Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Just starting your lawn care or landscaping business? > Starting a lawn care business.

Starting a lawn care business. How to start a lawn mowing business, lawn care business, or landscaping business. If you are starting a lawn care business, ask your questions here.

Coroplast signs - What to expect?


Starting a lawn care business.

How to start a lawn mowing business, lawn care business, or landscaping business. If you are starting a lawn care business, ask your questions here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #21  
Old 08-09-2009, 08:22 AM
Fresh Cut's Avatar
Fresh Cut Fresh Cut is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 235
Rep Power: 8
Fresh Cut is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Keep us posted on how all this turns out. When you get these signs up, will you be asking all your new callers, where they initially heard of you from?
yes, but I've only been doing the door hangers and I stopped doing that a while ago, so I'll know the calls are coming from the signs.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #22  
Old 08-09-2009, 08:45 AM
Fresh Cut's Avatar
Fresh Cut Fresh Cut is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 235
Rep Power: 8
Fresh Cut is on a distinguished road
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Another update:

First night I put the signs out, I got a call the next morning (not even 12 hours later) saying that I couldn't put the signs out from some guy that's on a local community association board. He told me that I couldn't put 'em out anywhere and that they make the community look bad.
I kept asking where would he suggest I put 'em, he said nowhere.

Now, I've got 100 of these signs and I just started putting them out and this guy calls me talking this nonsense about "I know those signs cost money and there gonna be gone, and that's money lost on your part". As I listened to him talk I got a REAL GOOD feeling that he had little or no weight in the community and that my signs were not gonna be gone due to him.

He also said that he was calling because he hadn't seen my signs before so I must be new and he wanted to let me know. He went on to say that if they(code enforcement) see my signs out there, they'll take 'em and throw 'em away. They may call me or not, and that code enforcement will fine my business. He said that if police see me putting the signs out they will cite me.

I talked with him for about 15 minutes and told him I didn't know and that I'd call code enforcement. I haven't called 'em yet. I kept a close eye on my signs since he called and I noticed my last sign was gone yesterday, like 2 or 3 days after the guy called me.


Nonetheless, I have been getting calls steadily since I put the signs out. Somewhere around 3-5 a day. Some from the signs I put out on the busy parkway, others from signs I put in customers yards. One customer that has gotten me a lot of calls lives on a corner lot @ the entrance to a subdivision, I've gotten 4 or 5 calls from that sign alone!

signs work!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-09-2009, 09:39 AM
turfmaster's Avatar
turfmaster turfmaster is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 366
Rep Power: 8
turfmaster is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Cut View Post
Another update:

First night I put the signs out, I got a call the next morning (not even 12 hours later) saying that I couldn't put the signs out from some guy that's on a local community association board. He told me that I couldn't put 'em out anywhere and that they make the community look bad.
I kept asking where would he suggest I put 'em, he said nowhere.

Now, I've got 100 of these signs and I just started putting them out and this guy calls me talking this nonsense about "I know those signs cost money and there gonna be gone, and that's money lost on your part". As I listened to him talk I got a REAL GOOD feeling that he had little or no weight in the community and that my signs were not gonna be gone due to him.

He also said that he was calling because he hadn't seen my signs before so I must be new and he wanted to let me know. He went on to say that if they(code enforcement) see my signs out there, they'll take 'em and throw 'em away. They may call me or not, and that code enforcement will fine my business. He said that if police see me putting the signs out they will cite me.

I talked with him for about 15 minutes and told him I didn't know and that I'd call code enforcement. I haven't called 'em yet. I kept a close eye on my signs since he called and I noticed my last sign was gone yesterday, like 2 or 3 days after the guy called me.


Nonetheless, I have been getting calls steadily since I put the signs out. Somewhere around 3-5 a day. Some from the signs I put out on the busy parkway, others from signs I put in customers yards. One customer that has gotten me a lot of calls lives on a corner lot @ the entrance to a subdivision, I've gotten 4 or 5 calls from that sign alone!

signs work!
I use coroplast signs and have had moderate success with them. They definetly worked better than flyers for me.

A friend of mine in the business uses them also with some success. He and I also agree that other LCO'S steal them when they see them.

It also wouldn't suprise me if the guy who called you was a fraud because that happened to me.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-09-2009, 11:07 AM
temeculagrassgators temeculagrassgators is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 80
Rep Power: 8
temeculagrassgators is on a distinguished road
Default

Hey do you guys know you can get 100 signs for 100$$ with FREE stakes!? I will get the web-site if you want it!
Trevor
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-09-2009, 06:09 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 38,039
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

This is really fascinating because it makes you wonder what is the best way to use them?

Should you put them up for a weekend and take them down? Put them up for a week and take them down? Move them around town or what?



Quote:
Hey do you guys know you can get 100 signs for 100$$ with FREE stakes!? I will get the web-site if you want it!
Please do.
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-09-2009, 06:33 PM
turfmaster's Avatar
turfmaster turfmaster is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 366
Rep Power: 8
turfmaster is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
This is really fascinating because it makes you wonder what is the best way to use them?

Should you put them up for a weekend and take them down? Put them up for a week and take them down? Move them around town or what?
We put them out for a week and then take them down. Usually do this on our
regular mowing routes.

I found that we don't have them ripped off as much plus people will still notice them.

A few customers don't mind if we leave them on their property.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-09-2009, 07:44 PM
temeculagrassgators temeculagrassgators is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 80
Rep Power: 8
temeculagrassgators is on a distinguished road
Default

http://www.electionsign.net/index1.htm
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
signs signs signs AMW Graphics Show Off - Picture Post - Photo Gallery 9 05-09-2008 01:33 PM
some signs AMW Graphics Truck & Trailer Sign Design, silk screened apparel & uniform discussion 4 11-25-2007 07:03 PM
Need Signs? Steve Graphic Design Discussions 26 04-09-2007 08:03 PM
Magnet truck signs, lawn signs needed Steve Truck & Trailer Sign Design, silk screened apparel & uniform discussion 1 02-21-2007 04:39 PM
Expect long wait, high prices for Steve Lawn Maintenance / Lawn Renovation 2 05-10-2006 05:18 PM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Review of our lawn care...
Lawnline
07-12-2016 06:40 PM
Yesterday 10:51 AM
by Steve
7 1,816
Start My Own Business?
mowandblow1980
01-12-2016 07:43 PM
08-25-2016 12:55 PM
by Steve
19 2,140
fliers
joshp
08-19-2016 03:23 PM
08-25-2016 07:16 AM
by Chilehead
6 382
Looking for new host
Just for Cuts
11-26-2015 06:58 AM
08-24-2016 09:05 PM
by Stephen Alberts
10 1,911
Facebook advertising
Just for Cuts
12-13-2015 07:49 AM
08-24-2016 08:59 PM
by Stephen Alberts
14 13,093
Landscaper taking on odd...
WarriorLandscapingCAN
08-07-2016 06:57 PM
08-24-2016 10:27 AM
by Steve
6 593
Breaking into commercial...
SGL1
08-19-2016 07:02 AM
08-24-2016 10:12 AM
by mowandblow1980
7 394
Snow Plow
acrajchel
08-17-2016 10:21 AM
08-22-2016 11:21 AM
by Steve
5 376
Quarter Acre Woodland...
ew411
08-16-2016 06:50 AM
08-18-2016 12:25 PM
by Steve
4 363
Bidding Bushhogging
acrajchel
08-15-2016 11:52 AM
08-17-2016 05:32 PM
by acrajchel
4 354
Hello From the Florida...
KevinShuman
08-15-2016 08:57 PM
08-16-2016 01:52 PM
by SC93
2 352
I'm making stupid money...
WarriorLandscapingCAN
08-07-2016 07:07 PM
08-16-2016 12:42 AM
by SC93
5 646
A quick Intro
BLE
08-14-2016 05:17 PM
08-15-2016 10:54 AM
by acrajchel
2 348
New Customer - Gettting...
acrajchel
08-05-2016 05:00 PM
08-15-2016 10:52 AM
by acrajchel
4 618
helping out a friend set...
Doug D
08-13-2016 11:33 AM
08-15-2016 09:45 AM
by Steve
1 361
Small bed job
Bradcook21
08-09-2016 09:52 PM
08-10-2016 03:51 PM
by Steve
1 480
Hello from NoVa
jtwlawn
08-03-2016 11:20 AM
08-09-2016 10:45 AM
by jtwlawn
4 615
How much to charge for...
jymie
03-31-2013 05:59 PM
08-08-2016 04:33 PM
by Steve
27 6,645
Needing a website built
burtle
06-17-2015 09:02 AM
08-07-2016 10:21 AM
by Just for Cuts
18 19,813
New Site Hows it look
Infinitelawn
03-16-2015 10:32 AM
08-07-2016 08:37 AM
by Lawnline
8 11,285
Hey guys! Greetings from...
thegardener
08-05-2016 05:45 AM
08-05-2016 03:26 PM
by Steve
1 525
First Time Bidding-Need...
capitallawncrew
08-01-2016 08:30 AM
08-03-2016 09:52 AM
by Steve
3 657
Show us your stripes
Just for Cuts
05-21-2015 03:07 PM
08-01-2016 08:28 PM
by ExclusiveLawns
7 3,790
String trim BEFORE mow...
Mr. Mow
04-12-2015 08:13 AM
07-31-2016 10:36 AM
by joshp
13 5,936
» Popular Tags
apartment become an entrepreneur best mower be your own boss bidding break business business education business help business management complex contractor hacks contracts deck lift dethatcher edging entrepreneur entrepreneur education estimate estimates fuel problems fuel pump half moon blade intro introduction jjandm lawncare l.t.rich landscape landscape design landscaping landscaping design company landscaping richmond va landscping lawn lawncare lawnservice lowering grade marketing mulch planting raising grade residential lawn care richmond va richmond virginia lawn care safety scag snowblower snow plowing snow shovel sprayer start a business start a lawn care business start business start up toro timecutter townhome tree tree service video web design websites what to charge work from home z-max z-spray
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy