Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Property Management Forums > Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job

Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job
If you need help coming up with a bid for a lawn care, landscaping, tree cutting or irrigation job, post the specifics here and pictures of the job site. If you are looking to learn about bidding, review the jobs posted here.

Nice quote to do


Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job

If you need help coming up with a bid for a lawn care, landscaping, tree cutting or irrigation job, post the specifics here and pictures of the job site. If you are looking to learn about bidding, review the jobs posted here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #11  
Old 04-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Fisher Fisher is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: White Bluff, TN
Posts: 156
Rep Power: 5
Fisher is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzgardening View Post
Hi i think you miss understood me my suggestion was to charge $1500 for the front which seems really cheap and to charge an additional $1500 for the backyard or give them a $500 discount if they are your old costumers or depending on the junk.

But if you feel comfortable with what you charge i encourage you do it as fast as possible so you can come out making money.

Good luck man P.S. do you give them written estimates?
I agree at $1500 I would feel as if I was doing the work to get two guys payroll for those 2-3 days and hope I didn't end up losing money in the end even if I finished in two days.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #12  
Old 04-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 37,501
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
I bid 1700-1900.. I told the customer I will go by the hr + materials and disposal. My personal bid is 1500. But just in case I gave her a higher quote. They hired me. I hope I do ok.
Keep us posted on how this job goes and how long it ultimately takes. It will be interesting to hear your review of the bid after you complete the job to hear if you would do anything differently next time.

Also, consider taking some before and after pictures.
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-20-2011, 10:06 PM
AG Lawn Cutting AG Lawn Cutting is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 5
AG Lawn Cutting is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Keep us posted on how this job goes and how long it ultimately takes. It will be interesting to hear your review of the bid after you complete the job to hear if you would do anything differently next time.

Also, consider taking some before and after pictures.
All right I finished the job. Luckily I charged for disposal separately.

This is what I ended up charging:

$3000.00 Disposal and taxes included.

It really took me about 4 days.

I guess I was bidding too low when I imagined It would cost $1500.

Thanks guys you really helped quite a bid.

Now a have a new quote I need to do for the same person at another location.

May be you guys can give me some more suggestions:

Front:

Edge all beds, clean up flower beds, top up with mulch.


Side of the house at the front: About 300 sq ft.

Remove all the soil/dirt. Clean up our side of it. Put down cover
prior to putting down screening. PLEASE NOTE: NEIGHBOR WILL PROVIDE THE SCREENING AND THEREFORE YOU DON'T NEED TO BUY IT FOR THIS AREA.

Back Garden:

Clean up any rubbish/leaves etc from the side of the house where the
gate entry to the garden is

Garden:

Clean up all the leaves and flower beds. Install the large patio stones where the tree was cut (we have the stones). Pick up our tree and plant it in the other area in the garden where a tree had been cut down last year. Put all the mulch on the beds and may need topping up with black mulch. Clean up the pebbles and river rock and add more of each so that it is built up and looks fresh and clean.

Add fertilizer to all the trees/bedding plants (we have purchased the fertilizer)


Remove all the rubbish on the side of the deck by the pond, and clean up. PERHAPS SOME OF THE MULCH CAN BE PUT DOWN HERE SO THAT IT IS NOT MUDDY WHEN YOU GO TO THAT AREA OF THE BACK. RIGHT NOW JUST USED FOR STORAGE OF POTS.


How long do you guys think this would take for two or three guys?

How would you bid on this?

Any suggestions would really help.

Thanks

Andrew
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-21-2011, 10:34 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 37,501
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Edge all beds, clean up flower beds, top up with mulch.
Let's break some of this down.

How many linear ft of edging?

What shape are the beds in? How long are you thinking it is will take to clean them?

How much mulch are you gonna need to add?
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-22-2011, 10:38 AM
cruzgardening cruzgardening is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 277
Rep Power: 5
cruzgardening is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG Lawn Cutting View Post
All right I finished the job. Luckily I charged for disposal separately.

This is what I ended up charging:

$3000.00 Disposal and taxes included.

It really took me about 4 days.

I guess I was bidding too low when I imagined It would cost $1500.

Thanks guys you really helped quite a bid.

Now a have a new quote I need to do for the same person at another location.

May be you guys can give me some more suggestions:

Front:

Edge all beds, clean up flower beds, top up with mulch.


Side of the house at the front: About 300 sq ft.

Remove all the soil/dirt. Clean up our side of it. Put down cover
prior to putting down screening. PLEASE NOTE: NEIGHBOR WILL PROVIDE THE SCREENING AND THEREFORE YOU DON'T NEED TO BUY IT FOR THIS AREA.

Back Garden:

Clean up any rubbish/leaves etc from the side of the house where the
gate entry to the garden is

Garden:

Clean up all the leaves and flower beds. Install the large patio stones where the tree was cut (we have the stones). Pick up our tree and plant it in the other area in the garden where a tree had been cut down last year. Put all the mulch on the beds and may need topping up with black mulch. Clean up the pebbles and river rock and add more of each so that it is built up and looks fresh and clean.

Add fertilizer to all the trees/bedding plants (we have purchased the fertilizer)


Remove all the rubbish on the side of the deck by the pond, and clean up. PERHAPS SOME OF THE MULCH CAN BE PUT DOWN HERE SO THAT IT IS NOT MUDDY WHEN YOU GO TO THAT AREA OF THE BACK. RIGHT NOW JUST USED FOR STORAGE OF POTS.


How long do you guys think this would take for two or three guys?

How would you bid on this?

Any suggestions would really help.

Thanks

Andrew
im more of a visual person take some pics post them i can help u better like that!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hi, I am your air filter. Please be nice to me. SuperiorPower Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs. 10 02-09-2015 08:40 PM
Nice we're having weather! swstout General Talk 1 06-15-2010 11:18 AM
Nice Videos lol CHEESE2009 General Talk 6 02-23-2010 09:02 AM
very nice forum candoman Introduce Yourself 3 01-31-2010 09:58 PM
Nice RV Steve Show Off - Picture Post - Photo Gallery 2 07-28-2007 05:59 AM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Assessing the Market
NJDB60
07-27-2015 03:25 PM
Yesterday 09:24 PM
by Steve
2 71
scag SWZT review!
mattthelawnguy
07-23-2015 02:28 PM
Yesterday 09:16 PM
by Steve
6 155
Whats wrong with this...
GreenWorx
Yesterday 07:56 PM
Yesterday 09:09 PM
by Steve
2 50
Funny craigslist post
GreenWorx
Yesterday 07:17 PM
Yesterday 09:02 PM
by Steve
2 53
Watch out for this -...
rootytalbot
07-22-2015 02:13 PM
Yesterday 09:00 PM
by Steve
7 198
NewVenture
NJDB60
07-27-2015 03:38 PM
Yesterday 08:58 PM
by Steve
1 59
Pricing issue
Mr. Mow
07-07-2015 06:15 AM
07-27-2015 06:40 PM
by GreenWorx
17 576
how to make customers...
Bradcook21
05-27-2015 05:04 PM
07-27-2015 06:08 PM
by GreenWorx
15 2,751
Need your help, Gopher...
Chilehead
07-23-2015 07:02 PM
07-27-2015 11:28 AM
by Steve
11 210
Should I buy this Exmark...
googus
07-03-2015 09:22 AM
07-27-2015 11:27 AM
by googus
8 410
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
01-11-2015 10:41 AM
07-27-2015 11:22 AM
by Steve
94 10,230
Dogs
Mr. Mow
06-29-2015 02:37 PM
07-25-2015 07:50 AM
by Chilehead
12 2,237
Just about mid year, how...
GreenWorx
06-24-2015 07:05 PM
07-22-2015 07:31 PM
by Chilehead
14 2,301
Learning as I grow -...
WarriorLandscapingCAN
07-18-2015 07:46 AM
07-21-2015 10:53 AM
by Steve
3 159
Large dirt mound removal
purdue1973
07-09-2015 07:45 PM
07-20-2015 12:55 PM
by Steve
6 259
Hey everyone
Fantasy landscaping
07-09-2015 06:53 AM
07-09-2015 11:47 AM
by Steve
1 174
Quickbooks Online
jscarolina
07-08-2015 07:54 AM
07-08-2015 12:55 PM
by Nate10928
1 190
I dont know what to do...
Bradcook21
06-21-2015 08:49 AM
07-07-2015 09:48 PM
by SGL1
16 2,571
Start LIKING FACEBOOK...
rlclawncare123
02-26-2015 12:06 AM
07-07-2015 02:54 PM
by GreenWorx
13 3,512
Is it too late to do...
markty
06-16-2015 05:28 PM
07-07-2015 01:00 PM
by problem solver
9 2,318
Hi everyone
Mattw
07-06-2015 05:59 PM
07-07-2015 10:18 AM
by Steve
1 204
4th of July parade...
Steve
07-06-2015 10:35 AM
07-06-2015 10:35 AM
by Steve
0 149
Unemployment rates drop,...
Steve
07-02-2015 12:40 PM
07-06-2015 10:30 AM
by Steve
4 316
another newish job for me
holymoly
06-07-2015 08:34 AM
07-03-2015 02:06 PM
by American L&T
9 2,321
Before & After tree...
COREtreeservice
07-01-2015 09:20 PM
07-01-2015 09:20 PM
by COREtreeservice
0 248
Ready to learn and get...
Koley Lawn & Landscape
06-28-2015 05:16 AM
07-01-2015 11:26 AM
by Steve
8 2,087
Three Stripe Land Care...
hammr04
06-30-2015 07:19 PM
07-01-2015 11:24 AM
by Steve
1 216
Country Life Lawn Care
darleneh
06-29-2015 11:24 AM
06-30-2015 01:25 PM
by Steve
3 1,925
Rubber mulch...
avetslawncare
06-24-2015 09:28 PM
06-29-2015 09:23 PM
by Chilehead
6 2,099
» Popular Tags
accounting aerocore apartment bid apartment complex apartment lawn care estimate applying bark blowout bob villa bush collections contract help curb appeal services deliquentaccounts demonstration design door hangers edging employee problems facebook financials flyers free advertising google growing a lawn care business hardscapes hiring how to hydro increase customers invoicing jobs landscape services landscaping landscaping training lawn care lawn care busines plan lawn mowing marketing more customers business mr dave mulch new business ordinance past due patio install per hour charge per hour service plowing pricing profit on employee quickbooks online scag sell the vision seo shreaded snow plowing solo solo backpack sprayer square foot swzt tree pics up sell employee walk behind web design website website design winterization wood www.greenturion.co.za
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy