Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Just starting your lawn care or landscaping business? > Starting a lawn care business.

Starting a lawn care business. How to start a lawn mowing business, lawn care business, or landscaping business. If you are starting a lawn care business, ask your questions here.

lawn care packages


Starting a lawn care business.

How to start a lawn mowing business, lawn care business, or landscaping business. If you are starting a lawn care business, ask your questions here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 02-10-2011, 08:27 AM
CFD192 CFD192 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 38
Rep Power: 6
CFD192 is on a distinguished road
Default lawn care packages

For the companies out there who provide annual contracts, could you please give me some input on how you provide those services.

Also say your normal mowing season is 23 weeks, how do you cover if you have a dry summer and you only mow 20 weeks or have to mow 26 weeks?

how do you go about finding out what to charge for a year, per month? say you offer one clean up, most you can cover at the monthly price but you have one that takes two days?

I have an example of what I would like to add for a yearly contract just don't know what to make the prices or how to go about doing it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

So here is what I have so far. I have mowed at most 23 weeks, mostly 20weeks, so far in the 3 years, so I took my normal $40 yard x 23 mowings = $920 plus $40 for the one time edging = 960/12= $80 to start for my basic package.

Bronze package
on properties up to 30,000 sq ft.
services included on a weekly basis
- mowing
- weedeating
- edging to include one edging in the spring
- leafblowing of all walks, drives, and hard services
$80 a month or if pay for year discount to $900 for the year a 5% discount.

Silver package
all services included in Bronze package plus
-1 hedge trimming in the early summer
-1 spring and fall leaf cleanup
$120 per month($1450 value) or if paid in full $1300 10% discount

Gold Package
all services included in silver package plus
-Scott's 4 step lawncare fertilizer program application
-early spring, late spring, summer, and and fall application
- 1 aerating, dethatching, and overseeding in the spring
$170 a month($2050 value) or if paid in full $1740 15% discount
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 02-11-2011, 09:05 AM
CFD192 CFD192 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 38
Rep Power: 6
CFD192 is on a distinguished road
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
anyone?....
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-11-2011, 11:50 AM
jsthomas06 jsthomas06 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Age: 31
Posts: 14
Rep Power: 7
jsthomas06 is on a distinguished road
Default

looking at your calculations, would you be dividing your total by 12 months, or by the number or months you mow??? I know my commercial accounts like a year long contract in keeping the cost down, but would residential want to pay you in the winter time?? Just a thought.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-11-2011, 01:59 PM
CFD192 CFD192 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 38
Rep Power: 6
CFD192 is on a distinguished road
Default

yes it would be by 12 for both residential and commerical. I always do snow plowing, so I would just incorporate that with the monthly price.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 37,506
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
how do you go about finding out what to charge for a year, per month? say you offer one clean up, most you can cover at the monthly price but you have one that takes two days?

I have an example of what I would like to add for a yearly contract just don't know what to make the prices or how to go about doing it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

So here is what I have so far. I have mowed at most 23 weeks, mostly 20weeks, so far in the 3 years, so I took my normal $40 yard x 23 mowings = $920 plus $40 for the one time edging = 960/12= $80 to start for my basic package.
Ultimately, I would think that you would want to figure out what your average # of mowings would be and how long the cleanups would be. It would be difficult or near impossible to account for everything.

Maybe you could put in your contract that if the cleanups or mowings exceeded a certain amount of time or number of mowings, you would have to add an additional charge. That could help cover you in the event of an unexpected problem.
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-14-2011, 07:43 AM
AttractiveLandscape's Avatar
AttractiveLandscape AttractiveLandscape is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 6
AttractiveLandscape is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD192 View Post
For the companies out there who provide annual contracts, could you please give me some input on how you provide those services.

Also say your normal mowing season is 23 weeks, how do you cover if you have a dry summer and you only mow 20 weeks or have to mow 26 weeks?

how do you go about finding out what to charge for a year, per month? say you offer one clean up, most you can cover at the monthly price but you have one that takes two days?

I have an example of what I would like to add for a yearly contract just don't know what to make the prices or how to go about doing it. any help would be greatly appreciated.

So here is what I have so far. I have mowed at most 23 weeks, mostly 20weeks, so far in the 3 years, so I took my normal $40 yard x 23 mowings = $920 plus $40 for the one time edging = 960/12= $80 to start for my basic package.

Bronze package
on properties up to 30,000 sq ft.
services included on a weekly basis
- mowing
- weedeating
- edging to include one edging in the spring
- leafblowing of all walks, drives, and hard services
$80 a month or if pay for year discount to $900 for the year a 5% discount.

Silver package
all services included in Bronze package plus
-1 hedge trimming in the early summer
-1 spring and fall leaf cleanup
$120 per month($1450 value) or if paid in full $1300 10% discount

Gold Package
all services included in silver package plus
-Scott's 4 step lawncare fertilizer program application
-early spring, late spring, summer, and and fall application
- 1 aerating, dethatching, and overseeding in the spring
$170 a month($2050 value) or if paid in full $1740 15% discount
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD192 View Post
yes it would be by 12 for both residential and commerical. I always do snow plowing, so I would just incorporate that with the monthly price.
I do a 12 month service contract for residential only. I include mowing, weedeating, edging (when needed), blowing, 1 spring clean-up (includes 1 mulch), 1 fall clean-up, and then switch the services to plowing in the winter. I have different pricing for the contracts depending on how many houses are in the vicinity (HOA's, etc.).
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-14-2011, 11:12 AM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 37,506
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

How do you figure out how much to include in your annual contract to cover the snow plowing which can potentially vary greatly?
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-15-2011, 08:59 PM
CFD192 CFD192 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 38
Rep Power: 6
CFD192 is on a distinguished road
Default

I was just going to add my snow removal on a as needed basis due to that fact. I really want to do the money as listed because that puts me a little above what i made off each customer last year, so I see it as a way to offer more, plus add money in my bank. The mowing prices stay the same but the additional services help have more profit. Trying to sell the services seperately is alot harder to sell. I also thought about doing custom packages as well.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-16-2011, 12:18 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 37,506
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Maybe they could be covered for an average amount of snow fall for your area and anything past X amount of snowfalls would allow you to charge extra per snowfall?
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-17-2011, 01:39 AM
LawnMoore's Avatar
LawnMoore LawnMoore is offline
Mr. Moore
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Suwannee River Florida
Age: 30
Posts: 288
Rep Power: 6
LawnMoore is on a distinguished road
Default

Im still trying to get something going like this too so idk if im pro help, but..

It just seems like 80 per month is too low imo..

I have 1 client that is my low/no money maker client..

he has 1 acre lot, pays me 200 per month to mow it weekly.. 50per mow/weedeat/blow/i edge it sometimes although he says not to worry about that..

my other 1/2 acre lots i get 45 for bi weekly, and have 1 @ 50 per bi weekly.

im not sure how much diff 1 acre is from 30k but it's not much..
__________________
(352)682-3094 Suwannee River, Florida 32680

Visit my site, http://www.lawnmoore.com, Thanks!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lawn care packages help you sell more - GopherHaul 55 Lawn Care Customer Show Steve GopherHaul Lawn Care Business Show, Video, Book & Podcast Discussions. 0 03-15-2010 01:03 PM
Lawn care packages help you sell more - GopherHaul 55 Lawn Care Customer Show Steve Lawn Care Business Marketing - GopherHaul Forum News 0 03-15-2010 01:02 PM
Two simple lawn care business success tips. - GopherHaul 54 Lawn Care Marketing Show Steve GopherHaul Lawn Care Business Show, Video, Book & Podcast Discussions. 0 02-10-2010 05:25 AM
2 simple lawn care business success tips. - GopherHaul 54 Lawn Care Marketing Show Steve Lawn Care Business Marketing - GopherHaul Forum News 0 02-10-2010 05:24 AM
Lawn Packages CloseCuts Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review! 13 01-26-2009 06:49 AM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
I came across this on a...
rootytalbot
Yesterday 11:04 AM
Yesterday 06:16 PM
by Chilehead
2 51
Help bidding a hedge...
hopolb33
Yesterday 06:09 PM
Yesterday 06:09 PM
by hopolb33
0 24
scag SWZT review!
mattthelawnguy
07-23-2015 02:28 PM
08-01-2015 11:27 AM
by mattthelawnguy
10 398
Big mowing job
Bradcook21
07-30-2015 03:57 PM
07-31-2015 01:16 PM
by Bradcook21
6 146
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 11:18 AM
07-31-2015 12:29 PM
by Steve
1,227 401,494
Hello Everybody
budspop
07-30-2015 11:42 AM
07-31-2015 12:28 PM
by Steve
1 63
Should I buy this Exmark...
googus
07-03-2015 09:22 AM
07-31-2015 11:34 AM
by googus
9 603
Hello!
brandycarlton
07-29-2015 12:31 PM
07-29-2015 03:54 PM
by Steve
1 138
Assessing the Market
NJDB60
07-27-2015 03:25 PM
07-28-2015 09:24 PM
by Steve
2 254
Whats wrong with this...
GreenWorx
07-28-2015 07:56 PM
07-28-2015 09:09 PM
by Steve
2 237
Funny craigslist post
GreenWorx
07-28-2015 07:17 PM
07-28-2015 09:02 PM
by Steve
2 244
Watch out for this -...
rootytalbot
07-22-2015 02:13 PM
07-28-2015 09:00 PM
by Steve
7 398
NewVenture
NJDB60
07-27-2015 03:38 PM
07-28-2015 08:58 PM
by Steve
1 230
Pricing issue
Mr. Mow
07-07-2015 06:15 AM
07-27-2015 06:40 PM
by GreenWorx
17 794
how to make customers...
Bradcook21
05-27-2015 05:04 PM
07-27-2015 06:08 PM
by GreenWorx
15 2,970
Need your help, Gopher...
Chilehead
07-23-2015 07:02 PM
07-27-2015 11:28 AM
by Steve
11 386
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
01-11-2015 10:41 AM
07-27-2015 11:22 AM
by Steve
94 10,473
Dogs
Mr. Mow
06-29-2015 02:37 PM
07-25-2015 07:50 AM
by Chilehead
12 2,434
Just about mid year, how...
GreenWorx
06-24-2015 07:05 PM
07-22-2015 07:31 PM
by Chilehead
14 2,506
Learning as I grow -...
WarriorLandscapingCAN
07-18-2015 07:46 AM
07-21-2015 10:53 AM
by Steve
3 327
Large dirt mound removal
purdue1973
07-09-2015 07:45 PM
07-20-2015 12:55 PM
by Steve
6 466
Hey everyone
Fantasy landscaping
07-09-2015 06:53 AM
07-09-2015 11:47 AM
by Steve
1 340
Quickbooks Online
jscarolina
07-08-2015 07:54 AM
07-08-2015 12:55 PM
by Nate10928
1 365
I dont know what to do...
Bradcook21
06-21-2015 08:49 AM
07-07-2015 09:48 PM
by SGL1
16 2,763
Start LIKING FACEBOOK...
rlclawncare123
02-26-2015 12:06 AM
07-07-2015 02:54 PM
by GreenWorx
13 3,701
Is it too late to do...
markty
06-16-2015 05:28 PM
07-07-2015 01:00 PM
by problem solver
9 2,509
Hi everyone
Mattw
07-06-2015 05:59 PM
07-07-2015 10:18 AM
by Steve
1 363
4th of July parade...
Steve
07-06-2015 10:35 AM
07-06-2015 10:35 AM
by Steve
0 312
Unemployment rates drop,...
Steve
07-02-2015 12:40 PM
07-06-2015 10:30 AM
by Steve
4 487
» Popular Tags
accounting aerocore applying bark blowout bob villa bush collections contract help curb appeal services deliquentaccounts demonstration design door hangers edging employee problems facebook financials flyers free advertising free lawn care google growing a lawn care business hardscapes hiring how to hydro increase customers invoicing jobs landscape services landscaping landscaping training lawn care lawn care busines plan lawn mowing marketing more customers business mr dave mulch new business ordinance past due patio install per hour charge per hour service plowing pricing profit on employee quickbooks online scag secrets to landscaping sell the vision seo shreaded small engine repair snow plowing solo solo backpack sprayer square foot swzt tree pics up sell employee walk behind web design website website design winterization wood www.greenturion.co.za
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy