Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Just starting your lawn care or landscaping business? > Starting a lawn care business.

Starting a lawn care business. How to start a lawn mowing business, lawn care business, or landscaping business. If you are starting a lawn care business, ask your questions here.

Follow up flyers


Starting a lawn care business.

How to start a lawn mowing business, lawn care business, or landscaping business. If you are starting a lawn care business, ask your questions here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 05-01-2010, 04:45 PM
cleancutlawncare5382 cleancutlawncare5382 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Posts: 141
Rep Power: 7
cleancutlawncare5382 is on a distinguished road
Default Follow up flyers

I have two customers in a middle to upper income neighborhood. Got these by going door to door with flyers and introducing myself and offering services. First wave of flyers was about 4 to 5 weeks ago. I would like to gain more business in this area.
My question is how long would you wait or at what event would you remarket this area?
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 05-01-2010, 08:45 PM
jymie's Avatar
jymie jymie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hamburg New York
Posts: 912
Rep Power: 8
jymie is on a distinguished road
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleancutlawncare5382 View Post
I have two customers in a middle to upper income neighborhood. Got these by going door to door with flyers and introducing myself and offering services. First wave of flyers was about 4 to 5 weeks ago. I would like to gain more business in this area.
My question is how long would you wait or at what event would you remarket this area?
At the very least you should be leaving a flyer to the neighbors of the customers you currently have. Two houses on both sides of them, and all the homes across the street from those. Mention in the flyer that you currently service a neighbor, and since your already here, you could service them also. Try to advertise something different each time you flyer the same customers neighbors. Once a month I feel is sufficient. You could advertise things such as mulch installs, flower installs, flower bed weeding, driveway edging, lawn mowing etc. Come up with a different flyer dealing with each service you provide. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-01-2010, 10:02 PM
TeamDynamic's Avatar
TeamDynamic TeamDynamic is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 51
Rep Power: 7
TeamDynamic is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jymie View Post
At the very least you should be leaving a flyer to the neighbors of the customers you currently have. Two houses on both sides of them, and all the homes across the street from those. Mention in the flyer that you currently service a neighbor, and since your already here, you could service them also. Try to advertise something different each time you flyer the same customers neighbors. Once a month I feel is sufficient. You could advertise things such as mulch installs, flower installs, flower bed weeding, driveway edging, lawn mowing etc. Come up with a different flyer dealing with each service you provide. Hope this helps.
The "Sorry About the Noise" flyer in the lawn care template section has worked pretty good for us
__________________
www.TeamDynamicOnline.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-04-2010, 08:21 PM
cleancutlawncare5382 cleancutlawncare5382 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Posts: 141
Rep Power: 7
cleancutlawncare5382 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamDynamic View Post
The "Sorry About the Noise" flyer in the lawn care template section has worked pretty good for us
WOW!

I used the “Sorry about the noise flyer today”. I increased my business by 133%. I was mowing and seen a neighbor outside so I handed him one. He said no trouble when can you start. He would like me to quote the mother-in-law also.
As I was packed up and leaving I handed one to the other neighbor. She you do nice work would I take care of her before leaving.

Thanks TeamDynamic for the advice.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-05-2010, 01:06 AM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 37,925
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
I used the “Sorry about the noise flyer today”. I increased my business by 133%. I was mowing and seen a neighbor outside so I handed him one.
Do you keep these flyers on you or in your truck? How often do you find yourself handing them out now?
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-05-2010, 08:23 AM
cleancutlawncare5382 cleancutlawncare5382 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Posts: 141
Rep Power: 7
cleancutlawncare5382 is on a distinguished road
Default

I printed up 10 before leaving for the job so I had them in the truck. You can bet I will have a few in the truck from now on.

I have a single client job in three other neighborhoods and plan to work the cloverleaf with the “ Sorry about the Noise flyer”. I will keep you posted on the effectiveness in these other areas.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-05-2010, 11:58 AM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 37,925
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
I will keep you posted on the effectiveness in these other areas.
Please do!

When you see other neighbors out, how do you go about approaching them and try to get them to sign up?
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-05-2010, 01:12 PM
cleancutlawncare5382 cleancutlawncare5382 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Posts: 141
Rep Power: 7
cleancutlawncare5382 is on a distinguished road
Default

The group of people I have approached this year (maybe 150) either need services or they don’t. No fence riders yet, no talking them into anything. I’m luck so far.

When I see them outside which has been a higher success rate VS answering the door. I try to display professionalism and be polite. From there it’s all about active listening. It can be a little unnerving to approach someone but I try to be confident w/out be pushy.
Seems to work for me.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 37,925
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
When I see them outside which has been a higher success rate VS answering the door. I try to display professionalism and be polite. From there it’s all about active listening. It can be a little unnerving to approach someone but I try to be confident w/out be pushy.
Seems to work for me.
The fact that they are out and you are out at the same time can be a great thing.

Do you find that you can point out other yard issues you could assist with if the neighbor is not looking for lawn care at the moment?

Or can you suggest these services in addition to lawn care?
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-05-2010, 07:34 PM
cleancutlawncare5382 cleancutlawncare5382 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Posts: 141
Rep Power: 7
cleancutlawncare5382 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
The fact that they are out and you are out at the same time can be a great thing.

Do you find that you can point out other yard issues you could assist with if the neighbor is not looking for lawn care at the moment?

Or can you suggest these services in addition to lawn care?
Two of the four (50%) of my new customers gained yesterday needed other services. Both had debris piled in the back corning of their property and asked if I could haul it away. And I bid my first gutter job tonight, I haven’t heard back yet. May have bid a little high. 2 story house with about 115 feet of gutter. I quoted $100. We will see.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need to get flyers out NOW! racerdude711 Starting a lawn care business. 12 01-21-2012 11:04 PM
What is the proper way to follow up with a customer after giving them a quote? SECTLANDSCAPING Starting a lawn care business. 13 11-27-2009 08:37 AM
flyers slmowing General Talk 3 11-24-2009 12:31 PM
Podcast on lawn care bid follow ups. Steve GopherHaul Lawn Care Business Show, Video, Book & Podcast Discussions. 0 12-05-2008 08:09 PM
flyers gmoney55 Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review! 14 04-24-2008 12:49 AM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Having an issue with...
Mr. Mow
04-27-2016 03:58 PM
Yesterday 05:04 AM
by Sprinkler Buddy
2 76
Hello From Virginia
JJand M Lawncare
04-25-2016 01:02 PM
04-27-2016 05:20 PM
by Steve
5 103
Hello from Calgary
Freshcut
04-22-2016 06:10 PM
04-25-2016 05:46 PM
by Freshcut
2 101
knowledge is Key
Greg'slawnandlandscape
04-23-2016 02:23 AM
04-25-2016 02:40 PM
by Steve
2 100
Echo Bed Redefiner...
NPM_LLC
04-12-2016 10:54 AM
04-22-2016 06:15 PM
by Freshcut
4 297
Has anyone done a garden?
Brian3137
03-28-2016 10:42 AM
04-22-2016 04:42 PM
by biglee
13 9,719
What would you charge?
markty
04-18-2016 03:28 PM
04-22-2016 09:01 AM
by chris2500hd
6 246
Replaced Mower Engine
Sprinkler Buddy
04-15-2016 06:21 AM
04-19-2016 11:03 AM
by Sprinkler Buddy
6 241
Hello from Oklahoma
Ron Hall
03-24-2016 06:59 PM
04-16-2016 03:51 AM
by Ron Hall
9 9,443
Laying down some stripes
MATTNAPIER89
04-11-2016 09:55 PM
04-14-2016 11:55 PM
by Steve
3 313
Find out what business...
MATTNAPIER89
04-11-2016 09:58 PM
04-13-2016 12:32 PM
by MATTNAPIER89
2 270
Hello my name is Matt
MATTNAPIER89
04-11-2016 09:46 PM
04-13-2016 12:58 AM
by Steve
1 221
How to drop some...
nickeckes
04-11-2016 01:07 AM
04-12-2016 05:22 PM
by Steve
4 301
Trash Receptacle for a...
tannerduncan
04-12-2016 05:02 PM
04-12-2016 05:19 PM
by Steve
1 201
Small Project Lawn
tannerduncan
03-31-2016 08:21 PM
04-12-2016 05:16 PM
by Steve
7 9,328
Please Help! Bidding...
Dorali
02-15-2016 12:02 PM
04-06-2016 01:08 AM
by Steve
36 12,986
Hello
pbcleff
04-05-2016 07:45 PM
04-06-2016 12:35 AM
by Steve
1 394
Hello
llewelwa
03-18-2016 12:47 AM
04-05-2016 12:14 AM
by Steve
3 9,313
Poop and Scooping
llewelwa
04-01-2016 05:48 PM
04-05-2016 12:08 AM
by Steve
1 9,103
help with sole...
greenbuds
03-24-2016 12:21 PM
04-04-2016 05:33 PM
by WarriorLandscapingCAN
2 9,267
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 PM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 PM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy