Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Property Management Forums > Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs.

Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs. Questions on your truck, trailer, commercial lawn mowers, lawn mower, mower parts, lawn tractors, engines, edgers, trimmers, pole saws, aerators, hydro seeders, snow plows, chain saws, stump grinders??

What Brand Equipment Is Best


Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs.

Questions on your truck, trailer, commercial lawn mowers, lawn mower, mower parts, lawn tractors, engines, edgers, trimmers, pole saws, aerators, hydro seeders, snow plows, chain saws, stump grinders??
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 03-07-2012, 11:22 PM
mike affordable mike affordable is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: sutton massachusetts
Posts: 29
Rep Power: 4
mike affordable is on a distinguished road
Default What Brand Equipment Is Best

Hello Its Been Some Time Since I Been On The Forum First Of All I Want To Thank Steve For The E Mail It Is Very Help Full Ur The Best . Also As We Know Spring Is Around The Corner And Every Body Will Be Staying Busy I Hope . This Will Be My Second Season And Hope To Do Better Than Last .as We All Do. Any Way Im Looking To Add A Couple Of New Items To My Arsenal And Was Just Wondering What Brand Name Any Of U Guy Have Had Luck With Some Of My Stuff Is On Its Way Out Stringtrimmer .. Backpack And Small Trim Mower .. Thanks Any Feedback Is Greatly Appreciated..mike...:
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 03-08-2012, 10:07 AM
wandfsmall wandfsmall is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 925
Rep Power: 5
wandfsmall is on a distinguished road
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike affordable View Post
Hello Its Been Some Time Since I Been On The Forum First Of All I Want To Thank Steve For The E Mail It Is Very Help Full Ur The Best . Also As We Know Spring Is Around The Corner And Every Body Will Be Staying Busy I Hope . This Will Be My Second Season And Hope To Do Better Than Last .as We All Do. Any Way Im Looking To Add A Couple Of New Items To My Arsenal And Was Just Wondering What Brand Name Any Of U Guy Have Had Luck With Some Of My Stuff Is On Its Way Out Stringtrimmer .. Backpack And Small Trim Mower .. Thanks Any Feedback Is Greatly Appreciated..mike...:
I am looking from a repair standpoint but in my opinion your top quality trimmers and blowers would be Redmax, Husquvarna(also Redmax), and Echo. Your top Chainsaws are Husquvarna(XP units only), Redmax(Husquvarna) Jonsared(Husquvarna), Stihl, and Dolmar. The major deciding factor is if the repair shop knows how to set up and properly repair a unit.

For disclosure I am a Redmax dealer, I am so because I believe in the products. I am also easily the largest dealer(the only dealer with a mower line) in the county at the location I run. I am also not a fan of 4mix products as they require more maintenance then true 2cycles.
__________________
I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-09-2012, 12:00 PM
mike affordable mike affordable is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: sutton massachusetts
Posts: 29
Rep Power: 4
mike affordable is on a distinguished road
Default

thank you for your help i think im going with echo backpack / trimmer not sure on the mower yet need too take a look at my options .
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-09-2012, 12:35 PM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

String trimmers Shindiawa, Kawasaki, Stihl. I would put echo and husky right below them. At the price difference its not a bad buy for echo here. This would be the same for hedge trimmers.


For backpacks is shindiawa. I have a 640 and 802. They both have held up for years. I never tried a redmax but heard nothing but good things about them. I have a stihl br400, a little underpowered but reliable. I sold both my husky and echo backpacks after a year. They lost power and were built poorly. I would buy a top of the line blower the difference is night and day.

Chainsaws Jonsared, Dolmar, Stihl, and some of husky bigger saws. I even had a residential husky that held up to some abuse.

Husky might improve after buying redmax but then again redmax might be made inferior.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-09-2012, 11:13 PM
wandfsmall wandfsmall is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 925
Rep Power: 5
wandfsmall is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECTLANDSCAPING View Post
String trimmers Shindiawa, Kawasaki, Stihl. I would put echo and husky right below them. At the price difference its not a bad buy for echo here. This would be the same for hedge trimmers.


For backpacks is shindiawa. I have a 640 and 802. They both have held up for years. I never tried a redmax but heard nothing but good things about them. I have a stihl br400, a little underpowered but reliable. I sold both my husky and echo backpacks after a year. They lost power and were built poorly. I would buy a top of the line blower the difference is night and day.

Chainsaws Jonsared, Dolmar, Stihl, and some of husky bigger saws. I even had a residential husky that held up to some abuse.

Husky might improve after buying redmax but then again redmax might be made inferior.
After the purchase they have integrated some of the trimmers from redmax into husky, and husky fixed the problems with the redmax chainsaws bringing them up to a top quality saw, other then that they are leaving it alone for now. Shindiawa is essentially gone they have merged totally with echo and are more or less the same as echo now. And the reason I did not list Kawasaki is I expect dealer support to drop on them coming up with the new changes to the system they are implementing. Stihl is also having some issues with the valves just like echo where they loose power over time that is why redmax will have less problems it is the only true 2cycle left that meets epa standards. But I am finding the echo units are outlasting the stihl around here as to when they need valve adjustments. As for your pushmower a good quality honda or possibly a better toro or exmark unit would be nice by for the most part all of the other brands are made by murray so just pick a style you like and buy the cheapest paint job.
__________________
I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-10-2012, 12:59 AM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandfsmall View Post
After the purchase they have integrated some of the trimmers from redmax into husky, and husky fixed the problems with the redmax chainsaws bringing them up to a top quality saw, other then that they are leaving it alone for now. Shindiawa is essentially gone they have merged totally with echo and are more or less the same as echo now. And the reason I did not list Kawasaki is I expect dealer support to drop on them coming up with the new changes to the system they are implementing. Stihl is also having some issues with the valves just like echo where they loose power over time that is why redmax will have less problems it is the only true 2cycle left that meets epa standards. But I am finding the echo units are outlasting the stihl around here as to when they need valve adjustments. As for your pushmower a good quality honda or possibly a better toro or exmark unit would be nice by for the most part all of the other brands are made by murray so just pick a style you like and buy the cheapest paint job.
Unfortunately, this happened. It's quite disturbing to walk into my Shindaiwa dealer's showroom and see orange everywhere. I believe Echo is a very inferior product to Shindaiwa. When was the last time you saw Shindaiwa hanging at Home Depot? No one can leave well enough alone anymore. It's about the almighty dollar and who has the most. A few Japanese guys decided to deal with some other Japanese guys and create a win-win for all...so we'll see... I'm afraid this will happen to Redmax now.


Another solid brand with little dealer support is Tanaka.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-10-2012, 07:54 AM
wandfsmall wandfsmall is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 925
Rep Power: 5
wandfsmall is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECTLANDSCAPING View Post
Unfortunately, this happened. It's quite disturbing to walk into my Shindaiwa dealer's showroom and see orange everywhere. I believe Echo is a very inferior product to Shindaiwa. When was the last time you saw Shindaiwa hanging at Home Depot? No one can leave well enough alone anymore. It's about the almighty dollar and who has the most. A few Japanese guys decided to deal with some other Japanese guys and create a win-win for all...so we'll see... I'm afraid this will happen to Redmax now.


Another solid brand with little dealer support is Tanaka.
When Husquvarna bought redmax and started inforcing the pattents Shindaiwa had no choice but to change the trimmers. They were owned by the same company as echo so they just merged the two companies. I now nothing about Tanaka equipment as I have never worked on one, nor even seen one for that matter as I have never seen a dealer for them other then online. But that is most likly from my location. As for Husquvarna gutting redmax I doubt it They did not gut Jonsared when they bought them for the chainsaws so I do not expect them to do the same with redmax. Aslo they have owned them for about 6 years so I would think they would have already changed them if they were going to.
__________________
I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brand New... devine.pk Introduce Yourself 3 03-08-2011 09:41 PM
Spring Equipment Check-Up Guide For Outdoor Power Equipment from Gold Eagle Co. Gold Eagle Co. Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs. 1 03-17-2009 08:01 PM
Brand New here Angelik99 Introduce Yourself 8 10-18-2007 01:55 PM
New to not brand new pnplawn Show Off - Picture Post - Photo Gallery 4 10-03-2007 08:49 PM
Our brand Steve General Business Discussions 5 04-18-2006 11:34 PM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Peco Bagger
AGPS
11-18-2014 02:20 PM
Today 05:56 PM
by AGPS
9 232
Beginner Mistakes:...
Steve
01-31-2007 12:45 PM
Today 02:42 PM
by stevef1201
22 6,038
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
03-22-2014 10:12 AM
Yesterday 09:48 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
174 13,881
Hello from Kentucky
TRV
09-30-2014 06:42 PM
Yesterday 09:38 PM
by TRV
6 1,234
Contract or no contract?
TRV
11-20-2014 09:18 PM
Yesterday 09:33 PM
by TRV
3 111
Hi to you NOTHERNERS
stevef1201
11-11-2014 05:56 PM
Yesterday 08:02 PM
by stevef1201
4 278
Billboards for marketing
ExtremeLawncareServices
11-16-2014 08:39 PM
Yesterday 07:05 PM
by acrajchel
13 329
Pics for website
tbtigers03
Yesterday 05:40 PM
Yesterday 06:48 PM
by acrajchel
2 61
New website
Chilehead
11-20-2014 04:39 PM
Yesterday 06:43 PM
by Steve
3 98
Belt dealer problem
googus
Yesterday 08:45 AM
Yesterday 06:36 PM
by Steve
2 69
Good help is hard to find
Hanks Lawn Care Services
11-19-2014 03:27 PM
Yesterday 06:32 PM
by Steve
7 176
My site is on fronts page
tbtigers03
11-14-2014 05:58 PM
Yesterday 06:28 PM
by acrajchel
15 431
How to: Use Thumbtack...
acrajchel
11-17-2014 06:39 PM
Yesterday 06:07 PM
by acrajchel
15 432
What is going on with...
biglee
11-14-2014 03:04 PM
11-20-2014 02:50 PM
by biglee
40 891
My advice for new guys
avetslawncare
11-15-2014 09:32 AM
11-19-2014 01:47 PM
by biglee
10 435
Lawn Care business...
crieg122
10-23-2014 02:23 PM
11-19-2014 12:39 PM
by acrajchel
28 1,797
raking leaves ?
robert8509
10-22-2014 10:19 PM
11-18-2014 04:24 PM
by acrajchel
14 1,407
Leaf removal
madmedic8575
10-24-2014 05:14 PM
11-17-2014 07:34 PM
by acrajchel
6 1,150
sod job
SGlawncare
10-30-2014 09:21 PM
11-17-2014 07:10 PM
by acrajchel
7 727
Customer wants me to...
Mr. Mow
11-09-2014 07:13 AM
11-17-2014 06:48 PM
by acrajchel
10 479
Hello!
Brian3137
11-11-2014 07:15 PM
11-17-2014 06:46 PM
by acrajchel
14 423
small biz in Phoenix,AZ
anthonyramos1
11-08-2014 09:35 PM
11-17-2014 05:59 PM
by acrajchel
2 285
Client won't pay...
WesleySnips
10-30-2014 03:53 PM
11-17-2014 05:37 PM
by acrajchel
22 1,307
Government contracts
avetslawncare
11-15-2014 08:50 AM
11-17-2014 12:59 PM
by Steve
2 211
Need help on deciding a...
Brian3137
11-10-2014 06:32 PM
11-17-2014 12:44 PM
by Steve
12 475
West cost lawn prices
SGlawncare
10-09-2014 10:51 PM
11-16-2014 07:54 AM
by stevef1201
8 1,553
So how do you guys...
Mr. Mow
10-26-2014 08:55 AM
11-15-2014 08:44 AM
by avetslawncare
14 1,662
Truck, Trailer,...
hawthornelawncare
12-23-2011 01:01 AM
11-13-2014 08:35 AM
by jrs.landscaping
81 31,736
The most dangerous part...
Steve
10-06-2014 03:45 PM
11-12-2014 05:05 PM
by stevef1201
14 1,633
A little hang up in snow...
stevef1201
11-08-2014 07:05 AM
11-12-2014 12:51 PM
by Steve
4 392
Bi-weekly winter...
lxarth
11-04-2014 08:37 PM
11-12-2014 10:06 AM
by WesleySnips
9 587
taking first steps...
sizemorelawncare
11-10-2014 08:24 PM
11-11-2014 01:21 PM
by Steve
1 279
Back Pack Blower
Ian Lovejoy
11-09-2014 08:41 AM
11-11-2014 08:12 AM
by Just for Cuts
4 344
Business Cards
crieg122
10-25-2014 01:03 PM
11-11-2014 07:56 AM
by Just for Cuts
12 1,279
How the unregister?
alive101
11-04-2014 07:39 AM
11-10-2014 01:48 PM
by Steve
4 572
Belt adjustment question
googus
11-05-2014 06:43 AM
11-10-2014 01:38 PM
by Steve
5 477
New parking area
ExtremeLawncareServices
11-07-2014 09:47 PM
11-10-2014 01:25 PM
by Steve
2 310
Podcast
Shark1611
11-07-2014 05:42 PM
11-10-2014 11:41 AM
by Steve
1 269
hi, from Minnesota
rjklohn
11-07-2014 02:21 AM
11-07-2014 01:44 PM
by Steve
1 284
New to snow plowing
SS.Lawncare
11-05-2014 04:00 PM
11-07-2014 01:21 PM
by Steve
6 514
New Member
tonyap
11-05-2014 10:35 PM
11-07-2014 01:15 PM
by Steve
1 332
New to the business
jcurr33
11-05-2014 03:21 PM
11-07-2014 01:11 PM
by Steve
1 380
Lines
Matther777
11-04-2014 02:19 PM
11-07-2014 12:54 PM
by Steve
1 424
hello, new to this site
tonyorwig
10-31-2014 10:49 PM
11-04-2014 02:24 PM
by tonyorwig
3 622
Aloha from Hawaii.
Gary R
11-02-2014 12:44 AM
11-03-2014 03:02 PM
by Steve
1 521
Pavers
crieg122
10-28-2014 03:49 PM
10-31-2014 01:49 PM
by Steve
6 837
Hi Steve From West...
Mr. Mow
10-21-2014 02:59 PM
10-31-2014 12:56 PM
by Steve
5 1,151
Got my first lawn job...
SGL1
06-11-2014 10:19 PM
10-31-2014 10:53 AM
by Max Wagner
30 3,257
Gie-review / What's new...
ExtremeLawncareServices
10-25-2014 10:19 AM
10-31-2014 10:30 AM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
7 1,076
Business Name
sanchez5
10-29-2014 12:55 AM
10-31-2014 06:51 AM
by ringahding1
10 945
» Popular Tags
4wd aerocore apartment complex bark billy goat brushcutter bush charge christmas collections deliquentaccounts employee problems equipment rental estimate exmark ferris first truck foreman georgia gopherhaul gravely holiday how much to charge how to bid husqvarna hydraulic installation introduction jobs kawasaki landscape services lawn lawn care lawn care business podcast lawn care business seo lawn care business show lawn care business website lawn care business website seo lawn care seo lawn care website lawn care website seo lighting brass outdoor lights managing a lawn care business marketing mowing mr dave mulch mulch price new business ordinance podcast push versus ride redmax reo savannah scag v-ride seo shreaded small engine repair starting a business start up lawn care business steep lawns toro tractor auger trailer trimmer rack truck new used landscape walker won't return wood wright stander rh
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 PM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 PM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy