Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Business > Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review!

Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review! Lawn Care Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations Discussion.

Marketing plan


Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review!

Lawn Care Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations Discussion.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #11  
Old 08-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Hedgemaster Hedgemaster is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,772
Rep Power: 0
Hedgemaster is on a distinguished road
Default

Is there a Craigslist listing for your area?


I'm just asking because you keep posting everywhere that you need customers, but have little money to advertise. Free is free and just because some people say that all you get is terrible, cheap clients from CL, that only happens if you let it.

I had great success using CL last season. Not as good this season, but really, all sorts of people look there for services.



That said, $100 to target a specific cluster of homes that you'd really like to get "in" with might not be a bad deal if you pick up a few of them.

What's $100 in the grand scheme of things anyway? You'll put that much in your gas tank every week.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #12  
Old 08-02-2012, 09:41 PM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgemaster View Post
That said, $100 to target a specific cluster of homes that you'd really like to get "in" with might not be a bad deal if you pick up a few of them.

What's $100 in the grand scheme of things anyway? You'll put that much in your gas tank every week.
I think thats a good idea also since its targeted. Typically people pay to do whole neighborhoods and you get a lot of apartments, condos, and general people that wont pay for service.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-03-2012, 06:06 AM
Sprinkler Buddy's Avatar
Sprinkler Buddy Sprinkler Buddy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 667
Rep Power: 4
Sprinkler Buddy is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrew245x View Post
For $100 I could send a postcard to all of the houses in that development, not a bad price especially if I even got just one client.
With that amount of $, you can't go wrong. Even if no one calls, you haven't lost much. Go for it!
__________________
Don't Keep Replacing Lawn Sprinkler Heads
Protect them with "Sprinkler Buddy"
CLICK HERE > http://www.sprinklerbuddy.com
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-03-2012, 06:21 AM
xandrew245x xandrew245x is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 648
Rep Power: 3
xandrew245x is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgemaster View Post
Is there a Craigslist listing for your area?


I'm just asking because you keep posting everywhere that you need customers, but have little money to advertise. Free is free and just because some people say that all you get is terrible, cheap clients from CL, that only happens if you let it.

I had great success using CL last season. Not as good this season, but really, all sorts of people look there for services.



That said, $100 to target a specific cluster of homes that you'd really like to get "in" with might not be a bad deal if you pick up a few of them.

What's $100 in the grand scheme of things anyway? You'll put that much in your gas tank every week.
There isn't one for my specific area but there is one for harrisburg. I had a listing up for about a month, it got flagged for removal yesterday, I don't know why. I had one person visit my website from it, but they were in Michigan.


Its not that I don't have the money to advertise, I just don't want to spend a whole lot right now on advertising. I would rather wait until fall and advertise cleanups, or wait until spring and really advertise my lawn service.
__________________

Carlisle Lawn Care
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-03-2012, 06:49 AM
xandrew245x xandrew245x is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 648
Rep Power: 3
xandrew245x is on a distinguished road
Default

For my postcards this is what I'm thinking of including
1. Pay for 4 mowings and get the 5th free
2. Be the first new customer in your neighborhood and receive 15% off your first month of service
3.Receive 5$ for every friend or family that hires me from your referrals.

I think i'm going to make a customer appreciation page on my site that goes more into depth of the customer referral.

What do you guys think?
__________________

Carlisle Lawn Care
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-03-2012, 07:06 AM
PVMS PVMS is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
Posts: 36
Rep Power: 3
PVMS is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrew245x View Post
For my postcards this is what I'm thinking of including
1. Pay for 4 mowings and get the 5th free
2. Be the first new customer in your neighborhood and receive 15% off your first month of service
3.Receive 5$ for every friend or family that hires me from your referrals.

I think i'm going to make a customer appreciation page on my site that goes more into depth of the customer referral.

What do you guys think?
This attack is very common, and,....i'm afraid useless. You need to market a fair dinkum offer with no BS attached to get the phone ringing.
People want a great offer today,....not in a month or two, and after finally finding a great customer, you then have to do a free mow?
Better off doing the opposite and use it to quickly weed out customers who you don't want.
eg: instead of offering a percentage off, make an offer of x$$$$$ off your first mow!
Make it clear that it a one off per customer. Make an offer that at least covers your expenses minus labour,but seems too good to refuse,.... and I will guarantee that you will build a client base very fast.
Once you have your foot in the door, have done a good job first time, ....they will accept your full price quote, almost whatever you ask.
The main thing people decide on when choosing somebody, is how much they like you as a person, followed by your work standard, and lastly price.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-03-2012, 07:09 AM
xandrew245x xandrew245x is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 648
Rep Power: 3
xandrew245x is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVMS View Post
This attack is very common, and,....i'm afraid useless. You need to market a fair dinkum offer with no BS attached to get the phone ringing.
People want a great offer today,....not in a month or two, and after finally finding a great customer, you then have to do a free mow?
Better off doing the opposite and use it to quickly weed out customers who you don't want.
eg: instead of offering a percentage off, make an offer of x$$$$$ off your first mow!
Make it clear that it a one off per customer. Make an offer that at least covers your expenses minus labour,but seems too good to refuse,.... and I will guarantee that you will build a client base very fast.
Once you have your foot in the door, have done a good job first time, ....they will accept your full price quote, almost whatever you ask.
The main thing people decide on when choosing somebody, is how much they like you as a person, followed by your work standard, and lastly price.
Thank you.

So say something like "$15 off your first service" and then something like "$5 off your monthly service for every friend or family member you refer to me"

Or something like $30 flat fee mowing for 2 months for the first 5 new customers? Something to get them hooked quick.
__________________

Carlisle Lawn Care

Last edited by xandrew245x; 08-03-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-03-2012, 07:34 AM
PVMS PVMS is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
Posts: 36
Rep Power: 3
PVMS is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVMS View Post
This attack is very common, and,....i'm afraid useless. You need to market a fair dinkum offer with no BS attached to get the phone ringing.
People want a great offer today,....not in a month or two, and after finally finding a great customer, you then have to do a free mow?
Better off doing the opposite and use it to quickly weed out customers who you don't want.
eg: instead of offering a percentage off, make an offer of x$$$$$ off your first mow!
Make it clear that it a one off per customer. Make an offer that at least covers your expenses minus labour,but seems too good to refuse,.... and I will guarantee that you will build a client base very fast.
Once you have your foot in the door, have done a good job first time, ....they will accept your full price quote, almost whatever you ask.
The main thing people decide on when choosing somebody, is how much they like you as a person, followed by your work standard, and lastly price.
To add further,.....the opposite is true before they pick up the phone, so one off offers do get the phone ringing.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-03-2012, 07:42 AM
PVMS PVMS is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
Posts: 36
Rep Power: 3
PVMS is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrew245x View Post
Thank you.

So say something like "$15 off your first service" and then something like "$5 off your monthly service for every friend or family member you refer to me"

Or something like $30 flat fee mowing for 2 months for the first 5 new customers? Something to get them hooked quick.
Well,...no,....just offer friends and relo's the same one off offer, but make it seem extra special, and give each three or four "special referral coupons" to give out to others. I would give the original client a free mow.
Just keep in mind that multiple referring clients are worth many thousands of dollars over time, and each referral will result in possible long term relationships and many more dollars.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-03-2012, 07:50 AM
xandrew245x xandrew245x is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 648
Rep Power: 3
xandrew245x is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVMS View Post
Well,...no,....just offer friends and relo's the same one off offer, but make it seem extra special, and give each three or four "special referral coupons" to give out to others. I would give the original client a free mow.
Just keep in mind that multiple referring clients are worth many thousands of dollars over time, and each referral will result in possible long term relationships and many more dollars.
Okay, do you think I should just skip the postcard and send them a letter with the special coupons in it? State in my letter who I am and what i'm doing along with hand these coupons out to your family and friends and have them present them to me. They will receive a discounted price, and you will receive a free mowing. Something along those lines?

Since I'm targeting just one neighborhood, should I send it to all the people living there, or only half in hope they pass out the coupons?
__________________

Carlisle Lawn Care
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Marketing Plan PlymouthRiverLandscaping Starting a lawn care business. 9 02-22-2012 02:09 PM
The keys to any successful marketing plan Steve Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review! 10 12-21-2006 10:48 AM
Do You Have a Plan? Steve Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review! 1 12-03-2006 07:44 AM
To business plan or not to? Steve General Business Discussions 0 04-28-2006 03:09 AM
What's your marketing plan for the next few months Steve General Business Discussions 11 03-20-2006 06:30 PM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Pressure Washing Like a...
TNTurf
08-01-2014 11:47 PM
Today 11:51 PM
by TNTurf
5 575
What parts do you carry...
Just for Cuts
10-17-2014 09:08 AM
Today 09:51 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
15 492
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
03-22-2014 09:12 AM
Today 09:32 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
154 11,086
Cheapskate Landlord...
Mr. Mow
Today 06:33 AM
Today 08:44 PM
by biglee
6 125
Jungle to Beautiful
stevef1201
10-17-2014 09:54 AM
Today 08:39 PM
by biglee
8 306
Have you ever had to...
SouthernRootsLawnCare
07-26-2014 02:41 PM
Today 08:34 PM
by biglee
10 1,656
Sunny Beach Tennis...
SGL1
Yesterday 11:24 PM
Today 07:13 PM
by SGL1
2 101
Hello, from TEXAS
sanchez5
10-17-2014 09:56 PM
Today 06:15 PM
by Steve
3 227
Look out Bob Villa -...
Mr Dave
09-30-2014 10:06 AM
Today 05:42 PM
by SGL1
7 1,189
how to fi d commercial...
mchampion319
Yesterday 09:50 PM
Today 04:41 PM
by Steve
1 100
Hello From Tennessee
mrmann901
10-17-2014 10:02 PM
Today 04:24 PM
by Steve
1 184
questions on order to...
jack2048
10-13-2014 11:15 AM
Today 03:27 PM
by Mr. Mow
15 609
Organic Lawn Care...
NHray
10-17-2014 06:05 PM
Today 02:22 PM
by Steve
1 220
This sucks...
Matther777
09-18-2014 04:56 PM
Today 02:14 PM
by Steve
14 2,059
Cement mixer
KevinsLawns
10-15-2014 08:03 PM
Today 02:11 PM
by Steve
7 354
Hello ! New guy Rob here
RWorthley1
10-17-2014 04:05 PM
Today 02:09 PM
by Steve
1 198
first year update
cmdlawncare
08-12-2014 05:41 PM
Today 02:07 PM
by Steve
3 1,174
Pda
stevef1201
10-18-2014 02:05 PM
Yesterday 11:27 PM
by SGL1
2 179
Snow Blowing
gwilson98
10-12-2014 02:21 PM
10-17-2014 02:51 PM
by Steve
6 541
Spreading Weeds?
WesleySnips
07-27-2014 09:46 PM
10-17-2014 07:49 AM
by SGL1
6 843
Grasswhoopins.com Anyone...
GRASS WHOOPINS
06-21-2011 11:38 PM
10-16-2014 01:30 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
42 9,198
I Want to buy old...
ExtremeLawncareServices
10-10-2014 10:04 PM
10-15-2014 09:12 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
6 584
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 11:18 AM
10-15-2014 06:43 PM
by NHray
1,190 339,857
Workmans compensation...
CDLAWNCARE
10-15-2014 08:05 AM
10-15-2014 02:57 PM
by Steve
2 327
Do you find weed eating...
chuck2s
10-15-2014 02:10 PM
10-15-2014 02:10 PM
by chuck2s
0 295
Incorporating &...
WesleySnips
10-01-2014 09:39 PM
10-15-2014 01:37 PM
by kslawn
20 1,388
Falling into business
stellarmowing
09-28-2014 04:35 PM
10-15-2014 05:57 AM
by ringahding1
8 1,405
Apartment Complex and...
lxarth
06-22-2011 01:10 PM
10-14-2014 06:25 PM
by jrs.landscaping
42 9,488
I LOVE hedge trimming
stevef1201
10-13-2014 09:05 AM
10-14-2014 01:06 PM
by Steve
5 428
Help with seeder...
ExtremeLawncareServices
10-09-2014 07:39 AM
10-13-2014 08:09 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
5 589
The Market watch
WesleySnips
10-12-2014 08:47 PM
10-13-2014 05:40 PM
by SGL1
3 432
Help pricing a large...
Bradcook21
10-07-2014 06:49 AM
10-13-2014 02:00 PM
by Steve
7 780
leaf removal
Double J LLC
10-03-2014 04:24 PM
10-13-2014 06:46 AM
by Billy Goat
19 1,407
Acerage Rake
acrajchel
04-23-2014 07:23 PM
10-12-2014 10:53 PM
by SGL1
2 746
John Deere z235 Deck
WesleySnips
09-29-2014 06:02 PM
10-12-2014 06:20 PM
by kslawn
25 1,548
Credit card contract
SGL1
10-06-2014 05:31 PM
10-12-2014 03:40 PM
by SGL1
18 971
Truck craft dump bed...
ExtremeLawncareServices
10-04-2014 08:41 PM
10-10-2014 11:35 AM
by Steve
7 869
First Time River Rock...
berryjam
10-09-2014 06:09 PM
10-10-2014 11:08 AM
by Steve
2 525
West cost lawn prices
SGlawncare
10-09-2014 09:51 PM
10-10-2014 11:03 AM
by Steve
1 514
Question?what should I...
dalvan0
09-24-2014 11:10 PM
10-09-2014 05:58 PM
by kslawn
28 2,040
Mowing the hills
EyeCatchersNow
07-08-2014 12:22 PM
10-09-2014 04:19 PM
by Just for Cuts
25 2,898
snowplowing
jshak40
09-01-2014 07:20 AM
10-09-2014 02:21 PM
by Steve
25 3,546
Changing Scag Freedom Z...
maggiedavidson
10-06-2014 12:24 PM
10-08-2014 06:34 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
7 756
The most dangerous part...
Steve
10-06-2014 02:45 PM
10-07-2014 04:18 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
3 735
Good Mower
jack2048
10-04-2014 05:34 PM
10-07-2014 01:05 PM
by Steve
7 823
Mulching fad killing...
Tree geek
10-06-2014 08:37 PM
10-06-2014 08:37 PM
by Tree geek
0 641
Help a brother...
tbtigers03
09-28-2014 11:41 AM
10-06-2014 02:53 PM
by Steve
11 1,364
Update on LawnsAway and...
Ian Lovejoy
09-28-2014 10:24 AM
10-06-2014 01:30 PM
by Steve
4 1,231
A GREAT Story
stevef1201
10-02-2014 10:33 AM
10-06-2014 12:50 PM
by Steve
6 1,036
Kohler command carb...
ExtremeLawncareServices
09-21-2014 03:09 PM
10-03-2014 07:12 PM
by kslawn
27 2,144
» Popular Tags
4wd apartment complex article marketing auger bark bid blades bob villa care charge collections collections subcontractor decorating ditches edging employee problems equipment rental estimate exmark ferris four wheel drive fundraiser gopherhaul gravely growing a lawn care business hardscapes how much to charge husqvarna installation introduction kawasaki landscape services lawn lawn care lawn care business lawn care business seo lawn care business show lawn care business website lawn care business website seo lawn care website marketing mr dave mulch new mower past due podcast promotion pto redmax reo running a business scag search engine optimization seo small engine repair snow sprayer starting a business steep lawns steve stihl theft of services top dresser toro toro grand stand trailer trimmer rack turfgrass consulting walker wood
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 PM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 PM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy