Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Property Management Forums > Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs.

Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs. Questions on your truck, trailer, commercial lawn mowers, lawn mower, mower parts, lawn tractors, engines, edgers, trimmers, pole saws, aerators, hydro seeders, snow plows, chain saws, stump grinders??

What is it Worth? Toro Recycler 21"


Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs.

Questions on your truck, trailer, commercial lawn mowers, lawn mower, mower parts, lawn tractors, engines, edgers, trimmers, pole saws, aerators, hydro seeders, snow plows, chain saws, stump grinders??
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 10-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Hedgemaster Hedgemaster is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,772
Rep Power: 0
Hedgemaster is on a distinguished road
Default What is it Worth? Toro Recycler 21"

I've been mowing for a friend of the family. The property belonged to a deceased family member and they asked me to maintain it until it sold. One "perk" was that I could use the lawnmower that was in the shed. Well, the house finally sold and he has no use for the mower, so I offered to buy it. "Make me an offer", he said... "What is it worth?"

I didn't know what too tell him, so I thought I'd see if anyone was familiar with this particular mower.

I don't know how old it is, but it certainly looks like at least five years or so.
I've replaced the cable for the self propel and have a new gas tank waiting to be put on, as it is currently leaking. Fuel line should probably be replaced while I'm at it.

The reason I'm looking to buy it is because I currently own a 10 year old Craftsman 7hp self propel bagger (RUNS great, but vibrates like mad due to bent shaft), and an old Homelite 20" 5hp that runs well, but is a mulcher ONLY, and the self propel is rather slow.

I don't know if this particular Toro that I'm looking to purchase is one of the better models sold by dealers, or if it's a "box store" mower, but my HOPE is that I can get a "decent" mower that will hold me over until I can afford a GOOD one next year.



Toro Recycler MODEL # 20035
Personal Pace
21"
Rear bag/mulch/side discharge
6hp B&S engine
SN 210002562 (if that helps to identify it's actual age)


Any input is appreciated!



p.s.
I was thinking of offering $100. Too much? About right?

Last edited by Hedgemaster; 10-09-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 10-09-2010, 09:56 PM
mark123's Avatar
mark123 mark123 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 1,404
Rep Power: 9
mark123 is on a distinguished road
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Personal pace mowers are the homeowner versions. Good stuff and quality cut but they just don't last for commercial purposes. I have one and I used it for 2 yards last year and it just doesn't go anymore. The little plastic drive parts in the axles are destroyed. Fixing it is more than it's worth.

20035 is circa 2001.

Last edited by mark123; 10-09-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Hedgemaster Hedgemaster is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,772
Rep Power: 0
Hedgemaster is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark123 View Post
Personal pace mowers are the homeowner versions. Good stuff and quality cut but they just don't last for commercial purposes. I have one and I used it for 2 yards last year and it just doesn't go anymore. The little plastic drive parts in the axles are destroyed. Fixing it is more than it's worth.

20035 is circa 2001.
Not necessarily. I was just looking at a website that has commercial/landscaper models with "personal pace". Not saying this one is though.

If it's really that old, perhaps $100 is too much...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-09-2010, 11:11 PM
mark123's Avatar
mark123 mark123 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 1,404
Rep Power: 9
mark123 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgemaster View Post
Not necessarily. I was just looking at a website that has commercial/landscaper models with "personal pace". Not saying this one is though.
The Toro commercial dealers also sell homeowner models. As far as I know, none of the personal pace are commercial grade. The commercial versions have a 3-speed transmission with the shift lever near the rear wheels and a swing handle instead of the personal pace push lever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgemaster View Post
If it's really that old, perhaps $100 is too much...
Mine was free. Well, I had to put $30 in parts on it to get it running. It does a nice job but its not "self-propelled" any more. Sometimes one wheel works and it jerks the mower out of the nice line you're trying to mow.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Hedgemaster Hedgemaster is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,772
Rep Power: 0
Hedgemaster is on a distinguished road
Default

I remembered that I know a guy who works at a Toro dealer across the state, so I sent him a message, and he confirmed that it's a 2001 and believes that they sold for $349 new.
He suggested an offer of $50-$60.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-10-2010, 02:59 PM
hounddog hounddog is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Milan Mi
Posts: 31
Rep Power: 7
hounddog is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgemaster View Post
I've been mowing for a friend of the family. The property belonged to a deceased family member and they asked me to maintain it until it sold. One "perk" was that I could use the lawnmower that was in the shed. Well, the house finally sold and he has no use for the mower, so I offered to buy it. "Make me an offer", he said... "What is it worth?"

I didn't know what too tell him, so I thought I'd see if anyone was familiar with this particular mower.

I don't know how old it is, but it certainly looks like at least five years or so.
I've replaced the cable for the self propel and have a new gas tank waiting to be put on, as it is currently leaking. Fuel line should probably be replaced while I'm at it.

The reason I'm looking to buy it is because I currently own a 10 year old Craftsman 7hp self propel bagger (RUNS great, but vibrates like mad due to bent shaft), and an old Homelite 20" 5hp that runs well, but is a mulcher ONLY, and the self propel is rather slow.

I don't know if this particular Toro that I'm looking to purchase is one of the better models sold by dealers, or if it's a "box store" mower, but my HOPE is that I can get a "decent" mower that will hold me over until I can afford a GOOD one next year.



Toro Recycler MODEL # 20035
Personal Pace
21"
Rear bag/mulch/side discharge
6hp B&S engine
SN 210002562 (if that helps to identify it's actual age)


Any input is appreciated!



p.s.
I was thinking of offering $100. Too much? About right?
i have a personal pace mower and it is 10 years old and running great, if it has side discharge it is a home owner if not it is a pro deck
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Hedgemaster Hedgemaster is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,772
Rep Power: 0
Hedgemaster is on a distinguished road
Default

I used it today to mow my own lawn. I'm also noticing that the back wheels are not turning freely when I pull it backwards. Not sure what the cause is yet, but until I know if it's an easy fix, that's another strike against it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toro 42" Timecutter Won't Start!! mr. phil Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs. 10 05-04-2010 11:32 AM
Please Help!!! Need Belt For 36" Toro Fresh Cut Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs. 13 03-25-2009 03:43 AM
Toro Proline 32" kolawns Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs. 8 09-08-2008 04:54 AM
TORO COMMERCIAL 37" CUT LAWN MOWER - $600 GeeGood General Talk 10 03-24-2008 08:33 AM
Toro Groundmaster 52" PerfectLawnServices Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review! 0 06-19-2005 11:49 PM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Hi from Long Island NY
Lori22
07-18-2016 02:01 PM
Yesterday 11:22 PM
by Chilehead
11 229
Hi everyone!
greenwavemedia
07-25-2016 03:22 PM
Yesterday 11:21 AM
by Lawnline
2 44
Hi! I'm Tony from Tampa
Lawnline
07-12-2016 06:47 PM
Yesterday 11:12 AM
by Lawnline
6 647
Needing a website built
burtle
06-17-2015 09:02 AM
Yesterday 10:30 AM
by Lawnline
16 18,484
Z246 Deck change question
JohnsLawnCare
07-25-2016 01:47 PM
07-25-2016 06:38 PM
by Steve
1 38
DIY Sprayer
acrajchel
07-25-2016 09:13 AM
07-25-2016 06:36 PM
by Steve
1 39
Hello Everyone
JohnsLawnCare
06-22-2016 11:14 AM
07-25-2016 06:20 PM
by Steve
15 563
How much to charge for...
jymie
03-31-2013 05:59 PM
07-25-2016 06:18 PM
by Steve
23 5,968
New Site Hows it look
Infinitelawn
03-16-2015 10:32 AM
07-25-2016 03:06 PM
by greenwavemedia
5 10,500
Looking for new host
Just for Cuts
11-26-2015 06:58 AM
07-25-2016 02:49 PM
by greenwavemedia
9 1,480
New Business Owner
danesdanglas87
07-20-2016 12:31 PM
07-21-2016 05:04 PM
by Steve
2 111
Question about...
Bradcook21
07-18-2016 05:22 PM
07-19-2016 04:38 PM
by Steve
2 135
Hello from Watertown New...
lawnmanrick81
07-19-2016 03:57 PM
07-19-2016 04:11 PM
by Steve
1 78
Gutter Cleaning Tool
DanielThomas
07-18-2016 08:23 AM
07-18-2016 04:36 PM
by Steve
1 109
Starting on a lawn care...
Coco3465
07-16-2016 11:26 AM
07-17-2016 09:20 AM
by Steve
1 134
Aspiring Company Owner
TJ136
07-12-2016 05:12 AM
07-15-2016 02:52 PM
by SC93
6 237
Hi Everyone
JavelinaLawn
07-10-2016 07:29 PM
07-13-2016 02:01 PM
by Chilehead
5 770
Review of our lawn care...
Lawnline
07-12-2016 06:40 PM
07-12-2016 06:40 PM
by Lawnline
0 406
Custom Canopies
JohnsLawnCare
07-12-2016 08:38 AM
07-12-2016 04:14 PM
by Steve
1 282
Spot checked by...
Just for Cuts
06-28-2016 02:34 PM
07-11-2016 03:53 PM
by Steve
4 297
John Deere JS40 issues
Mr. Mow
07-06-2016 01:28 PM
07-11-2016 03:52 PM
by Steve
3 226
Start My Own Business?
mowandblow1980
01-12-2016 07:43 PM
07-11-2016 11:18 AM
by DanielThomas
15 1,779
Rubber mulch...
avetslawncare
06-24-2015 09:28 PM
07-11-2016 09:11 AM
by Chilehead
9 3,312
Firefighter gone Lawn...
Firehouselawn@hotmail.com
03-10-2016 04:50 PM
07-07-2016 05:07 PM
by Steve
11 10,559
I need some business...
Firehouselawn@hotmail.com
07-06-2016 05:42 AM
07-07-2016 05:00 PM
by Steve
4 268
Business Overload
Chilehead
05-06-2016 09:27 PM
07-07-2016 04:53 PM
by Steve
24 1,279
Chemical Applications
acrajchel
06-24-2016 06:44 PM
07-05-2016 12:38 PM
by Chilehead
6 384
Is it too late?
Cpadgett
05-28-2016 09:10 AM
07-05-2016 11:54 AM
by Steve
14 887
3 Applications or 5...
stansg1fresh
02-18-2013 12:02 PM
07-04-2016 09:19 AM
by LawnPerfection
9 1,713
Best Push Mower You Have...
markty
05-14-2016 03:46 PM
07-02-2016 03:41 AM
by markty
27 1,952
Great Arborist Ladder
SGL1
06-04-2016 09:56 AM
06-28-2016 08:04 PM
by mowandblow1980
11 705
Newbie
Jhoell
06-25-2016 03:28 AM
06-28-2016 02:11 PM
by Chilehead
2 277
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 11:18 AM
06-28-2016 11:02 AM
by Brownieboy
1,253 440,382
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy