Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Just starting your lawn care or landscaping business? > Community Assistance

Community Assistance Community questions, comments, and suggestions. Problems posting? Email me.

Service Agreement

Community Assistance

Community questions, comments, and suggestions. Problems posting? Email me.

Old 06-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Dr. Scott - Ruler of the Underworld

CHEESE2009 is on a distinguished road
Default Service Agreement

Service Agreement

As a Breeze Lawn Service customer you agree to make payment(s) available to Breeze Lawn Service before or on the first Friday of every month.

Failure to make your payment(s) available to Breeze Lawn Service before or on the first Friday of every month will postpone our lawn maintenance service until payment has been received, along with an additional late fee and/or cancellation of Breeze Lawn Service promotional offers/discounts given to you previously;

$12.50 - Two (2) day(s), service is postponed - Promotional offers/discounts are cancelled.
$25.00 - Ten (10) day(s) you are removed from our customer database - Promotional offers/discounts are cancelled.

After Ten (10) day(s), if you would like for us to resume our lawn maintenance service - you must pay a late fee of $37.50 and a rescheduling fee of $2.50. Promotional offers/discounts are cancelled.

You understand that customers who have made their payment(s) early are of the highest priority to us and will be served before all customers who have not yet made their payments.

You understand that we accept cash, checks and/or Interac Email Money Transfers - You may also make your payment(s) by visiting our website, www.breezelawnservice.ca and using the payment methods available (Visa, Mastercard, American Express)

You understand that Breeze Lawn Service is not responsible for any due or overdue payment(s), and that it is your duty to contact us ahead of time in order to collect your payment(s).

If you are unsatisfied with our work, or you think that we did not show up - You must notify Breeze Lawn Service within 24 hours of the service date. We will send a crew back to your property at no additional charge, either on the same day or the day after (weather depending). If you do not notify Breeze Lawn Service within 24 hours, we consider the work satisfactory for that visit/week.

As a Breeze Lawn Service customer you understand that it our job to maintain your lawn (mowing, trimming, & blowing of debris) and that anything more is an act of courtesy by us. It is not our job to move objects on your property in order to maintain your lawn. If there are objects obstructing us from doing our job, we will work around them and/or skip your lawn for that week.

If we believe that your lawn will cause any danger to our equipment and/or crew, we will skip your lawn for that week, and you will be notified of the danger before the following week.

You understand and agree that Breeze Lawn Service and yourself are to respect each others lifestyles and wellbeing’s and to avoid unnecessary conflict. You agree to never demoralize and/or verbally abuse Breeze Lawn Service, failure to do so will result in immediate service cancellation.

You understand that Breeze Lawn Service will not tolerate the following and may result in service cancellation;

Customers
…who compare our service(s) with our competitors service(s) in order to receive a lower price.
…who are consistently unsatisfied with Breeze Lawn Service.
…who are ignorant towards the service agreement.
…who attempt to cheat/swindle and/or provoke Breeze Lawn Service.
…who show signs of being untrustworthy and/or have a negative payment history with us.

This service agreement may change at any time without notice - you can visit www.breezelawnservice.ca/forum in order to view the current service agreement or contact us for a copy.

I understand & agree to the above _________________________
Signature

If you have any questions, please call 514.895.5590 or email breeze2009@live.ca

************- (copied & pasted) **********-

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator

Old 06-22-2010, 06:03 PM
Justin

justin_time is on a distinguished road

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
I really like this

Can I borrow and modify ?
Old 06-22-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_time View Post
I really like this

Can I borrow and modify ?
damn right brotherrrrr!

hahaha, glad you liked it.

I wrote it while angry, so most of my troubles will be solved with this sheet & hopefully yours as well! I think I covered just about everything??
Old 06-23-2010, 10:47 AM

brian'slawncare is on a distinguished road

nice!! i like it...can i borrow it?? and modify some stuff
Old 06-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Steve has disabled reputation

Scott, this is a very colorful and creative contract. Can you give us a little background as to how it was created?

When you all are modifying it, are there other suggestions you could add to it that Scott may not have seen?
Old 06-23-2010, 01:40 PM

The Cleaning Doctor is on a distinguished road

changes in RED

Service Agreement

As a Breeze Lawn Service customer you agree to make payment(s) available to Breeze Lawn Service before or on the first Friday of every month.

Failure to make your payment(s) available to Breeze Lawn Service before or on the first Friday of every month will postpone your lawn maintenance service until payment has been received, along with any additional late fees and/or cancellation of Breeze Lawn Service promotional offers/discounts given to you previously;

$12.50 - Two (2) day(s), service is postponed - Promotional offers/discounts are canceled.
$25.00 - Ten (10) day(s) you are removed from our customer database - Promotional offers/discounts are canceled.

After Ten (10) day(s), if you would like for us to resume our lawn maintenance service - you must pay a late fee of $37.50 and a rescheduling fee of $2.50. Promotional offers/discounts are cancelled.

You understand that customers who have made their payment(s) on time are of the highest priority to us and will be served before all customers who have not yet made their payments.

You understand that we accept cash, checks and/or Interac Email Money Transfers - You may also make your payment(s) by visiting our website, www.breezelawnservice.ca and using the payment methods available (Visa, Mastercard, American Express)

You understand that Breeze Lawn Service is not responsible for any due or overdue payment(s), and that it is your duty to contact us ahead of time in order to collection of your payment(s).

If you are unsatisfied with our work, or you think that we did not show up - You must notify Breeze Lawn Service within 24 hours of the service date. We will send a crew back to your property at no additional charge, either on the same day or the day after (weather depending). If you do not notify Breeze Lawn Service within 24 hours, we consider the work satisfactory for that visit/week.

As a Breeze Lawn Service customer you understand that it our job to maintain your lawn (mowing, trimming, & blowing of debris) and that anything more is an act of courtesy by us. It is not our job to move objects on your property in order to maintain your lawn. If there are objects obstructing us from doing our job, we will work around them and/or skip your lawn for that week.

If we believe that your lawn will cause any danger to our equipment and/or employee, we reserve the right to skip your lawn for that week, and you will be notified of the danger before the following week.

You understand and agree that Breeze Lawn Service and yourself are to respect each others lifestyles and well being and to avoid unnecessary conflict. You agree to never demoralize and/or verbally abuse Breeze Lawn Service, failure to do so will result in immediate service cancellation.

You understand that Breeze Lawn Service reserves the right to cancel our services under any of the following conditions;

As I read this section over and over it has to go or be changed. The way it is written, it seems like provocation and it is also giving them a reason to doubt your abilities. It reads as my way or the highway and if this was put in front of me, I would show you the door. Just my opinion so take it for what you paid for it.... LOL
Customers
…who compare our service(s) with our competitors service(s) in order to receive a lower price. (this just does not read right. There will always being comparisons. Comparisons give you a chance to compare the apples to oranges so to speak.)
…who show signs of being untrustworthy and/or have a negative payment history with us.

This service agreement may change at any time without notice - you can visit www.breezelawnservice.ca/forum in order to view the current service agreement or contact us for a copy.

Signature

Scott you seem very well at what you do but with this type of agreement you need to take personal aspects out of it. Telling them they can't complain or they can be canceled is not what you want. If you are not willing to listen to your customers then how are you going to grow as a business? You will not know what to correct if you don't. This is why companies do surveys.

It seems to me that you have gotten your share of WHINERS this year. These are different from complaints. Don't make your customers afraid to complain.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:04 PM

dlingner is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't do business with anybody who presented me a contract like that.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:36 PM

robgee05 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEESE2009 View Post
Service Agreement

Failure to make your payment(s) available to Breeze Lawn Service before or on the first Friday of every month will postpone our lawn maintenance service until payment has been received, along with an additional late fee and/or cancellation of Breeze Lawn Service promotional offers/discounts given to you previously;

$12.50 - Two (2) day(s), service is postponed - Promotional offers/discounts are cancelled.
$25.00 - Ten (10) day(s) you are removed from our customer database - Promotional offers/discounts are cancelled.

You understand that customers who have made their payment(s) early are of the highest priority to us and will be served before all customers who have not yet made their payments.

You understand that Breeze Lawn Service is not responsible for any due or overdue payment(s), and that it is your duty to contact us ahead of time in order to collect your payment(s).

If we believe that your lawn will cause any danger to our equipment and/or crew, we will skip your lawn for that week, and you will be notified of the danger before the following week.

You understand and agree that Breeze Lawn Service and yourself are to respect each others lifestyles and wellbeing’s and to avoid unnecessary conflict. You agree to never demoralize and/or verbally abuse Breeze Lawn Service, failure to do so will result in immediate service cancellation.

You understand that Breeze Lawn Service will not tolerate the following and may result in service cancellation;

Customers
…who compare our service(s) with our competitors service(s) in order to receive a lower price.

Signature

__________ (copied & pasted) __________
That is F-ing great breeze. Can I steal a copy to modify?

TY

Rob
Old 06-30-2010, 10:01 PM

I'm happy many of you like it, please feel free to take it, modify it - & do whatever you want with it!

Some of you might feel as if it's a little harsh & scary, well that's what it's there for - to scare people into doing the correct thing when it comes to my business & what I do/don't feel like doing. I don't want to spend my valuable time chasing customers, but maybe some of you don't mind doing that - use it to your advantage, but remember that there is only so much slack you can give customers.

Even if customers are worried about the service agreement, I don't believe most of my customers will think less of me for who I am, or the impression I give them personally. IN FACT, many of my customers have told me, "You should make contracts, there are so many bad people out there"

customers that insist I make a contract for MY benefit, are real keepers. Many of my customers respect the heck outta me & the ones that worry about a piece of paper with simple guidelines really aren't worth my time.

What I hate most, are stories about why customers can't make their payment.

Several customers have an excuse for missing a payment, giving slack to any customer is the beginning of a BAD HABIT. When you give customers more time to pay, it just means you have to wait longer for YOUR hard earned cash.

Their financial problems will turn into YOUR financial problems, avoid it at all costs. "If you can't pay on time, then what good are you to me?"

My business needs to maintain a system, when one customer (expensive or not) causes a slight bit of turbulence, he/she has got to go.

I don't plan on being exactly the same as competitors, I want to be an entirely different version of lawn service.

Pizza guys can go to deliver a pizza & get ripped off when no one answers the door - this is something I can't let happen in my business. Customers can say I'm strict, but when they pay - the work gets done, always. Even then, I can't stress enough that it is my business, YOUR business - don't take a guess at how you should run it, know how you want to run it.

Someone can call you over the phone to go and mow there lawn, sure you'll tell them the price & arrange to pick up money, get the lawn done - but then you still have that chance of being burned. Sure it can be rare, but not taking that chance has made my business succeed.

I might lose a potential customer because they think I'm being "fishy", though I save myself a load of stress - chasing them & worrying if they're going to pay me, ALONG WITH SEVERAL OTHER CUSTOMERS. So in a way, I just saved myself from headaches & the inevitable (when I end up firing them a few months later).

ANYWAY, lol...
Old 06-30-2010, 10:29 PM

(update) ALSO:

For smaller companies, sure you can chase the odd customer around without any stress, or even realizing it's a hassle. Though when the number of customers add up, things get unorganized & you spend more time stressing out then to have things under control while enjoying your business.

1 customer can be 90% of your problems, when I drop an annoying & ignorant customer - I end up loving what I do again, & feel as if I've found the reason why I started this business in the first place. So when you have a bad customer, don't keep him/her around - one customer is all it takes to ruin you & your business. You CAN run a business with only decent customers, it is possible! Even if you get rid of 10-20% of the miserable ones, I guarentee you'll enjoy running your business a lot more, & have THAT MUCH MORE ENTHUSIASM to gain more! Bad customers drain you, and make you feel as if you need to avoid gaining new clients due to the risk of gaining another bad customer.

Getting a b.s complaint at 8AM in the morning will make the rest your day miserable - don't put up with it, decent customers are out there.

You might feel that it's complicated to gain clients, I felt that way too. The worst thing you can do is to accept a potential customer JUST because you have room. If it's not completely necessary to add another customer to your list, don't agree to work for them just yet - make a serious decision by analyzing them head to toe, as they could cause you an infinite amount of suffering.

EXAMPLE:

I got a phone call;

Scott: Breeze Lawn Service, Scott speaking.

Guy: I got your flyer & was wondering how much you charge to cut the grass?

Scott: I'd have to come take a look at the property before I can give you a price.

Guy: I just need it cut one time.

Scott: I don't offer single time cuts, one month minimum only.

Guy: my address is blablahblah, can you come give me a price? Maybe I'll take you for a month.

*** I gave the guy my price for one month & I told him I'd be there Monday to do the work ***

What really happened?

I went to his home on Monday to get the money, he wasn't there - but he was expecting me to mow the lawn.

Unfortunately, he previously told me he's only interested in having it cut ONCE which means he could have be bluffing when he later said that he might hire me for a full month.

Too bad for him, I didn't cut the grass. I left him another card with the price, said I'd be back Thursday - call me a.s.a.p.

So, many new people would have cut his grass & take a chance of gaining/losing that one new customer.

To me, I saved myself time & expenses from doing that single mow job & possibly getting ripped off.

If I mowed it, sure I could chase him the next few weeks telling him that he owes me $xxx - but common... We all know what he said, he firstly wanted it cut once(1 time), the rest was b.s in order for me to actually take interest. Flawed trust on his part.

He could have paid me after, on time for that one cut. Though hiring me for a full month would STILL be undecided by him! Not worth my time.

Pay up front, for minimum one month - don't waste my time. I'm not desperate enough to offer single time/ on call mows, I want everything scheduled & more profitable.