Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Property Management Forums > Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job

Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job
If you need help coming up with a bid for a lawn care, landscaping, tree cutting or irrigation job, post the specifics here and pictures of the job site. If you are looking to learn about bidding, review the jobs posted here.

apartment complex


Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job

If you need help coming up with a bid for a lawn care, landscaping, tree cutting or irrigation job, post the specifics here and pictures of the job site. If you are looking to learn about bidding, review the jobs posted here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 08-22-2012, 08:14 PM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default apartment complex

Tomorrow I'm turning in a bid for this property for the 2013 season. The bid is for 4 different services and each is a separate bid. The landscaping has a breakdown in it. For the guys that never seen a commercial bid like this take a look. Every company does it differently but some things are always the same.

Youll see when you start bidding jobs like this your bidding formula goes out the window. I mean you can try to bid edging at a $1 a ft but are you really going to charge someone $16k for the year for it? The same goes with gutters. I normally would charge about $3 a ft for a 3 story building but how do justify a $9k gutter cleaning? You have to break it all down in man hours.
I did all the hard work in measuring. I just want to get some feedback before I submit this. The 2 things that are a pita is the edging and clearing the sidewalks of snow.

I'm hoping to land the mowing and pressure washing. The gutter cleaning would be good too. I really dont want to deal with clearing snow from all those walks. If I do it will be with 4x4 quad that I dont have or if they let me leave the kubota on site. Theres no way I'm trailering a 3 ton tractor in snow.


Spring Clean Up $____
Mowing and Trimming Every 5-7 days $____ 3.6 acres surrounding a dozen buildings.
Edging walks, beds, and trees per time $___ 4 x's a year 4800 liner ft.
Fall Clean Up $
Trimming & Pruning $
Flowers Spring / Fall by office and sign $____
Hand Weeding $_____ 2 x's a year
Mulching $_____ 6" Depth ( 2200 sq ft)

The next bid is for gutter cleaning. Theres 3180 liner feet of gutters. The buildings are ' tall. $_____

Then we have pressure washing. Theres 12 buildings, all are 3 stories, 11340 sq ft each, 136080 total. $_____

The final piece is snow removal. The parking lot isnt that big at only 2.8 acres but there divided into 12 smaller lots. The real killer is the sidewalks theres 4800' of walks at 5' wide. $____

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...ed=0CBkQ8gEwAA
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 08-22-2012, 08:51 PM
xandrew245x xandrew245x is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 648
Rep Power: 4
xandrew245x is on a distinguished road
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECTLANDSCAPING View Post
Tomorrow I'm turning in a bid for this property for the 2013 season. The bid is for 4 different services and each is a separate bid. The landscaping has a breakdown in it. For the guys that never seen a commercial bid like this take a look. Every company does it differently but some things are always the same.

Youll see when you start bidding jobs like this your bidding formula goes out the window. I mean you can try to bid edging at a $1 a ft but are you really going to charge someone $16k for the year for it? The same goes with gutters. I normally would charge about $3 a ft for a 3 story building but how do justify a $9k gutter cleaning? You have to break it all down in man hours.
I did all the hard work in measuring. I just want to get some feedback before I submit this. The 2 things that are a pita is the edging and clearing the sidewalks of snow.

I'm hoping to land the mowing and pressure washing. The gutter cleaning would be good too. I really dont want to deal with clearing snow from all those walks. If I do it will be with 4x4 quad that I dont have or if they let me leave the kubota on site. Theres no way I'm trailering a 3 ton tractor in snow.


Spring Clean Up $____
Mowing and Trimming Every 5-7 days $____ 3.6 acres surrounding a dozen buildings.
Edging walks, beds, and trees per time $___ 4 x's a year 4800 liner ft.
Fall Clean Up $
Trimming & Pruning $
Flowers Spring / Fall by office and sign $____
Hand Weeding $_____ 2 x's a year
Mulching $_____ 6" Depth ( 2200 sq ft)

The next bid is for gutter cleaning. Theres 3180 liner feet of gutters. The buildings are ' tall. $_____

Then we have pressure washing. Theres 12 buildings, all are 3 stories, 11340 sq ft each, 136080 total. $_____

The final piece is snow removal. The parking lot isnt that big at only 2.8 acres but there divided into 12 smaller lots. The real killer is the sidewalks theres 4800' of walks at 5' wide. $____

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...ed=0CBkQ8gEwAA
How do you go about the whole commercial bid process?

I thought about maybe submitting a few commercial bids for smaller places, but I don't even know who to contact to find the information out.
__________________

Carlisle Lawn Care
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-22-2012, 09:11 PM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrew245x View Post
How do you go about the whole commercial bid process?

I thought about maybe submitting a few commercial bids for smaller places, but I don't even know who to contact to find the information out.
Theyll find you. I dont know who these people are till they call. This the 4th commercial property I bid this week. The office of the property management company that called me today about 2 hotels is about 50 miles away. I would never think people that far away would be managing buildings in my area.

Get your name out there is step one. Step two would be have the equipment for when they do call. Step three would be pay me for more info.

You could try asking at the business your interested in but that might come off as desperate. I dont think these type of people like unsolicited bids. They usually target the 4 or 5 biggest companies.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-23-2012, 05:56 AM
xandrew245x xandrew245x is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 648
Rep Power: 4
xandrew245x is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECTLANDSCAPING View Post
Theyll find you. I dont know who these people are till they call. This the 4th commercial property I bid this week. The office of the property management company that called me today about 2 hotels is about 50 miles away. I would never think people that far away would be managing buildings in my area.

Get your name out there is step one. Step two would be have the equipment for when they do call. Step three would be pay me for more info.

You could try asking at the business your interested in but that might come off as desperate. I dont think these type of people like unsolicited bids. They usually target the 4 or 5 biggest companies.
I thought you could contact them and then be put on their bid list. Then when the time came around you just submit a bid, and they pick who they want.
__________________

Carlisle Lawn Care
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-23-2012, 01:14 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 37,566
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

How many man hours are you estimating each service to take you?
  • Spring Clean Up
    How many many hours for this?
  • Mowing and Trimming Every 5-7 days, 3.6 acres surrounding a dozen buildings.
    How many many hours for this?
  • Edging walks, beds, and trees per time. 4 x's a year 4800 liner ft.
    How many many hours for this?
  • Fall Clean Up
    How many many hours for this?
  • Trimming & Pruning
    How many many hours for this?
  • Flowers Spring / Fall by office and sign
    How many many hours for this?
  • Hand Weeding. 2 x's a year
    How many many hours for this?
  • Mulching 6" Depth ( 2200 sq ft)
    How many many hours for this?
  • The next bid is for gutter cleaning. Theres 3180 liner feet of gutters. The buildings are ' tall.
    How many man hours and how high up are these gutters?
  • Then we have pressure washing. Theres 12 buildings, all are 3 stories, 11340 sq ft each, 136080 total.
    How many many hours for this?
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-08-2012, 06:01 PM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

I got a call today saying my snow removal bid was extremely low. I bid it at $26,500. I was 1 for 8 on snow bids so I dropped $4k off the bid. Now that I'm reran the numbers I'm at $33,600. I still think that might be a bit low.

There was only 3 snow events last winter but we should get 8-10 this year.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 37,566
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Did you hear anything about how the lawn care bid went? Is that tied in with the snow removal bid?
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-09-2012, 10:08 AM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Did you hear anything about how the lawn care bid went? Is that tied in with the snow removal bid?
I shouldve asked but didnt. The 4 bids were all separate, so there not really tied together.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-09-2012, 10:14 AM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 37,566
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Spring Clean Up $____
Mowing and Trimming Every 5-7 days $____ 3.6 acres surrounding a dozen buildings.
Edging walks, beds, and trees per time $___ 4 x's a year 4800 liner ft.
Fall Clean Up $
Trimming & Pruning $
Flowers Spring / Fall by office and sign $____
Hand Weeding $_____ 2 x's a year
Mulching $_____ 6" Depth ( 2200 sq ft)

The next bid is for gutter cleaning. Theres 3180 liner feet of gutters. The buildings are ' tall. $_____

Then we have pressure washing. Theres 12 buildings, all are 3 stories, 11340 sq ft each, 136080 total. $_____
What did you finally go with for them?

I hope you get it!
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-09-2012, 10:29 AM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
What did you finally go with for them?

I hope you get it!
Around $60,000 total. I really would like all the contracts for this one but the snow plowing is going to require a 10,000 investment. I dont want to rely on subs again they screwed me in the past.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apartment complex bid MAKLawnCutter Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job 16 05-26-2011 06:13 AM
Apartment Complex Totables Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job 4 11-13-2009 09:39 AM
apartment complex MacTrina Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job 6 10-31-2008 07:17 AM
bid on my first apartment complex pbielby Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job 5 02-06-2008 12:12 PM
apartment complex landonkade Show Off - Picture Post - Photo Gallery 18 10-10-2007 10:27 PM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
John Deere 667a
acrajchel
Today 10:00 AM
Today 10:07 AM
by acrajchel
1 21
Dane Scag
Steve
08-28-2015 12:29 PM
08-28-2015 12:29 PM
by Steve
0 58
24 and 50 acre cemetery...
grassmasterswilson
08-18-2015 10:09 AM
08-26-2015 02:42 PM
by Steve
13 489
Rookie business question...
WarriorLandscapingCAN
08-05-2015 05:20 PM
08-26-2015 02:33 PM
by Steve
3 376
How to clean an old...
rmccutchan
08-16-2015 05:23 PM
08-26-2015 02:31 PM
by Steve
9 379
how to make customers...
Bradcook21
05-27-2015 05:04 PM
08-26-2015 12:25 PM
by kslawn
19 3,694
Needing a website built
burtle
06-17-2015 09:02 AM
08-25-2015 11:31 AM
by acrajchel
9 2,444
Big mowing job
Bradcook21
07-30-2015 03:57 PM
08-25-2015 11:23 AM
by acrajchel
17 951
ZTR Review
Shark1611
05-31-2012 10:42 PM
08-25-2015 11:16 AM
by acrajchel
8 3,723
Hi Everyone
mmays29
08-25-2015 08:16 AM
08-25-2015 11:15 AM
by Steve
3 101
Should I buy this Exmark...
googus
07-03-2015 09:22 AM
08-25-2015 11:08 AM
by acrajchel
11 1,149
Old Business New Owner
Toyman
06-17-2014 08:57 PM
08-25-2015 11:00 AM
by acrajchel
17 1,550
Hi everyone! We're new...
alltrades
08-22-2015 12:46 PM
08-24-2015 10:41 AM
by Steve
2 151
CAn I get some help with...
rootytalbot
08-11-2015 06:14 PM
08-24-2015 10:36 AM
by Steve
12 478
Hi
Wemowjunction
08-16-2015 08:45 PM
08-20-2015 01:46 PM
by Steve
11 379
Drive cable bad?
SGL1
08-10-2015 11:16 PM
08-20-2015 01:41 PM
by Steve
5 342
Hey there everyone
Cole8999
08-16-2015 04:42 PM
08-18-2015 04:35 PM
by Steve
3 235
Help with a truck
bdodson89
04-27-2015 08:15 PM
08-18-2015 11:47 AM
by rmccutchan
7 943
I need some aeration...
rootytalbot
08-14-2015 12:32 PM
08-18-2015 07:59 AM
by rootytalbot
7 361
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 11:18 AM
08-17-2015 04:34 PM
by Steve
1,229 405,892
Whats wrong with this...
GreenWorx
07-28-2015 07:56 PM
08-16-2015 11:42 PM
by rmccutchan
3 572
What's your next...
Steve
05-15-2015 11:54 AM
08-16-2015 11:09 PM
by SC93
16 1,213
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
01-11-2015 10:41 AM
08-14-2015 11:08 PM
by scaypa
95 11,415
New Biz
kufnerins
08-14-2015 05:52 PM
08-14-2015 08:56 PM
by Steve
1 200
Chemical and Fertilizer...
rmccutchan
08-09-2015 10:36 PM
08-13-2015 11:11 PM
by rmccutchan
6 386
String trim BEFORE mow...
Mr. Mow
04-12-2015 08:13 AM
08-13-2015 02:10 PM
by rootytalbot
12 2,048
Hello all thinking about...
bernie
08-11-2015 04:28 PM
08-13-2015 10:33 AM
by Steve
8 350
Logo Help Font Color
LZLC
08-08-2015 09:26 PM
08-12-2015 03:50 PM
by Steve
4 325
Pricing issue
Mr. Mow
07-07-2015 06:15 AM
08-12-2015 12:30 AM
by Jeff1
20 1,776
My new mower
Chilehead
08-08-2015 09:09 PM
08-11-2015 08:36 PM
by Chilehead
9 488
Thought this was a good...
Just for Cuts
08-06-2015 03:38 PM
08-11-2015 10:54 AM
by Steve
8 489
Plowing pricing
jcurr33
08-08-2015 04:58 PM
08-11-2015 10:51 AM
by Steve
6 453
Should I upgrade my back...
googus
08-07-2015 10:50 AM
08-11-2015 10:44 AM
by googus
7 415
Keeping it clean....
Wolf4dk
08-09-2015 11:31 PM
08-11-2015 06:34 AM
by Chilehead
7 344
I have been rude and...
biglee
06-15-2015 10:11 PM
08-10-2015 09:41 PM
by stallman419
12 2,729
Newbie Saying Hi.
LZLC
08-08-2015 09:22 PM
08-10-2015 11:20 AM
by Steve
1 242
How much do I charge to...
Chris Herrera
08-06-2015 09:30 PM
08-09-2015 11:31 AM
by biglee
2 384
scag SWZT review!
mattthelawnguy
07-23-2015 02:28 PM
08-07-2015 03:26 PM
by Steve
17 1,112
Best commercial contract...
sanlanct
08-04-2015 12:18 PM
08-06-2015 06:20 AM
by sanlanct
2 374
I came across this on a...
rootytalbot
08-02-2015 11:04 AM
08-05-2015 08:17 PM
by SC93
9 614
Help bidding a hedge...
hopolb33
08-02-2015 06:09 PM
08-05-2015 02:07 PM
by Steve
3 415
recycler toro 22"
rvezakis
08-03-2015 12:10 PM
08-04-2015 11:47 AM
by Steve
1 295
» Popular Tags
ad landscaping advertising aerocore applying bark billy goat brushcutter blowout bob villa bush collections contract help curb appeal services deliquentaccounts demonstration design door hangers edging employee problems equipment dealer equipment rental facebook flyers free advertising free lawn care google growing a lawn care business hiring how to hydro increase customers jobs landscape landscaping lawn aeration lawn care lawn mowing marketing marketing secrets more customers business mr dave mulch new business ordinance past due per hour charge per hour service plowing pricing profit on employee roundup scag secrets to landscaping sell the vision seo shell shreaded solo solo backpack sprayer sq ft square foot swzt tree tree pics up sell employee web design website website design winterization wood www.greenturion.co.za
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 PM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 PM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy