Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Property Management Forums > General Talk

General Talk If it doesn't fit anywhere else, post it here.

to fertilize or not to fertilize


General Talk

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, post it here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 05-23-2010, 09:35 PM
pvplus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Question to fertilize or not to fertilize

i maintain a daycare here in georgia, the grass is really all weeds but there is some remnants of the zoysia sod.

I want to fertilize (using liquid fert for bacpac sprayer) but i have to cut every week.

Should i just apply fert after a cutting then?
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 05-23-2010, 10:03 PM
swstout's Avatar
swstout swstout is offline
Steve
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canastota, NY
Age: 66
Posts: 1,082
Rep Power: 8
swstout is on a distinguished road
Default Lawn Fert

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvplus View Post
i maintain a daycare here in georgia, the grass is really all weeds but there is some remnants of the zoysia sod.

I want to fertilize (using liquid fert for bacpac sprayer) but i have to cut every week.

Should i just apply fert after a cutting then?
Apply fertilizer after cutting. I would use a hose end sprayer. The back-pack sprayer will wear you out. The hose end sprayer gives you better coverage and is much faster.

Steve
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-23-2010, 10:08 PM
jklawncare's Avatar
jklawncare jklawncare is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 577
Rep Power: 6
jklawncare is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvplus View Post
what does the 2 or 1 represent in the formula and how are you getting the $ amountresult. and if you could help me out on the thread i put up in general talk...(to fertilize or not to fertilize)

if you don't mindmuch.
Hey how are you

The 2 and 1 are measurements of the time it takes to do the job

its based off of one hour so
say my rate per hour is 50$
the job takes 30 minutes
30 is 1/2 of 60
so..
60/2 is equal to 30
so if its half the time
its half the hourly rate
50/2 wich is 25

now

60/1 is equal to 60
so 1 represents one full hour
wich is equal to the whole 50$


I know im not much of a teacher and i appologize for this. But ill try explaining it as best as i can.

now if its supposed to take 2.5 hours your equation will be different

its just 2.5*50 wich is equal to 125

Basically to get the divisible numbers you divide the time into parts

to get 45 minutes you know that 45 minutes is 3/4 of one hour
there for one quarter is 15 minutes

so say a job takes one hour and 15 minutes

you take your hourly rate and multiply it by the time

50*1.25

its easier to explain in decimals and easier to do on calculators etc.

I really hope this helps..maybe someone else can help me out..i know what to do i just dont know how to put it in words i suppose...anyways..i sure hope this helps and thanks for pming me
__________________
Just Kut Lawn and Landscape
"Where Service is Always in Season"
Reach for the stars so if you fall you land on a cloud.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-23-2010, 10:10 PM
pvplus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default God blesses

thanks for the help my good sir.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-23-2010, 10:30 PM
pvplus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default thank you my good sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by swstout View Post
Apply fertilizer after cutting. I would use a hose end sprayer. The back-pack sprayer will wear you out. The hose end sprayer gives you better coverage and is much faster.

Steve
i really appreciate your information.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-23-2010, 10:32 PM
pvplus
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default teacher...moer like professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklawncare View Post
Hey how are you

The 2 and 1 are measurements of the time it takes to do the job

its based off of one hour so
say my rate per hour is 50$
the job takes 30 minutes
30 is 1/2 of 60
so..
60/2 is equal to 30
so if its half the time
its half the hourly rate
50/2 wich is 25

now

60/1 is equal to 60
so 1 represents one full hour
wich is equal to the whole 50$


I know im not much of a teacher and i appologize for this. But ill try explaining it as best as i can.

now if its supposed to take 2.5 hours your equation will be different

its just 2.5*50 wich is equal to 125

Basically to get the divisible numbers you divide the time into parts

to get 45 minutes you know that 45 minutes is 3/4 of one hour
there for one quarter is 15 minutes

so say a job takes one hour and 15 minutes

you take your hourly rate and multiply it by the time

50*1.25

its easier to explain in decimals and easier to do on calculators etc.

I really hope this helps..maybe someone else can help me out..i know what to do i just dont know how to put it in words i suppose...anyways..i sure hope this helps and thanks for pming me


taught me well pat urself
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-23-2010, 10:49 PM
jklawncare's Avatar
jklawncare jklawncare is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 577
Rep Power: 6
jklawncare is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvplus View Post
taught me well pat urself
glad i could help
__________________
Just Kut Lawn and Landscape
"Where Service is Always in Season"
Reach for the stars so if you fall you land on a cloud.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
fertilization

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
do you fertilize Rexdale Grass General Talk 5 03-30-2010 11:28 PM
How to fertilize? Dzielak51 Online Lawn Care Estimator - Help me bid this job 7 02-21-2008 09:17 AM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
I came across this on a...
rootytalbot
Yesterday 11:04 AM
Today 03:34 PM
by jrs.landscaping
5 108
recycler toro 22"
rvezakis
Today 12:10 PM
Today 12:10 PM
by rvezakis
0 27
Help bidding a hedge...
hopolb33
Yesterday 06:09 PM
Today 11:08 AM
by Steve
1 64
Big mowing job
Bradcook21
07-30-2015 03:57 PM
Today 11:06 AM
by Steve
7 172
scag SWZT review!
mattthelawnguy
07-23-2015 02:28 PM
08-01-2015 11:27 AM
by mattthelawnguy
10 423
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 11:18 AM
07-31-2015 12:29 PM
by Steve
1,227 401,643
Hello Everybody
budspop
07-30-2015 11:42 AM
07-31-2015 12:28 PM
by Steve
1 74
Should I buy this Exmark...
googus
07-03-2015 09:22 AM
07-31-2015 11:34 AM
by googus
9 613
Hello!
brandycarlton
07-29-2015 12:31 PM
07-29-2015 03:54 PM
by Steve
1 147
Assessing the Market
NJDB60
07-27-2015 03:25 PM
07-28-2015 09:24 PM
by Steve
2 264
Whats wrong with this...
GreenWorx
07-28-2015 07:56 PM
07-28-2015 09:09 PM
by Steve
2 244
Funny craigslist post
GreenWorx
07-28-2015 07:17 PM
07-28-2015 09:02 PM
by Steve
2 262
Watch out for this -...
rootytalbot
07-22-2015 02:13 PM
07-28-2015 09:00 PM
by Steve
7 415
NewVenture
NJDB60
07-27-2015 03:38 PM
07-28-2015 08:58 PM
by Steve
1 236
Pricing issue
Mr. Mow
07-07-2015 06:15 AM
07-27-2015 06:40 PM
by GreenWorx
17 812
how to make customers...
Bradcook21
05-27-2015 05:04 PM
07-27-2015 06:08 PM
by GreenWorx
15 2,989
Need your help, Gopher...
Chilehead
07-23-2015 07:02 PM
07-27-2015 11:28 AM
by Steve
11 405
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
01-11-2015 10:41 AM
07-27-2015 11:22 AM
by Steve
94 10,502
Dogs
Mr. Mow
06-29-2015 02:37 PM
07-25-2015 07:50 AM
by Chilehead
12 2,450
Just about mid year, how...
GreenWorx
06-24-2015 07:05 PM
07-22-2015 07:31 PM
by Chilehead
14 2,522
Learning as I grow -...
WarriorLandscapingCAN
07-18-2015 07:46 AM
07-21-2015 10:53 AM
by Steve
3 330
Large dirt mound removal
purdue1973
07-09-2015 07:45 PM
07-20-2015 12:55 PM
by Steve
6 480
Hey everyone
Fantasy landscaping
07-09-2015 06:53 AM
07-09-2015 11:47 AM
by Steve
1 348
Quickbooks Online
jscarolina
07-08-2015 07:54 AM
07-08-2015 12:55 PM
by Nate10928
1 369
I dont know what to do...
Bradcook21
06-21-2015 08:49 AM
07-07-2015 09:48 PM
by SGL1
16 2,776
Start LIKING FACEBOOK...
rlclawncare123
02-26-2015 12:06 AM
07-07-2015 02:54 PM
by GreenWorx
13 3,710
Is it too late to do...
markty
06-16-2015 05:28 PM
07-07-2015 01:00 PM
by problem solver
9 2,518
Hi everyone
Mattw
07-06-2015 05:59 PM
07-07-2015 10:18 AM
by Steve
1 372
4th of July parade...
Steve
07-06-2015 10:35 AM
07-06-2015 10:35 AM
by Steve
0 320
Unemployment rates drop,...
Steve
07-02-2015 12:40 PM
07-06-2015 10:30 AM
by Steve
4 493
» Popular Tags
accounting ad landscaping aerocore applying bark billy goat brushcutter blowout bob villa bush collections contract help curb appeal services deliquentaccounts demonstration design edging equipment dealer financials flyers foreman free advertising google growing a lawn care business hardscapes hiring how to hydro increase customers invoicing jobs landscape landscape services landscaping landscaping training lawn aeration lawn care lawn care busines plan lawn mowing marketing marketing secrets more customers business mulch new business ordinance past due patio install per hour charge per hour service plowing pricing profit on employee quickbooks quickbooks online scag sell the vision seo shell shreaded snow plowing solo square foot swzt tree pics up sell employee walk behind web design website website design wood www.greenturion.co.za
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 PM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 PM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy