Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Just starting your lawn care or landscaping business? > Promote your products or services

Promote your products or services Do you want to promote your products or services to our lawn care business forum? Tell us what you have to offer. Post some specials or promotional offers. There is no better way to sell to a forum community than to get a few happy customers and then word will spread.

Grasswhoopins.com Anyone In Kc Mo?


Promote your products or services

Do you want to promote your products or services to our lawn care business forum? Tell us what you have to offer. Post some specials or promotional offers. There is no better way to sell to a forum community than to get a few happy customers and then word will spread.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #11  
Old 06-26-2011, 07:31 PM
Ducke's Avatar
Ducke Ducke is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Duck Pond
Posts: 844
Rep Power: 0
Ducke is on a distinguished road
Default

*Do you have a written business plan ??
*Do you have a financial report for potential Partners ??
*What is your back ground ?
*How many year have you been in the Business ?
*Do you have financial partners or are you doing this out of your own pocket ?
*Are you a member of and national or State Lawn Care / Landscape Associations ?
These are just some of the question I would have for you if you approached me.

Here's a question
Why would I want to give up my company profits to you to do the work I already do and get 100% of the profit ??

The whole idea seem a little out in left field, some what of a fantasy.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #12  
Old 06-26-2011, 09:23 PM
Hedgemaster Hedgemaster is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,772
Rep Power: 0
Hedgemaster is on a distinguished road
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducke View Post
(snip...)

The whole idea seem a little out in left field, some what of a fantasy.
Meh. I dunno... I know a guy who does something like this. He advertises services in areas that he himself doesn't cover, but he knows guys in those areas that he calls when he needs them. Basically, he gets a percentage of what they make on a job. He's subcontracting the work out - he's not a "partner" with them and they don't work under his name.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-26-2011, 10:09 PM
wandfsmall wandfsmall is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 925
Rep Power: 5
wandfsmall is on a distinguished road
Default

sounds dangerous I hope your covering your but for when it all goes south.... make sure you have iron clad contracts as some of these partners will try to clean you out...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-26-2011, 10:23 PM
USA Lawn Care USA Lawn Care is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 62
Rep Power: 5
USA Lawn Care is on a distinguished road
Default

it's subcontracting.
I'm doing it also.........it works just fine for me and yes, believe it or not, you can actually sub out nationally.
And, yes, I have a detailed business plan that I am following.
It's quite amazing that I can take something as simple as having 1 guy mow 5 or 10 accounts (not enough to get his britches in a bind when it rains) and multiply that however many times I feel like doing it absolutely anywhere.
I have accounts in my own city, along with 4 other cities that are within 1-2 hours away working the same plan............reliable guy......mowing 5-10 accounts for me.......over and over and over.
Love it or hate it.....it works.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-26-2011, 11:00 PM
Liberty Landscaping LLC Liberty Landscaping LLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Woodbridge, NJ
Posts: 243
Rep Power: 6
Liberty Landscaping LLC is on a distinguished road
Default

Ok I kinda understand where your going with this USA but that's not how he is putting it. He calls it merging or partnering. Where he gets an even split of my profit. This seems like the service magic system of we get clients for you and you pay us $12 even if they choose not to take you. With USA they are sharing the profit on a job that they are doing. Not sure what he does if he refers someone as "sub contractor" and they don't take the sub as a LCO. I'm just saying why am I splitting my profits in a world that the money doesn't make me rich as it is because your "paying your cousins" to make cold calls that myself or someone I pay can do for me and I keep all the profits. Yea I get calls and I say call XYZ company if it's something I don't do or I feel it's to big for me. Do I ask them for money absoultely not but if they hand me 20 I say thanks. I have refered about twenty people to three different companies and I don't do it expecting a profit from reffering them. That's my theory I'm not sharing my income with someone out of state that's not direct marketing for my company and getting in the field and helping me out. Good luck to you if it's working but wait for that first law suit of well he threw a rock through my window. Or he sprayed XYZ chemical and my whole lawn/landscape needs to be replaced but I called USA/GRASS WHOOPINGS not Mike Lawn's Service.....guess what your both beat unless you have it in your contract with Mike's Lawn Service that he takes all the financial and legal obligations and even then they will probably sue you anyway because most likely your bigger and have more $$$$.....and you might wanna look into your insurance I know they asked me if I sub out work or if I am a sub for someone else. There is a huge possiblity to loose it all over a few hundred or thosand bucks. Good LUCK! All I gotta say is I ain't beat for it.
__________________
Liberty Landscaping LLC
www.libertylndscpng.com
Woodbridge, NJ
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-26-2011, 11:26 PM
GRASS WHOOPINS's Avatar
GRASS WHOOPINS GRASS WHOOPINS is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 17
Rep Power: 5
GRASS WHOOPINS is on a distinguished road
Default

You guys are blowing it all out of proportion. Im trying to get rich, and just do exactly what you are doing, so all in all we are competetors, and are debating eachother and basically telling me im an idiot. I just need more clients, and if someone new to the game has is a$$ in the weeds because he has gotten to many clients, and wants more, but needs a "helper" then we take all the accounts, and I show him my business proposal, and I show him that we are going for the clientel. If you have not seen my website, which I have looked at most of yours, and granted their nice. Mine is easy, bold and straight to the point. My point im after is... I want more clients as well, but I wont be able to handle more by myself, so if I find someone who is wanting more as well, but cant, then we come together, and not go 50/50 because Im basically looking for someone to share the "dream" that I have, and eventually make him and I a rich man/lady. I guess I really dont know how to explain it "online" but if you had 26 clients, and you were getting your butt handed to you, and if I had 50 clients, and need help, I would want this guy with 26, now having 76 clients, and looking for 24 more equalling to 100 we hire our third person, and I give them $600 a week, and we continue to get more clients, and every 100 houses, they get $600 a week, and as more clients come in, the more money the very first team makes. Letting everyone else get raises as well. You have to get in my mind and see where im going with this. So my question is: Do you live in Kc Mo and have a few clients, and want to work with me, and get more and more clients, so we can start making the real money. Thanks guys. I hope you understand a little more...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-26-2011, 11:31 PM
GRASS WHOOPINS's Avatar
GRASS WHOOPINS GRASS WHOOPINS is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 17
Rep Power: 5
GRASS WHOOPINS is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Landscaping LLC View Post
Ok I kinda understand where your going with this USA but that's not how he is putting it. He calls it merging or partnering. Where he gets an even split of my profit. This seems like the service magic system of we get clients for you and you pay us $12 even if they choose not to take you. With USA they are sharing the profit on a job that they are doing. Not sure what he does if he refers someone as "sub contractor" and they don't take the sub as a LCO. I'm just saying why am I splitting my profits in a world that the money doesn't make me rich as it is because your "paying your cousins" to make cold calls that myself or someone I pay can do for me and I keep all the profits. Yea I get calls and I say call XYZ company if it's something I don't do or I feel it's to big for me. Do I ask them for money absoultely not but if they hand me 20 I say thanks. I have refered about twenty people to three different companies and I don't do it expecting a profit from reffering them. That's my theory I'm not sharing my income with someone out of state that's not direct marketing for my company and getting in the field and helping me out. Good luck to you if it's working but wait for that first law suit of well he threw a rock through my window. Or he sprayed XYZ chemical and my whole lawn/landscape needs to be replaced but I called USA/GRASS WHOOPINGS not Mike Lawn's Service.....guess what your both beat unless you have it in your contract with Mike's Lawn Service that he takes all the financial and legal obligations and even then they will probably sue you anyway because most likely your bigger and have more $$$$.....and you might wanna look into your insurance I know they asked me if I sub out work or if I am a sub for someone else. There is a huge possiblity to loose it all over a few hundred or thosand bucks. Good LUCK! All I gotta say is I ain't beat for it.
I understand what your saying, and i am insured, but i would be sub contracting them out, and they would have their own insurance, and their own team, they will just be selling my name. If they mess up, I may have to deal with it, but thats why we pay for insurance. Im just a low joe, all year care lawn care. I help out more elderly people cuz i fit more into their budget since the dr tells them they cant do this stuff anymore. If this gas stations has gas at $3.39 and this one across the street has gas for $3.37 Im going to the $3.37 arent you??? Going for the clientel, going for the distance, going for the goal. "I HAAAVE AAAAA DREEAAAAMMM!!"
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-26-2011, 11:35 PM
GRASS WHOOPINS's Avatar
GRASS WHOOPINS GRASS WHOOPINS is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 17
Rep Power: 5
GRASS WHOOPINS is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Lawn Care View Post
it's subcontracting.
I'm doing it also.........it works just fine for me and yes, believe it or not, you can actually sub out nationally.
And, yes, I have a detailed business plan that I am following.
It's quite amazing that I can take something as simple as having 1 guy mow 5 or 10 accounts (not enough to get his britches in a bind when it rains) and multiply that however many times I feel like doing it absolutely anywhere.
I have accounts in my own city, along with 4 other cities that are within 1-2 hours away working the same plan............reliable guy......mowing 5-10 accounts for me.......over and over and over.
Love it or hate it.....it works.
im not trying to go out of different states right now, im trying to stay within the 30 mile radius of Mo until word of mouth gets out good enough for me, where many houses in the same city of the same state want my business, I will put an add out, and see if anyone want to become part of Grass Whoopins, and they would take on the service out there, and I will get my cut yes, but he is representing Grass Whoopins, but still making his money. He will be a "team leader" and when he gets 100 houses, he hires two more people, and now I have business in a different state. Im Walmart all the way
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-26-2011, 11:44 PM
GRASS WHOOPINS's Avatar
GRASS WHOOPINS GRASS WHOOPINS is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 17
Rep Power: 5
GRASS WHOOPINS is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
From your point of view, what is the difference if you simply hired more staff versus merging with another already operating lawn care business?

Wouldn't you potentially make more money if you expanded and simply hired on more employees? Or no?
I would, but I have to have more clients, to be able to do that. Im not big like Liberty Landscaping, but some day I will. You started on the ground too one time, and as am I. but Im climbing the ladder, and just trying to make a living like every other lawn service. You gotta love the other lawn services taking your signs down off of telephone poles, that just kills me. Of course I put them up with the ladder after losing so many in the beginning. Wish me luck. ANYONE FROM KC MO, EMAIL ME IF YOU WANT MORE INFO FACE TO FACE, its much easier to explain.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-26-2011, 11:46 PM
GRASS WHOOPINS's Avatar
GRASS WHOOPINS GRASS WHOOPINS is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 17
Rep Power: 5
GRASS WHOOPINS is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgemaster View Post
Meh. I dunno... I know a guy who does something like this. He advertises services in areas that he himself doesn't cover, but he knows guys in those areas that he calls when he needs them. Basically, he gets a percentage of what they make on a job. He's subcontracting the work out - he's not a "partner" with them and they don't work under his name.
This is exactly what im talking about. I dont want to drive 25 miles to mow one effing lawn. So im looking for others around me, that i can call to take the job, and I will get a cut, but he will get more for the job. Business is Business, and I love money!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grasswhoopins.com GRASS WHOOPINS Promote your products or services 3 03-07-2011 09:47 PM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Pricing issue
Mr. Mow
07-07-2015 06:15 AM
Yesterday 06:40 PM
by GreenWorx
17 560
scag SWZT review!
mattthelawnguy
07-23-2015 02:28 PM
Yesterday 06:38 PM
by mattthelawnguy
5 132
how to make customers...
Bradcook21
05-27-2015 05:04 PM
Yesterday 06:08 PM
by GreenWorx
15 2,733
Assessing the Market
NJDB60
Yesterday 03:25 PM
Yesterday 06:00 PM
by GreenWorx
1 49
NewVenture
NJDB60
Yesterday 03:38 PM
Yesterday 03:38 PM
by NJDB60
0 40
Watch out for this -...
rootytalbot
07-22-2015 02:13 PM
Yesterday 11:36 AM
by Steve
4 150
Need your help, Gopher...
Chilehead
07-23-2015 07:02 PM
Yesterday 11:28 AM
by Steve
11 205
Should I buy this Exmark...
googus
07-03-2015 09:22 AM
Yesterday 11:27 AM
by googus
8 403
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
01-11-2015 10:41 AM
Yesterday 11:22 AM
by Steve
94 10,204
Dogs
Mr. Mow
06-29-2015 02:37 PM
07-25-2015 07:50 AM
by Chilehead
12 2,230
Just about mid year, how...
GreenWorx
06-24-2015 07:05 PM
07-22-2015 07:31 PM
by Chilehead
14 2,296
Learning as I grow -...
WarriorLandscapingCAN
07-18-2015 07:46 AM
07-21-2015 10:53 AM
by Steve
3 148
Large dirt mound removal
purdue1973
07-09-2015 07:45 PM
07-20-2015 12:55 PM
by Steve
6 249
Hey everyone
Fantasy landscaping
07-09-2015 06:53 AM
07-09-2015 11:47 AM
by Steve
1 169
Quickbooks Online
jscarolina
07-08-2015 07:54 AM
07-08-2015 12:55 PM
by Nate10928
1 179
I dont know what to do...
Bradcook21
06-21-2015 08:49 AM
07-07-2015 09:48 PM
by SGL1
16 2,559
Start LIKING FACEBOOK...
rlclawncare123
02-26-2015 12:06 AM
07-07-2015 02:54 PM
by GreenWorx
13 3,500
Is it too late to do...
markty
06-16-2015 05:28 PM
07-07-2015 01:00 PM
by problem solver
9 2,308
Hi everyone
Mattw
07-06-2015 05:59 PM
07-07-2015 10:18 AM
by Steve
1 196
4th of July parade...
Steve
07-06-2015 10:35 AM
07-06-2015 10:35 AM
by Steve
0 140
Unemployment rates drop,...
Steve
07-02-2015 12:40 PM
07-06-2015 10:30 AM
by Steve
4 309
another newish job for me
holymoly
06-07-2015 08:34 AM
07-03-2015 02:06 PM
by American L&T
9 2,315
Before & After tree...
COREtreeservice
07-01-2015 09:20 PM
07-01-2015 09:20 PM
by COREtreeservice
0 236
Ready to learn and get...
Koley Lawn & Landscape
06-28-2015 05:16 AM
07-01-2015 11:26 AM
by Steve
8 2,084
Three Stripe Land Care...
hammr04
06-30-2015 07:19 PM
07-01-2015 11:24 AM
by Steve
1 208
Country Life Lawn Care
darleneh
06-29-2015 11:24 AM
06-30-2015 01:25 PM
by Steve
3 1,916
Rubber mulch...
avetslawncare
06-24-2015 09:28 PM
06-29-2015 09:23 PM
by Chilehead
6 2,086
» Popular Tags
accounting ad landscaping advertising aerocore apartment bid apartment complex apartment lawn care estimate applying bark billy goat brushcutter blowout bush collections contract help curb appeal services deliquentaccounts door hangers edging employee problems equipment dealer equipment rental facebook financials flyers foreman free advertising free lawn care google growing a lawn care business hiring how to husqvarna hydro jobs landscape landscape services landscaping lawn aeration lawn care lawn mowing marketing marketing secrets mr dave mulch new business past due per hour charge per hour service plowing profit on employee quickbooks roundup scag secrets to landscaping shell small engine repair snow plowing solo backpack sprayer sq ft square foot swzt tree tree pics walk behind web design website website design winterization wood www.greenturion.co.za
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy