every single day.



i really feel your pain and can concur that this week has sucked for not only you but myself.

we lost a close friend the other day and not only have a funeral to attend but also the loss of that person to deal with.
it is also the first week back to school for my kids which had it's own share of insanity to deal with and to top it off my wife was on her way home yesterday and was sitting at a traffic light stopped when some @sshat talking on a cell phone never stopped and plowed right into her and smashed her into the car in front of her.

getting to the scene and seeing the car my heart went in my throat and after seeing what happened to the car i could not believe she walked away.

and to top it off it rained all week and just like you i have not got diddly done.

as i said i feel your pain and i will keep you in my thoughts and good luck with everything on your end.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-05-2012, 11:26 AM
xandrew245x xandrew245x is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 648
Rep Power: 4
xandrew245x is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpld View Post
i really feel your pain and can concur that this week has sucked for not only you but myself.

we lost a close friend the other day and not only have a funeral to attend but also the loss of that person to deal with.
it is also the first week back to school for my kids which had it's own share of insanity to deal with and to top it off my wife was on her way home yesterday and was sitting at a traffic light stopped when some @sshat talking on a cell phone never stopped and plowed right into her and smashed her into the car in front of her.

getting to the scene and seeing the car my heart went in my throat and after seeing what happened to the car i could not believe she walked away.

and to top it off it rained all week and just like you i have not got diddly done.

as i said i feel your pain and i will keep you in my thoughts and good luck with everything on your end.
Good luck to you too, i'm glad she wasn't hurt.

The insurance company is going to pay for everything done up this point because it was their royal screw up, but the carpet is still wet, and it is going to need cleaned so we are going to have to pay that.

Then were going to have to pay for new carpet pad...new trim, and a contractor to put the carpet back in place.

I think the insurance should pay for everything, if I would have knew they weren't going to cover anything I would have just done everything myself, and saved the trim and the wholes they ignorantly put in the wall while taking it off.
__________________

Carlisle Lawn Care
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-05-2012, 12:26 PM
LawnBoy0311 LawnBoy0311 is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,169
Rep Power: 0
LawnBoy0311 is on a distinguished road
Default

insurance companies are a scam. I hate them all.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-05-2012, 12:31 PM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnBoy0311 View Post
insurance companies are a scam. I hate them all.
+1000

They spend more money fighting claims then they do paying out. I called a insurance company about 5 times and had 1 claim paid out after they fought me for every penny.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Done for the week! Sprinkler Buddy General Talk 8 06-11-2012 01:26 PM
WOW What A Week! kdexpd General Talk 1 04-16-2010 08:01 AM
My Last Week! CHEESE2009 General Talk 9 10-18-2009 11:52 AM
What a week! swstout Trials & Tribulations - The drama of running a business and of life. 8 08-23-2009 05:51 AM
What a week!!! tiedeman General Business Discussions 16 04-04-2006 07:04 PM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Having an issue with...
Mr. Mow
04-27-2016 03:58 PM
04-28-2016 05:04 AM
by Sprinkler Buddy
2 90
Hello From Virginia
JJand M Lawncare
04-25-2016 01:02 PM
04-27-2016 05:20 PM
by Steve
5 116
Hello from Calgary
Freshcut
04-22-2016 06:10 PM
04-25-2016 05:46 PM
by Freshcut
2 104
knowledge is Key
Greg'slawnandlandscape
04-23-2016 02:23 AM
04-25-2016 02:40 PM
by Steve
2 107
Echo Bed Redefiner...
NPM_LLC
04-12-2016 10:54 AM
04-22-2016 06:15 PM
by Freshcut
4 303
Has anyone done a garden?
Brian3137
03-28-2016 10:42 AM
04-22-2016 04:42 PM
by biglee
13 9,737
What would you charge?
markty
04-18-2016 03:28 PM
04-22-2016 09:01 AM
by chris2500hd
6 265
Replaced Mower Engine
Sprinkler Buddy
04-15-2016 06:21 AM
04-19-2016 11:03 AM
by Sprinkler Buddy
6 244
Hello from Oklahoma
Ron Hall
03-24-2016 06:59 PM
04-16-2016 03:51 AM
by Ron Hall
9 9,452
Laying down some stripes
MATTNAPIER89
04-11-2016 09:55 PM
04-14-2016 11:55 PM
by Steve
3 319
Find out what business...
MATTNAPIER89
04-11-2016 09:58 PM
04-13-2016 12:32 PM
by MATTNAPIER89
2 277
Hello my name is Matt
MATTNAPIER89
04-11-2016 09:46 PM
04-13-2016 12:58 AM
by Steve
1 224
How to drop some...
nickeckes
04-11-2016 01:07 AM
04-12-2016 05:22 PM
by Steve
4 308
Trash Receptacle for a...
tannerduncan
04-12-2016 05:02 PM
04-12-2016 05:19 PM
by Steve
1 205
Small Project Lawn
tannerduncan
03-31-2016 08:21 PM
04-12-2016 05:16 PM
by Steve
7 9,336
Please Help! Bidding...
Dorali
02-15-2016 12:02 PM
04-06-2016 01:08 AM
by Steve
36 13,006
Hello
pbcleff
04-05-2016 07:45 PM
04-06-2016 12:35 AM
by Steve
1 398
Hello
llewelwa
03-18-2016 12:47 AM
04-05-2016 12:14 AM
by Steve
3 9,322
Poop and Scooping
llewelwa
04-01-2016 05:48 PM
04-05-2016 12:08 AM
by Steve
1 9,111
help with sole...
greenbuds
03-24-2016 12:21 PM
04-04-2016 05:33 PM
by WarriorLandscapingCAN
2 9,273
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy