Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Property Management Forums > Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs.

Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs. Questions on your truck, trailer, commercial lawn mowers, lawn mower, mower parts, lawn tractors, engines, edgers, trimmers, pole saws, aerators, hydro seeders, snow plows, chain saws, stump grinders??

Is It Worth It?


Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs.

Questions on your truck, trailer, commercial lawn mowers, lawn mower, mower parts, lawn tractors, engines, edgers, trimmers, pole saws, aerators, hydro seeders, snow plows, chain saws, stump grinders??
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 04-20-2013, 03:29 PM
GreenBlue's Avatar
GreenBlue GreenBlue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 248
Rep Power: 4
GreenBlue is on a distinguished road
Default Is It Worth It?

I am considering purchasing this as a residential mower, the idea is to have a commercial push mower and a smaller mower. So I am looking on what others think about this mower consideration of mine and my business partners. It is just an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=TJEQ1EYyo0w

Last edited by GreenBlue; 04-20-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 04-22-2013, 11:29 AM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 38,042
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
What is your view on why that mower over a commercial mower of a similar size?
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-22-2013, 12:48 PM
GreenBlue's Avatar
GreenBlue GreenBlue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 248
Rep Power: 4
GreenBlue is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
What is your view on why that mower over a commercial mower of a similar size?
It's cheaper for one thing, but was hoping to get some insight, its mainly an idea of my business partner, I'm leaning more towards a commercial mower, but wanted to see what others had to say so I could relay to my business partner.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-22-2013, 05:12 PM
SNethercutt SNethercutt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 202
Rep Power: 4
SNethercutt is on a distinguished road
Default

I have a buddy who has a mower like that. He loves it and I borrowed it one time to try it out. Mowed a couple of yards with it.

The deck is composite, not steel so it is lighter and doesn't rust. The down side is if you hit something extremely hard you will crack it like fiberglass.

It does have the hose hook up to clean it so that's also a plus.

The smart speed is an awesome feature, that thing will go faster than you want to walk but it goes at the pace you do by how close you stay to the mower. Some people have said they break easy but my buddy used his in the business before he got out.

They run about 700 to 800 and will run nearly as fast as a 32" commercial walk behind, cut almost as wide, being 30 in.

They will not mow tall grass as well as a commercial walk behind.

The bagger fills up quickly because they aren't much bigger than that on the Toro 22".

I have a Toro Recycle 22" I bought last year. Starts first pull, runs great cuts great, bags great. I have NO complaints about my toro and yes it has the composite deck, I think the deck is great.

Its up to you. You can spend 800 on a 21 or 22 " commercial self propelled, 800 on one of these 30 in toros or 2000+ on a new commercial walk behind.

That being said, I just bought a 32" commercial walk behind Gravely. Reason is that I now some large properties and if I'm out and my zero turn I carry daily goes down while I'm out I still have that commercial mower. Plus I can use it on my residential properties.

I would say if spending $2500 plus right now isn't in the books then do it. Toro makes great machines. Just stay away from the Briggs engine they put on some of them. My Toro Recycles has a Kohler on it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-22-2013, 05:21 PM
GreenBlue's Avatar
GreenBlue GreenBlue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 248
Rep Power: 4
GreenBlue is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNethercutt View Post
I have a buddy who has a mower like that. He loves it and I borrowed it one time to try it out. Mowed a couple of yards with it.

The deck is composite, not steel so it is lighter and doesn't rust. The down side is if you hit something extremely hard you will crack it like fiberglass.

It does have the hose hook up to clean it so that's also a plus.

The smart speed is an awesome feature, that thing will go faster than you want to walk but it goes at the pace you do by how close you stay to the mower. Some people have said they break easy but my buddy used his in the business before he got out.

They run about 700 to 800 and will run nearly as fast as a 32" commercial walk behind, cut almost as wide, being 30 in.

They will not mow tall grass as well as a commercial walk behind.

The bagger fills up quickly because they aren't much bigger than that on the Toro 22".

I have a Toro Recycle 22" I bought last year. Starts first pull, runs great cuts great, bags great. I have NO complaints about my toro and yes it has the composite deck, I think the deck is great.

Its up to you. You can spend 800 on a 21 or 22 " commercial self propelled, 800 on one of these 30 in toros or 2000+ on a new commercial walk behind.

That being said, I just bought a 32" commercial walk behind Gravely. Reason is that I now some large properties and if I'm out and my zero turn I carry daily goes down while I'm out I still have that commercial mower. Plus I can use it on my residential properties.

I would say if spending $2500 plus right now isn't in the books then do it. Toro makes great machines. Just stay away from the Briggs engine they put on some of them. My Toro Recycles has a Kohler on it.
I will pass this onto my business partner, this is more of his idea. I'm leaning towards commercial for the simple fact that it can handle more, etc. but wanted to give him a shot with what others had to say and then letting him know what the opinions of others are from everyone here. Thanks for your input on this.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-22-2013, 07:44 PM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

nope.

I bought two recyclers to replace a honda 05 HRX217 and a 92 not even sure of the model since I NEVER bought a part for it. A year and a half later one is parts for the other. The briggs suck, the wheels suck, the drive system breaks. It does cut and mulch nice.

So I still use a 21 year old self propelled and the 05. Those commercial mowers sure arent worth the money though. Who would want a mower hanging around that long? Not me.

As far as upgrading to a 30". Whats the point? It wont really make a time difference and its a good 200lbs. If your really interested in a 30" exmark makes one. Not sure how much different it is from the Toro.

I have bought commercial zero turns for that type of money. Then again I never cared for shiny things or stickers.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-22-2013, 09:06 PM
GreenBlue's Avatar
GreenBlue GreenBlue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 248
Rep Power: 4
GreenBlue is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECTLANDSCAPING View Post
nope.

I bought two recyclers to replace a honda 05 HRX217 and a 92 not even sure of the model since I NEVER bought a part for it. A year and a half later one is parts for the other. The briggs suck, the wheels suck, the drive system breaks. It does cut and mulch nice.

So I still use a 21 year old self propelled and the 05. Those commercial mowers sure arent worth the money though. Who would want a mower hanging around that long? Not me.

As far as upgrading to a 30". Whats the point? It wont really make a time difference and its a good 200lbs. If your really interested in a 30" exmark makes one. Not sure how much different it is from the Toro.

I have bought commercial zero turns for that type of money. Then again I never cared for shiny things or stickers.
We'll look into this, thanks Sect.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-23-2013, 05:52 AM
googus googus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 123
Rep Power: 4
googus is on a distinguished road
Default

The timemaster and the commercial turfmaster 30in are two different machines. You can search the forums there has been a lot of talk about them. Just to put into perspective the residential weighs 120lb and the commercial comes in at 179lbs.

I have the Exmark commercial 30in and love it! 1900.00 OTD
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-23-2013, 07:18 AM
GreenBlue's Avatar
GreenBlue GreenBlue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 248
Rep Power: 4
GreenBlue is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by googus View Post
The timemaster and the commercial turfmaster 30in are two different machines. You can search the forums there has been a lot of talk about them. Just to put into perspective the residential weighs 120lb and the commercial comes in at 179lbs.

I have the Exmark commercial 30in and love it! 1900.00 OTD
Thanks for that input, that's a nice looking mower and I will pass this on to my business partner, I'm sure he'd like this. I do because its commercial lol.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-02-2013, 09:09 AM
Chilehead's Avatar
Chilehead Chilehead is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Stockbridge, GA
Posts: 375
Rep Power: 7
Chilehead is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by googus View Post
The timemaster and the commercial turfmaster 30in are two different machines. You can search the forums there has been a lot of talk about them. Just to put into perspective the residential weighs 120lb and the commercial comes in at 179lbs.

I have the Exmark commercial 30in and love it! 1900.00 OTD
This is the way to go. If you work commercially, don't cut corners. Get a quality machine that will last.
__________________
integritylawnpro.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it worth it??? D&KLAWNS Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs. 4 09-29-2010 08:14 AM
Pay us what you think we are worth? Steve Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review! 6 08-28-2008 06:52 PM
Worth $50,000? Steve General Talk 2 10-26-2007 02:05 AM
Was it worth it? Steve General Business Discussions 5 04-27-2006 11:46 PM
Would this be worth it? Steve General Business Discussions 2 04-01-2006 11:06 AM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
My Invention
biglee
01-11-2015 06:51 PM
Today 09:08 PM
by Chilehead
19 2,847
fliers
joshp
08-19-2016 03:23 PM
Today 04:24 PM
by Steve
10 568
fert/lawn programs
joshp
Yesterday 10:43 AM
Today 04:17 PM
by Steve
1 135
Landscaper taking on odd...
WarriorLandscapingCAN
08-07-2016 06:57 PM
Yesterday 10:31 AM
by joshp
7 748
Review of our lawn care...
Lawnline
07-12-2016 06:40 PM
08-27-2016 10:51 AM
by Steve
7 1,832
Start My Own Business?
mowandblow1980
01-12-2016 07:43 PM
08-25-2016 12:55 PM
by Steve
19 2,170
Looking for new host
Just for Cuts
11-26-2015 06:58 AM
08-24-2016 09:05 PM
by Stephen Alberts
10 1,926
Facebook advertising
Just for Cuts
12-13-2015 07:49 AM
08-24-2016 08:59 PM
by Stephen Alberts
14 13,117
Breaking into commercial...
SGL1
08-19-2016 07:02 AM
08-24-2016 10:12 AM
by mowandblow1980
7 543
Snow Plow
acrajchel
08-17-2016 10:21 AM
08-22-2016 11:21 AM
by Steve
5 518
Quarter Acre Woodland...
ew411
08-16-2016 06:50 AM
08-18-2016 12:25 PM
by Steve
4 500
Bidding Bushhogging
acrajchel
08-15-2016 11:52 AM
08-17-2016 05:32 PM
by acrajchel
4 496
Hello From the Florida...
KevinShuman
08-15-2016 08:57 PM
08-16-2016 01:52 PM
by SC93
2 490
I'm making stupid money...
WarriorLandscapingCAN
08-07-2016 07:07 PM
08-16-2016 12:42 AM
by SC93
5 792
A quick Intro
BLE
08-14-2016 05:17 PM
08-15-2016 10:54 AM
by acrajchel
2 488
New Customer - Gettting...
acrajchel
08-05-2016 05:00 PM
08-15-2016 10:52 AM
by acrajchel
4 757
helping out a friend set...
Doug D
08-13-2016 11:33 AM
08-15-2016 09:45 AM
by Steve
1 497
Small bed job
Bradcook21
08-09-2016 09:52 PM
08-10-2016 03:51 PM
by Steve
1 615
Hello from NoVa
jtwlawn
08-03-2016 11:20 AM
08-09-2016 10:45 AM
by jtwlawn
4 752
How much to charge for...
jymie
03-31-2013 05:59 PM
08-08-2016 04:33 PM
by Steve
27 6,669
Needing a website built
burtle
06-17-2015 09:02 AM
08-07-2016 10:21 AM
by Just for Cuts
18 19,836
New Site Hows it look
Infinitelawn
03-16-2015 10:32 AM
08-07-2016 08:37 AM
by Lawnline
8 11,302
Hey guys! Greetings from...
thegardener
08-05-2016 05:45 AM
08-05-2016 03:26 PM
by Steve
1 660
First Time Bidding-Need...
capitallawncrew
08-01-2016 08:30 AM
08-03-2016 09:52 AM
by Steve
3 699
Show us your stripes
Just for Cuts
05-21-2015 03:07 PM
08-01-2016 08:28 PM
by ExclusiveLawns
7 3,804
String trim BEFORE mow...
Mr. Mow
04-12-2015 08:13 AM
07-31-2016 10:36 AM
by joshp
13 5,953
» Popular Tags
apartment become an entrepreneur best mower be your own boss bidding break business business education business help business management complex contractor hacks contracts deck lift dethatcher edging entrepreneur entrepreneur education estimate estimates fuel problems fuel pump half moon blade intro introduction jjandm lawncare l.t.rich landscape landscape design landscaping landscaping design company landscaping richmond va landscping lawn lawncare lawnservice lowering grade marketing mulch planting raising grade residential lawn care richmond va richmond virginia lawn care safety scag snowblower snow plowing snow shovel sprayer start a business start a lawn care business start business start up toro timecutter townhome tree tree service video web design websites what to charge work from home z-max z-spray
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 PM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 PM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy