Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Business > Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review!

Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review! Lawn Care Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations Discussion.

Postcard mailings????


Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review!

Lawn Care Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations Discussion.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #21  
Old 08-13-2012, 09:00 PM
xandrew245x xandrew245x is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 648
Rep Power: 3
xandrew245x is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
You gotta think out side the box

Standard Postage Stamp is $.45

Post card is like $.29?

Every door direct is $.145

Jymie just posted the link for it
so they discount it that much for using every door direct?
__________________

Carlisle Lawn Care
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #22  
Old 08-13-2012, 09:08 PM
Chaz Chaz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 183
Rep Power: 4
Chaz is on a distinguished road
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrew245x View Post
so they discount it that much for using every door direct?
yeah man, you don't even need an address list!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-13-2012, 09:08 PM
xandrew245x xandrew245x is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 648
Rep Power: 3
xandrew245x is on a distinguished road
Default

I thought about doing letters, I feel like its more personal, but I have a feeling they would get thrown away for the most part, but you have success with them, gives me more hope.

How did you go about putting all the name and addresses on the envelopes? I am thinking about just using windowed envelopes and putting the address and everything on the letter and show through the window.

Or do you give them the addresses and they do the rest?
__________________

Carlisle Lawn Care
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-13-2012, 09:33 PM
Chaz Chaz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 183
Rep Power: 4
Chaz is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrew245x View Post
I thought about doing letters, I feel like its more personal, but I have a feeling they would get thrown away for the most part, but you have success with them, gives me more hope.

How did you go about putting all the name and addresses on the envelopes? I am thinking about just using windowed envelopes and putting the address and everything on the letter and show through the window.

Or do you give them the addresses and they do the rest?
https://www.usps.com/business/every-...irect-mail.htm

try their demo too
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-13-2012, 09:57 PM
xandrew245x xandrew245x is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 648
Rep Power: 3
xandrew245x is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
Thats pretty cool, now it says 514 houses it would be delivered too, do I have to make that many letters or can you make less than that and they will hand it out to whoever it randomly generates?
__________________

Carlisle Lawn Care
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-13-2012, 10:51 PM
Chaz Chaz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 183
Rep Power: 4
Chaz is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrew245x View Post
Thats pretty cool, now it says 514 houses it would be delivered too, do I have to make that many letters or can you make less than that and they will hand it out to whoever it randomly generates?
im learning about it myself but im pretty sure u can exclude neighborhoods or specific addresses if u want
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-14-2012, 04:01 AM
LawnBoy0311 LawnBoy0311 is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 1,169
Rep Power: 0
LawnBoy0311 is on a distinguished road
Default

i just got my "kit" from the usps. it makes no damn sense at all. or maybe i'm an idiot. it explains that your coming up with an advertisement to have the mailman deliver to every house on his/her route. you don't need address's, you can pick the target streets online when you create where you want them to be delivered. you can only do 500 at a time. the price is cheap too! one problem though...it doesn't even tell you how to create the ad!! i gotta do more research. if/when i figure it out, i want to try to get like 10,000 out.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-14-2012, 06:26 AM
xandrew245x xandrew245x is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 648
Rep Power: 3
xandrew245x is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnBoy0311 View Post
i just got my "kit" from the usps. it makes no damn sense at all. or maybe i'm an idiot. it explains that your coming up with an advertisement to have the mailman deliver to every house on his/her route. you don't need address's, you can pick the target streets online when you create where you want them to be delivered. you can only do 500 at a time. the price is cheap too! one problem though...it doesn't even tell you how to create the ad!! i gotta do more research. if/when i figure it out, i want to try to get like 10,000 out.
From what I understand you just print the required stickers and stuff out and put them on your mail then take it to the post office that services that route. On the one printable sheet you can write excluded addresses, but wow if you only wanted to do 200 and you had 500 on that route, that would be a lot of excluded addresses to write down. I'm sure you can give them any amount under the amount your paying for..but you will be doing just that, paying for it so you mys well get your monies worth and send all 500.

Its a great deal though, I can target that same neighborhood i wanted to, plus the surrounding area for a total of 504 residential houses for only $74 in mailing cost. I'm going to guess maybe another $100 or so for paper, envelopes, ink and everything else, so only a total of at most $200 to send to 500 potential customers?? sounds like a great deal. My fiance works in an office, and she folds bills and puts them in envelopes, I guarantee she probably does more than 500 a week, and it doesn't take her too long.

I think I am going to give it a try, for $200 and reaching 500 potential clients, you just can't beat that!
__________________

Carlisle Lawn Care
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-14-2012, 09:01 AM
Chaz Chaz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 183
Rep Power: 4
Chaz is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrew245x View Post
From what I understand you just print the required stickers and stuff out and put them on your mail then take it to the post office that services that route. On the one printable sheet you can write excluded addresses, but wow if you only wanted to do 200 and you had 500 on that route, that would be a lot of excluded addresses to write down. I'm sure you can give them any amount under the amount your paying for..but you will be doing just that, paying for it so you mys well get your monies worth and send all 500.

Its a great deal though, I can target that same neighborhood i wanted to, plus the surrounding area for a total of 504 residential houses for only $74 in mailing cost. I'm going to guess maybe another $100 or so for paper, envelopes, ink and everything else, so only a total of at most $200 to send to 500 potential customers?? sounds like a great deal. My fiance works in an office, and she folds bills and puts them in envelopes, I guarantee she probably does more than 500 a week, and it doesn't take her too long.

I think I am going to give it a try, for $200 and reaching 500 potential clients, you just can't beat that!
I am doing 2 routes, with everything it will be 1301 houses and cost about $330
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-14-2012, 09:12 AM
xandrew245x xandrew245x is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 648
Rep Power: 3
xandrew245x is on a distinguished road
Default

There is one neighborhood I really want to target, I think I am going to try it out. I mean its only $200, and if it works, I could make way more than that off of just one repeat customer.
__________________

Carlisle Lawn Care
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Postcard templates LawnMarshals Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review! 1 03-03-2009 07:57 AM
Postcard Intro/bid Billz Graphic Design Discussions 13 12-06-2006 11:35 PM
Postcard design CLS General Business Discussions 19 03-18-2004 07:25 AM
Postcard Design? gillitrin General Business Discussions 17 02-27-2004 10:09 AM
direct mailings Lawn Butler General Business Discussions 2 07-10-2003 03:31 AM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
lawn care business...
holymoly
Today 02:56 PM
Today 08:18 PM
by holymoly
1 35
Poll & Discussion...
CHEESE2009
09-16-2011 06:16 PM
Today 06:54 PM
by avetslawncare
24 5,433
Pictures of commercial...
avetslawncare
04-01-2015 09:47 PM
Today 06:51 PM
by avetslawncare
21 744
bidding a cemetery....
NPM_LLC
03-28-2015 10:56 AM
Today 06:29 PM
by kslawn
21 835
color fliers?
holymoly
Today 02:32 PM
Today 02:32 PM
by holymoly
0 17
Hustler Raptor
SGL1
04-13-2015 09:27 PM
Today 07:53 AM
by SGL1
15 346
is craiglist good to...
JBENI
04-16-2015 11:11 AM
Yesterday 10:25 PM
by Wolf4dk
11 217
Could be great news for...
SC93
04-14-2015 11:06 PM
Yesterday 08:58 PM
by SC93
10 282
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
01-11-2015 10:41 AM
Yesterday 08:40 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
53 4,940
Am I missing something...
googus
04-11-2015 06:33 PM
Yesterday 08:01 PM
by avetslawncare
10 369
weed
avetslawncare
04-16-2015 07:56 PM
Yesterday 07:59 PM
by avetslawncare
3 88
Aerating / Dethaching...
Hard-Body lawn & garden
04-12-2015 07:53 PM
Yesterday 07:27 PM
by biglee
14 386
Hello
sonny54
04-16-2015 09:49 PM
Yesterday 03:10 PM
by Steve
1 62
Unreal
Chilehead
04-09-2015 09:12 PM
Yesterday 08:27 AM
by Chilehead
11 421
starting a lawn care...
JBENI
04-14-2015 09:03 AM
Yesterday 08:03 AM
by JBENI
14 377
Finally got a warehouse
avetslawncare
03-12-2015 07:52 PM
04-16-2015 07:52 PM
by avetslawncare
23 1,199
New 14 x 7 Enclosed...
whitepropertydetail
04-15-2015 06:46 PM
04-16-2015 03:40 PM
by Steve
1 112
quick pic
joshlawncare
04-14-2015 07:49 PM
04-16-2015 03:38 PM
by Steve
3 173
older used dump trucks
SECTLANDSCAPING
09-22-2011 12:33 AM
04-16-2015 12:41 PM
by biglee
21 7,898
Tax Poll
Steve
04-15-2015 02:13 PM
04-15-2015 02:13 PM
by Steve
0 120
lawn care by Aj
aj10261984
04-14-2015 06:50 PM
04-15-2015 01:43 PM
by Steve
2 144
Contact last years...
googus
01-28-2015 08:13 AM
04-15-2015 12:54 PM
by SC93
7 1,135
Start LIKING FACEBOOK...
rlclawncare123
02-26-2015 12:06 AM
04-15-2015 08:35 AM
by Bradcook21
7 822
trying to sign up for...
JBENI
04-14-2015 10:20 AM
04-14-2015 12:11 PM
by Steve
1 334
Charging customers for...
Hard-Body lawn & garden
04-14-2015 07:34 AM
04-14-2015 10:35 AM
by Steve
1 158
New member
Jdlandscaping,LLC
04-11-2015 03:24 PM
04-14-2015 05:45 AM
by Jdlandscaping,LLC
2 197
hello
oasis_greenscapes
04-01-2015 06:18 PM
04-13-2015 12:03 PM
by Steve
8 436
New Member
Greenturion
04-11-2015 02:00 PM
04-13-2015 11:59 AM
by Steve
1 164
Client with...
OldSalt
04-07-2015 09:47 PM
04-13-2015 11:57 AM
by Steve
8 374
Getting rid of "mulched...
Mr. Mow
04-12-2015 04:21 PM
04-13-2015 11:26 AM
by biglee
3 193
String trim BEFORE mow...
Mr. Mow
04-12-2015 08:13 AM
04-13-2015 11:11 AM
by biglee
7 301
Billing methods
jcurr33
03-26-2015 01:33 PM
04-13-2015 11:07 AM
by biglee
15 801
Landscape Fabric
CurbAppeal1
04-10-2015 03:58 PM
04-13-2015 08:02 AM
by Chilehead
4 255
I lost a long term...
Sprinkler Buddy
09-04-2011 02:24 PM
04-12-2015 04:27 PM
by Mr. Mow
17 3,871
I'm Back With The Best...
aduttonater
02-21-2015 12:41 AM
04-10-2015 12:05 PM
by Just for Cuts
45 2,088
Snow removal contracts
CDLAWNCARE
03-31-2015 02:57 PM
04-10-2015 11:37 AM
by kslawn
6 451
Do you have medical...
Steve
09-10-2011 11:46 AM
04-10-2015 11:28 AM
by Steve
17 5,168
Shopping Centers
avetslawncare
04-07-2015 07:16 PM
04-10-2015 11:27 AM
by Steve
7 357
Leaf Vac's?
ABurlison
11-07-2007 10:18 PM
04-10-2015 06:12 AM
by RSE
14 5,663
Grass and Leaf vacuum
captain200
04-07-2015 07:05 PM
04-10-2015 06:02 AM
by RSE
4 321
Covering a landscape...
Dan Tanner
03-29-2015 09:01 AM
04-10-2015 06:00 AM
by Dan Tanner
19 917
I have a great idea!
biglee
04-05-2015 06:20 PM
04-09-2015 12:54 PM
by Steve
4 368
lawn care school
kevinburch48
04-09-2015 09:13 AM
04-09-2015 11:27 AM
by Steve
1 222
What do you suggest?
Growing Green
09-20-2011 09:56 AM
04-08-2015 03:09 PM
by Steve
8 3,093
Survey
Ducke
09-20-2011 07:27 PM
04-07-2015 11:33 PM
by SGL1
12 3,418
DOT Number
acrajchel
03-20-2015 05:56 PM
04-07-2015 10:55 PM
by SGL1
14 1,232
Avoiding Clients
CHEESE2009
09-08-2011 10:58 PM
04-07-2015 06:05 PM
by GLAN
24 6,376
Mass/New Hampshire...
jcurr33
04-06-2015 09:48 PM
04-07-2015 04:19 PM
by jcurr33
2 266
Ferris FW35 questions
Chilehead
03-10-2015 08:31 PM
04-07-2015 05:19 AM
by Chilehead
9 788
Dethatching attachments
jcurr33
03-29-2015 08:56 PM
04-06-2015 09:21 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
6 507
» Popular Tags
aerocore apartment complex auger bark billy goat brushcutter blades bush collections deliquentaccounts design edging employee problems equipment rental ferris flyers foreman free advertising grass growing a lawn care business hills hiring husqvarna john deere quik trac landscape landscape services landscaping training lawn lawn care lawn care business seo lawn care business website lawn care business website seo lawn care seo lawn care website lawn care website seo lawn mowing marketing marketing secrets more customers business mr dave mulch new business past due per hour charge per hour service pricing profit on employee pto push versus ride running a business scripts secrets to landscaping sell the vision seo shell small engine repair square foot steep lawns sulky theft toro grand stand trailer tree trimmer rack truck new used landscape up sell employee web design website website design winterization won't return
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 PM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 PM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy