Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Just starting your lawn care or landscaping business? > Promote your products or services

Promote your products or services Do you want to promote your products or services to our lawn care business forum? Tell us what you have to offer. Post some specials or promotional offers. There is no better way to sell to a forum community than to get a few happy customers and then word will spread.

get that concrete clean


Promote your products or services

Do you want to promote your products or services to our lawn care business forum? Tell us what you have to offer. Post some specials or promotional offers. There is no better way to sell to a forum community than to get a few happy customers and then word will spread.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #21  
Old 04-06-2013, 08:17 PM
SNethercutt SNethercutt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 202
Rep Power: 2
SNethercutt is on a distinguished road
Default

I understand your point and I'm not saying you are wrong.

And I don't just go around pouring it on every stain I see. I try other means to get it off first. That's a last resort. I was just saying that it works. Its for.... stubborn stains not every stain

On a good note. I believe I got my website issue fixed, with the speed. But I do know when you type in lawn care xxxxxx Tx (xxxxx is my town) im the first Google place that pops up. My website isn't at the top yet, but its been there one day and created two potential leads. All in a days work
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #22  
Old 04-06-2013, 09:33 PM
JeffK26
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNethercutt View Post
Also RoundUp is less harmful than a cup of coffee if ingested, no bull.
Great. Let me see a youtube video of you drinking a cup of DDT.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-06-2013, 09:50 PM
JeffK26
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBlue View Post
Oh ok, I see now. Unfortunately that's the kind of world we live in, the rich get richer while the poor get poorer and the poor foots the bills for the rich, and the Government caters to the rich.
Actually that's not true. There are more new rich people than ever before in history. Forbes top 100 rich people have become rich in recent years.

The old stereotype that rich people are born rich no longer exists. Don't get me wrong, family money does exist, but the stereotype that the only rich people are those that come from families that have been rich for centuries is bullcrap.

Even Steve Jobs ( who is now dead ) and Bill Gates have only become rich over the past couple decades. Zuckerberg ( Facebook ) over a few years. Oprah, a couple decades.

Rich getting richer and poor getting poorer is a false analogy based on a zero sum game. The economy is not zero sum.

It's not about money, it's about drive. The poor will get poorer if they choose not to work hard to achieve goals. The rich will get richer, because of the practices they keep doing that got them rich in the first place.

It's a game of numbers. I have the drive to get rich. I'm one person. For every one person like me that will work their a** off to make something there are 20 people that choose to do nothing. In that case your argument is valid. But that isn't because I'm ripping people off, taking more money. It's because I choose to work harder than the other 20 people that choose to do less.

There is not a finite number of dollar bills in the economy where i take 100 dollars another person has 100 less dollars.

The rich may get richer, but it's not because they are taking money out of the poor's wallets. It's because the poor don't have the drive to make money.

It's like a runner. The runner wants to break a 5 minute mile, he works harder to do so. He's not making someone else slower with his hard work to make himself faster. The slower runner, and the people that don't run just don't feel like making themselves faster.

Basically the richer my customer's get, the richer I get as long as I want to work hard to get the money my customer's get for working harder.

Poor people don't hire me. Rich people and people with disposable income do.

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer is a bullcrap saying to get people to find comfort in their poorness by hating the people that work harder than they do.

And taxing the rich more is just an excuse to make people that choose not to bust their a** feel better that the government is doing something to protect them from the so called evil rich.

I'd rather the government protect rich people. Gives me that extra drive to become rich and "protected" other than being a someone that doesn't do a damn thing and gets a handout from a government that punishes the rich for no other reason than they have more than I do.

Last edited by JeffK26; 04-06-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-06-2013, 10:54 PM
GreenBlue's Avatar
GreenBlue GreenBlue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 248
Rep Power: 2
GreenBlue is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffK26 View Post
Actually that's not true. There are more new rich people than ever before in history. Forbes top 100 rich people have become rich in recent years.

The old stereotype that rich people are born rich no longer exists. Don't get me wrong, family money does exist, but the stereotype that the only rich people are those that come from families that have been rich for centuries is bullcrap.

Even Steve Jobs ( who is now dead ) and Bill Gates have only become rich over the past couple decades. Zuckerberg ( Facebook ) over a few years. Oprah, a couple decades.

Rich getting richer and poor getting poorer is a false analogy based on a zero sum game. The economy is not zero sum.

It's not about money, it's about drive. The poor will get poorer if they choose not to work hard to achieve goals. The rich will get richer, because of the practices they keep doing that got them rich in the first place.

It's a game of numbers. I have the drive to get rich. I'm one person. For every one person like me that will work their a** off to make something there are 20 people that choose to do nothing. In that case your argument is valid. But that isn't because I'm ripping people off, taking more money. It's because I choose to work harder than the other 20 people that choose to do less.

There is not a finite number of dollar bills in the economy where i take 100 dollars another person has 100 less dollars.

The rich may get richer, but it's not because they are taking money out of the poor's wallets. It's because the poor don't have the drive to make money.

It's like a runner. The runner wants to break a 5 minute mile, he works harder to do so. He's not making someone else slower with his hard work to make himself faster. The slower runner, and the people that don't run just don't feel like making themselves faster.

Basically the richer my customer's get, the richer I get as long as I want to work hard to get the money my customer's get for working harder.

Poor people don't hire me. Rich people and people with disposable income do.

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer is a bullcrap saying to get people to find comfort in their poorness by hating the people that work harder than they do.

And taxing the rich more is just an excuse to make people that choose not to bust their a** feel better that the government is doing something to protect them from the so called evil rich.

I'd rather the government protect rich people. Gives me that extra drive to become rich and "protected" other than being a someone that doesn't do a damn thing and gets a handout from a government that punishes the rich for no other reason than they have more than I do.
I was actually talking about the rich not paying as much taxes as the poor and 2nd class citizens and how the Government caters to this, now recently Obama has taxed people making a certain amount per year. The Government caters to the rich because the rich technically run the country, its all about who has the almighty dollar to push a vote. Congress gripes and complains, but yet they drawl a salary and don't pay into Social Security, then they get a huge petition paid by taxpayers upon retirement, but yet if Congress was put on minimum wage I bet things would be alot different.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-07-2013, 11:39 AM
The Cleaning Doctor's Avatar
The Cleaning Doctor The Cleaning Doctor is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Helena, MT
Posts: 927
Rep Power: 5
The Cleaning Doctor is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBlue View Post
I was actually talking about the rich not paying as much taxes as the poor and 2nd class citizens and how the Government caters to this, now recently Obama has taxed people making a certain amount per year. The Government caters to the rich because the rich technically run the country, its all about who has the almighty dollar to push a vote. Congress gripes and complains, but yet they drawl a salary and don't pay into Social Security, then they get a huge petition paid by taxpayers upon retirement, but yet if Congress was put on minimum wage I bet things would be alot different.
Boy do you have some growing up and learning to do still. Are you saying that you don't want to be that guy that makes $250K? That is not an impossible thing to do you know? Especially owning your own business. And what do you meant that the rich do not pay as much in taxes as the poor. That is BS.

Look at the tax brackets, why are there even tax brackets if you want it to be fair? How come the poor guy only has to give the government 10% of his income where the rich guy has to give the government 35%. Not only is the rich guy paying a higher dollar amount, he is also paying a higher percentage.

Now you say that he can afford it. Of course he can but just like anyone else, including you, they do not like to pay taxes.

You think that taxing the rich more is going to solve problems? How about cutting spending? Are you aware that all these cuts in spending that you hear about are cuts in increases only? Say the budget was $1 million this year and next year we want to spend $1.5 million but we have to make some cuts and we cut out $.25 million. That works out to a 16% cut in spending but in reality is is a 25% increase in spending.

Don't let these morons fool you, the problem is not in the tax code, it is in the spending. Have you ever been in a government office and watched people sleep at their desks? Yeah I have seen it durring their 9-5 job.

In order for this country to succeed, the government should only do what the civilian area can, should or will not do such as the military etc.

Everyone looks at it like a business and look at it as a revenue problem, it is a spending problem.
__________________
Pat
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-07-2013, 12:52 PM
stevef1201 stevef1201 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,043
Rep Power: 6
stevef1201 is on a distinguished road
Default

I only have two words for cleaning bad stains or oil STEAM JENNY, 180 degree to 250 degree water or steam at high pressure cleans everything.
Of course you have to be careful, and have some money (mine cost 4 grand used) but wow what a clean
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-07-2013, 04:49 PM
GreenBlue's Avatar
GreenBlue GreenBlue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kansas
Posts: 248
Rep Power: 2
GreenBlue is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cleaning Doctor View Post
Boy do you have some growing up and learning to do still. Are you saying that you don't want to be that guy that makes $250K? That is not an impossible thing to do you know? Especially owning your own business. And what do you meant that the rich do not pay as much in taxes as the poor. That is BS.

Look at the tax brackets, why are there even tax brackets if you want it to be fair? How come the poor guy only has to give the government 10% of his income where the rich guy has to give the government 35%. Not only is the rich guy paying a higher dollar amount, he is also paying a higher percentage.

Now you say that he can afford it. Of course he can but just like anyone else, including you, they do not like to pay taxes.

You think that taxing the rich more is going to solve problems? How about cutting spending? Are you aware that all these cuts in spending that you hear about are cuts in increases only? Say the budget was $1 million this year and next year we want to spend $1.5 million but we have to make some cuts and we cut out $.25 million. That works out to a 16% cut in spending but in reality is is a 25% increase in spending.

Don't let these morons fool you, the problem is not in the tax code, it is in the spending. Have you ever been in a government office and watched people sleep at their desks? Yeah I have seen it durring their 9-5 job.

In order for this country to succeed, the government should only do what the civilian area can, should or will not do such as the military etc.

Everyone looks at it like a business and look at it as a revenue problem, it is a spending problem.
I'm officially to the point where I'll post pictures of my equipment and trailer set up when I get them and maybe a few updates on how my business goes, but other than that I won't be posting any more on here. I'm done saying anything and offering my input and advice and from now on I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut. I've learned what I need to do and not do and that is that, thank you to everyone for their input and help.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Steve's Avatar
Steve Steve is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 36,213
Rep Power: 10
Steve has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
I'm done saying anything and offering my input and advice and from now on I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut. I've learned what I need to do and not do and that is that, thank you to everyone for their input and help.
In all fairness, as the moderator, I think it is important to point out this is a very good learning experience. If you have an idea to experiment with and someone points out...

Quote:
It amazes me that you have no inhibitions of using an acid and then washing it down a storm drain that is usually not treated before it hits the streams. I am not a tree hugger but we do need to use some caution when it comes to the environment. Laws are getting tougher and tougher when it comes to pressure washing as it is.
It may give you pause that there is a potential problem you could run into. I don't know the laws on this, but after hearing some of these responses, it may be prudent to investigate this further.

You may have been saved from trouble down the road, so all in all, the information that was shared was all a good thing.
__________________
- Subscribe to my Lawn Care Marketing Blog Feed and get daily tips sent to you. Free!
Download your Free trial of Gopher Lawn Care Software.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pressure Washing Concrete winkie61 General Talk 6 03-01-2010 11:07 AM
What should I use on untreated concrete pghsnowman Community Assistance 3 11-30-2009 12:58 PM
removing concrete footings turfmaster General Business Discussions 7 06-14-2009 04:14 AM
Concrete sculptures Steve Tree Care, Irrigation, Landscaping, Hardscapes 2 02-20-2007 02:00 PM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Mow and leaf cleanup bid
SGL1
Yesterday 07:28 PM
Today 03:51 PM
by jrs.landscaping
6 99
Need input on a bid
phlawncare
07-28-2014 08:51 PM
Today 01:37 PM
by jrs.landscaping
5 151
New from Texas
Livingston Lawn Care
07-25-2014 11:17 AM
Today 01:03 PM
by Steve
5 200
Building credit
Matther777
07-27-2014 05:20 PM
Today 12:36 PM
by Steve
10 222
Single tree, mow customer
WesleySnips
06-27-2014 10:12 AM
Today 12:31 PM
by Steve
17 724
Formulas Used
BaileynSamsMum
Yesterday 06:40 AM
Today 12:19 PM
by Steve
3 119
Spreading Weeds?
WesleySnips
07-27-2014 09:46 PM
Today 06:29 AM
by kslawn
5 170
Will summer ever come
ExtremeLawncareServices
Yesterday 08:27 AM
Yesterday 08:29 PM
by SGL1
5 130
From Concord NC
SouthernRootsLawnCare
07-26-2014 02:34 PM
Yesterday 02:28 PM
by Steve
3 128
Have you ever had to...
SouthernRootsLawnCare
07-26-2014 02:41 PM
Yesterday 02:28 PM
by Steve
4 187
Echo Edger 'Neutral'
WesleySnips
07-25-2014 05:28 PM
Yesterday 02:25 PM
by Steve
4 182
Left handed edging with...
SGL1
07-23-2014 08:59 PM
07-28-2014 07:39 AM
by SGL1
15 368
Echo PE 266 edger
stevef1201
07-01-2014 01:28 PM
07-27-2014 10:14 PM
by WesleySnips
5 380
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
03-22-2014 09:12 AM
07-27-2014 01:21 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
80 4,728
Texas lawn care company...
Livingston Lawn Care
07-25-2014 11:29 AM
07-27-2014 08:16 AM
by Just for Cuts
7 221
need some help geting...
dalvan0
07-13-2014 09:28 PM
07-26-2014 04:39 PM
by BLC7
7 372
new trailer help
mattthelawnguy
07-11-2014 08:21 PM
07-25-2014 06:31 PM
by mattthelawnguy
13 561
You know it;s gonna be a...
stevef1201
07-25-2014 08:50 AM
07-25-2014 01:34 PM
by Steve
1 131
Customer letters
kslawn
07-23-2014 06:17 AM
07-25-2014 01:20 PM
by Steve
5 259
Got my first lawn job...
SGL1
06-11-2014 09:19 PM
07-24-2014 07:09 PM
by SGL1
29 1,326
Need help determining...
Jbss861
07-20-2014 02:33 PM
07-24-2014 01:11 PM
by Steve
13 437
Should I ?
googus
07-22-2014 04:06 PM
07-24-2014 12:10 PM
by Steve
4 276
My First Apartment...
SSLCtn
05-26-2014 10:17 PM
07-24-2014 06:46 AM
by kslawn
15 956
Crop Rotation Techniques...
eastsidelandcare
07-17-2014 03:47 PM
07-24-2014 06:38 AM
by kslawn
3 259
Selling lawns like...
eastsidelandcare
07-17-2014 03:51 PM
07-24-2014 06:28 AM
by kslawn
3 312
Scag new "Eliminator"......
ExtremeLawncareServices
07-20-2014 10:45 AM
07-23-2014 05:37 PM
by Just for Cuts
9 361
need professional advice...
Fiddlers_green
07-20-2014 07:21 PM
07-23-2014 12:42 PM
by Steve
3 258
new to me box truck
jrayb39667
03-06-2014 10:20 PM
07-23-2014 12:40 PM
by Steve
15 1,473
Lawn Service back in...
LawnCareMan280
07-18-2014 09:00 PM
07-23-2014 11:48 AM
by Steve
4 290
Overspray?
stevef1201
07-21-2014 04:20 PM
07-23-2014 11:39 AM
by Steve
3 199
Hello Everyone! Newbie...
SLKlawn
07-17-2014 06:22 PM
07-22-2014 01:53 PM
by Steve
6 341
Proper height for lawn
rob lederhilger
05-26-2014 08:01 AM
07-21-2014 02:53 PM
by LawnDoctor
9 704
Blade sharpener
Just for Cuts
07-04-2014 12:31 PM
07-21-2014 01:48 PM
by Steve
9 567
What's my business worth?
Chaz
07-16-2014 01:35 PM
07-21-2014 01:45 PM
by Steve
4 352
1.5 Acre Jungle
WesleySnips
07-15-2014 05:57 PM
07-20-2014 11:31 AM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
21 693
Gopher schedule software
Ray
07-18-2014 04:13 PM
07-18-2014 04:13 PM
by Ray
0 244
2006 Chevy fuel pump...
KevinsLawns
07-17-2014 08:39 PM
07-18-2014 11:51 AM
by Steve
1 236
Halfway point of year!
Steve
07-01-2014 12:08 PM
07-18-2014 11:38 AM
by Steve
14 797
I got told to leave and...
gwilson98
06-16-2014 02:07 PM
07-17-2014 11:43 AM
by Steve
16 1,116
Hey guys this is the...
prmenter@gmail.com
07-07-2014 08:23 PM
07-16-2014 08:10 PM
by ExtremeLawncareServices
28 848
Mowing the hills
prmenter@gmail.com
07-08-2014 12:22 PM
07-16-2014 05:00 PM
by Just for Cuts
18 774
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 11:18 AM
07-15-2014 05:38 PM
by icon2000
1,184 321,167
Classified Ad Template...
bcfb
06-05-2013 02:40 AM
07-15-2014 11:16 AM
by Steve
15 3,788
Husqvarna pz 60
CDLAWNCARE
07-06-2014 06:50 PM
07-15-2014 08:53 AM
by kslawn
10 513
Lowballers
Chaz
07-11-2014 03:55 PM
07-14-2014 12:27 PM
by Steve
5 423
My new side job
Sprinkler Buddy
05-10-2014 05:23 AM
07-14-2014 12:15 PM
by Steve
10 876
Illegal spraying
GoGreenerKS
07-04-2014 09:11 AM
07-13-2014 10:36 PM
by GoGreenerKS
10 613
New Mower and Trailer
Chaz
06-25-2014 12:04 PM
07-13-2014 06:25 PM
by SGL1
7 635
What Fertilizer to Use?
acrajchel
04-07-2014 01:56 PM
07-12-2014 07:36 PM
by SGL1
21 1,966
Fuel and fuel additives
SGL1
07-06-2014 10:23 AM
07-11-2014 07:53 PM
by SGL1
15 625
» Popular Tags
4wd advertisement article marketing auger bid butterfly gardens charge christmas lighting christmas light service courtesy call customers decorating estimate exmark ferris first truck fundraiser gopherhaul grass gravely hills holiday holiday decorating holiday lighting how much to charge introduction john deere quik trac lawn lawn care lawn care business book lawn care business seo lawn care business show lawn care business website lawn care business website seo lawn care website leaf lighting marketing monthly mow mulch mulch price new buisness new mower organize outdoor environments payment podcast property management company pto reo scag schedule scripts seo snow starting a business starting a lawn care business start up lawn care business steve stihl theft toro toro grand stand trailer trimmer rack walker winter winter services zero turn
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 PM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 PM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy