Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Business > General Business Discussions

General Business Discussions A place to talk about general business discussions.

How much profit?


General Business Discussions

A place to talk about general business discussions.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #21  
Old 07-31-2012, 04:49 PM
PVMS PVMS is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
Posts: 36
Rep Power: 3
PVMS is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrew245x View Post
How could 1 worker handle 100 clients, that's 14 a day 7 days a week
Weekly mowing cycles are rare here. In Spring to Autumn, most clients will be on bi-weeklys, in winter monthly. We generally pick up alot of fruit tree pruning over winter to fill the gaps, as well as cleanups and laying mulch.
Winter is also when the weeds seem to burst into life, so its not hard to sell weed control either.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #22  
Old 07-31-2012, 05:13 PM
hansenslawncare hansenslawncare is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Woodbury, MN
Posts: 86
Rep Power: 4
hansenslawncare is on a distinguished road
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrew245x View Post
Well, this is slightly discouraging. The nice thing is I can still work full time in the winter, and have the majority of the summer off. I think I'm going to finish out this year and see how it goes, it might not be worth spending more money on.
Don't let discouragement keep you from building this business...sometimes you have to take what you hear (especially from forums) with a grain of salt. If a guy had a bad day, he's likely to post negative stuff. Take the good and spit out the bad. I'm not saying don't listen to people, but, generally speaking, people are more negative than positive.

But again dude...don't let others negativity bring you down. Some of the best businesses in the world were started in depressions or recessions. Just find a way to bring awesome service to your customers at affordable prices.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-31-2012, 06:12 PM
xandrew245x xandrew245x is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 648
Rep Power: 3
xandrew245x is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansenslawncare View Post
Don't let discouragement keep you from building this business...sometimes you have to take what you hear (especially from forums) with a grain of salt. If a guy had a bad day, he's likely to post negative stuff. Take the good and spit out the bad. I'm not saying don't listen to people, but, generally speaking, people are more negative than positive.

But again dude...don't let others negativity bring you down. Some of the best businesses in the world were started in depressions or recessions. Just find a way to bring awesome service to your customers at affordable prices.
Thank you, I really needed a bit of encouragement.
__________________

Carlisle Lawn Care
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-31-2012, 06:22 PM
hansenslawncare hansenslawncare is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Woodbury, MN
Posts: 86
Rep Power: 4
hansenslawncare is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrew245x View Post
Thank you, I really needed a bit of encouragement.
No problem buddy!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-31-2012, 06:34 PM
xandrew245x xandrew245x is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 648
Rep Power: 3
xandrew245x is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansenslawncare View Post
No problem buddy!
I really appreciate the advice.

I was so discouraged today I thought about packing it up, but then I got a call to go mow someones grass for the third time, I think I may have just picked up a weekly customer.
__________________

Carlisle Lawn Care
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-31-2012, 06:42 PM
Shark1611 Shark1611 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 370
Rep Power: 5
Shark1611 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansenslawncare View Post
Don't let discouragement keep you from building this business...sometimes you have to take what you hear (especially from forums) with a grain of salt. If a guy had a bad day, he's likely to post negative stuff. Take the good and spit out the bad. I'm not saying don't listen to people, but, generally speaking, people are more negative than positive.

But again dude...don't let others negativity bring you down. Some of the best businesses in the world were started in depressions or recessions. Just find a way to bring awesome service to your customers at affordable prices.
I like your comment. I started out a little over two years ago and found some on this forum to be very mean. My buiness has blown out the roof and I love what I do. Many of you here on the forum have given me great advice. I started out with a handfull of accounts, now I have close to 100. About 35% are commercial accounts. Hang in there and keep going you will make it.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-31-2012, 06:51 PM
Hedgemaster Hedgemaster is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,772
Rep Power: 0
Hedgemaster is on a distinguished road
Default

What you can potentially earn per day will likely vary by area. Even within one area, there are sections that pay and those that don't.

I'm in "Pittsburgh", but that means squat in terms of what people pay "here" - it varies. In my neighborhood, you'd be lucky to get $30/$35 for a cut, but 2 miles away you can get $40/$45 without much problem for a similarly sized lawn and lawns that are larger fetch even more.

If I wanted to travel 10 miles, or more from home to an area that has more disposable income, I could earn more - I'd also need much bigger equipment, as the lawn sizes there require it. In time I may do so, and I have taken on two clients in that area to "test the waters".


I wouldn't think anyone who is established would have difficulty making $300 a day. I do that on a good day, but I still have holes in my schedule, so the other days aren't as high. Ironically, the day I make the most is the day I mow my lowest priced lawns. I have 7 of them on one street and the rest are nearby, making it possible to crank out more volume in a short amount of time.

Location is a big factor in my opinion. I see a lot of people posting asking about "finding" clients, but I barely need to advertise and clients are finding ME.
The population here HAS to be a factor.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-31-2012, 06:57 PM
hansenslawncare hansenslawncare is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Woodbury, MN
Posts: 86
Rep Power: 4
hansenslawncare is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrew245x View Post
I was so discouraged today I thought about packing it up, but then I got a call to go mow someones grass for the third time, I think I may have just picked up a weekly customer.
Sounds good man...
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-31-2012, 06:58 PM
hansenslawncare hansenslawncare is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Woodbury, MN
Posts: 86
Rep Power: 4
hansenslawncare is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark1611 View Post
I like your comment. I started out a little over two years ago and found some on this forum to be very mean. My buiness has blown out the roof and I love what I do. Many of you here on the forum have given me great advice. I started out with a handfull of accounts, now I have close to 100. About 35% are commercial accounts. Hang in there and keep going you will make it.
Thanks Shark, glad to know you're business is going strong! Keep it up buddy.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-31-2012, 07:11 PM
xandrew245x xandrew245x is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 648
Rep Power: 3
xandrew245x is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgemaster View Post
What you can potentially earn per day will likely vary by area. Even within one area, there are sections that pay and those that don't.

I'm in "Pittsburgh", but that means squat in terms of what people pay "here" - it varies. In my neighborhood, you'd be lucky to get $30/$35 for a cut, but 2 miles away you can get $40/$45 without much problem for a similarly sized lawn and lawns that are larger fetch even more.

If I wanted to travel 10 miles, or more from home to an area that has more disposable income, I could earn more - I'd also need much bigger equipment, as the lawn sizes there require it. In time I may do so, and I have taken on two clients in that area to "test the waters".


I wouldn't think anyone who is established would have difficulty making $300 a day. I do that on a good day, but I still have holes in my schedule, so the other days aren't as high. Ironically, the day I make the most is the day I mow my lowest priced lawns. I have 7 of them on one street and the rest are nearby, making it possible to crank out more volume in a short amount of time.

Location is a big factor in my opinion. I see a lot of people posting asking about "finding" clients, but I barely need to advertise and clients are finding ME.
The population here HAS to be a factor.
Yeah, its all about location, I actually live in between Carlisle and Gettysburg, I'm sure you know where gettysburg is, they are both pretty populated cites, and I know for fact there are some major companies around here making major bank. The way I see it i'm in a pretty prime location, just need to get my name out there.
__________________

Carlisle Lawn Care
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What is your profit margin? FourSeasons General Talk 32 11-26-2012 11:50 AM
Concern About Profit aduttonater Starting a lawn care business. 10 01-19-2011 01:03 AM
Company Profit adamsmowing88 Starting a lawn care business. 12 03-12-2010 08:47 PM
$150 profit per day for 60 days lawn mowering Community Assistance 9 03-06-2010 12:15 PM
How to turn my low profit business around mowboy General Business Discussions 3 05-10-2009 07:22 PM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Poll & Discussion...
CHEESE2009
09-16-2011 06:16 PM
Today 06:54 PM
by avetslawncare
24 5,419
Pictures of commercial...
avetslawncare
04-01-2015 09:47 PM
Today 06:51 PM
by avetslawncare
21 737
bidding a cemetery....
NPM_LLC
03-28-2015 10:56 AM
Today 06:29 PM
by kslawn
21 831
lawn care business...
holymoly
Today 02:56 PM
Today 02:56 PM
by holymoly
0 19
color fliers?
holymoly
Today 02:32 PM
Today 02:32 PM
by holymoly
0 16
Hustler Raptor
SGL1
04-13-2015 09:27 PM
Today 07:53 AM
by SGL1
15 336
is craiglist good to...
JBENI
04-16-2015 11:11 AM
Yesterday 10:25 PM
by Wolf4dk
11 216
Could be great news for...
SC93
04-14-2015 11:06 PM
Yesterday 08:58 PM
by SC93
10 279
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
01-11-2015 10:41 AM
Yesterday 08:40 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
53 4,938
Am I missing something...
googus
04-11-2015 06:33 PM
Yesterday 08:01 PM
by avetslawncare
10 367
weed
avetslawncare
04-16-2015 07:56 PM
Yesterday 07:59 PM
by avetslawncare
3 88
Aerating / Dethaching...
Hard-Body lawn & garden
04-12-2015 07:53 PM
Yesterday 07:27 PM
by biglee
14 384
Hello
sonny54
04-16-2015 09:49 PM
Yesterday 03:10 PM
by Steve
1 62
Unreal
Chilehead
04-09-2015 09:12 PM
Yesterday 08:27 AM
by Chilehead
11 418
starting a lawn care...
JBENI
04-14-2015 09:03 AM
Yesterday 08:03 AM
by JBENI
14 374
Finally got a warehouse
avetslawncare
03-12-2015 07:52 PM
04-16-2015 07:52 PM
by avetslawncare
23 1,198
New 14 x 7 Enclosed...
whitepropertydetail
04-15-2015 06:46 PM
04-16-2015 03:40 PM
by Steve
1 111
quick pic
joshlawncare
04-14-2015 07:49 PM
04-16-2015 03:38 PM
by Steve
3 170
older used dump trucks
SECTLANDSCAPING
09-22-2011 12:33 AM
04-16-2015 12:41 PM
by biglee
21 7,896
Tax Poll
Steve
04-15-2015 02:13 PM
04-15-2015 02:13 PM
by Steve
0 119
lawn care by Aj
aj10261984
04-14-2015 06:50 PM
04-15-2015 01:43 PM
by Steve
2 142
Contact last years...
googus
01-28-2015 08:13 AM
04-15-2015 12:54 PM
by SC93
7 1,130
Start LIKING FACEBOOK...
rlclawncare123
02-26-2015 12:06 AM
04-15-2015 08:35 AM
by Bradcook21
7 820
trying to sign up for...
JBENI
04-14-2015 10:20 AM
04-14-2015 12:11 PM
by Steve
1 330
Charging customers for...
Hard-Body lawn & garden
04-14-2015 07:34 AM
04-14-2015 10:35 AM
by Steve
1 154
New member
Jdlandscaping,LLC
04-11-2015 03:24 PM
04-14-2015 05:45 AM
by Jdlandscaping,LLC
2 197
hello
oasis_greenscapes
04-01-2015 06:18 PM
04-13-2015 12:03 PM
by Steve
8 434
New Member
Greenturion
04-11-2015 02:00 PM
04-13-2015 11:59 AM
by Steve
1 162
Client with...
OldSalt
04-07-2015 09:47 PM
04-13-2015 11:57 AM
by Steve
8 371
Getting rid of "mulched...
Mr. Mow
04-12-2015 04:21 PM
04-13-2015 11:26 AM
by biglee
3 193
String trim BEFORE mow...
Mr. Mow
04-12-2015 08:13 AM
04-13-2015 11:11 AM
by biglee
7 300
Billing methods
jcurr33
03-26-2015 01:33 PM
04-13-2015 11:07 AM
by biglee
15 801
Landscape Fabric
CurbAppeal1
04-10-2015 03:58 PM
04-13-2015 08:02 AM
by Chilehead
4 254
I lost a long term...
Sprinkler Buddy
09-04-2011 02:24 PM
04-12-2015 04:27 PM
by Mr. Mow
17 3,869
I'm Back With The Best...
aduttonater
02-21-2015 12:41 AM
04-10-2015 12:05 PM
by Just for Cuts
45 2,088
Snow removal contracts
CDLAWNCARE
03-31-2015 02:57 PM
04-10-2015 11:37 AM
by kslawn
6 451
Do you have medical...
Steve
09-10-2011 11:46 AM
04-10-2015 11:28 AM
by Steve
17 5,167
Shopping Centers
avetslawncare
04-07-2015 07:16 PM
04-10-2015 11:27 AM
by Steve
7 357
Leaf Vac's?
ABurlison
11-07-2007 10:18 PM
04-10-2015 06:12 AM
by RSE
14 5,662
Grass and Leaf vacuum
captain200
04-07-2015 07:05 PM
04-10-2015 06:02 AM
by RSE
4 319
Covering a landscape...
Dan Tanner
03-29-2015 09:01 AM
04-10-2015 06:00 AM
by Dan Tanner
19 914
I have a great idea!
biglee
04-05-2015 06:20 PM
04-09-2015 12:54 PM
by Steve
4 365
lawn care school
kevinburch48
04-09-2015 09:13 AM
04-09-2015 11:27 AM
by Steve
1 220
What do you suggest?
Growing Green
09-20-2011 09:56 AM
04-08-2015 03:09 PM
by Steve
8 3,092
Survey
Ducke
09-20-2011 07:27 PM
04-07-2015 11:33 PM
by SGL1
12 3,417
DOT Number
acrajchel
03-20-2015 05:56 PM
04-07-2015 10:55 PM
by SGL1
14 1,226
Avoiding Clients
CHEESE2009
09-08-2011 10:58 PM
04-07-2015 06:05 PM
by GLAN
24 6,376
Mass/New Hampshire...
jcurr33
04-06-2015 09:48 PM
04-07-2015 04:19 PM
by jcurr33
2 265
Ferris FW35 questions
Chilehead
03-10-2015 08:31 PM
04-07-2015 05:19 AM
by Chilehead
9 788
Dethatching attachments
jcurr33
03-29-2015 08:56 PM
04-06-2015 09:21 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
6 506
» Popular Tags
aerocore apartment complex auger bark billy goat brushcutter blades bush collections deliquentaccounts design edging employee problems equipment rental ferris flyers foreman free advertising grass growing a lawn care business hills hiring husqvarna john deere quik trac landscape landscape services landscaping training lawn lawn care lawn care business seo lawn care business website lawn care business website seo lawn care seo lawn care website lawn care website seo lawn mowing marketing marketing secrets more customers business mr dave mulch new business past due per hour charge per hour service pricing profit on employee pto push versus ride running a business scripts secrets to landscaping sell the vision seo shell small engine repair square foot steep lawns sulky theft toro grand stand trailer tree trimmer rack truck new used landscape up sell employee web design website website design winterization won't return
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 PM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 PM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy