Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Just starting your lawn care or landscaping business? > Promote your products or services

Promote your products or services Do you want to promote your products or services to our lawn care business forum? Tell us what you have to offer. Post some specials or promotional offers. There is no better way to sell to a forum community than to get a few happy customers and then word will spread.

8 reasons why DoodyCalls is a perfect add-on business for lawn care services


Promote your products or services

Do you want to promote your products or services to our lawn care business forum? Tell us what you have to offer. Post some specials or promotional offers. There is no better way to sell to a forum community than to get a few happy customers and then word will spread.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 08-03-2011, 03:20 PM
DoodyCalls Franchises's Avatar
DoodyCalls Franchises DoodyCalls Franchises is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12
Rep Power: 4
DoodyCalls Franchises is on a distinguished road
Default 8 reasons why DoodyCalls is a perfect add-on business for lawn care services

For owners of lawn care services, DoodyCalls is a perfect add-on business that can provide you with a new source of revenue. Additionally, because pet waste removal is a natural extension of the services already provided, adding it to the company’s operations has minimal impact on the way business is already being done.

Here are eight reasons why DoodyCalls is a perfect addition to many lawn care businesses:
  1. Pet waste removal is a simple service to provide. You walk the customer’s yard, scoop the poop into a bag, dispose of the waste, then clean your tools. No special expertise is needed.
  2. DoodyCalls is a successful and well-known brand. As a business owner, you know how important it is to build a brand locally. With systems, support and a large and growing collection of professionally designed marketing materials, we make branding easier and more effective.
  3. Low barriers to entry and minimal startup costs. Apart from a truck (which you already have), the only pieces of equipment you need are dust pans, rakes and garbage bags.
  4. Easy integration. The beauty of integrating a franchise is that you don’t have to start from scratch. Instead, you get an already developed business concept, support system and brand. With DoodyCalls, you’re adding a revenue stream, not a headache.
  5. You have customers today. The people who hire a lawn care service are the same ones who hire a pet waste removal service. If you have clients with dogs, you’re practically in business already.
  6. Seasonality control. The peak season for pet waste removal services is the late fall through early spring, when demand for many lawn care services tends to slow down.
  7. As an industry, this type of lawn service is experiencing major gains in 2011. The Wall Street Journal published a great report on the topic recently, titled: “This Business Grows Every Time Fido Does His”
  8. Our 2011 Commitment to Marketing campaign. Starting this year, during the first twelve months of opening your DoodyCalls franchise, we will reimburse you up to $12,500 for advertising and promotional expenses.

Do you have a lawn care business that could use an additional revenue stream? Take a look around our franchising site to learn about the DoodyCalls franchise opportunity. When you’re ready to talk, just let us know – we’re always happy to speak with entrepreneurs about franchise integration.

To get in touch, you can reach Paul Martell, our Director of Franchise Recruitment, by phone at 603-746-2056 or by email at pmartell@doodycalls.com. You can also request more information here.
__________________
DoodyCalls
"When nature calls, we answer.
http://franchising.doodycalls.com
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 08-03-2011, 04:08 PM
shadrach's Avatar
shadrach shadrach is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 256
Rep Power: 5
shadrach is on a distinguished road
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
42k plus 9% seems a bit much.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Ducke's Avatar
Ducke Ducke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Duck Pond
Posts: 844
Rep Power: 4
Ducke is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoodyCalls Franchises View Post
For owners of lawn care services, DoodyCalls is a perfect add-on business that can provide you with a new source of revenue. Additionally, because pet waste removal is a natural extension of the services already provided, adding it to the company’s operations has minimal impact on the way business is already being done.

Here are eight reasons why DoodyCalls is a perfect addition to many lawn care businesses:
  1. Pet waste removal is a simple service to provide. You walk the customer’s yard, scoop the poop into a bag, dispose of the waste, then clean your tools. No special expertise is needed.
  2. DoodyCalls is a successful and well-known brand. As a business owner, you know how important it is to build a brand locally. With systems, support and a large and growing collection of professionally designed marketing materials, we make branding easier and more effective.
  3. Low barriers to entry and minimal startup costs. Apart from a truck (which you already have), the only pieces of equipment you need are dust pans, rakes and garbage bags.
  4. Easy integration. The beauty of integrating a franchise is that you don’t have to start from scratch. Instead, you get an already developed business concept, support system and brand. With DoodyCalls, you’re adding a revenue stream, not a headache.
  5. You have customers today. The people who hire a lawn care service are the same ones who hire a pet waste removal service. If you have clients with dogs, you’re practically in business already.
  6. Seasonality control. The peak season for pet waste removal services is the late fall through early spring, when demand for many lawn care services tends to slow down.
  7. As an industry, this type of lawn service is experiencing major gains in 2011. The Wall Street Journal published a great report on the topic recently, titled: “This Business Grows Every Time Fido Does His”
  8. Our 2011 Commitment to Marketing campaign. Starting this year, during the first twelve months of opening your DoodyCalls franchise, we will reimburse you up to $12,500 for advertising and promotional expenses.

Do you have a lawn care business that could use an additional revenue stream? Take a look around our franchising site to learn about the DoodyCalls franchise opportunity. When you’re ready to talk, just let us know – we’re always happy to speak with entrepreneurs about franchise integration.

To get in touch, you can reach Paul Martell, our Director of Franchise Recruitment, by phone at 603-746-2056 or by email at pmartell@doodycalls.com. You can also request more information here.

I don't want to sound funny but I have to watch what I type here but this job sound Pretty Crappy (I said it would sound funny). Why would anyone want to pick up dog crap for a living ???
I'm sorry but times would really have to be bad to get up every day and enjoy going to work.
__________________
Ducke's lawn Care and Introducing Duck's Seasonal Decor.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-03-2011, 09:16 PM
Fisher Fisher is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: White Bluff, TN
Posts: 156
Rep Power: 4
Fisher is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadrach View Post
42k plus 9% seems a bit much.
On top of that you have to provide your own dustpan and garbage bags. With this being a "natural extension" of the work we already do for the name we've already built or are building for ourselves, I just don't see myself buying into a franchise who's name will shadow my own. I also believe that if it were a service that we offered that we would only more sensibly offer it on our own as an additional service and even be enabled to do it at a lower cost for a few simple reasons.

1) I'm already there performing a service that has paid for the trip there.

2) I don't like running over the waste anyhow, would almost rather just clean up a little before hand if I had to than to do it after weed eating through it.

3) We aren't stuck with a debt of 42K to have to recover as well as the 9%. Which for me would be better spent on leaf clean up equipment like an Sc-25 Yard Mule and enough left over to pick up a decent Trac Vac though they don't come with dust pans either.

I have a few more reasons as well. Not to knock it as I see guys out there that do nothing but this service, and for a one man crew (other than your fees here) I bet he clears more after overhead and all than a one man LCO.

I am curious now about insurance requirements for such a venture and believe I'll ask my agent how much a rider for this service would run.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-04-2011, 08:37 AM
DoodyCalls Franchises's Avatar
DoodyCalls Franchises DoodyCalls Franchises is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12
Rep Power: 4
DoodyCalls Franchises is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducke View Post
Why would anyone want to pick up dog crap for a living ???
You know.. that's a question we get a lot.

Truth is - the majority of our franchise owners don't scoop poop at all. They hire employees to handle the scooping aspect of the operation while they focus on company building/management.

Quite a few of our franchisees own and operate multiple businesses - lawn care, junk removal, residential construction, moulding, moving trucks.. just to name a few. To them, DoodyCalls is an additional revenue stream. They hire employees, utilize the support systems and work to automate the business.
__________________
DoodyCalls
"When nature calls, we answer.
http://franchising.doodycalls.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 36,513
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

When you are working with a business owner who already has a lawn care business up and running, what is the best way for them to integrate the Doody Calls Franchise in with their business?

Is it best that they have another vehicle with the graphics all done up for the pet waste removal? Or do they transfer their current lawn care truck and equipment set up to include the graphics of your system?
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-04-2011, 03:33 PM
DoodyCalls Franchises's Avatar
DoodyCalls Franchises DoodyCalls Franchises is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 12
Rep Power: 4
DoodyCalls Franchises is on a distinguished road
Default

Ultimately, it depends on the individual & the business they currently have running.. Ideally, it's best to manage the two as separate - but overlapping - entities that leverage each other to optimize the entire operation.

If possible, it's best to have a dedicated truck for DoodyCalls. There are two reasons for this:

First, the truck is a remarkably effective moving billboard. We attract more customers with our trucks than we do from any other marketing method (and we do a lot of promo activities). Those are new clients calling because of DoodyCalls and they're ripe for the upselling of lawn services after the fact.

Secondly, while the clientele between services is very similar and there will certainly be customers who want both services, there will also undoubtedly be customers who only want one or the other. It would be a poor allocation of resources to send a truck, trailer & crew to scoop a yard when all of those resources are not necessary.

Again, it really depends on how the individual wants to operate.

Both lawn care & pet waste removal are sustainable businesses all on their own, but there's a lot of opportunity with the overlap.
__________________
DoodyCalls
"When nature calls, we answer.
http://franchising.doodycalls.com
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Johnny_boy02 Johnny_boy02 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 141
Rep Power: 4
Johnny_boy02 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducke View Post
I don't want to sound funny but I have to watch what I type here but this job sound Pretty Crappy (I said it would sound funny). Why would anyone want to pick up dog crap for a living ???
I'm sorry but times would really have to be bad to get up every day and enjoy going to work.
I started as a pet waste removal service and added lawn care because customers asked me to.

As for why I started a business. My love of animals and money, a home, a car, being my own boss, it is year round, etc. It is a low stress low impact job that if you plan correctly you can easily make $50.00+ an hour. The overhead is low and the start up costs are pretty much nothing.

Now why would you want to add this to your lawn care business? Because you you can increase you service cost by $9-13 for five extra minutes of work.

But hey man ride that high horse all the way to fall/ winter when lawn work slows down. I will be out there working with a smile on my face all thanks to dog ****.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Johnny_boy02 Johnny_boy02 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 141
Rep Power: 4
Johnny_boy02 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher View Post

I am curious now about insurance requirements for such a venture and believe I'll ask my agent how much a rider for this service would run.
Like I said above I started as pet waste removal and added lawn care.

My insurance didnt know how to classify me so they put under lawn service. So I am assuming the cost would be near the same.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Ducke's Avatar
Ducke Ducke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Duck Pond
Posts: 844
Rep Power: 4
Ducke is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_boy02 View Post
I started as a pet waste removal service and added lawn care because customers asked me to.

As for why I started a business. My love of animals and money, a home, a car, being my own boss, it is year round, etc. It is a low stress low impact job that if you plan correctly you can easily make $50.00+ an hour. The overhead is low and the start up costs are pretty much nothing.

Now why would you want to add this to your lawn care business? Because you you can increase you service cost by $9-13 for five extra minutes of work.

But hey man ride that high horse all the way to fall/ winter when lawn work slows down. I will be out there working with a smile on my face all thanks to dog ****.
I still wouldn't Shovel Sh!t for any money.
I have way more work then I can handle now and as for winter I'll be smiling sitting in my toasty warm house while someone else scoops Frozen Crap.

besides if I wanted to shovel Sh!t i would have gone into Politics.
__________________
Ducke's lawn Care and Introducing Duck's Seasonal Decor.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
add-on, branding, entrepreneurship, franchise, marketing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
J & M Lawn Care Services, LLC jmlawncare Introduce Yourself 3 09-03-2010 12:09 PM
Making the most of lawn care business upsells? GopherHaul Lawn Care Business Marketin Steve GopherHaul Lawn Care Business Show, Video, Book & Podcast Discussions. 0 08-12-2009 10:04 PM
Making the most of lawn care business upsells? GopherHaul Lawn Care Business Marketin Steve Lawn Care Business Marketing - GopherHaul Forum News 0 08-12-2009 10:02 PM
Lawn care business sales lesson - GopherHaul Lawn Care Business Marketing Show Steve GopherHaul Lawn Care Business Show, Video, Book & Podcast Discussions. 0 07-30-2009 04:03 PM
Lawn care business sales lesson - GopherHaul Lawn Care Business Marketing Show Steve Lawn Care Business Marketing - GopherHaul Forum News 0 07-30-2009 04:01 PM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Dealing With Gas Can...
Mr. Mow
10-21-2014 01:41 PM
Today 12:35 PM
by Steve
8 236
Workmans compensation...
CDLAWNCARE
10-15-2014 08:05 AM
Today 12:33 PM
by Steve
5 469
Hi from SoCal
Jmoney
Today 11:29 AM
Today 11:29 AM
by Jmoney
0 6
Cheapskate Landlord...
Mr. Mow
10-20-2014 06:33 AM
Today 11:00 AM
by stevef1201
12 338
raking leaves ?
robert8509
Yesterday 09:19 PM
Today 09:23 AM
by robert8509
4 108
hey everyone
robert8509
Yesterday 08:16 PM
Today 09:10 AM
by robert8509
2 78
12 Years in Business!
Chilehead
Today 08:07 AM
Today 08:07 AM
by Chilehead
0 23
Pda
stevef1201
10-18-2014 02:05 PM
Today 06:12 AM
by ringahding1
4 311
Leaf Box & Loader Set...
ringahding1
10-21-2014 06:20 AM
Today 05:13 AM
by ringahding1
5 211
Pressure Washing Like a...
TNTurf
08-01-2014 11:47 PM
Yesterday 01:33 PM
by Steve
9 769
Hello, from TEXAS
sanchez5
10-17-2014 09:56 PM
Yesterday 01:27 PM
by Steve
6 390
Organic Lawn Care...
NHray
10-17-2014 06:05 PM
Yesterday 01:23 PM
by Steve
3 362
Hi Steve From West...
Mr. Mow
10-21-2014 01:59 PM
Yesterday 01:19 PM
by Steve
1 139
Help a brother...
tbtigers03
09-28-2014 11:41 AM
Yesterday 08:51 AM
by ringahding1
12 1,501
first year update
cmdlawncare
08-12-2014 05:41 PM
Yesterday 07:47 AM
by ringahding1
4 1,319
What parts do you carry...
Just for Cuts
10-17-2014 09:08 AM
10-21-2014 01:36 PM
by Mr. Mow
16 646
Jungle to Beautiful
stevef1201
10-17-2014 09:54 AM
10-21-2014 01:26 PM
by stevef1201
11 490
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
03-22-2014 09:12 AM
10-21-2014 01:19 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
158 11,367
Sunny Beach Tennis...
SGL1
10-19-2014 11:24 PM
10-21-2014 01:04 PM
by SGL1
4 247
Have you ever had to...
SouthernRootsLawnCare
07-26-2014 02:41 PM
10-20-2014 08:34 PM
by biglee
10 1,798
Look out Bob Villa -...
Mr Dave
09-30-2014 10:06 AM
10-20-2014 05:42 PM
by SGL1
7 1,306
how to fi d commercial...
mchampion319
10-19-2014 09:50 PM
10-20-2014 04:41 PM
by Steve
1 218
Hello From Tennessee
mrmann901
10-17-2014 10:02 PM
10-20-2014 04:24 PM
by Steve
1 289
questions on order to...
jack2048
10-13-2014 11:15 AM
10-20-2014 03:27 PM
by Mr. Mow
15 732
This sucks...
Matther777
09-18-2014 04:56 PM
10-20-2014 02:14 PM
by Steve
14 2,187
Cement mixer
KevinsLawns
10-15-2014 08:03 PM
10-20-2014 02:11 PM
by Steve
7 471
Hello ! New guy Rob here
RWorthley1
10-17-2014 04:05 PM
10-20-2014 02:09 PM
by Steve
1 313
Snow Blowing
gwilson98
10-12-2014 02:21 PM
10-17-2014 02:51 PM
by Steve
6 652
Spreading Weeds?
WesleySnips
07-27-2014 09:46 PM
10-17-2014 07:49 AM
by SGL1
6 953
Grasswhoopins.com Anyone...
GRASS WHOOPINS
06-21-2011 11:38 PM
10-16-2014 01:30 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
42 9,316
I Want to buy old...
ExtremeLawncareServices
10-10-2014 10:04 PM
10-15-2014 09:12 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
6 682
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 11:18 AM
10-15-2014 06:43 PM
by NHray
1,190 340,195
Do you find weed eating...
chuck2s
10-15-2014 02:10 PM
10-15-2014 02:10 PM
by chuck2s
0 400
Incorporating &...
WesleySnips
10-01-2014 09:39 PM
10-15-2014 01:37 PM
by kslawn
20 1,498
Falling into business
stellarmowing
09-28-2014 04:35 PM
10-15-2014 05:57 AM
by ringahding1
8 1,512
Apartment Complex and...
lxarth
06-22-2011 01:10 PM
10-14-2014 06:25 PM
by jrs.landscaping
42 9,596
I LOVE hedge trimming
stevef1201
10-13-2014 09:05 AM
10-14-2014 01:06 PM
by Steve
5 541
Help with seeder...
ExtremeLawncareServices
10-09-2014 07:39 AM
10-13-2014 08:09 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
5 699
The Market watch
WesleySnips
10-12-2014 08:47 PM
10-13-2014 05:40 PM
by SGL1
3 536
Help pricing a large...
Bradcook21
10-07-2014 06:49 AM
10-13-2014 02:00 PM
by Steve
7 885
leaf removal
Double J LLC
10-03-2014 04:24 PM
10-13-2014 06:46 AM
by Billy Goat
19 1,522
Acerage Rake
acrajchel
04-23-2014 07:23 PM
10-12-2014 10:53 PM
by SGL1
2 846
John Deere z235 Deck
WesleySnips
09-29-2014 06:02 PM
10-12-2014 06:20 PM
by kslawn
25 1,659
Credit card contract
SGL1
10-06-2014 05:31 PM
10-12-2014 03:40 PM
by SGL1
18 1,074
Truck craft dump bed...
ExtremeLawncareServices
10-04-2014 08:41 PM
10-10-2014 11:35 AM
by Steve
7 977
First Time River Rock...
berryjam
10-09-2014 06:09 PM
10-10-2014 11:08 AM
by Steve
2 622
West cost lawn prices
SGlawncare
10-09-2014 09:51 PM
10-10-2014 11:03 AM
by Steve
1 609
Question?what should I...
dalvan0
09-24-2014 11:10 PM
10-09-2014 05:58 PM
by kslawn
28 2,151
Mowing the hills
EyeCatchersNow
07-08-2014 12:22 PM
10-09-2014 04:19 PM
by Just for Cuts
25 3,027
snowplowing
jshak40
09-01-2014 07:20 AM
10-09-2014 02:21 PM
by Steve
25 3,667
» Popular Tags
4wd apartment complex article marketing bark bid blades bob villa charge collections collections subcontractor commercial decorating ditches edging employee problems estimate exmark ferris fundraiser gopherhaul gravely growing a lawn care business hardscapes honda how much to charge installation introduction landscape services lawn lawn care lawn care business lawn care business seo lawn care business show lawn care business website lawn care business website seo lawn care website marketing monthly mr dave mulch mulch price new mower past due patio install podcast promotion pto redmax reo running a business scag search engine optimization seo shell small engine repair snow starting a business start up lawn care business steep lawns steve stihl theft of services top dresser toro toro grand stand trimmer rack truck new used landscape turfgrass consulting walker won't return
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy