Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Business > Franchise Building, Entrepreneurs, Business Leaders, & Innovators Discussions

Franchise Building, Entrepreneurs, Business Leaders, & Innovators Discussions Are you interested in starting your own lawn care franchise or are you interested in buying into one? Let's talk about different franchise opportunities and how to build your own franchise. Also we discuss different entrepreneurs who inspire us!

Lawn Doctor Seeks Franchisees in Cleveland


Franchise Building, Entrepreneurs, Business Leaders, & Innovators Discussions

Are you interested in starting your own lawn care franchise or are you interested in buying into one? Let's talk about different franchise opportunities and how to build your own franchise. Also we discuss different entrepreneurs who inspire us!
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 11-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 36,282
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

I thought I would pass this along to our readers in case you are looking for a franchise to buy into.

Lawn Doctor Seeks Franchisees in Cleveland

Lawn Doctor, a lawn care business and top-ranked franchisor in its category by Entrepreneur magazine, seeks new franchisees who want to grow solid, long-term businesses in the Cleveland area. The company first came to the market in 1982 and plans to capitalize on the upward trend in professional lawn care service needs.

“We have strong roots in Cleveland and know the area is ripe for continued growth based on our knowledge of the area over the past 25 years,” said Lawn Doctor Vice President of Marketing and Franchise Development, Scott Frith. “Our franchisees’ success has been a key component in building the top brand in the lawn care industry. We have seen a continued rise in professional lawn care service needs, versus a decrease in DIY lawn care, and are ready to expand in Cleveland.”

For more than 40 years, Holmdel, N.J.-based Lawn Doctor has built a solid reputation for superior lawn maintenance and has earned an excellent record as a profitable franchise for investors. Last year, the company received the distinction of “World Class Franchise” by FranSurvey – the highest honor awarded from the franchise community – which surveyed nearly 200 highly satisfied current franchisees who ranked Lawn Doctor in the 98th percentile for long-term growth opportunity.

Candidates for Lawn Doctor franchisees need no previous lawn care experience. The company provides all training and ongoing support, including assistance with marketing, sales, agronomy and horticulture, equipment operation and maintenance, as well as Lawn Doctor’s proprietary CORE business management software.

“Once franchisees become a part of our system, they receive comprehensive training in every aspect of operating a successful Lawn Doctor franchise,” said Frith. “With expert insight and our all-inclusive New Dealer Training Program, we prepare our people for success.”

For more information about Lawn Doctor’s franchise opportunities, visit online at www.LawnDoctorFranchise.com or contact a Lawn Doctor franchise development representative toll free at 866/529-6362.
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 11-05-2007, 05:42 PM
landonkade's Avatar
landonkade landonkade is offline
Matt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 8
landonkade
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Nov. 05 2007,12:50)]I thought I would pass this along to our readers in case you are looking for a franchise to buy into.

Lawn Doctor Seeks Franchisees in Cleveland

Lawn Doctor, a lawn care business and top-ranked franchisor in its category by Entrepreneur magazine, seeks new franchisees who want to grow solid, long-term businesses in the Cleveland area. The company first came to the market in 1982 and plans to capitalize on the upward trend in professional lawn care service needs.

“We have strong roots in Cleveland and know the area is ripe for continued growth based on our knowledge of the area over the past 25 years,” said Lawn Doctor Vice President of Marketing and Franchise Development, Scott Frith. “Our franchisees’ success has been a key component in building the top brand in the lawn care industry. We have seen a continued rise in professional lawn care service needs, versus a decrease in DIY lawn care, and are ready to expand in Cleveland.”

For more than 40 years, Holmdel, N.J.-based Lawn Doctor has built a solid reputation for superior lawn maintenance and has earned an excellent record as a profitable franchise for investors. *Last year, the company received the distinction of “World Class Franchise” by FranSurvey – the highest honor awarded from the franchise community – which surveyed nearly 200 highly satisfied current franchisees who ranked Lawn Doctor in the 98th percentile for long-term growth opportunity.

Candidates for Lawn Doctor franchisees need no previous lawn care experience. The company provides all training and ongoing support, including assistance with marketing, sales, agronomy and horticulture, equipment operation and maintenance, as well as Lawn Doctor’s proprietary CORE business management software.

“Once franchisees become a part of our system, they receive comprehensive training in every aspect of operating a successful Lawn Doctor franchise,” said Frith. “With expert insight and our all-inclusive New Dealer Training Program, we prepare our people for success.”

For more information about Lawn Doctor’s franchise opportunities, visit online at www.LawnDoctorFranchise.com or contact a Lawn Doctor franchise development representative toll free at 866/529-6362.
so actually how long do u have to be in business in order to create a franchise of your own. I very serious doubt u can start franchising when u havent been in the lawn care industry long. I would think u would have to have a lot of capital in order to start.

So whatever happend to the tiger time, havent heard from him in a while

I am pretty sure u have heard of movie gallery Inc. They started here in my town (dothan) Joe Malugen founder. A friend of mine that me and jessie knows subs though me for irrigation and landscaping(willie) has been a landscaper for more than 20 years, that services his mothers home. My wife knows where the house is at, so i could probaly take a picture of it

here is a article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_Video



Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-06-2007, 05:22 AM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 36,282
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]so actually how long do u have to be in business in order to create a franchise of your own. I very serious doubt u can start franchising when u havent been in the lawn care industry long. I would think u would have to have a lot of capital in order to start.
You could theoretically start one up on your first day. The whole premise behind it is that you have developed an infrastructure that works. Once you have something that works and makes money you can license the concept to others. Then it makes it easier, potentially, for new entrepreneurs to take advantage of the franchise system and get up and running faster and make more money than if you had to learn it all on your own. You ultimately do pay for this with an upfront franchise fee to buy into it plus a % on your sales.


Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]So whatever happend to the tiger time, havent heard from him in a while
I know Lee got swamped with work. I am hoping to see him show up on here when things slow down. He has taken the award in my book for fastest and most successful startup lawn care business, that I have seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I am pretty sure u have heard of movie gallery Inc. They started here in my town (dothan) Joe Malugen founder. A friend of mine that me and jessie knows subs though me for irrigation and landscaping(willie) has been a landscaper for more than 20 years, that services his mothers home. My wife knows where the house is at, so i could probaly take a picture of it
Yea that would be great get some pictures! Does he still live in your area? Do you ever see him? Could you ask him for some business advice? That would be amazing!
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-06-2007, 12:00 PM
landonkade's Avatar
landonkade landonkade is offline
Matt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 8
landonkade
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Nov. 06 2007,6:22)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]so actually how long do u have to be in business in order to create a franchise of your own. I very serious doubt u can start franchising when u havent been in the lawn care industry long. I would think u would have to have a lot of capital in order to start.
You could theoretically start one up on your first day. The whole premise behind it is that you have developed an infrastructure that works. Once you have something that works and makes money you can license the concept to others. Then it makes it easier, potentially, for new entrepreneurs to take advantage of the franchise system and get up and running faster and make more money than if you had to learn it all on your own. You ultimately do pay for this with an upfront franchise fee to buy into it plus a % on your sales.


Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]So whatever happend to the tiger time, havent heard from him in a while
I know Lee got swamped with work. I am hoping to see him show up on here when things slow down. He has taken the award in my book for fastest and most successful startup lawn care business, that I have seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]I am pretty sure u have heard of movie gallery Inc. They started here in my town (dothan) Joe Malugen founder. A friend of mine that me and jessie knows subs though me for irrigation and landscaping(willie) has been a landscaper for more than 20 years, that services his mothers home. My wife knows where the house is at, so i could probaly take a picture of it
Yea that would be great get some pictures! Does he still live in your area? Do you ever see him? Could you ask him for some business advice? That would be amazing!
what would i have to do in order start franchising, find a building that leases or something or would the franchise buyer have to do all that. Cause i used to work with orkin pest control, and that is how he told me he did it, was buy into the business and then had to lease a building.

I think he said he bought into the franchise for $30,000. could have been more, and he mentioned that he has made well over that.But has to turn in a % in each month as well to the corporation

that wouldnt be a bad idea to do, but i just would have to know everything about starting one. Dont know if i am thinking the right way or not though. Who ever buys into would have to buy there own trucks right but put my business name on it, correct? and i get a percentage of what they earn a month like 3% or something



Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-06-2007, 12:05 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 36,282
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Well if you were to franchise a lawn care business, it would most likely be up to the franchisee where they stored their equipment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Who ever buys into would have to buy there own trucks right but put my business name on it, correct?
Most likely they would buy the truck and be required to have it painted a certain color and show certain signs on it.

One of the benefits to franchising is that it allows you to expand out to other areas without having to pay for it yourself. You are taking advantage of the franchisee's capital to expand.
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-06-2007, 12:11 PM
landonkade's Avatar
landonkade landonkade is offline
Matt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 8
landonkade
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Nov. 06 2007,1:05)]Well if you were to franchise a lawn care business, it would most likely be up to the franchisee where they stored their equipment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Who ever buys into would have to buy there own trucks right but put my business name on it, correct?
Most likely they would buy the truck and be required to have it painted a certain color and show certain signs on it.

One of the benefits to franchising is that it allows you to expand out to other areas without having to pay for it yourself. You are taking advantage of the franchisee's capital to expand.
so like right now, if i wanted to i could put a ad in the paper. Saying J & M Lawn Care is expanding, franchises avaiable and then a price say $40,000 to buy in<** just a figure. Is there any further information i can read about a lawn care business frachising out and what is consits of

Do they com up with there own yards or do i have to have yards for them to start off with and they grow from there



Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 36,282
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]so like right now, if i wanted to i could put a ad in the paper. Saying J & M Lawn Care is expanding, franchises avaiable and then a price say $40,000 to buy in<** just a figure. Is there any further information i can read about a lawn care business frachising out and what is consits of
Well theoretically, basically yea.

There are regulatory issues you have to deal with but that could all be worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Do they com up with there own yards or do i have to have yards for them to start off with and they grow from there
Most of the time, the area is developed by the franchisee with marketing help from the franchisor.

But see the tricky part is this. Ask yourself why would you pay $40,000 to buy into a franchise? Then pay 5% + of your gross income?

What would make you want to do that?
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-06-2007, 12:50 PM
landonkade's Avatar
landonkade landonkade is offline
Matt
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: alabama
Age: 32
Posts: 447
Rep Power: 8
landonkade
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Nov. 06 2007,1:30)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]so like right now, if i wanted to i could put a ad in the paper. Saying J & M Lawn Care is expanding, franchises avaiable and then a price say $40,000 to buy in<** just a figure. Is there any further information i can read about a lawn care business frachising out and what is consits of
Well theoretically, basically yea.

There are regulatory issues you have to deal with but that could all be worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Do they com up with there own yards or do i have to have yards for them to start off with and they grow from there
Most of the time, the area is developed by the franchisee with marketing help from the franchisor.

But see the tricky part is this. Ask yourself why would you pay $40,000 to buy into a franchise? Then pay 5% + of your gross income?

What would make you want to do that?
what i am saying is I want to franchise out, to expand. Letting people buy into me. This is how my boss i used to work with did he bought into a franchise with orkin for $30,000 or so from the corpoarte office, and then has to pay corpoarte a % of each job he does. Like a $900 termite job he does he has to mail in probaly $150 of the $900.

i dont know i guess i might be thinking wrong

just let me know what i need to know,lol
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 36,282
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

I understand what you are saying but if you were to think of it from the person interested in buying into your franchise, you have to think, what are you offering them that would be worth $40,000?

What would your selling point be?

How would you convince someone to buy into your franchise?
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
03-22-2014 09:12 AM
Today 04:09 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
100 5,892
Downed Tree Chop Bid
WesleySnips
08-16-2014 03:47 PM
Today 01:44 PM
by SGL1
10 272
2014 Gie-expo
ExtremeLawncareServices
Yesterday 11:22 PM
Today 12:01 PM
by Steve
1 43
New Landscaping Business
rekon32
08-16-2014 02:26 PM
Today 11:56 AM
by Steve
7 275
Fuel Can Spouts
Shark1611
08-16-2014 09:09 AM
Yesterday 07:52 PM
by SGL1
8 199
60 inch honda/bunton...
pblawncare
08-17-2014 11:30 AM
08-18-2014 03:19 PM
by Steve
2 94
Replacement Parts -...
nicholas-KC
08-16-2014 08:40 AM
08-18-2014 03:16 PM
by Steve
4 141
Preparing the soil
Billy Goat
08-16-2014 06:18 PM
08-18-2014 03:01 PM
by Steve
1 87
Softball field
kslawn
08-15-2014 09:28 AM
08-18-2014 02:52 PM
by Steve
7 217
What to pay help
phlawncare
08-04-2014 08:33 PM
08-18-2014 10:33 AM
by jrs.landscaping
29 842
Hello
Jeff1
08-07-2014 11:18 PM
08-15-2014 11:53 PM
by Jeff1
11 376
Lie #2 RESIDENTIAL...
ExtremeLawncareServices
01-06-2014 05:02 AM
08-15-2014 01:46 PM
by mattthelawnguy
54 6,276
Need help 30 HP koler...
Shady Grady
08-01-2014 03:31 PM
08-15-2014 08:46 AM
by kslawn
18 563
New Boomless Sprayer!
BlackRain75
01-03-2014 01:01 PM
08-14-2014 02:37 AM
by BlackRain75
12 1,719
Stihl engine isn't...
Marcintosh
08-12-2014 08:30 PM
08-13-2014 03:34 PM
by Steve
3 147
first year update
cmdlawncare
08-12-2014 05:41 PM
08-13-2014 03:29 PM
by Steve
1 186
Hello from Jacksonville,...
JM Lawn Care
08-10-2014 07:15 AM
08-13-2014 07:04 AM
by Sprinkler Buddy
9 287
Hello everyone new to...
maddyandrays
08-11-2014 04:51 PM
08-12-2014 08:58 PM
by Shark1611
2 145
Walk behinds
hpruitcei
08-07-2014 06:28 PM
08-12-2014 02:35 PM
by mattthelawnguy
7 389
New name help
stevef1201
08-10-2014 04:27 PM
08-12-2014 12:03 PM
by Steve
6 268
my little green dilemmas
Lawn Techie
08-03-2014 11:47 AM
08-11-2014 01:20 PM
by Steve
7 381
what the best...
CleanCutsLLC
08-02-2014 01:02 AM
08-11-2014 01:16 PM
by Steve
6 391
Texas lawn care company...
Livingston Lawn Care
07-25-2014 11:29 AM
08-11-2014 01:19 AM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
13 665
Covering all the bases
janslawncare
08-08-2014 10:11 AM
08-08-2014 01:41 PM
by Steve
1 218
New from Florida
ADE
08-06-2014 08:40 PM
08-08-2014 01:32 PM
by Steve
4 296
JOB - Landscape Install...
janslawncare
08-08-2014 10:06 AM
08-08-2014 10:06 AM
by janslawncare
0 186
Battery power tools or...
Steve
08-07-2014 12:24 PM
08-07-2014 05:18 PM
by mattthelawnguy
2 199
My client just told me...
Greg'slawnandlandscape
08-04-2014 08:39 AM
08-06-2014 11:14 PM
by grassdoctore
12 520
Illegal spraying
GoGreenerKS
07-04-2014 09:11 AM
08-06-2014 02:03 PM
by Steve
13 1,132
Mowing the hills
prmenter@gmail.com
07-08-2014 12:22 PM
08-06-2014 01:40 PM
by Steve
20 1,340
Crop Rotation Techniques...
eastsidelandcare
07-17-2014 03:47 PM
08-06-2014 10:29 AM
by eastsidelandcare
5 572
Got my first lawn job...
SGL1
06-11-2014 09:19 PM
08-05-2014 07:12 PM
by TheBeast
30 1,924
Late charge
Simon Abousaada
07-30-2014 07:23 PM
08-05-2014 06:46 PM
by TheBeast
12 767
buy out a lawn care...
rvezakis
08-05-2014 01:38 PM
08-05-2014 06:40 PM
by TheBeast
10 464
Please help
unitedlawncare48867
03-26-2014 08:29 PM
08-05-2014 05:27 PM
by TheBeast
27 1,552
Help with Estimate
donslawns
08-02-2014 09:10 AM
08-05-2014 02:24 PM
by Steve
6 428
Stuck again!!!!
Greg'slawnandlandscape
08-01-2014 11:02 PM
08-05-2014 09:05 AM
by Greg'slawnandlandscape
10 443
Mow and leaf cleanup bid
SGL1
07-29-2014 07:28 PM
08-05-2014 07:22 AM
by petscanning
25 935
Building credit
Matther777
07-27-2014 05:20 PM
08-04-2014 06:53 PM
by kslawn
17 728
Lowballers scrubs &...
Darksteel
01-13-2014 07:35 AM
08-04-2014 01:09 PM
by Steve
48 5,745
long time no see
Tuscan Gardens
08-02-2014 03:21 PM
08-04-2014 12:04 PM
by Steve
1 269
Pressure Washing Like a...
TNTurf
08-01-2014 11:47 PM
08-04-2014 11:58 AM
by Steve
2 301
trimming back shrubs
WesleySnips
07-31-2014 06:14 AM
08-04-2014 11:52 AM
by Steve
6 407
Pressure Washing...
WesleySnips
07-31-2014 06:13 PM
08-04-2014 11:50 AM
by Steve
3 340
Grass hopper mower
ExtremeLawncareServices
12-05-2013 08:51 AM
08-02-2014 07:55 AM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
24 3,481
Easy money
stevef1201
11-14-2013 10:17 AM
08-02-2014 01:03 AM
by stevef1201
3 1,491
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 11:18 AM
08-01-2014 11:42 PM
by TNTurf
1,186 327,971
Echo Edger 'Neutral'
WesleySnips
07-25-2014 05:28 PM
08-01-2014 01:50 PM
by stevef1201
7 539
Buy a good company at a...
Steve
03-12-2011 06:38 AM
08-01-2014 01:44 PM
by Steve
2 1,926
Employee wont return...
Prolawnofchatt
06-13-2014 03:12 PM
07-31-2014 09:59 PM
by WesleySnips
5 803
» Popular Tags
2wd 4x4 apartment lawn care estimate birdscaping care charge collections subcontractor commercial craigslist credit card processing customers ecosymbiosis exmark ferris four wheel drive gopherhaul grass gravely holiday honda how much to charge how to bid husqvarna hydraulic installation invoice kawasaki labor cost landscape services late lawn lawn care lawn care business lawn care business seo lawn care business show lawn care business website lawn care business website seo lawn care website lawn service leaf cleanup leaf removal lesco marketing mulch estimate native plants new buisness online classifieds podcast rotating scag scag v-ride search engine optimization season seo small engine repair sprayer starting a business stihl theft of services tips toro tractor auger trailer mate pro truck new used landscape upsell walk behind walker winter money making ideas won't return wright stander rh
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 PM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 PM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy