Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Property Management Forums > Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job

Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job
If you need help coming up with a bid for a lawn care, landscaping, tree cutting or irrigation job, post the specifics here and pictures of the job site. If you are looking to learn about bidding, review the jobs posted here.

Nice quote to do


Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job

If you need help coming up with a bid for a lawn care, landscaping, tree cutting or irrigation job, post the specifics here and pictures of the job site. If you are looking to learn about bidding, review the jobs posted here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #11  
Old 04-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Fisher Fisher is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: White Bluff, TN
Posts: 156
Rep Power: 6
Fisher is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzgardening View Post
Hi i think you miss understood me my suggestion was to charge $1500 for the front which seems really cheap and to charge an additional $1500 for the backyard or give them a $500 discount if they are your old costumers or depending on the junk.

But if you feel comfortable with what you charge i encourage you do it as fast as possible so you can come out making money.

Good luck man P.S. do you give them written estimates?
I agree at $1500 I would feel as if I was doing the work to get two guys payroll for those 2-3 days and hope I didn't end up losing money in the end even if I finished in two days.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #12  
Old 04-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 38,009
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
I bid 1700-1900.. I told the customer I will go by the hr + materials and disposal. My personal bid is 1500. But just in case I gave her a higher quote. They hired me. I hope I do ok.
Keep us posted on how this job goes and how long it ultimately takes. It will be interesting to hear your review of the bid after you complete the job to hear if you would do anything differently next time.

Also, consider taking some before and after pictures.
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-20-2011, 10:06 PM
AG Lawn Cutting AG Lawn Cutting is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 6
AG Lawn Cutting is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Keep us posted on how this job goes and how long it ultimately takes. It will be interesting to hear your review of the bid after you complete the job to hear if you would do anything differently next time.

Also, consider taking some before and after pictures.
All right I finished the job. Luckily I charged for disposal separately.

This is what I ended up charging:

$3000.00 Disposal and taxes included.

It really took me about 4 days.

I guess I was bidding too low when I imagined It would cost $1500.

Thanks guys you really helped quite a bid.

Now a have a new quote I need to do for the same person at another location.

May be you guys can give me some more suggestions:

Front:

Edge all beds, clean up flower beds, top up with mulch.


Side of the house at the front: About 300 sq ft.

Remove all the soil/dirt. Clean up our side of it. Put down cover
prior to putting down screening. PLEASE NOTE: NEIGHBOR WILL PROVIDE THE SCREENING AND THEREFORE YOU DON'T NEED TO BUY IT FOR THIS AREA.

Back Garden:

Clean up any rubbish/leaves etc from the side of the house where the
gate entry to the garden is

Garden:

Clean up all the leaves and flower beds. Install the large patio stones where the tree was cut (we have the stones). Pick up our tree and plant it in the other area in the garden where a tree had been cut down last year. Put all the mulch on the beds and may need topping up with black mulch. Clean up the pebbles and river rock and add more of each so that it is built up and looks fresh and clean.

Add fertilizer to all the trees/bedding plants (we have purchased the fertilizer)


Remove all the rubbish on the side of the deck by the pond, and clean up. PERHAPS SOME OF THE MULCH CAN BE PUT DOWN HERE SO THAT IT IS NOT MUDDY WHEN YOU GO TO THAT AREA OF THE BACK. RIGHT NOW JUST USED FOR STORAGE OF POTS.


How long do you guys think this would take for two or three guys?

How would you bid on this?

Any suggestions would really help.

Thanks

Andrew
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-21-2011, 10:34 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 38,009
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Edge all beds, clean up flower beds, top up with mulch.
Let's break some of this down.

How many linear ft of edging?

What shape are the beds in? How long are you thinking it is will take to clean them?

How much mulch are you gonna need to add?
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-22-2011, 10:38 AM
cruzgardening cruzgardening is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 277
Rep Power: 6
cruzgardening is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG Lawn Cutting View Post
All right I finished the job. Luckily I charged for disposal separately.

This is what I ended up charging:

$3000.00 Disposal and taxes included.

It really took me about 4 days.

I guess I was bidding too low when I imagined It would cost $1500.

Thanks guys you really helped quite a bid.

Now a have a new quote I need to do for the same person at another location.

May be you guys can give me some more suggestions:

Front:

Edge all beds, clean up flower beds, top up with mulch.


Side of the house at the front: About 300 sq ft.

Remove all the soil/dirt. Clean up our side of it. Put down cover
prior to putting down screening. PLEASE NOTE: NEIGHBOR WILL PROVIDE THE SCREENING AND THEREFORE YOU DON'T NEED TO BUY IT FOR THIS AREA.

Back Garden:

Clean up any rubbish/leaves etc from the side of the house where the
gate entry to the garden is

Garden:

Clean up all the leaves and flower beds. Install the large patio stones where the tree was cut (we have the stones). Pick up our tree and plant it in the other area in the garden where a tree had been cut down last year. Put all the mulch on the beds and may need topping up with black mulch. Clean up the pebbles and river rock and add more of each so that it is built up and looks fresh and clean.

Add fertilizer to all the trees/bedding plants (we have purchased the fertilizer)


Remove all the rubbish on the side of the deck by the pond, and clean up. PERHAPS SOME OF THE MULCH CAN BE PUT DOWN HERE SO THAT IT IS NOT MUDDY WHEN YOU GO TO THAT AREA OF THE BACK. RIGHT NOW JUST USED FOR STORAGE OF POTS.


How long do you guys think this would take for two or three guys?

How would you bid on this?

Any suggestions would really help.

Thanks

Andrew
im more of a visual person take some pics post them i can help u better like that!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hi, I am your air filter. Please be nice to me. SuperiorPower Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs. 10 02-09-2015 08:40 PM
Nice we're having weather! swstout General Talk 1 06-15-2010 11:18 AM
Nice Videos lol CHEESE2009 General Talk 6 02-23-2010 09:02 AM
very nice forum candoman Introduce Yourself 3 01-31-2010 09:58 PM
Nice RV Steve Show Off - Picture Post - Photo Gallery 2 07-28-2007 05:59 AM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Hi from Long Island NY
Lori22
07-18-2016 02:01 PM
Yesterday 11:22 PM
by Chilehead
11 228
Hi everyone!
greenwavemedia
07-25-2016 03:22 PM
Yesterday 11:21 AM
by Lawnline
2 43
Hi! I'm Tony from Tampa
Lawnline
07-12-2016 06:47 PM
Yesterday 11:12 AM
by Lawnline
6 647
Needing a website built
burtle
06-17-2015 09:02 AM
Yesterday 10:30 AM
by Lawnline
16 18,482
Z246 Deck change question
JohnsLawnCare
07-25-2016 01:47 PM
07-25-2016 06:38 PM
by Steve
1 37
DIY Sprayer
acrajchel
07-25-2016 09:13 AM
07-25-2016 06:36 PM
by Steve
1 38
Hello Everyone
JohnsLawnCare
06-22-2016 11:14 AM
07-25-2016 06:20 PM
by Steve
15 563
How much to charge for...
jymie
03-31-2013 05:59 PM
07-25-2016 06:18 PM
by Steve
23 5,967
New Site Hows it look
Infinitelawn
03-16-2015 10:32 AM
07-25-2016 03:06 PM
by greenwavemedia
5 10,499
Looking for new host
Just for Cuts
11-26-2015 06:58 AM
07-25-2016 02:49 PM
by greenwavemedia
9 1,480
New Business Owner
danesdanglas87
07-20-2016 12:31 PM
07-21-2016 05:04 PM
by Steve
2 111
Question about...
Bradcook21
07-18-2016 05:22 PM
07-19-2016 04:38 PM
by Steve
2 135
Hello from Watertown New...
lawnmanrick81
07-19-2016 03:57 PM
07-19-2016 04:11 PM
by Steve
1 78
Gutter Cleaning Tool
DanielThomas
07-18-2016 08:23 AM
07-18-2016 04:36 PM
by Steve
1 108
Starting on a lawn care...
Coco3465
07-16-2016 11:26 AM
07-17-2016 09:20 AM
by Steve
1 134
Aspiring Company Owner
TJ136
07-12-2016 05:12 AM
07-15-2016 02:52 PM
by SC93
6 237
Hi Everyone
JavelinaLawn
07-10-2016 07:29 PM
07-13-2016 02:01 PM
by Chilehead
5 770
Review of our lawn care...
Lawnline
07-12-2016 06:40 PM
07-12-2016 06:40 PM
by Lawnline
0 406
Custom Canopies
JohnsLawnCare
07-12-2016 08:38 AM
07-12-2016 04:14 PM
by Steve
1 282
Spot checked by...
Just for Cuts
06-28-2016 02:34 PM
07-11-2016 03:53 PM
by Steve
4 297
John Deere JS40 issues
Mr. Mow
07-06-2016 01:28 PM
07-11-2016 03:52 PM
by Steve
3 226
Start My Own Business?
mowandblow1980
01-12-2016 07:43 PM
07-11-2016 11:18 AM
by DanielThomas
15 1,779
Rubber mulch...
avetslawncare
06-24-2015 09:28 PM
07-11-2016 09:11 AM
by Chilehead
9 3,312
Firefighter gone Lawn...
Firehouselawn@hotmail.com
03-10-2016 04:50 PM
07-07-2016 05:07 PM
by Steve
11 10,559
I need some business...
Firehouselawn@hotmail.com
07-06-2016 05:42 AM
07-07-2016 05:00 PM
by Steve
4 268
Business Overload
Chilehead
05-06-2016 09:27 PM
07-07-2016 04:53 PM
by Steve
24 1,279
Chemical Applications
acrajchel
06-24-2016 06:44 PM
07-05-2016 12:38 PM
by Chilehead
6 384
Is it too late?
Cpadgett
05-28-2016 09:10 AM
07-05-2016 11:54 AM
by Steve
14 886
3 Applications or 5...
stansg1fresh
02-18-2013 12:02 PM
07-04-2016 09:19 AM
by LawnPerfection
9 1,713
Best Push Mower You Have...
markty
05-14-2016 03:46 PM
07-02-2016 03:41 AM
by markty
27 1,951
Great Arborist Ladder
SGL1
06-04-2016 09:56 AM
06-28-2016 08:04 PM
by mowandblow1980
11 704
Newbie
Jhoell
06-25-2016 03:28 AM
06-28-2016 02:11 PM
by Chilehead
2 277
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 11:18 AM
06-28-2016 11:02 AM
by Brownieboy
1,253 440,381
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy