Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Property Management Forums > Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs.

Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs. Questions on your truck, trailer, commercial lawn mowers, lawn mower, mower parts, lawn tractors, engines, edgers, trimmers, pole saws, aerators, hydro seeders, snow plows, chain saws, stump grinders??

Is It Worth It?


Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs.

Questions on your truck, trailer, commercial lawn mowers, lawn mower, mower parts, lawn tractors, engines, edgers, trimmers, pole saws, aerators, hydro seeders, snow plows, chain saws, stump grinders??
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 04-20-2013, 03:29 PM
GreenBlue's Avatar
GreenBlue GreenBlue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 248
Rep Power: 2
GreenBlue is on a distinguished road
Default Is It Worth It?

I am considering purchasing this as a residential mower, the idea is to have a commercial push mower and a smaller mower. So I am looking on what others think about this mower consideration of mine and my business partners. It is just an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=TJEQ1EYyo0w

Last edited by GreenBlue; 04-20-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 04-22-2013, 11:29 AM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 36,422
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
What is your view on why that mower over a commercial mower of a similar size?
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-22-2013, 12:48 PM
GreenBlue's Avatar
GreenBlue GreenBlue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 248
Rep Power: 2
GreenBlue is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
What is your view on why that mower over a commercial mower of a similar size?
It's cheaper for one thing, but was hoping to get some insight, its mainly an idea of my business partner, I'm leaning more towards a commercial mower, but wanted to see what others had to say so I could relay to my business partner.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-22-2013, 05:12 PM
SNethercutt SNethercutt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 202
Rep Power: 2
SNethercutt is on a distinguished road
Default

I have a buddy who has a mower like that. He loves it and I borrowed it one time to try it out. Mowed a couple of yards with it.

The deck is composite, not steel so it is lighter and doesn't rust. The down side is if you hit something extremely hard you will crack it like fiberglass.

It does have the hose hook up to clean it so that's also a plus.

The smart speed is an awesome feature, that thing will go faster than you want to walk but it goes at the pace you do by how close you stay to the mower. Some people have said they break easy but my buddy used his in the business before he got out.

They run about 700 to 800 and will run nearly as fast as a 32" commercial walk behind, cut almost as wide, being 30 in.

They will not mow tall grass as well as a commercial walk behind.

The bagger fills up quickly because they aren't much bigger than that on the Toro 22".

I have a Toro Recycle 22" I bought last year. Starts first pull, runs great cuts great, bags great. I have NO complaints about my toro and yes it has the composite deck, I think the deck is great.

Its up to you. You can spend 800 on a 21 or 22 " commercial self propelled, 800 on one of these 30 in toros or 2000+ on a new commercial walk behind.

That being said, I just bought a 32" commercial walk behind Gravely. Reason is that I now some large properties and if I'm out and my zero turn I carry daily goes down while I'm out I still have that commercial mower. Plus I can use it on my residential properties.

I would say if spending $2500 plus right now isn't in the books then do it. Toro makes great machines. Just stay away from the Briggs engine they put on some of them. My Toro Recycles has a Kohler on it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-22-2013, 05:21 PM
GreenBlue's Avatar
GreenBlue GreenBlue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 248
Rep Power: 2
GreenBlue is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNethercutt View Post
I have a buddy who has a mower like that. He loves it and I borrowed it one time to try it out. Mowed a couple of yards with it.

The deck is composite, not steel so it is lighter and doesn't rust. The down side is if you hit something extremely hard you will crack it like fiberglass.

It does have the hose hook up to clean it so that's also a plus.

The smart speed is an awesome feature, that thing will go faster than you want to walk but it goes at the pace you do by how close you stay to the mower. Some people have said they break easy but my buddy used his in the business before he got out.

They run about 700 to 800 and will run nearly as fast as a 32" commercial walk behind, cut almost as wide, being 30 in.

They will not mow tall grass as well as a commercial walk behind.

The bagger fills up quickly because they aren't much bigger than that on the Toro 22".

I have a Toro Recycle 22" I bought last year. Starts first pull, runs great cuts great, bags great. I have NO complaints about my toro and yes it has the composite deck, I think the deck is great.

Its up to you. You can spend 800 on a 21 or 22 " commercial self propelled, 800 on one of these 30 in toros or 2000+ on a new commercial walk behind.

That being said, I just bought a 32" commercial walk behind Gravely. Reason is that I now some large properties and if I'm out and my zero turn I carry daily goes down while I'm out I still have that commercial mower. Plus I can use it on my residential properties.

I would say if spending $2500 plus right now isn't in the books then do it. Toro makes great machines. Just stay away from the Briggs engine they put on some of them. My Toro Recycles has a Kohler on it.
I will pass this onto my business partner, this is more of his idea. I'm leaning towards commercial for the simple fact that it can handle more, etc. but wanted to give him a shot with what others had to say and then letting him know what the opinions of others are from everyone here. Thanks for your input on this.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-22-2013, 07:44 PM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

nope.

I bought two recyclers to replace a honda 05 HRX217 and a 92 not even sure of the model since I NEVER bought a part for it. A year and a half later one is parts for the other. The briggs suck, the wheels suck, the drive system breaks. It does cut and mulch nice.

So I still use a 21 year old self propelled and the 05. Those commercial mowers sure arent worth the money though. Who would want a mower hanging around that long? Not me.

As far as upgrading to a 30". Whats the point? It wont really make a time difference and its a good 200lbs. If your really interested in a 30" exmark makes one. Not sure how much different it is from the Toro.

I have bought commercial zero turns for that type of money. Then again I never cared for shiny things or stickers.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-22-2013, 09:06 PM
GreenBlue's Avatar
GreenBlue GreenBlue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 248
Rep Power: 2
GreenBlue is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECTLANDSCAPING View Post
nope.

I bought two recyclers to replace a honda 05 HRX217 and a 92 not even sure of the model since I NEVER bought a part for it. A year and a half later one is parts for the other. The briggs suck, the wheels suck, the drive system breaks. It does cut and mulch nice.

So I still use a 21 year old self propelled and the 05. Those commercial mowers sure arent worth the money though. Who would want a mower hanging around that long? Not me.

As far as upgrading to a 30". Whats the point? It wont really make a time difference and its a good 200lbs. If your really interested in a 30" exmark makes one. Not sure how much different it is from the Toro.

I have bought commercial zero turns for that type of money. Then again I never cared for shiny things or stickers.
We'll look into this, thanks Sect.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-23-2013, 05:52 AM
googus googus is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 86
Rep Power: 2
googus is on a distinguished road
Default

The timemaster and the commercial turfmaster 30in are two different machines. You can search the forums there has been a lot of talk about them. Just to put into perspective the residential weighs 120lb and the commercial comes in at 179lbs.

I have the Exmark commercial 30in and love it! 1900.00 OTD
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-23-2013, 07:18 AM
GreenBlue's Avatar
GreenBlue GreenBlue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 248
Rep Power: 2
GreenBlue is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by googus View Post
The timemaster and the commercial turfmaster 30in are two different machines. You can search the forums there has been a lot of talk about them. Just to put into perspective the residential weighs 120lb and the commercial comes in at 179lbs.

I have the Exmark commercial 30in and love it! 1900.00 OTD
Thanks for that input, that's a nice looking mower and I will pass this on to my business partner, I'm sure he'd like this. I do because its commercial lol.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-02-2013, 09:09 AM
Chilehead's Avatar
Chilehead Chilehead is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Stockbridge, GA
Posts: 66
Rep Power: 5
Chilehead is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by googus View Post
The timemaster and the commercial turfmaster 30in are two different machines. You can search the forums there has been a lot of talk about them. Just to put into perspective the residential weighs 120lb and the commercial comes in at 179lbs.

I have the Exmark commercial 30in and love it! 1900.00 OTD
This is the way to go. If you work commercially, don't cut corners. Get a quality machine that will last.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it worth it??? D&KLAWNS Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs. 4 09-29-2010 08:14 AM
Pay us what you think we are worth? Steve Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review! 6 08-28-2008 06:52 PM
Worth $50,000? Steve General Talk 2 10-26-2007 02:05 AM
Was it worth it? Steve General Business Discussions 5 04-27-2006 11:46 PM
Would this be worth it? Steve General Business Discussions 2 04-01-2006 11:06 AM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Look out Bob Villa -...
Mr Dave
Yesterday 10:06 AM
Today 07:34 AM
by Mr Dave
4 171
John Deere z235 Deck
WesleySnips
09-29-2014 06:02 PM
Yesterday 08:54 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
3 201
Real Estate??
tbtigers03
Yesterday 06:43 PM
Yesterday 08:17 PM
by Sprinkler Buddy
3 134
Question?what should I...
dalvan0
09-24-2014 11:10 PM
Yesterday 08:01 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
16 782
Kohler command carb...
ExtremeLawncareServices
09-21-2014 03:09 PM
Yesterday 07:37 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
25 1,137
Help a brother...
tbtigers03
09-28-2014 11:41 AM
Yesterday 06:13 PM
by tbtigers03
6 361
Hello from Kentucky
TRV
Yesterday 05:42 PM
Yesterday 05:54 PM
by Sprinkler Buddy
1 97
Sprinkler head guards...
Sprinkler Buddy
09-27-2014 04:55 AM
Yesterday 05:51 PM
by Sprinkler Buddy
4 403
Give Me Your Problems
ellakit
Yesterday 04:10 PM
Yesterday 04:10 PM
by ellakit
0 17
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 11:18 AM
Yesterday 03:53 PM
by ellakit
1,188 336,260
Whe does Mowing season...
jack2048
Yesterday 07:05 AM
Yesterday 02:38 PM
by Steve
3 173
Falling into business
stellarmowing
09-28-2014 04:35 PM
Yesterday 02:17 PM
by Steve
4 330
hey
sizemorelawncare
09-28-2014 08:12 PM
09-29-2014 03:10 PM
by Steve
2 262
Update on LawnsAway and...
Ian Lovejoy
09-28-2014 10:24 AM
09-29-2014 03:09 PM
by Steve
2 315
Need to figure out how...
tjslawnde
09-28-2014 10:31 AM
09-29-2014 03:05 PM
by Steve
4 328
Aerocore Deck?
wdrdoctor
09-26-2014 06:21 PM
09-29-2014 02:36 PM
by Steve
3 456
Hello from CNY
arazucontracting
09-22-2014 06:07 PM
09-29-2014 02:33 PM
by Steve
3 707
How to price lawn mowing.
jack2048
09-24-2014 04:18 PM
09-29-2014 02:27 PM
by Steve
4 562
Pricing ????
6295danny
01-14-2013 07:54 PM
09-29-2014 02:22 PM
by Steve
35 6,579
30 Inch Push Mowers Pros...
Billy Goat
06-27-2013 08:07 PM
09-27-2014 04:11 PM
by SGL1
30 7,102
Replacing a Shindi T-27
Dan Tanner
09-13-2014 12:59 PM
09-26-2014 04:16 PM
by stevef1201
5 1,096
Looking for feed back on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
09-17-2014 08:38 AM
09-25-2014 09:18 AM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
10 1,120
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
03-22-2014 09:12 AM
09-25-2014 08:01 AM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
124 9,317
Trying something new,...
ExtremeLawncareServices
09-21-2014 09:07 PM
09-23-2014 11:13 AM
by Steve
4 803
This sucks...
Matther777
09-18-2014 04:56 PM
09-22-2014 08:02 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
11 1,181
Not sure, but anyone do...
SnowRemoval2k14
09-22-2014 12:10 AM
09-22-2014 04:49 PM
by Steve
1 746
Tribulations of working...
stevef1201
09-13-2014 08:37 AM
09-22-2014 04:45 PM
by Steve
9 1,078
Mulching beds
Bradcook21
09-21-2014 07:43 AM
09-22-2014 04:43 PM
by Steve
3 819
Scag turf tiger hydrolic...
ExtremeLawncareServices
09-04-2014 10:55 PM
09-22-2014 04:35 PM
by Steve
12 1,449
2014 Gie-expo
ExtremeLawncareServices
08-19-2014 11:22 PM
09-21-2014 09:23 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
3 1,474
Mowing 7 acres
avetslawncare
08-31-2014 04:24 PM
09-19-2014 03:29 PM
by acrajchel
6 1,693
snowplowing
jshak40
09-01-2014 07:20 AM
09-19-2014 11:49 AM
by Steve
23 2,123
Lowballers scrubs &...
Darksteel
01-13-2014 07:35 AM
09-18-2014 06:32 PM
by Northwoods Outdoors
58 7,519
Hello from upstate NY!
A&MLawn&Snow
09-18-2014 11:19 AM
09-18-2014 04:10 PM
by Sprinkler Buddy
2 918
Price to apply fertilizer
SS.Lawncare
09-15-2014 11:10 AM
09-18-2014 01:16 PM
by Steve
9 1,101
Trailer tires
J.A.S.LawnService
09-01-2014 10:17 AM
09-17-2014 09:57 PM
by curts lawn care
4 1,530
new to the forum
SGlawncare
09-16-2014 11:20 PM
09-17-2014 08:29 PM
by curts lawn care
3 929
Help With Snow Blowing...
Robertf31
09-13-2014 10:55 PM
09-17-2014 12:34 PM
by Steve
11 1,294
Non-Stop Summer?
SouthallMowing
09-14-2014 10:51 PM
09-17-2014 10:48 AM
by stevef1201
6 1,047
Poll - net income
Dan5082
11-15-2010 08:08 PM
09-16-2014 04:44 PM
by jrs.landscaping
12 3,800
Getting lowballed!
PineHillLawn
06-27-2012 07:23 AM
09-16-2014 01:25 PM
by jrs.landscaping
24 5,540
Compare this summer to...
Steve
09-03-2014 12:52 PM
09-16-2014 11:20 AM
by Hanks Lawn Care Services
15 1,721
thinking about throwing...
veteranslawncaresystems
09-09-2014 10:31 PM
09-15-2014 03:41 PM
by Steve
12 1,447
Hello
Robertf31
09-12-2014 10:34 PM
09-15-2014 03:17 PM
by Steve
2 940
Newbie......Again
Jibber
09-13-2014 12:17 PM
09-15-2014 02:54 PM
by Sprinkler Buddy
2 1,069
need help with starter...
GoGreenerKS
09-12-2014 04:23 PM
09-15-2014 02:25 PM
by Steve
3 989
Brake job!
kslawn
08-30-2014 07:49 AM
09-15-2014 02:16 PM
by Steve
12 1,796
Hello
jawnebgoode
08-28-2014 08:37 PM
09-15-2014 02:15 PM
by Steve
3 1,524
Employee uniforms
Gerardo_Landscape
01-21-2014 11:11 PM
09-15-2014 02:12 PM
by Steve
5 1,586
Greetings from the north
Northwoods Outdoors
09-13-2014 08:55 AM
09-15-2014 02:07 PM
by Steve
1 934
» Popular Tags
4wd apartment bid apartment lawn care estimate bob villa charge commercial decorating deliquentaccounts demonstration employee problems exmark ferris first truck fundraiser georgia gopherhaul gravely hardscapes how much to charge how to how to bid hydraulic kawasaki labor cost landscape services lawn lawn care lawn care busines plan lawn care business podcast lawn care business seo lawn care business show lawn care business website lawn care business website seo lawn care seo lawn care website lawn care website seo leaf removal lighting lighting brass outdoor lights managing a lawn care business marketing mulch estimate new buisness patio install podcast promotion property management company push versus ride redmax rotating savannah scag scag v-ride seo snow snow plowing sprayer starting a business start up lawn care business steep lawns stihl top dresser toro tractor auger trailer mate pro truck new used landscape turfgrass consulting walker won't return wright stander rh
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 PM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 PM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy