The other day I was talking to a friend who wanted to get into the motel business. He was trying to figure out if he really wanted to spend $3 million dollars to open up a motel in his area.
So I was thinking, what's going to make this motel business stand out? It's a pretty matured business.
Then I started thinking up some thoughts on what one could do to make a motel that was totally different from others.
I am gonna post some ideas here and you can add to them. It's a great thing to be creative and you never know when you will hit on a million dollar idea!
So here are some of the ideas.
- Call the place something like The Animal House Motel
- Market it as a great place to party.
- Pets are welcomed.
- All floors are tiled without rugs
- you can hold parties in the rooms
- beds fold up into the wall for maximum floor space
- there is a loud section and a quieter section of the motel
when you check in, you are asked which you prefer.
- big screen tv in the rooms?
- leather recliners?
- a great place to watch sports games with your friends?