Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Property Management Forums > General Talk

General Talk If it doesn't fit anywhere else, post it here.

Sucks to be Me


General Talk

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, post it here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 05-11-2011, 09:44 AM
Ducke's Avatar
Ducke Ducke is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Duck Pond
Posts: 844
Rep Power: 0
Ducke is on a distinguished road
Default Sucks to be Me

Well I have serviced all my equipment , I am all up to date with my paper work.
I ordered my Trailer the other day it will be ready in two weeks (Custom Made)
I have put out over 1000 fliers I have 4 full season mows signed up and have 4 more to quote .
But here I sitting watching the rain come down 21 straight days of rain, I can't mow and people are not thinking about their lawns, There busy worrying about their Basements Flooding.
I know I am probably jumping the gun but if thing don't change soon weather wise I don't know if Ducke's is going to survive start up.
This is just crazy its the wettest it ever been since 1933.
We now have 120 mm 48 inches four F*@%in Feet and the long range forecast is at least a week more rain.
Friday and Saturday may be better but who knows we just have to wait and see.
Sorry for the rant but I just need to blow off some steam to someone that can understand what I am feeling.

Graham
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 05-11-2011, 01:14 PM
wandfsmall wandfsmall is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 925
Rep Power: 6
wandfsmall is on a distinguished road
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducke View Post
Well I have serviced all my equipment , I am all up to date with my paper work.
I ordered my Trailer the other day it will be ready in two weeks (Custom Made)
I have put out over 1000 fliers I have 4 full season mows signed up and have 4 more to quote .
But here I sitting watching the rain come down 21 straight days of rain, I can't mow and people are not thinking about their lawns, There busy worrying about their Basements Flooding.
I know I am probably jumping the gun but if thing don't change soon weather wise I don't know if Ducke's is going to survive start up.
This is just crazy its the wettest it ever been since 1933.
We now have 120 mm 48 inches four F*@%in Feet and the long range forecast is at least a week more rain.
Friday and Saturday may be better but who knows we just have to wait and see.
Sorry for the rant but I just need to blow off some steam to someone that can understand what I am feeling.

Graham

it could always be worse trust me, I thought it sucked when water came up to the back building but then it overtook my service bays and has stayed for a while so I have work that customers want done now but no way to get them into repair bays other then by boat. also just to be cruel the water is not in the building just all the way up the ramp to the building....
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 37,948
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
There busy worrying about their Basements Flooding.
Are there any services in this area that could be offered when it is raining badly? Basement pump outs? Sandbagging? Better drainage installation?
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-12-2011, 12:31 AM
ToastedToad's Avatar
ToastedToad ToastedToad is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pac NW
Posts: 64
Rep Power: 6
ToastedToad is on a distinguished road
Default

Good luck man. Not much we can do but try to survive.

Mother Nature is a B#^@h

Hopefully you can drum up some kind of work to get through it. I like the sandbagging idea.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-12-2011, 09:31 AM
picframer's Avatar
picframer picframer is offline
Andy
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,885
Rep Power: 11
picframer will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandfsmall View Post
it could always be worse trust me, I thought it sucked when water came up to the back building but then it overtook my service bays and has stayed for a while so I have work that customers want done now but no way to get them into repair bays other then by boat. also just to be cruel the water is not in the building just all the way up the ramp to the building....
120mm is 12cm or 4.7 inches......48" would wash the entire region into the Atlantic
__________________
Andy
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-12-2011, 09:33 AM
picframer's Avatar
picframer picframer is offline
Andy
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,885
Rep Power: 11
picframer will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Are there any services in this area that could be offered when it is raining badly? Basement pump outs? Sandbagging? Better drainage installation?
Drainage systems are three weeks of good weather away, we are two months behind last year, the equipment hasn't moved which is costing a small fortune, tried one drain but the gys gave up after an hour, the soil is so saturated we can't even spray
__________________
Andy
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-12-2011, 08:03 PM
Ducke's Avatar
Ducke Ducke is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Duck Pond
Posts: 844
Rep Power: 0
Ducke is on a distinguished road
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by picframer View Post
120mm is 12cm or 4.7 inches......48" would wash the entire region into the Atlantic
Awww Crap Your right Picframer, G@D dam Metric S#!T never could keep it all straight.
Even still its a lot of frigging rain.
BUT it stopped today actually saw a funny bright orange thing outside.
By noon the lawns were dry and I was on then mower going full out.
Going to be cloudy tomorrow BUT NO RAIN Wooo Hooo.
I have a couple more mow jobs one Spring Cleaning to finish up and one to start. about 200 feet of bed edging and a small walkway to build.
Then the rain is do to start again on Saturday and go till Wed or Thur
Still sucks to be me but I am now a lot happier.
Thanks for all the support guys I really appreciate it.
Now back to this metric crap mm is 10 x cm or was the cm is 10x mm divide by ml minus the kg awww frig it inch feet miles that was the right way.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Ducke's Avatar
Ducke Ducke is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Duck Pond
Posts: 844
Rep Power: 0
Ducke is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by picframer View Post
Drainage systems are three weeks of good weather away, we are two months behind last year, the equipment hasn't moved which is costing a small fortune, tried one drain but the gys gave up after an hour, the soil is so saturated we can't even spray
There was a guy on Talk Radio yesterday from Nova Scotia Construction Association (or something like that) and he was saying almost all the big jobs were shut down do to the rain.
To wet and dangerous to dig trenches Carpenters can't frame siders can't side and the foundation guys can't get forms in and the Excavators are just slipping in the greasy muck. This weather is hitting everyone in the pocket book.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Well this sucks... justin_time General Talk 7 03-22-2010 04:46 PM
Ahh! This sucks! Scottler Starting a lawn care business. 13 08-09-2009 01:23 AM
The reason I haven't been on lately... this sucks alot musician/lawnman HardcoreUnemployable.com 7 08-11-2008 09:39 PM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Whats up??
Cpadgett
05-27-2016 10:57 AM
Yesterday 11:09 PM
by Cpadgett
1 36
Is it too late?
Cpadgett
05-28-2016 09:10 AM
Yesterday 02:08 PM
by Cpadgett
2 57
Firefighter gone Lawn...
Firehouselawn@hotmail.com
03-10-2016 04:50 PM
05-27-2016 08:17 PM
by J.A.S.LawnService
7 9,683
help with sole...
greenbuds
03-24-2016 12:21 PM
05-27-2016 12:20 PM
by Wolf4dk
3 9,421
To mow weekly or Biweekly
WarriorLandscapingCAN
05-11-2016 04:09 PM
05-26-2016 04:45 PM
by lawngawd7
9 347
Help a Brother Out -...
Hedgemaster
01-23-2012 04:19 PM
05-26-2016 04:34 PM
by Crossett73
91 33,724
Hello from Alabama
pruzilla
05-25-2016 01:20 PM
05-26-2016 08:14 AM
by pruzilla
2 63
Hello from Centreville!
Daveylawns
05-23-2016 09:04 AM
05-24-2016 04:08 PM
by Steve
1 81
Laying new grass, Sod...
WarriorLandscapingCAN
05-23-2016 10:07 AM
05-23-2016 08:41 PM
by Steve
1 71
I need some aeration...
rootytalbot
08-14-2015 12:32 PM
05-23-2016 09:06 AM
by Daveylawns
10 3,790
Prolin
rmccutchan
05-21-2016 04:53 PM
05-21-2016 06:36 PM
by rmccutchan
2 89
Upgraded to a new mower
Stevenor92
05-17-2016 08:17 PM
05-20-2016 07:08 PM
by Stevenor92
8 220
Intro
LaraRahmani
05-18-2016 02:54 PM
05-19-2016 02:43 PM
by Steve
2 120
Best Push Mower You Have...
markty
05-14-2016 03:46 PM
05-18-2016 07:34 PM
by Stevenor92
4 201
New mower!!!!
Stevenor92
05-18-2016 03:46 AM
05-18-2016 06:39 PM
by Stevenor92
2 127
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 11:18 AM
05-18-2016 02:59 PM
by LaraRahmani
1,249 435,050
Stupid idea?
hopolb33
05-13-2016 11:25 AM
05-16-2016 11:22 AM
by Steve
1 171
Planting SKYBOUND CEDARS
FrankieeLawnz
05-13-2016 03:59 PM
05-16-2016 11:21 AM
by Steve
1 152
Edging Fad...
Tree geek
05-10-2016 11:29 PM
05-15-2016 11:12 PM
by Tree geek
2 203
Business Overload
Chilehead
05-06-2016 09:27 PM
05-13-2016 11:15 AM
by Steve
11 415
Hello from great state...
Cel1980
05-11-2016 09:00 AM
05-13-2016 11:07 AM
by Steve
2 176
Did this job free to...
JJand M Lawncare
05-02-2016 02:33 PM
05-11-2016 03:54 PM
by JJand M Lawncare
10 447
How to tell Cust. to...
GeeGood
04-09-2008 09:55 PM
05-09-2016 07:08 PM
by JJand M Lawncare
16 5,538
Echo SRM 230 trouble.
Jack Rabbit
05-08-2016 06:16 PM
05-08-2016 11:22 PM
by Just for Cuts
1 163
Toro ZTR Issues
rsanchez1203
05-06-2016 09:27 PM
05-07-2016 10:26 AM
by Steve
2 189
Correct way to quote a...
WarriorLandscapingCAN
05-02-2016 11:52 AM
05-03-2016 10:59 AM
by Steve
1 307
» Popular Tags
advertising become an entrepreneur best mower be your own boss break business education business help business management contractor hacks deck lift dethatcher edging entrepreneur entrepreneur education estimates free lawn care fuel problems fuel pump half moon blade hydro increase customers jjandm lawncare landscape landscape design landscaping landscaping design company landscaping richmond va landscping lawncare lawn mowing lawnservice lowering grade marketing mulch new business planting plowing raising grade residential lawn care richmond va richmond virginia lawn care roundup safety scag snowblower snow plowing snow shovel solo solo backpack sprayer start a business start a lawn care business start business start up swzt toro timecutter tree tree pics tree service video walk behind what to charge work from home
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy