Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Property Management Forums > Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs.

Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs. Questions on your truck, trailer, commercial lawn mowers, lawn mower, mower parts, lawn tractors, engines, edgers, trimmers, pole saws, aerators, hydro seeders, snow plows, chain saws, stump grinders??

Equipment list for next year


Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs.

Questions on your truck, trailer, commercial lawn mowers, lawn mower, mower parts, lawn tractors, engines, edgers, trimmers, pole saws, aerators, hydro seeders, snow plows, chain saws, stump grinders??
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 11-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 37,811
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default Equipment list for next year

Whats on your equipment wish list for next year and how is it going to help you grow?
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 11-27-2009, 07:59 PM
swstout's Avatar
swstout swstout is offline
Steve
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canastota, NY
Age: 66
Posts: 1,082
Rep Power: 9
swstout is on a distinguished road
Default Next year

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Whats on your equipment wish list for next year and how is it going to help you grow?
Mowing is only about 5-10% of my busieness and with everyone with a mower and a pick-up doing it the profit margin is minimal. I have 3 riders and 2 walk behinds. I'll be keeping one rider and one walk behaid and taking the deck off the smaller of the riders and usintg it for OTJ transport.

I admire Andy and his marketing so I plan on getting the John Deere X749 for it's versitility and add ons (over 40). It's expensive but I think it will be worth it. I have already started marketing for next year for a broader range of services and not even mentioning mowing. The interist I am generating indicates I can pay for it in half a season.
I plan on getting more equipment for the liquyid lawn care products and services and will need more storage.

As far as mowing goes, I have found a retired veteren who wants to do just mowing. I'll promote him, and he will promote me for soil treatment and amenities, stump removal, tilling, lot levelingm etc.

I feel the economy here at least will improve next year. Two manufacturing concerns are building facilities in the imediate area and will be offering 700-800 jobs next spring. These I feel will crate external jobs to further help the local economy.

Steve
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-27-2009, 08:46 PM
justin_time justin_time is offline
Justin
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: French River, ON, Canada
Age: 30
Posts: 1,801
Rep Power: 0
justin_time is on a distinguished road
Default

DR leaf vac
Plow truck

Basically explains it, I will be able to go full time all year long
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 37,811
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Mowing is only about 5-10% of my busieness and with everyone with a mower and a pick-up doing it the profit margin is minimal.
I guess the focus will be on organic fertilizer applications?
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-28-2009, 03:16 PM
swstout's Avatar
swstout swstout is offline
Steve
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canastota, NY
Age: 66
Posts: 1,082
Rep Power: 9
swstout is on a distinguished road
Default Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I guess the focus will be on organic fertilizer applications?
Plus:
Organic fertilizer
Bio Activated Dethatching
Soil Bio life enhancement
Bio Activated Aeration
Top Dressing
Humus Building
Tilling
Lawn leveling
Trunk Removal
Mulching
Pressure Spraying
pH Adjustment (Liquid)
Others to be investigated

Using liquid lawn care products the various solutions can be mixed together and applied simultaneously cutting overall costs to the homeowner or commercial entity

Steve
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-29-2009, 04:35 AM
picframer's Avatar
picframer picframer is offline
Andy
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,885
Rep Power: 11
picframer will become famous soon enough
Default

A few things, a 3 pt hitch 60 gallon boom sprayer driven by the PTO. this will allow the guys to get into tight spots rather than using back packs, either a 250 or 350 diesel truck, 35D excavator and trailer, this will allow us to do septic fields and one more tractor with a loader that will work with the 35D excavator, probably another 2520 as I love this series and that's it hopefully for two years.
__________________
Andy
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-29-2009, 04:48 AM
picframer's Avatar
picframer picframer is offline
Andy
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,885
Rep Power: 11
picframer will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I guess the focus will be on organic fertilizer applications?
The X749 Steve is looking at is four wheel drive, all wheel steer and I can tell you it will will climb mountains and the stability on grades is like I have never seen. In short it blows our ZTR away which is the Deere 997, their biggest.

The big advantage is it's PTO and Three pt hitch, it can run a 48" tiller and the results are stunning, I can do a 1/2 acre yard in under an hour and get paid $250.00, a 4" landscape rake for spreading turf dressing and a hose of other items, a box blade to level driveways and spread new products, it will even run a wood chipper. As Steve noted there is a massive list of attachments and it sips fuel, we can run our full speed for two days on a tank, holds around 25 Liters, 6 gallons. I have even attached the generalor which is run off the PTO and rented it out to clients or jobsites where the client can't get power into. You can mount a snow blower on the back and plow on the front, put a heated cab on and go to it, air conditioning is also an option.

If you buy one Steve, make sure they throw in the comfort ride seat, it's like riding on air no matter how rough the terrain is, OMG I have never had such a nice ride.

You can attach a boom sprayer to the three point hitch so you can not only cover ground fast, you can get into tight spots, it will elinimate 90 percent of our back pack spraying and cut time but 70%, thus profit and the number of jobs we can do will increase.

You can put a small loader on it to move top soil and any other product, it's an amazing tractor and Deere has a smoking deal, first year no payments or zero percent financing, I opted for the one year no payments with the option to pay down, I put all profit it makes towards the debt, it's almost paid for and I only bought it I think two months ago.
__________________
Andy
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-29-2009, 06:12 AM
swstout's Avatar
swstout swstout is offline
Steve
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canastota, NY
Age: 66
Posts: 1,082
Rep Power: 9
swstout is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by picframer;
The big advantage is it's PTO and Three pt hitch, it can run a 48" tiller and the results are stunning, I can do a 1/2 acre yard in under an hour and get paid $250.00, a 4" landscape rake for spreading turf dressing and a hose of other items, a box blade to level driveways and spread new products, it will even run a wood chipper. As Steve noted there is a massive list of attachments and it sips fuel, we can run our full speed for two days on a tank, holds around 25 Liters, 6 gallons. I have even attached the generalor which is run off the PTO and rented it out to clients or jobsites where the client can't get power into. You can mount a snow blower on the back and plow on the front, put a heated cab on and go to it, air conditioning is also an option.

If you buy one Steve, make sure they throw in the comfort ride seat, it's like riding on air no matter how rough the terrain is, OMG I have never had such a nice ride.

You can attach a boom sprayer to the three point hitch so you can not only cover ground fast, you can get into tight spots, it will elinimate 90 percent of our back pack spraying and cut time but 70%, thus profit and the number of jobs we can do will increase.

You can put a small loader on it to move top soil and any other product, it's an amazing tractor and Deere has a smoking deal, first year no payments or zero percent financing, I opted for the one year no payments with the option to pay down, I put all profit it makes towards the debt, it's almost paid for and I only bought it I think two months ago.
I checked it out after Andy showcased it. I must admit, I was floored by the price! $13,000.00 just for the tractor. But, after reading more about it (I went back to the sight many, many times) and talking to the dealer (who doesn't stock it - Small town), I started putting out feelers for potential jobs for next year. I was amazed by the iterest.

The going rate for Tilling a 10k lot here is $275.00. Andy gets $250.00 for a half acre (22k). Another big interest was stump grinding. Big interest in lot leveling also.

I'm looking to expand the services I offer and this seems to be the most versital machine out there. Gasoline is cheaper here but I can live with that.

New construction here is requiring above ground septic systems. For the time being, I think I will steer clear.

Steve
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-29-2009, 06:21 AM
picframer's Avatar
picframer picframer is offline
Andy
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,885
Rep Power: 11
picframer will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swstout View Post
I checked it out after Andy showcased it. I must admit, I was floored by the price! $13,000.00 just for the tractor. But, after reading more about it (I went back to the sight many, many times) and talking to the dealer (who doesn't stock it - Small town), I started putting out feelers for potential jobs for next year. I was amazed by the iterest.

The going rate for Tilling a 10k lot here is $275.00. Andy gets $250.00 for a half acre (22k). Another big interest was stump grinding. Big interest in lot leveling also.

I'm looking to expand the services I offer and this seems to be the most versital machine out there. Gasoline is cheaper here but I can live with that.

New construction here is requiring above ground septic systems. For the time being, I think I will steer clear.

Steve
Diesel is more that gas there? Here its about 60 cents a gallon cheaper and you will burn far less, I forgot stump grinding, it plays with that and yes it is a big business here also, I am going back to school in January to get certified for septic systems, it's a license to print money every contractor tells me but requires a big investment in equipment and I am told the fail rate of the course is almost 50%, I will pass it I am confident.
__________________
Andy
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-29-2009, 10:38 AM
turfmaster's Avatar
turfmaster turfmaster is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 366
Rep Power: 7
turfmaster is on a distinguished road
Default New trailer and atv for fertilization

I will be purchasing a 7 x 16 enclosed v-nose trailer for sure as we are adding another crew.
I would also like to purchase a atv that I can rig up with a sprayer and broadcaster for my fertilization accounts. Seems to be faster than what I use now : A John Deere tractor with a pull behind sprayer.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spring Equipment Check-Up Guide For Outdoor Power Equipment from Gold Eagle Co. Gold Eagle Co. Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs. 1 03-17-2009 08:01 PM
I am putting this on my wish list :) Steve General Talk 1 11-27-2008 06:53 PM
Print equipment list for loan JMM0254 Gopher Software Support Archived Question & Answers - Read Only 0 08-25-2007 01:15 PM
Route List gene gls Gopher Software Support Archived Question & Answers - Read Only 6 04-08-2006 03:48 PM
customer list larrystropicals Gopher Software Support Archived Question & Answers - Read Only 3 12-29-2004 08:57 AM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Help Spread the word...
Sprinkler Buddy
12-02-2015 08:41 AM
Today 07:23 AM
by Sprinkler Buddy
15 1,211
Finding open bids?!?
C&DPropertyManagement
02-07-2016 01:48 AM
Today 03:43 AM
by C&DPropertyManagement
2 67
Best two stroke oil
Greg_TopYardServices
Yesterday 07:53 PM
Today 01:16 AM
by Steve
2 31
back surgery
Bradcook21
01-28-2016 08:51 PM
Today 01:06 AM
by Steve
13 312
hello all
romanlandscape
01-29-2016 03:46 PM
02-07-2016 10:20 AM
by Bradcook21
6 195
Lawn Care Book Ranked #1
Steve
02-06-2016 12:36 AM
02-06-2016 12:36 AM
by Steve
0 78
Hi
Sellers Lawn Care
02-02-2016 01:48 PM
02-05-2016 08:03 AM
by Sellers Lawn Care
4 148
Collecting payments from...
Niagara Mowing
02-03-2016 05:21 PM
02-05-2016 08:00 AM
by Niagara Mowing
7 200
SMS assist? The good,...
jcurr33
01-27-2016 10:24 PM
02-04-2016 11:53 PM
by Steve
5 220
I need some help...
Anise
02-04-2016 01:39 PM
02-04-2016 11:51 PM
by Steve
3 111
Customers dodging the...
Rocky
11-06-2015 06:22 AM
02-04-2016 03:41 AM
by C&DPropertyManagement
7 1,474
Offering a "Trial"...
wybut076
02-01-2016 06:27 PM
02-03-2016 08:26 PM
by Just for Cuts
7 238
Iowa Caucus Predictions?
Steve
02-01-2016 06:31 PM
02-03-2016 12:40 AM
by Steve
1 95
Laying White River Rock
DiamondLawnCare
02-01-2016 08:27 PM
02-03-2016 12:17 AM
by Steve
1 117
Networking for a...
jcurr33
01-30-2016 09:26 PM
02-01-2016 06:27 PM
by Steve
4 183
Customer giving a 1099?
apmAkron
01-27-2016 07:22 PM
01-31-2016 08:55 PM
by Chilehead
6 249
happy to be here
redrobin
01-29-2016 10:45 AM
01-31-2016 08:44 PM
by Steve
1 130
Thought's on an "E-Z...
jcurr33
01-27-2016 10:48 PM
01-31-2016 08:38 PM
by Steve
4 214
Changes
Knaubone
01-30-2016 10:56 PM
01-31-2016 08:31 PM
by Steve
1 115
Thoughts on this Exmark...
googus
01-28-2016 04:24 PM
01-28-2016 08:09 PM
by Chilehead
1 141
1st year in
jcurr33
10-18-2015 05:07 PM
01-28-2016 07:49 PM
by Chilehead
6 4,134
Need opinion on zero...
Mr. Mow
01-24-2016 05:42 PM
01-28-2016 07:41 PM
by Chilehead
10 352
Opinion on liquid vs...
Bradcook21
01-25-2016 02:03 PM
01-28-2016 07:38 PM
by Chilehead
9 303
Finding property size
Gageslawncare
01-25-2016 11:08 AM
01-28-2016 12:05 PM
by Gageslawncare
10 307
Tiger TG 2661 Commercial...
lawnman1959
01-25-2016 08:12 PM
01-27-2016 07:57 PM
by Just for Cuts
5 237
Spouse as a dependent?
Steve
01-26-2016 01:51 AM
01-27-2016 10:44 AM
by Chilehead
3 198
Hello All
C&DPropertyManagement
01-23-2016 12:21 PM
01-26-2016 01:24 AM
by Steve
1 174
Credit Cards - What's in...
Shark1611
06-16-2015 04:04 PM
01-23-2016 03:43 PM
by C&DPropertyManagement
17 7,675
Start My Own Business?
mowandblow1980
01-12-2016 08:43 PM
01-19-2016 07:00 PM
by Steve
12 626
State of the nation 2016.
Steve
01-12-2016 12:05 AM
01-19-2016 06:57 PM
by Steve
6 374
little help? first big...
Brian3137
12-31-2015 12:39 PM
01-19-2016 06:54 PM
by Steve
23 1,076
Hi everybody...
Greg_TopYardServices
01-14-2016 08:10 AM
01-19-2016 02:47 PM
by SC93
12 449
What's your next...
Steve
05-15-2015 12:54 PM
01-17-2016 08:48 PM
by Homeland unlimited
25 7,916
Plow controller problems
scaypa
01-12-2016 05:49 PM
01-16-2016 10:46 AM
by scaypa
4 290
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 12:18 PM
01-15-2016 07:23 PM
by tannerduncan
1,244 428,065
Pricing issue
Mr. Mow
07-07-2015 07:15 AM
01-15-2016 11:20 AM
by djlandscaping06
23 5,406
New College Course
Dr. D
01-14-2016 01:45 PM
01-14-2016 05:35 PM
by Steve
1 209
Yelp
Shark1611
01-13-2016 10:00 AM
01-14-2016 05:32 PM
by Steve
4 266
New to the forum from...
Doug Green
01-12-2016 12:23 PM
01-14-2016 08:34 AM
by Doug Green
2 240
Facebook advertising
Just for Cuts
12-13-2015 08:49 AM
01-13-2016 10:20 PM
by Just for Cuts
12 923
Choosing local business
Doug Green
01-12-2016 12:29 PM
01-13-2016 06:12 PM
by Steve
2 407
4 Seasons Landscaping LLC
Doug Green
01-12-2016 12:56 PM
01-12-2016 12:59 PM
by Doug Green
1 264
2016 business goals
OxfordOS
01-09-2016 04:19 PM
01-12-2016 08:36 AM
by mowandblow1980
15 565
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy