Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Property Management Forums > General Talk

General Talk If it doesn't fit anywhere else, post it here.

to fertilize or not to fertilize


General Talk

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, post it here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 05-23-2010, 09:35 PM
pvplus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Question to fertilize or not to fertilize

i maintain a daycare here in georgia, the grass is really all weeds but there is some remnants of the zoysia sod.

I want to fertilize (using liquid fert for bacpac sprayer) but i have to cut every week.

Should i just apply fert after a cutting then?
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 05-23-2010, 10:03 PM
swstout's Avatar
swstout swstout is offline
Steve
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canastota, NY
Age: 67
Posts: 1,082
Rep Power: 9
swstout is on a distinguished road
Default Lawn Fert

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvplus View Post
i maintain a daycare here in georgia, the grass is really all weeds but there is some remnants of the zoysia sod.

I want to fertilize (using liquid fert for bacpac sprayer) but i have to cut every week.

Should i just apply fert after a cutting then?
Apply fertilizer after cutting. I would use a hose end sprayer. The back-pack sprayer will wear you out. The hose end sprayer gives you better coverage and is much faster.

Steve
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-23-2010, 10:08 PM
jklawncare's Avatar
jklawncare jklawncare is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 577
Rep Power: 7
jklawncare is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvplus View Post
what does the 2 or 1 represent in the formula and how are you getting the $ amountresult. and if you could help me out on the thread i put up in general talk...(to fertilize or not to fertilize)

if you don't mindmuch.
Hey how are you

The 2 and 1 are measurements of the time it takes to do the job

its based off of one hour so
say my rate per hour is 50$
the job takes 30 minutes
30 is 1/2 of 60
so..
60/2 is equal to 30
so if its half the time
its half the hourly rate
50/2 wich is 25

now

60/1 is equal to 60
so 1 represents one full hour
wich is equal to the whole 50$


I know im not much of a teacher and i appologize for this. But ill try explaining it as best as i can.

now if its supposed to take 2.5 hours your equation will be different

its just 2.5*50 wich is equal to 125

Basically to get the divisible numbers you divide the time into parts

to get 45 minutes you know that 45 minutes is 3/4 of one hour
there for one quarter is 15 minutes

so say a job takes one hour and 15 minutes

you take your hourly rate and multiply it by the time

50*1.25

its easier to explain in decimals and easier to do on calculators etc.

I really hope this helps..maybe someone else can help me out..i know what to do i just dont know how to put it in words i suppose...anyways..i sure hope this helps and thanks for pming me
__________________
Just Kut Lawn and Landscape
"Where Service is Always in Season"
Reach for the stars so if you fall you land on a cloud.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-23-2010, 10:10 PM
pvplus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default God blesses

thanks for the help my good sir.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-23-2010, 10:30 PM
pvplus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default thank you my good sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by swstout View Post
Apply fertilizer after cutting. I would use a hose end sprayer. The back-pack sprayer will wear you out. The hose end sprayer gives you better coverage and is much faster.

Steve
i really appreciate your information.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-23-2010, 10:32 PM
pvplus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default teacher...moer like professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklawncare View Post
Hey how are you

The 2 and 1 are measurements of the time it takes to do the job

its based off of one hour so
say my rate per hour is 50$
the job takes 30 minutes
30 is 1/2 of 60
so..
60/2 is equal to 30
so if its half the time
its half the hourly rate
50/2 wich is 25

now

60/1 is equal to 60
so 1 represents one full hour
wich is equal to the whole 50$


I know im not much of a teacher and i appologize for this. But ill try explaining it as best as i can.

now if its supposed to take 2.5 hours your equation will be different

its just 2.5*50 wich is equal to 125

Basically to get the divisible numbers you divide the time into parts

to get 45 minutes you know that 45 minutes is 3/4 of one hour
there for one quarter is 15 minutes

so say a job takes one hour and 15 minutes

you take your hourly rate and multiply it by the time

50*1.25

its easier to explain in decimals and easier to do on calculators etc.

I really hope this helps..maybe someone else can help me out..i know what to do i just dont know how to put it in words i suppose...anyways..i sure hope this helps and thanks for pming me


taught me well pat urself
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-23-2010, 10:49 PM
jklawncare's Avatar
jklawncare jklawncare is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 577
Rep Power: 7
jklawncare is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvplus View Post
taught me well pat urself
glad i could help
__________________
Just Kut Lawn and Landscape
"Where Service is Always in Season"
Reach for the stars so if you fall you land on a cloud.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
fertilization

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
do you fertilize Rexdale Grass General Talk 5 03-30-2010 11:28 PM
How to fertilize? Dzielak51 Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job 7 02-21-2008 09:17 AM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Correct way to quote a...
WarriorLandscapingCAN
Today 11:52 AM
Today 11:52 AM
by WarriorLandscapingCAN
0 6
Having an issue with...
Mr. Mow
04-27-2016 03:58 PM
04-28-2016 05:04 AM
by Sprinkler Buddy
2 99
Hello From Virginia
JJand M Lawncare
04-25-2016 01:02 PM
04-27-2016 05:20 PM
by Steve
5 127
knowledge is Key
Greg'slawnandlandscape
04-23-2016 02:23 AM
04-25-2016 02:40 PM
by Steve
2 122
Hello from Calgary
Freshcut
04-22-2016 06:10 PM
04-25-2016 02:38 PM
by Steve
1 114
Echo Bed Redefiner...
NPM_LLC
04-12-2016 10:54 AM
04-22-2016 06:15 PM
by Freshcut
4 314
Has anyone done a garden?
Brian3137
03-28-2016 10:42 AM
04-22-2016 04:42 PM
by biglee
13 9,749
What would you charge?
markty
04-18-2016 03:28 PM
04-22-2016 09:01 AM
by chris2500hd
6 276
Replaced Mower Engine
Sprinkler Buddy
04-15-2016 06:21 AM
04-19-2016 11:03 AM
by Sprinkler Buddy
6 254
Hello from Oklahoma
Ron Hall
03-24-2016 06:59 PM
04-16-2016 03:51 AM
by Ron Hall
9 9,464
Laying down some stripes
MATTNAPIER89
04-11-2016 09:55 PM
04-14-2016 11:55 PM
by Steve
3 330
Find out what business...
MATTNAPIER89
04-11-2016 09:58 PM
04-13-2016 12:32 PM
by MATTNAPIER89
2 284
Hello my name is Matt
MATTNAPIER89
04-11-2016 09:46 PM
04-13-2016 12:58 AM
by Steve
1 231
How to drop some...
nickeckes
04-11-2016 01:07 AM
04-12-2016 05:22 PM
by Steve
4 316
Trash Receptacle for a...
tannerduncan
04-12-2016 05:02 PM
04-12-2016 05:19 PM
by Steve
1 214
Small Project Lawn
tannerduncan
03-31-2016 08:21 PM
04-12-2016 05:16 PM
by Steve
7 9,342
Please Help! Bidding...
Dorali
02-15-2016 12:02 PM
04-06-2016 01:08 AM
by Steve
36 13,034
Hello
pbcleff
04-05-2016 07:45 PM
04-06-2016 12:35 AM
by Steve
1 404
Hello
llewelwa
03-18-2016 12:47 AM
04-05-2016 12:14 AM
by Steve
3 9,335
Poop and Scooping
llewelwa
04-01-2016 05:48 PM
04-05-2016 12:08 AM
by Steve
1 9,117
help with sole...
greenbuds
03-24-2016 12:21 PM
04-04-2016 05:33 PM
by WarriorLandscapingCAN
2 9,279
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 PM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 PM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy