Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Property Management Forums > Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs.

Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs. Questions on your truck, trailer, commercial lawn mowers, lawn mower, mower parts, lawn tractors, engines, edgers, trimmers, pole saws, aerators, hydro seeders, snow plows, chain saws, stump grinders??

New Mower


Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs.

Questions on your truck, trailer, commercial lawn mowers, lawn mower, mower parts, lawn tractors, engines, edgers, trimmers, pole saws, aerators, hydro seeders, snow plows, chain saws, stump grinders??
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 02-13-2011, 07:40 PM
kevin_naecker kevin_naecker is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 24
Rep Power: 7
kevin_naecker is on a distinguished road
Default New Mower

Hey everyone. Has anyone bought any new equipment for the up coming season? I am looking at getting a new mower something around a 46" or 48". I have been interested in the standers but i do not know for sure i like the wright stander from just the show room. I would try them all out for a demo but there is still snow on the ground. I am running 2 36" walk behinds now and a 60" kubota zero turn. what do you all recomend and use?and has anyone owned or own a stander?
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 02-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 37,823
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
From past discussions on it, the wright stander seemed to be the favorite of that type of mower. Are you going to hold off purchase until you can demo it?
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-14-2011, 12:22 PM
kevin_naecker kevin_naecker is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 24
Rep Power: 7
kevin_naecker is on a distinguished road
Default

Unless the price cant be beat i will hold off until i can demo.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-17-2011, 12:08 AM
cuneio's lawn mowing cuneio's lawn mowing is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: sullivan mo
Age: 28
Posts: 9
Rep Power: 6
cuneio's lawn mowing is on a distinguished road
Cool new mower

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin_naecker View Post
Hey everyone. Has anyone bought any new equipment for the up coming season? I am looking at getting a new mower something around a 46" or 48". I have been interested in the standers but i do not know for sure i like the wright stander from just the show room. I would try them all out for a demo but there is still snow on the ground. I am running 2 36" walk behinds now and a 60" kubota zero turn. what do you all recomend and use?and has anyone owned or own a stander?
hey this is dean. i just recently bought a fairly new mower called a great dane surfer 52''. it is a stander. it is best mower i have ever had. the stand on mowers are a lot safer too. if your on a steep slope and starts to flip you just step off of it. plus when standing on a mower you can see whats in front of the mower before you hit an object, and you stay more alert standing up
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-17-2011, 12:56 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 37,823
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Have you found any downsides to that style mower?
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-17-2011, 04:57 PM
xpertlawnman xpertlawnman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 37
Rep Power: 6
xpertlawnman is on a distinguished road
Default

I have tested out and priced the Scag V Ride, Toro Grandstand, Wright Stander and Exmark Vantage. I was looking at a 36",but because of the smaller tires on the 36" and the weight I feel there could be rutting issues with that size. I think the 48" may not rut as much, since it has wider drive tires. From what I have seen they are all decent units. I believe the Wright is the most compact and handles hills pretty easily. The V Ride left a nice cut and was also well built. The Vantage and Grandstand are similar models, but the Vantage uses rods instead of cables, which is a plus. I thought these two standers had a more spacious platform to stand on which made it more comfortable. They also left a great looking cut. The V Ride has fleet pricing until the end of Feb., a 48" was quoted at $6600. The Exmark has fleet pricing until the end of May with a similar price tag.
I am looking to replace a WB, I am just not sure if a stander can go in all of the areas my WB can. Any productivity gained with the speed and agility of stander, could easily be offsetted by me having to break out a pushmower for hills and in wet conditions. I might hold off on a purchase until I can demo one for a day on some of my accounts.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-18-2011, 09:55 AM
cuneio's lawn mowing cuneio's lawn mowing is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: sullivan mo
Age: 28
Posts: 9
Rep Power: 6
cuneio's lawn mowing is on a distinguished road
Default new mower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Have you found any downsides to that style mower?
yes it bounces a little more than others but it is a fixed deck and you have to get floor jacks out and wrenches out to change the cuting hiegt
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-18-2011, 09:58 AM
cuneio's lawn mowing cuneio's lawn mowing is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: sullivan mo
Age: 28
Posts: 9
Rep Power: 6
cuneio's lawn mowing is on a distinguished road
Default new mower

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpertlawnman View Post
I have tested out and priced the Scag V Ride, Toro Grandstand, Wright Stander and Exmark Vantage. I was looking at a 36",but because of the smaller tires on the 36" and the weight I feel there could be rutting issues with that size. I think the 48" may not rut as much, since it has wider drive tires. From what I have seen they are all decent units. I believe the Wright is the most compact and handles hills pretty easily. The V Ride left a nice cut and was also well built. The Vantage and Grandstand are similar models, but the Vantage uses rods instead of cables, which is a plus. I thought these two standers had a more spacious platform to stand on which made it more comfortable. They also left a great looking cut. The V Ride has fleet pricing until the end of Feb., a 48" was quoted at $6600. The Exmark has fleet pricing until the end of May with a similar price tag.
I am looking to replace a WB, I am just not sure if a stander can go in all of the areas my WB can. Any productivity gained with the speed and agility of stander, could easily be offsetted by me having to break out a pushmower for hills and in wet conditions. I might hold off on a purchase until I can demo one for a day on some of my accounts.
i have yoused a toro grandstand with another lawn company and great mower i have mowed hills with it that i couldint ed walk on
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-18-2011, 10:50 AM
wandfsmall wandfsmall is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 925
Rep Power: 6
wandfsmall is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuneio's lawn mowing View Post
hey this is dean. i just recently bought a fairly new mower called a great dane surfer 52''. it is a stander. it is best mower i have ever had. the stand on mowers are a lot safer too. if your on a steep slope and starts to flip you just step off of it. plus when standing on a mower you can see whats in front of the mower before you hit an object, and you stay more alert standing up
That is not a bad mower, we could not seem to sell them in our area but I liked the Great Dane. By the way you will hear that they went out of business if you look for parts. Remember to look for a gravely dealer, I think they moved it to the gravely lineup.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ferris Mower Vs. Scag Mower briandel265 Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs. 19 02-22-2012 09:39 PM
Mower Tex0219 Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs. 2 05-29-2010 08:10 AM
Snapper NXT mower: The next generation of mower? SuperiorPower Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs. 0 11-22-2009 10:24 PM
new mower Ericsmulchingandyardwork Show Off - Picture Post - Photo Gallery 14 05-22-2008 10:17 PM
New mower realhuntin General Talk 0 12-12-2007 01:43 AM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Best two stroke oil
Greg_TopYardServices
02-08-2016 07:53 PM
Today 02:02 AM
by Steve
11 178
Most requested days for...
Just for Cuts
Yesterday 06:44 AM
Today 02:00 AM
by Steve
1 38
back surgery
Bradcook21
01-28-2016 08:51 PM
02-11-2016 02:04 PM
by Bradcook21
16 439
Help Spread the word...
Sprinkler Buddy
12-02-2015 08:41 AM
02-11-2016 08:19 AM
by Sprinkler Buddy
19 1,344
Howdy Yall !!!
B&C
02-10-2016 10:06 AM
02-11-2016 01:05 AM
by Steve
1 52
hello
2menandmowers
02-10-2016 07:32 AM
02-11-2016 12:53 AM
by Steve
1 52
Hello everyone!!!
1newkirk05
02-09-2016 03:16 PM
02-10-2016 04:05 PM
by jrs.landscaping
7 150
Tine Rake Detaching vs...
wigglesworth
02-09-2016 05:32 PM
02-09-2016 07:43 PM
by Steve
1 69
Finding open bids?!?
C&DPropertyManagement
02-07-2016 01:48 AM
02-09-2016 07:11 PM
by Steve
3 146
hello all
romanlandscape
01-29-2016 03:46 PM
02-07-2016 10:20 AM
by Bradcook21
6 249
Lawn Care Book Ranked #1
Steve
02-06-2016 12:36 AM
02-06-2016 12:36 AM
by Steve
0 124
Hi
Sellers Lawn Care
02-02-2016 01:48 PM
02-05-2016 08:03 AM
by Sellers Lawn Care
4 189
Collecting payments from...
Niagara Mowing
02-03-2016 05:21 PM
02-05-2016 08:00 AM
by Niagara Mowing
7 249
SMS assist? The good,...
jcurr33
01-27-2016 10:24 PM
02-04-2016 11:53 PM
by Steve
5 279
I need some help...
Anise
02-04-2016 01:39 PM
02-04-2016 11:51 PM
by Steve
3 155
Customers dodging the...
Rocky
11-06-2015 06:22 AM
02-04-2016 03:41 AM
by C&DPropertyManagement
7 1,537
Offering a "Trial"...
wybut076
02-01-2016 06:27 PM
02-03-2016 08:26 PM
by Just for Cuts
7 276
Iowa Caucus Predictions?
Steve
02-01-2016 06:31 PM
02-03-2016 12:40 AM
by Steve
1 131
Laying White River Rock
DiamondLawnCare
02-01-2016 08:27 PM
02-03-2016 12:17 AM
by Steve
1 150
Networking for a...
jcurr33
01-30-2016 09:26 PM
02-01-2016 06:27 PM
by Steve
4 224
Customer giving a 1099?
apmAkron
01-27-2016 07:22 PM
01-31-2016 08:55 PM
by Chilehead
6 286
happy to be here
redrobin
01-29-2016 10:45 AM
01-31-2016 08:44 PM
by Steve
1 165
Thought's on an "E-Z...
jcurr33
01-27-2016 10:48 PM
01-31-2016 08:38 PM
by Steve
4 258
Changes
Knaubone
01-30-2016 10:56 PM
01-31-2016 08:31 PM
by Steve
1 152
Thoughts on this Exmark...
googus
01-28-2016 04:24 PM
01-28-2016 08:09 PM
by Chilehead
1 175
1st year in
jcurr33
10-18-2015 05:07 PM
01-28-2016 07:49 PM
by Chilehead
6 4,170
Need opinion on zero...
Mr. Mow
01-24-2016 05:42 PM
01-28-2016 07:41 PM
by Chilehead
10 389
Opinion on liquid vs...
Bradcook21
01-25-2016 02:03 PM
01-28-2016 07:38 PM
by Chilehead
9 333
Finding property size
Gageslawncare
01-25-2016 11:08 AM
01-28-2016 12:05 PM
by Gageslawncare
10 345
Tiger TG 2661 Commercial...
lawnman1959
01-25-2016 08:12 PM
01-27-2016 07:57 PM
by Just for Cuts
5 272
Spouse as a dependent?
Steve
01-26-2016 01:51 AM
01-27-2016 10:44 AM
by Chilehead
3 225
Hello All
C&DPropertyManagement
01-23-2016 12:21 PM
01-26-2016 01:24 AM
by Steve
1 197
Credit Cards - What's in...
Shark1611
06-16-2015 04:04 PM
01-23-2016 03:43 PM
by C&DPropertyManagement
17 7,722
Start My Own Business?
mowandblow1980
01-12-2016 08:43 PM
01-19-2016 07:00 PM
by Steve
12 679
State of the nation 2016.
Steve
01-12-2016 12:05 AM
01-19-2016 06:57 PM
by Steve
6 411
little help? first big...
Brian3137
12-31-2015 12:39 PM
01-19-2016 06:54 PM
by Steve
23 1,132
Hi everybody...
Greg_TopYardServices
01-14-2016 08:10 AM
01-19-2016 02:47 PM
by SC93
12 484
What's your next...
Steve
05-15-2015 12:54 PM
01-17-2016 08:48 PM
by Homeland unlimited
25 7,962
Plow controller problems
scaypa
01-12-2016 05:49 PM
01-16-2016 10:46 AM
by scaypa
4 323
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 12:18 PM
01-15-2016 07:23 PM
by tannerduncan
1,244 428,275
Pricing issue
Mr. Mow
07-07-2015 07:15 AM
01-15-2016 11:20 AM
by djlandscaping06
23 5,462
New College Course
Dr. D
01-14-2016 01:45 PM
01-14-2016 05:35 PM
by Steve
1 234
Yelp
Shark1611
01-13-2016 10:00 AM
01-14-2016 05:32 PM
by Steve
4 290
New to the forum from...
Doug Green
01-12-2016 12:23 PM
01-14-2016 08:34 AM
by Doug Green
2 278
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy