Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Property Management Forums > Lawn Maintenance / Lawn Renovation

Lawn Maintenance / Lawn Renovation
A great way to talk about all things lawn care related. Grass, turf, shrubs, trees, aeration, fertilization, reseeding, hydro-seeding, mowing, grub control, chemicals and pesticides. Ask questions, give answers. Grow!

Nature's Lawn


Lawn Maintenance / Lawn Renovation

A great way to talk about all things lawn care related. Grass, turf, shrubs, trees, aeration, fertilization, reseeding, hydro-seeding, mowing, grub control, chemicals and pesticides. Ask questions, give answers. Grow!
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #21  
Old 06-20-2010, 05:28 PM
swstout's Avatar
swstout swstout is offline
Steve
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canastota, NY
Age: 67
Posts: 1,082
Rep Power: 9
swstout is on a distinguished road
Default No anti-foaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark123 View Post
I think I'm going to have to add some anti-foaming agent. When spraying the Aerify it looks like the Lawrence Welk show! HAHAH!! Bubbles everywhere!!!

Do you use anything for anti-foaming?
No, it disipates quickly and lets me lnow what I have covered. I do ad a dechlorinator though. Chlorine (from city water supplies) will kill of the biolife in the Aerify (and the Dethatcher too). I get Pond Dechlorinator at Lowe's. One tin will last you a year.

Steve
__________________


Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #22  
Old 06-20-2010, 06:18 PM
Paineless Creations's Avatar
Paineless Creations Paineless Creations is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: West Richland, WA
Posts: 205
Rep Power: 7
Paineless Creations is on a distinguished road
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Great I think I will get the hose end sprayer. I have testing the Aerify plus and the Bio-Enhanced 16-4-8 fertilizer they sell on my lawn and I am liking the results I am thinking about selling this service to customers. I am a small time outfit and this is my first year in the business. Here are my thoughts.
Mix together
1 gal of ArifyPlus
1 gal of nature Iron you posted earlier from amazon
and
2.5 Gal of Bio-Enhanced fertilizer.

and then spray through the hose end sprayer.

But I guess i have a minor problum of storing 4 gallons of mixed product, What do i store it in and how long is shelve life mixed together. I can put it in a controled temp enviroment.

I guess the other thought I have on this is how often do i spray this on a customers lawn. I read on here every 2-4 weeks on products. But the average customer likes a Scotts 4 times a year methed from home depot.

So what would be a charge for this everytime you go out and spray couple of week or monthly.

Maybe I am just over thinking all of this. What are your thought on all of this?

Bobby
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-20-2010, 11:15 PM
swstout's Avatar
swstout swstout is offline
Steve
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canastota, NY
Age: 67
Posts: 1,082
Rep Power: 9
swstout is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paineless Creations View Post
Great I think I will get the hose end sprayer. I have testing the Aerify plus and the Bio-Enhanced 16-4-8 fertilizer they sell on my lawn and I am liking the results I am thinking about selling this service to customers. I am a small time outfit and this is my first year in the business. Here are my thoughts.
Mix together
1 gal of ArifyPlus
1 gal of nature Iron you posted earlier from amazon
and
2.5 Gal of Bio-Enhanced fertilizer.

and then spray through the hose end sprayer.

But I guess i have a minor problum of storing 4 gallons of mixed product, What do i store it in and how long is shelve life mixed together. I can put it in a controled temp enviroment.

I guess the other thought I have on this is how often do i spray this on a customers lawn. I read on here every 2-4 weeks on products. But the average customer likes a Scotts 4 times a year methed from home depot.

So what would be a charge for this everytime you go out and spray couple of week or monthly.

Maybe I am just over thinking all of this. What are your thought on all of this?

Bobby
Bobby,

I would do things a little differently because the coverage of the various products differs.

Aerify - 1 oz per 1,000 sq. ft. - 128,000 sq. ft. per gallon
Nature’s Magic - 4 oz per 1,000 sq. ft. - 32,000 sq. ft. per gallon
16-4-8 - 6 oz per 1,000 sq. ft. - 21,200 sq. ft. per gallon
Liquid Iron - 7 oz per 1,000 sq. ft. - 17,600 sq. ft. per gallon

I would make my mixture:
Aerify - 10 oz
Nature’s Magic - 70 oz
16-4-8 - 120 oz
Liquid Iron - 48 oz

This would make 2 gallons of mixture and would have a coverage of 35,200 sq. ft.

I spray every 4 weeks on contract. This mixture and frequency will vary with turf type. Centipede grass (if you service it) should not use the 16-4-8 (requires very little nitrogen and you should eliminate phosphorous and potassium) and I would substitute liquid Iron with liquid sulfur.

Steve
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-21-2010, 05:44 AM
mzlawncare's Avatar
mzlawncare mzlawncare is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 80
Rep Power: 7
mzlawncare is on a distinguished road
Default natures lawn

Does Natures lawn Make a product that kills dandilions?
__________________
Cubcadet ztr
husquvarna blower craftsman professional series trimmer w/ homade harness
60 gallon fimco pull type sprayer
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-21-2010, 06:05 AM
swstout's Avatar
swstout swstout is offline
Steve
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canastota, NY
Age: 67
Posts: 1,082
Rep Power: 9
swstout is on a distinguished road
Default Dandilions

http://organiclawncarestore.spaces.l...B421!161.entry

Try this

Steve
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-21-2010, 10:35 AM
XtreemGreen XtreemGreen is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pasco, Fla
Age: 45
Posts: 429
Rep Power: 8
XtreemGreen is on a distinguished road
Default

I sent you a PM Steve...
__________________


In Memory of My Dad..1943-2008..Gary "Snuffy" Smith
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-21-2010, 11:36 AM
swstout's Avatar
swstout swstout is offline
Steve
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canastota, NY
Age: 67
Posts: 1,082
Rep Power: 9
swstout is on a distinguished road
Default I replied

I replied to your PM

Steve
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Paineless Creations's Avatar
Paineless Creations Paineless Creations is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: West Richland, WA
Posts: 205
Rep Power: 7
Paineless Creations is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swstout View Post
Bobby,

I would do things a little differently because the coverage of the various products differs.

Aerify - 1 oz per 1,000 sq. ft. - 128,000 sq. ft. per gallon
Nature’s Magic - 4 oz per 1,000 sq. ft. - 32,000 sq. ft. per gallon
16-4-8 - 6 oz per 1,000 sq. ft. - 21,200 sq. ft. per gallon
Liquid Iron - 7 oz per 1,000 sq. ft. - 17,600 sq. ft. per gallon

I would make my mixture:
Aerify - 10 oz
Nature’s Magic - 70 oz
16-4-8 - 120 oz
Liquid Iron - 48 oz

This would make 2 gallons of mixture and would have a coverage of 35,200 sq. ft.

I spray every 4 weeks on contract. This mixture and frequency will vary with turf type. Centipede grass (if you service it) should not use the 16-4-8 (requires very little nitrogen and you should eliminate phosphorous and potassium) and I would substitute liquid Iron with liquid sulfur.

Steve
Very good info. Thank you

I do have a question isn't Aerify Plus a mixture of nature magic and aerify so why dont you use that and it is one less thing to buy and mix?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-21-2010, 09:07 PM
swstout's Avatar
swstout swstout is offline
Steve
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canastota, NY
Age: 67
Posts: 1,082
Rep Power: 9
swstout is on a distinguished road
Default Aerify Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paineless Creations View Post
Very good info. Thank you

I do have a question isn't Aerify Plus a mixture of nature magic and aerify so why dont you use that and it is one less thing to buy and mix?
Aerify Plus is a 50/50 misture of Aerify and Nature's Magic. The coverage of Aerify is 400% that of Nature's Magic. For a gallon of each 128,000 to 32,000 sq. ft. I apply every 4 weeks and get better results than using Aerify Plus once and then just Nature's Magic for the rest of the applications. Also, it gives me one less product that has to be climate controlled.

Steve
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-16-2010, 03:43 AM
mark123's Avatar
mark123 mark123 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 1,404
Rep Power: 9
mark123 is on a distinguished road
Default

It's getting hot and dry. Any recommendations beyond watering? Aerify should help watering be more effective, right?

Unfortunately, I have left my Bio-dethatcher and Nature's Magic in a non-climate controlled garage. There's only about 16 ounces of each left (about enough to do my lawn again), what happens to it when it gets above 80°F?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nature's Lawn ERROR CHEESE2009 Community Assistance 4 06-11-2010 07:28 PM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
How much to charge for...
jymie
03-31-2013 05:59 PM
Yesterday 08:02 PM
by Steve
25 6,006
Now Hiring Just South of...
Chilehead
Yesterday 11:38 AM
Yesterday 11:38 AM
by Chilehead
0 14
Hi from Long Island NY
Lori22
07-18-2016 02:01 PM
07-26-2016 11:22 PM
by Chilehead
11 242
Hi everyone!
greenwavemedia
07-25-2016 03:22 PM
07-26-2016 11:21 AM
by Lawnline
2 51
Hi! I'm Tony from Tampa
Lawnline
07-12-2016 06:47 PM
07-26-2016 11:12 AM
by Lawnline
6 653
Needing a website built
burtle
06-17-2015 09:02 AM
07-26-2016 10:30 AM
by Lawnline
16 18,650
Z246 Deck change question
JohnsLawnCare
07-25-2016 01:47 PM
07-25-2016 06:38 PM
by Steve
1 43
DIY Sprayer
acrajchel
07-25-2016 09:13 AM
07-25-2016 06:36 PM
by Steve
1 44
Hello Everyone
JohnsLawnCare
06-22-2016 11:14 AM
07-25-2016 06:20 PM
by Steve
15 570
New Site Hows it look
Infinitelawn
03-16-2015 10:32 AM
07-25-2016 03:06 PM
by greenwavemedia
5 10,508
Looking for new host
Just for Cuts
11-26-2015 06:58 AM
07-25-2016 02:49 PM
by greenwavemedia
9 1,486
New Business Owner
danesdanglas87
07-20-2016 12:31 PM
07-21-2016 05:04 PM
by Steve
2 117
Question about...
Bradcook21
07-18-2016 05:22 PM
07-19-2016 04:38 PM
by Steve
2 139
Hello from Watertown New...
lawnmanrick81
07-19-2016 03:57 PM
07-19-2016 04:11 PM
by Steve
1 83
Gutter Cleaning Tool
DanielThomas
07-18-2016 08:23 AM
07-18-2016 04:36 PM
by Steve
1 113
Starting on a lawn care...
Coco3465
07-16-2016 11:26 AM
07-17-2016 09:20 AM
by Steve
1 140
Aspiring Company Owner
TJ136
07-12-2016 05:12 AM
07-15-2016 02:52 PM
by SC93
6 241
Hi Everyone
JavelinaLawn
07-10-2016 07:29 PM
07-13-2016 02:01 PM
by Chilehead
5 774
Review of our lawn care...
Lawnline
07-12-2016 06:40 PM
07-12-2016 06:40 PM
by Lawnline
0 409
Custom Canopies
JohnsLawnCare
07-12-2016 08:38 AM
07-12-2016 04:14 PM
by Steve
1 285
Spot checked by...
Just for Cuts
06-28-2016 02:34 PM
07-11-2016 03:53 PM
by Steve
4 302
John Deere JS40 issues
Mr. Mow
07-06-2016 01:28 PM
07-11-2016 03:52 PM
by Steve
3 228
Start My Own Business?
mowandblow1980
01-12-2016 07:43 PM
07-11-2016 11:18 AM
by DanielThomas
15 1,785
Rubber mulch...
avetslawncare
06-24-2015 09:28 PM
07-11-2016 09:11 AM
by Chilehead
9 3,315
Firefighter gone Lawn...
Firehouselawn@hotmail.com
03-10-2016 04:50 PM
07-07-2016 05:07 PM
by Steve
11 10,563
I need some business...
Firehouselawn@hotmail.com
07-06-2016 05:42 AM
07-07-2016 05:00 PM
by Steve
4 273
Business Overload
Chilehead
05-06-2016 09:27 PM
07-07-2016 04:53 PM
by Steve
24 1,288
Chemical Applications
acrajchel
06-24-2016 06:44 PM
07-05-2016 12:38 PM
by Chilehead
6 388
Is it too late?
Cpadgett
05-28-2016 09:10 AM
07-05-2016 11:54 AM
by Steve
14 891
3 Applications or 5...
stansg1fresh
02-18-2013 12:02 PM
07-04-2016 09:19 AM
by LawnPerfection
9 1,716
Best Push Mower You Have...
markty
05-14-2016 03:46 PM
07-02-2016 03:41 AM
by markty
27 1,961
Great Arborist Ladder
SGL1
06-04-2016 09:56 AM
06-28-2016 08:04 PM
by mowandblow1980
11 709
Newbie
Jhoell
06-25-2016 03:28 AM
06-28-2016 02:11 PM
by Chilehead
2 283
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 11:18 AM
06-28-2016 11:02 AM
by Brownieboy
1,253 440,420
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy