Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Business > Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review!

Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review! Lawn Care Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations Discussion.

Customized Receipt book


Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review!

Lawn Care Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations Discussion.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #11  
Old 01-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Fresh Cut's Avatar
Fresh Cut Fresh Cut is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 235
Rep Power: 7
Fresh Cut is on a distinguished road
Default

Maybe something like this but on a half page so I would have 2 per page, and I could just tear 'em out.

Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #12  
Old 01-16-2010, 02:45 PM
picframer's Avatar
picframer picframer is offline
Andy
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,885
Rep Power: 10
picframer will become famous soon enough
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_time View Post
How do you accept someone's credit card ? Do you use Paypal to do that ?
No we are set up at the bank my company deals with, the guys all have cell on them with a toll free IVR on speed dial, the call the IVR and basically 60 seconds or so later they are finished and on to the next job then I will compare a report the next day and compare the receipts to payments, we try to balance every day but that isn't always necessary so sometimes its once a week. Money is in the bank account in 24 hours or the next morning if called in by 11:00 pm in our time zone. I get a good rate it's 3.6%

I have paypal but that is for my woodworking business and Ebay.
__________________
Andy
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-16-2010, 03:12 PM
justin_time justin_time is offline
Justin
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: French River, ON, Canada
Age: 29
Posts: 1,801
Rep Power: 0
justin_time is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by picframer View Post
No we are set up at the bank my company deals with, the guys all have cell on them with a toll free IVR on speed dial, the call the IVR and basically 60 seconds or so later they are finished and on to the next job then I will compare a report the next day and compare the receipts to payments, we try to balance every day but that isn't always necessary so sometimes its once a week. Money is in the bank account in 24 hours or the next morning if called in by 11:00 pm in our time zone. I get a good rate it's 3.6%

I have paypal but that is for my woodworking business and Ebay.
I'd love to do this with Paypal, accept over phone, fax or e-mail

But they charge 35$/month

3.1% + $0.30 CAD which means $3.40 on every $100

I don't even know if it's worth it ?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-16-2010, 03:55 PM
picframer's Avatar
picframer picframer is offline
Andy
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,885
Rep Power: 10
picframer will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_time View Post
I'd love to do this with Paypal, accept over phone, fax or e-mail

But they charge 35$/month

3.1% + $0.30 CAD which means $3.40 on every $100

I don't even know if it's worth it ?
Justin, Go talk to your local credit union, that is where my yard care company is, not one of the companies I own deals with the same bank, the credit union treats me very well.

Paypal would not fly where you live IMHO, I suspect based on your feedback most do not even know what Paypal is and if you tell them and they are over the age of 65, I am willing to bet the majority will balk like no tomorrow if they have not educated themselves.

Look at it this way also, I have no receivables and I haven't had any since I started, my woodworking company is the same way. in your example 3.4% of the sale is cheap insurance for the guarantee your money is in your account tomorrow. If you have to increase your price by 4%.

I know you are in a bit of a tough situation as your largest client is the school board, no matter where one is located, government is desperate slow to pay, I simply charge 19% interest on anything over 30 days calculated daily and it's clear on my bids and invoices, they pay it which is beyond me, what a waste of tax payer money.

We are doing snow work for the city and I know it will be 60 to 90 days before I get the cheque, whatever interest will accrue and I can carry the receivable as I know I will get paid and our retained earnings is pretty high at the moment.
__________________
Andy
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-16-2010, 04:22 PM
justin_time justin_time is offline
Justin
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: French River, ON, Canada
Age: 29
Posts: 1,801
Rep Power: 0
justin_time is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by picframer View Post
Justin, Go talk to your local credit union, that is where my yard care company is, not one of the companies I own deals with the same bank, the credit union treats me very well.

Paypal would not fly where you live IMHO, I suspect based on your feedback most do not even know what Paypal is and if you tell them and they are over the age of 65, I am willing to bet the majority will balk like no tomorrow if they have not educated themselves.

Look at it this way also, I have no receivables and I haven't had any since I started, my woodworking company is the same way. in your example 3.4% of the sale is cheap insurance for the guarantee your money is in your account tomorrow. If you have to increase your price by 4%.

I know you are in a bit of a tough situation as your largest client is the school board, no matter where one is located, government is desperate slow to pay, I simply charge 19% interest on anything over 30 days calculated daily and it's clear on my bids and invoices, they pay it which is beyond me, what a waste of tax payer money.

We are doing snow work for the city and I know it will be 60 to 90 days before I get the cheque, whatever interest will accrue and I can carry the receivable as I know I will get paid and our retained earnings is pretty high at the moment.
I don't have a credit union.

I know what Paypal is.

I am willing to try it out if it's worth it but i don't even think it's worth it at the moment that's what i'm debating
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-16-2010, 04:38 PM
picframer's Avatar
picframer picframer is offline
Andy
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,885
Rep Power: 10
picframer will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_time View Post
I don't have a credit union.

I know what Paypal is.

I am willing to try it out if it's worth it but i don't even think it's worth it at the moment that's what i'm debating
OK, Not sure what bank you deal with however, with Paypal your customer has to have a Paypal account also, that was my point, from what you said in the past most do not have internet so Paypal isn't going to work, i.e. you can take their credit card number and process a payment, both they and you have to have an account, I have this set up as mentioned but it's for the woodworking company I have as we ship world wide and I can accept any currency.

I use a company called UNPS to process my credit card payments in another business, they can help you out, I would give you my contact but she only looks after Atlantic Canada. Go to this page and give them a call and they will email a proposal after they ask you a few questions, I only accept Master Card and Visa, not American Express as the rate was too high.

http://www.unpsolutions.ca/english/aboutus.htm
__________________
Andy
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-16-2010, 05:10 PM
justin_time justin_time is offline
Justin
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: French River, ON, Canada
Age: 29
Posts: 1,801
Rep Power: 0
justin_time is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by picframer View Post
OK, Not sure what bank you deal with however, with Paypal your customer has to have a Paypal account also, that was my point, from what you said in the past most do not have internet so Paypal isn't going to work, i.e. you can take their credit card number and process a payment, both they and you have to have an account, I have this set up as mentioned but it's for the woodworking company I have as we ship world wide and I can accept any currency.

I use a company called UNPS to process my credit card payments in another business, they can help you out, I would give you my contact but she only looks after Atlantic Canada. Go to this page and give them a call and they will email a proposal after they ask you a few questions, I only accept Master Card and Visa, not American Express as the rate was too high.

http://www.unpsolutions.ca/english/aboutus.htm
I do have a business PayPal account for my business.

I know some don't have internet, that's why I'm trying to accept payments through phone, e-mail or fax.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-16-2010, 05:32 PM
picframer's Avatar
picframer picframer is offline
Andy
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,885
Rep Power: 10
picframer will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin_time View Post
I do have a business PayPal account for my business.

I know some don't have internet, that's why I'm trying to accept payments through phone, e-mail or fax.
Then UNPS can help you as that is who we use for the woodworking business and at craft shows we just call the credit card number in, get an authorization number and the money is in my account within 48 hours tops. Their rates and service is excellent and trust me I check everything out, they are very good.
__________________
Andy
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-16-2010, 05:49 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 37,246
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
No we are set up at the bank my company deals with, the guys all have cell on them with a toll free IVR on speed dial, the call the IVR and basically 60 seconds or so later they are finished and on to the next job then I will compare a report the next day and compare the receipts to payments
What is that? IVR?
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-16-2010, 05:58 PM
picframer's Avatar
picframer picframer is offline
Andy
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,885
Rep Power: 10
picframer will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
What is that? IVR?
Interactive Voice Response) An automated telephone information system that speaks to the caller with a combination of fixed voice menus and data extracted from databases in real time. The caller responds by pressing digits on the telephone or speaking words or short phrases. Applications include bank-by-phone, flight-scheduling information and automated order entry and tracking.
__________________
Andy
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Business Tax Receipt vs. License? ba143 General Business Discussions 11 07-26-2008 09:42 AM
Customized postcards? Steve Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review! 0 10-26-2007 05:51 PM
Marketing with customized newsletters Steve Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review! 2 01-23-2007 07:42 AM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
I'm Back With The Best...
aduttonater
02-21-2015 12:41 AM
Today 11:59 AM
by jrs.landscaping
61 2,623
Get Help
JohnMartin
Today 04:14 AM
Today 11:31 AM
by brian'slawncare
1 48
Correct me if I'm wrong...
SGL1
Yesterday 02:41 PM
Today 09:20 AM
by SGL1
5 86
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
01-11-2015 10:41 AM
Yesterday 09:46 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
61 5,362
Lawn Care Service in...
Friscobob
04-24-2015 03:33 PM
Yesterday 06:37 PM
by Friscobob
3 138
Buying contracts /...
greenscaper123
Yesterday 04:46 PM
Yesterday 04:46 PM
by greenscaper123
0 47
what's the big deal...
Tony317
04-25-2015 02:19 PM
Yesterday 12:08 PM
by SGL1
2 105
New company in Michigan
SEM
04-24-2015 09:27 PM
Yesterday 05:18 AM
by Sprinkler Buddy
3 106
Total yard rehab
SGL1
04-23-2015 03:59 PM
04-25-2015 08:25 PM
by SGL1
7 201
mowing pic
joshlawncare
04-25-2015 12:34 PM
04-25-2015 08:09 PM
by avetslawncare
1 92
Big (to me) mulch job
tl757
04-23-2015 05:32 PM
04-25-2015 08:01 PM
by avetslawncare
7 212
Newb Question - Multiple...
DependiLawn
04-24-2015 11:36 PM
04-24-2015 11:36 PM
by DependiLawn
0 79
maintandlawndispatch...
SGL1
04-21-2015 03:31 PM
04-24-2015 04:42 PM
by Steve
9 246
Thoughts on Undocumented...
element009
09-25-2011 11:08 AM
04-23-2015 09:32 PM
by Chilehead
56 15,540
Hello Everyone
DesignsByBnC
04-22-2015 04:07 PM
04-23-2015 02:19 PM
by DesignsByBnC
2 127
The upcoming rainy...
5StarLawnscaping
04-21-2015 01:22 PM
04-23-2015 12:54 PM
by Steve
7 226
color fliers?
holymoly
04-18-2015 02:32 PM
04-23-2015 12:50 PM
by Steve
12 393
WARNING! Especially to...
SC93
04-19-2015 12:05 PM
04-22-2015 01:39 PM
by Steve
14 456
Could be great news for...
SC93
04-14-2015 11:06 PM
04-22-2015 01:28 PM
by Steve
15 530
quick pic
joshlawncare
04-14-2015 07:49 PM
04-21-2015 05:01 PM
by joshlawncare
4 365
Got Inspected today
swstout
08-09-2010 10:31 PM
04-21-2015 03:53 PM
by SGL1
10 4,024
Smoked my first belt!
SGL1
04-20-2015 08:46 PM
04-21-2015 03:28 PM
by SGL1
4 194
Pictures of commercial...
avetslawncare
04-01-2015 09:47 PM
04-21-2015 12:47 PM
by Steve
25 1,042
lawn care business...
holymoly
04-18-2015 02:56 PM
04-21-2015 06:18 AM
by holymoly
3 285
landscape insurance
clarkslawn
03-30-2015 10:14 PM
04-20-2015 10:02 PM
by SGL1
4 505
Poll & Discussion...
CHEESE2009
09-16-2011 06:16 PM
04-20-2015 08:20 PM
by avetslawncare
27 5,700
weed
avetslawncare
04-16-2015 07:56 PM
04-20-2015 01:08 PM
by Steve
4 289
Aerating / Dethaching...
Hard-Body lawn & garden
04-12-2015 07:53 PM
04-19-2015 08:49 PM
by Chilehead
17 627
Start LIKING FACEBOOK...
rlclawncare123
02-26-2015 12:06 AM
04-19-2015 09:21 AM
by KJ90
8 1,045
bidding a cemetery....
NPM_LLC
03-28-2015 10:56 AM
04-19-2015 05:26 AM
by RSE
22 1,062
Hustler Raptor
SGL1
04-13-2015 09:27 PM
04-18-2015 07:53 AM
by SGL1
15 545
is craiglist good to...
JBENI
04-16-2015 11:11 AM
04-17-2015 10:25 PM
by Wolf4dk
11 458
Am I missing something...
googus
04-11-2015 06:33 PM
04-17-2015 08:01 PM
by avetslawncare
10 570
Hello
sonny54
04-16-2015 09:49 PM
04-17-2015 03:10 PM
by Steve
1 224
Unreal
Chilehead
04-09-2015 09:12 PM
04-17-2015 08:27 AM
by Chilehead
11 607
starting a lawn care...
JBENI
04-14-2015 09:03 AM
04-17-2015 08:03 AM
by JBENI
14 592
Finally got a warehouse
avetslawncare
03-12-2015 07:52 PM
04-16-2015 07:52 PM
by avetslawncare
23 1,406
New 14 x 7 Enclosed...
whitepropertydetail
04-15-2015 06:46 PM
04-16-2015 03:40 PM
by Steve
1 286
older used dump trucks
SECTLANDSCAPING
09-22-2011 12:33 AM
04-16-2015 12:41 PM
by biglee
21 8,083
Tax Poll
Steve
04-15-2015 02:13 PM
04-15-2015 02:13 PM
by Steve
0 261
lawn care by Aj
aj10261984
04-14-2015 06:50 PM
04-15-2015 01:43 PM
by Steve
2 305
Contact last years...
googus
01-28-2015 08:13 AM
04-15-2015 12:54 PM
by SC93
7 1,305
trying to sign up for...
JBENI
04-14-2015 10:20 AM
04-14-2015 12:11 PM
by Steve
1 878
Charging customers for...
Hard-Body lawn & garden
04-14-2015 07:34 AM
04-14-2015 10:35 AM
by Steve
1 343
New member
Jdlandscaping,LLC
04-11-2015 03:24 PM
04-14-2015 05:45 AM
by Jdlandscaping,LLC
2 366
hello
oasis_greenscapes
04-01-2015 06:18 PM
04-13-2015 12:03 PM
by Steve
8 606
New Member
Greenturion
04-11-2015 02:00 PM
04-13-2015 11:59 AM
by Steve
1 323
Client with...
OldSalt
04-07-2015 09:47 PM
04-13-2015 11:57 AM
by Steve
8 554
Getting rid of "mulched...
Mr. Mow
04-12-2015 04:21 PM
04-13-2015 11:26 AM
by biglee
3 366
String trim BEFORE mow...
Mr. Mow
04-12-2015 08:13 AM
04-13-2015 11:11 AM
by biglee
7 476
» Popular Tags
apartment complex apartment lawn care estimate applying bark blowout bob villa collections commercial contract help curb appeal services demonstration door hangers edging employee problems estimate facebook flyers google grass growing a lawn care business hardscapes hills hiring how to hydraulic jobs landscape landscape services landscaping training lawn aeration lawn care lawn care busines plan lawn care business seo lawn care business website lawn care business website seo lawn care website managing a lawn care business marketing more customers business mr dave new mower ordinance past due patio install per hour charge profit on employee push versus ride running a business scag v-ride scripts search engine optimization sell the vision seo shreaded small engine repair snow plowing sq ft starting a lawn care business sulky toro tractor auger trailer mate pro trimmer rack truck new used landscape web design website won't return wood wright stander rh www.greenturion.co.za
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 PM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 PM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy