Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Just starting your lawn care or landscaping business? > Promote your products or services

Promote your products or services Do you want to promote your products or services to our lawn care business forum? Tell us what you have to offer. Post some specials or promotional offers. There is no better way to sell to a forum community than to get a few happy customers and then word will spread.

Oil Depot - Kansas City and Oklahoma City

Promote your products or services

Do you want to promote your products or services to our lawn care business forum? Tell us what you have to offer. Post some specials or promotional offers. There is no better way to sell to a forum community than to get a few happy customers and then word will spread.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:29 PM

bruces is on a distinguished road

my kid thought he was a dealer in highschool [he bought it for his mx bikes] but all his buddies were also all amsoil dealers .

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator

Old 02-16-2012, 09:56 AM

wandfsmall is on a distinguished road

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruces View Post
my kid thought he was a dealer in highschool [he bought it for his mx bikes] but all his buddies were also all amsoil dealers .
you know what is sad, I just get it from a customer of mine, never did the paperwork to be a dealer myself as they sell it to me wholesale...
I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts
Old 02-16-2012, 10:22 AM

OilDepot is on a distinguished road

You are absolutely correct. Anyone on this forum can sign up to become a dealer at www.amsoil.com; however, I am not suggesting or pestering anyone on this forum to become a dealer, a member, pay fees, etc to buy products from us. Simply I am providing visibility for my company: Oil Depot. We sell Amsoil products. We believe Amsoil produces a high quality synthetic based on experience and personal use. I can't say Amsoil is the best in every category, but overall they produce great products.

What sets Oil Depot apart from other Amsoil dealers is that we have storefront and warehouse locations in Kansas City and Oklahoma City. Customers can stop by and pick up whatever the need and don't have to bother waiting for it to be shipped, of course every once in awhile we have items on back order due to popular demand. We also sell to other retailers as well commercial users.

It is my understanding that Briggs & Stratton approached Amsoil for the synthetic racing formula. I understand money plays a big role in any negotiation, but are you suggesting Briggs & Stratton would risk their name and credibility, just for the sake of going with the lowest bidder.

If you have had warranty issues in the past by using your preferred lubrication manufacturer, I would suggest you get a lawyer. It is illegal for any manufacture to void a warranty on the basis of a tie-in sales provision i.e. lubrication, unless the manufacturer provided a remedy free of charge and the consumer failed to use it. (Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act)

Thanks for posting. If you have any other questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to call, email, or post and I will respond quickly and efficiently.

Matt
Old 02-16-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilDepot View Post
If you have had warranty issues in the past by using your preferred lubrication manufacturer, I would suggest you get a lawyer. It is illegal for any manufacture to void a warranty on the basis of a tie-in sales provision i.e. lubrication, unless the manufacturer provided a remedy free of charge and the consumer failed to use it. (Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act)
Let me explain how the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act does not apply here. Yes the law says I nor a manufacture can tell you that you have to use a specific brand of oil in your trimmer such as you can use a echo oil in a stihl trimmer. HOWEVER they can specify that you have to use a FD rated oil mixed at 50:1 for warranty. The last bottle of saber I saw did not say it was FD rated just recommended for use in a engine that required FD oil. Hell I can recommend using water instead of oil that does not make it a good idea, but it also would not be warranty either. Even if it is now FD rated however you still have the problem of the bottle says to mix the oil at 100:1 when the equipment says 50:1 therefor not doing the correct service of the engine, also voiding the Warranty Act. Warranty centers do not make the final decision on Warranty repairs we can fight for you but the less we do that the better our results are when it is a good customer of ours. I would not expect a warranty center to fight for you using the wrong mix ratio. I have no problem with you pushing your products here, just thought the briggs thing was a little over the top for amsoil.

AND YES BRIGGS WOULD DO THAT!
I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts

Last edited by wandfsmall; 02-16-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:47 PM

Ratios as well as lubrication ratings are just a recommendation not a requirement from the manufacturer. Using 100:1 will not void a warranty. A manufacturer will recommend a ratio or specify an FD rating or that an Equivalent rating is required to maintain the warranty, so using water would void a warranty because it does not meet the specified ratings or equivalent. Saber has equivalent ratings and specifications beyond just a FD specification.

If you had a failure due to using Saber you need to send your product back to the manufacturer and make them prove it was the lubrication product that caused the failure. If it was proven that it was a lubrication product that caused the failure you need to send it to Amsoil and have them replace it. Either way you should have been covered.

As for Briggs & Stratton it was a performance based decision not solely based on the cost. It is presumptuous to think that Briggs & Stratton would risk their name and credibility for the sake of saving money. While it may have been a factor, Briggs & Stratton is competing with Briggs clones from Asian markets and looking for a high performance lubricant.

Would you like me to remove the article? It seems it has sparked some fury with you. I am not pushing Oil Depot on anyone, simply letting people know what we offer and where we are located.

Thanks for you post. Let me know if you have more questions or concerns.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:23 PM

Here let me answer your comments.

ok since oil amounts are just recommendations I should just mix mine 200:1 it would save a lot of money on oil right... WRONG they are not suggestions they are instructions and if you read your instruction manual you will find this out.

And when you have a failure you should send the product back to the manufacture so they can prove it is a oil product that caused the failure. Yeah the only thing a mechanic can will see is that it was lack of oil that caused the failure(could be caused by the 100:1 mix being less oil then the 50:1 they were supposed to be using) causing the user to fit the bill for the shipping to the factory to tell them the same thing as the dealer told them.

Also since when is amsoil FD rated? Unless my memory is off JASO is the only ones testing 2cycle oil at this time. So when Amsoil tested? You will see a logo like this if it was.. Saying something is for use in an FD application is different from act being tested at that level. I can say I have the IQ of a MENSA member but until I have the membership papers I can not prove it to be so.

And honestly it was the sabor ad that caused me to fire up just have been busy working on a new website and did not answer till the other one caught me on a bad day.

I have amsoil products as well, not in my webstore as I do not currently ship oil but I do not recommend products that I think will shorten the life of equipment. And mixing oil at 100:1 in my opinion will shorten the life of your 2cycle.

Last edited by wandfsmall; 02-16-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:13 PM

Using AMSOIL Saber Professional (ATP) or AMSOIL Saber Outboard (ATO) at 100:1 mix ratios, where 50:1 is recommended by the manufacturer, will not void warranties. For more information, contact AMSOIL Technical Services at (715) 399-8324.

If you knew you had a lubrication failure why did you not send it to Amsoil?

I never said Saber had an FD rating, but it has an FD equivalent. Amsoil can not make claims, such as "specifically designed for small engines including, but not limited to, chainsaws, lawn equipment, blowers, chop saws, pumps, scooters, and go-carts," "Saber Professional is recommended for pre-mix where ISO-L-EGD, JASO FD or API TC is specified." Again, Amsoil can not make these claims if they are not accurate. Amsoil is not going to risk being sued or made liable by making false claims.

So as I mentioned it has a rating that meets or exceeds the JASO FD specification and is multi-functional product. I have commercial customers who love Saber and have never had any problems with their equipment or product. Some run 100:1 and some run 50:1. I do not recommend one ratio over the other when discussing this product. Amsoil states with Saber you can run 100:1, 80:1, and 50:1 so choose whatever you feel comfortable with when mixing.

The Saber data bulletin is attached in this discussion if you would like to review the legally binding claims made by Amsoil.

Thanks for the comments and posts. If you have more questions, concerns, or comments feel free.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:29 AM

ok who is amsoil rated by and how is this an equivalent rating? Last I checked JACO was the only rating system available to 2cycle oils. If not since they say it is equivalent why not get it rated by JACO?

number two my understanding from reading the Moss act is that you do not have to use the recommended oil for a piece of equipment but still have to service the equipment within the specified standards. This is also backed up with the Amsoil warranty that states that amsoil will not cover the following.

Failure of equipment when AMSOIL lubricants are not used in strict accordance with either the written recom-
mendations of AMSOIL INC. or the OEM for warranty coverage. The customer or user is solely responsible for
determining a product’s merchantability or fitness (“suitability”) for a particular purpose and assumes all risks
and liabilities when used other than in strict accordance with either the written recommendations of AMSOIL
or the OEM for warranty coverage.

I will agree you still have a warranty after using amsoil HOWEVER a lack of lubrication issue(the only issues this oil could cause) will not be covered and the dealer can not fight with the manufacture for you when you do not mix you oil to the correct specs. It will then be up to you to fight amsoil in court if they do not approve it to get your equipment covered. I have said the same stuff about opti oil and will stick by my statement OIL IS CHEAP TAKE CARE OF YOUR EQUIPMENT and if you use sabor to 50:1 you will find it very expensive.

Last edited by wandfsmall; 02-17-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:54 PM

As we both have mentioned cost plays a big factor in any business deal, that would be my guess as to why Amsoil has not gotten Saber spec'd with a JASO rating. It is not cost effective, to constantly be re-certifying products when a manufacture makes an adjustment. Amsoil makes the adjustment through their own certification and then is able to publicly make the claim that their product meets or exceeds the JASO rating.

Again, Amsoil can not make claims about any of their products if they have not been tested, modified, re-tested, re-modified, etc. It is not logical to think Amsoil would just whip together this product and say - yep, that will meet JASO FD rating specifications. There is too much liability in doing that.

I agree there is some consumer responsibility in choosing the appropriate product. As you've mentioned, putting water in your equipment as a lubrication method. That would not be a responsible consumer choice, because the equipment will require oil.

Amsoil claims you can run Saber at 100:1 in any application or recommended ratio. That claim is a legal binding statement. If you want to run richer than 100:1, go for it, it is your preference and there's nothing wrong with that. If you want to run richer than 100:1 we have other oils that may better fit your confidence in your lubrication. It is the same with drain intervals in your truck. Some guys go 15,000+ miles on one oil change, others get their oil analyzed and run 45,000+, change their filter and keep going, then you have those that are not comfortable with more than 3000 miles and change it then. All the Amsoil claims and products are tested and modified to meet manufacturer recommendations. But you can not say that it will void your warranty, ruin your equipment, etc. because it has been certified and approved to meet or exceed the manufactures recommendations.

I agree oil is insurance for your equipment, so do you really want to cheap out and not use something that is going to make your equipment run cleaner, more efficient, produce better wear, and extend the life.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:50 PM

I forgot to tell you...I have been in contact with Briggs & Stratton and this is what they had to say about the Amsoil partnership.
Matt, It’s a lot to say but an awesome product. This will be available in a couple of weeks. I would say look for information on our website – www.briggsracing.com and Amsoil’s site in the near future – www.Amsoil.com.

Best regards,

Dave
Klaus.David@basco.com