Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Property Management Forums > General Talk

General Talk If it doesn't fit anywhere else, post it here.

free zero turn and lawn equipment for wounded warriors


General Talk

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, post it here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 02-23-2013, 06:02 AM
Greg'slawnandlandscape Greg'slawnandlandscape is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jacksonville north Carolina
Posts: 403
Rep Power: 4
Greg'slawnandlandscape is an unknown quantity at this point
Question free zero turn and lawn equipment for wounded warriors

this year i would like to donate a week of my time for wounded warriors. i have dedcided i am going to try to partner with lowes and a few indepent dealers to try to get zero turns at wholesale price to give to wounded warriors who cant drive lawn tractors because of missing legs or arms. this idea came to me from my friend nick long story short he explained to me that his family wanted a zero turn for ray (his step dad that lost his legs) because ray wanted the ability to mow his lawn again. (dont take anyrthing for granted you would not believe how much ray misses doing chores)

HERES THE GAME PLAN:
i plan on partnering with lowes (they really support thier military) i hope to get the mowers at or below wholesale

next partner with the richlands great out doors i know the owner and he is ex military i plan on haveing them weld atachments on to the steering controls so that wounded warriors with missing hands can stil use them

then i have to partner with another lawn company because it is a military town and i plan on haveing a huge response

and i plan on unveiling the mowers at the run for the wounded warriors on camp lejuene

does anyone have any suggestions?
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 02-23-2013, 08:09 AM
JeffK26
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Great idea.

Getting in touch with the welder is a good start, but you both would need to contact a prosthetic expert, or prosthetic consulting firm to get ideas on what the design for the attachment should be. Ask them questions about comfort, a design may look like it works, and it may work, but is it comfortable to use continuously while mowing a lawn?

You may have to come up with a few designs for the different types of prosthetic used. One design may not support a certain prosthetic.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-23-2013, 10:40 AM
wandfsmall wandfsmall is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 925
Rep Power: 6
wandfsmall is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg'slawnandlandscape View Post
this year i would like to donate a week of my time for wounded warriors. i have dedcided i am going to try to partner with lowes and a few indepent dealers to try to get zero turns at wholesale price to give to wounded warriors who cant drive lawn tractors because of missing legs or arms. this idea came to me from my friend nick long story short he explained to me that his family wanted a zero turn for ray (his step dad that lost his legs) because ray wanted the ability to mow his lawn again. (dont take anyrthing for granted you would not believe how much ray misses doing chores)

HERES THE GAME PLAN:
i plan on partnering with lowes (they really support thier military) i hope to get the mowers at or below wholesale

next partner with the richlands great out doors i know the owner and he is ex military i plan on haveing them weld atachments on to the steering controls so that wounded warriors with missing hands can stil use them

then i have to partner with another lawn company because it is a military town and i plan on haveing a huge response

and i plan on unveiling the mowers at the run for the wounded warriors on camp lejuene

does anyone have any suggestions?
I would contact the dealer that you are working with about the mower as well, some companies might be willing to sell the mower threw the dealer at enough of a discount to allow you to get a better mower at the same price. Also a heavier built mower will be easier to modify.
__________________
I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-23-2013, 10:43 AM
wandfsmall wandfsmall is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 925
Rep Power: 6
wandfsmall is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffK26 View Post
Great idea.

Getting in touch with the welder is a good start, but you both would need to contact a prosthetic expert, or prosthetic consulting firm to get ideas on what the design for the attachment should be. Ask them questions about comfort, a design may look like it works, and it may work, but is it comfortable to use continuously while mowing a lawn?

You may have to come up with a few designs for the different types of prosthetic used. One design may not support a certain prosthetic.
You would be shocked at how many dealers have modified mowers for disabled people. Personally we have done a few for guys in wheel chairs or with a prosthetic. Also in my experience I found an occupational therapist was more help in the designs, so I would call them to start with.
__________________
I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-23-2013, 10:58 AM
dpld dpld is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 885
Rep Power: 0
dpld is on a distinguished road
Default

i am sure doing something like this will have it's challenges but then again nothing worth while is easy.

kudos to you for coming up with this idea and i hope it is a complete and total success.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-23-2013, 03:19 PM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

I tried raising money to pay for services rendered to vets. I never got any response. About a 1/4 of my customers are military and not one donated a dime.

I put a option to donate to a vet on every invoice. Did a online thing to raise money. It seemed like nobody cared.

You might have better luck with a business since there all about publicity.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-25-2013, 09:54 PM
Greg'slawnandlandscape Greg'slawnandlandscape is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jacksonville north Carolina
Posts: 403
Rep Power: 4
Greg'slawnandlandscape is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Today was a great start talked to the owners of the richlands great outdoors and they are ready to help they will cover design for the attachments for the zero turns then I went to lowes to speak with the manager about getting zero turns at wholesale or below an he said they want to participate but he needs to run numbers to get back to me. Now all that's left is to contact the chairman of the wounded warrior run contact the base hospital and contact a few more lawn company's to help. I can't wait to see wounded warriors faces when they get zero turns
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-26-2013, 05:30 AM
wandfsmall wandfsmall is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 925
Rep Power: 6
wandfsmall is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg'slawnandlandscape View Post
Today was a great start talked to the owners of the richlands great outdoors and they are ready to help they will cover design for the attachments for the zero turns then I went to lowes to speak with the manager about getting zero turns at wholesale or below an he said they want to participate but he needs to run numbers to get back to me. Now all that's left is to contact the chairman of the wounded warrior run contact the base hospital and contact a few more lawn company's to help. I can't wait to see wounded warriors faces when they get zero turns
As a backup plan ask Richlands about the possibility of getting the Badboy MZ mower at a discount modified for the vets. It will give you a backup plan and you never know they might give you the same offer as lowes does.
__________________
I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-26-2013, 07:17 PM
Greg'slawnandlandscape Greg'slawnandlandscape is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jacksonville north Carolina
Posts: 403
Rep Power: 4
Greg'slawnandlandscape is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandfsmall View Post
As a backup plan ask Richlands about the possibility of getting the Badboy MZ mower at a discount modified for the vets. It will give you a backup plan and you never know they might give you the same offer as lowes does.
Yep we had talk about it thier looking in to it for me
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-16-2013, 11:15 AM
Greg'slawnandlandscape Greg'slawnandlandscape is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jacksonville north Carolina
Posts: 403
Rep Power: 4
Greg'slawnandlandscape is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Well here is where I am.

Our wounded warrior week will be may 1-8 after that we have ten days to pickup and modify the machines.

We will be showing off each custom machine at our vendors both on the 17th and we will release all machines before the wounded warriors run on the 18th

Here's the questions
If you live in Jacksonville nc and would like to help that week message me

Here's the next question

What do you wish your mower had on it this could be anything from a cup holder to different tires. If this improvement helps you then it will definitely help wounded warriors.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free Equipment SECTLANDSCAPING Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs. 12 11-26-2011 12:38 PM
A free new lawn gets an lco a free article. Steve Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review! 0 11-06-2007 08:26 AM
Product review and get free equipment? Steve Truck, Trailer, and Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs. 7 10-19-2007 11:31 PM
Landscape Warriors need a logo landscape warrior Graphic Design Discussions 8 08-31-2007 11:32 AM
Landscape Warriors need a logo landscape warrior Graphic Design Discussions 7 08-07-2007 08:53 PM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
Z246 Deck change question
JohnsLawnCare
Yesterday 01:47 PM
Yesterday 06:38 PM
by Steve
1 28
DIY Sprayer
acrajchel
Yesterday 09:13 AM
Yesterday 06:36 PM
by Steve
1 31
Hello Everyone
JohnsLawnCare
06-22-2016 11:14 AM
Yesterday 06:20 PM
by Steve
15 550
How much to charge for...
jymie
03-31-2013 05:59 PM
Yesterday 06:18 PM
by Steve
23 5,945
Hi from Long Island NY
Lori22
07-18-2016 02:01 PM
Yesterday 06:11 PM
by Steve
10 196
Hi everyone!
greenwavemedia
Yesterday 03:22 PM
Yesterday 03:22 PM
by greenwavemedia
0 19
New Site Hows it look
Infinitelawn
03-16-2015 10:32 AM
Yesterday 03:06 PM
by greenwavemedia
5 10,406
Needing a website built
burtle
06-17-2015 09:02 AM
Yesterday 02:58 PM
by greenwavemedia
15 18,305
Looking for new host
Just for Cuts
11-26-2015 06:58 AM
Yesterday 02:49 PM
by greenwavemedia
9 1,468
New Business Owner
danesdanglas87
07-20-2016 12:31 PM
07-21-2016 05:04 PM
by Steve
2 100
Hi! I'm Tony from Tampa
Lawnline
07-12-2016 06:47 PM
07-19-2016 04:45 PM
by Steve
5 621
Question about...
Bradcook21
07-18-2016 05:22 PM
07-19-2016 04:38 PM
by Steve
2 117
Hello from Watertown New...
lawnmanrick81
07-19-2016 03:57 PM
07-19-2016 04:11 PM
by Steve
1 65
Gutter Cleaning Tool
DanielThomas
07-18-2016 08:23 AM
07-18-2016 04:36 PM
by Steve
1 93
Starting on a lawn care...
Coco3465
07-16-2016 11:26 AM
07-17-2016 09:20 AM
by Steve
1 121
Aspiring Company Owner
TJ136
07-12-2016 05:12 AM
07-15-2016 02:52 PM
by SC93
6 221
Hi Everyone
JavelinaLawn
07-10-2016 07:29 PM
07-13-2016 02:01 PM
by Chilehead
5 756
Review of our lawn care...
Lawnline
07-12-2016 06:40 PM
07-12-2016 06:40 PM
by Lawnline
0 394
Custom Canopies
JohnsLawnCare
07-12-2016 08:38 AM
07-12-2016 04:14 PM
by Steve
1 267
Spot checked by...
Just for Cuts
06-28-2016 02:34 PM
07-11-2016 03:53 PM
by Steve
4 288
John Deere JS40 issues
Mr. Mow
07-06-2016 01:28 PM
07-11-2016 03:52 PM
by Steve
3 212
Start My Own Business?
mowandblow1980
01-12-2016 07:43 PM
07-11-2016 11:18 AM
by DanielThomas
15 1,765
Rubber mulch...
avetslawncare
06-24-2015 09:28 PM
07-11-2016 09:11 AM
by Chilehead
9 3,301
Firefighter gone Lawn...
Firehouselawn@hotmail.com
03-10-2016 04:50 PM
07-07-2016 05:07 PM
by Steve
11 10,540
I need some business...
Firehouselawn@hotmail.com
07-06-2016 05:42 AM
07-07-2016 05:00 PM
by Steve
4 256
Business Overload
Chilehead
05-06-2016 09:27 PM
07-07-2016 04:53 PM
by Steve
24 1,266
Chemical Applications
acrajchel
06-24-2016 06:44 PM
07-05-2016 12:38 PM
by Chilehead
6 372
Is it too late?
Cpadgett
05-28-2016 09:10 AM
07-05-2016 11:54 AM
by Steve
14 875
3 Applications or 5...
stansg1fresh
02-18-2013 12:02 PM
07-04-2016 09:19 AM
by LawnPerfection
9 1,705
Best Push Mower You Have...
markty
05-14-2016 03:46 PM
07-02-2016 03:41 AM
by markty
27 1,934
Great Arborist Ladder
SGL1
06-04-2016 09:56 AM
06-28-2016 08:04 PM
by mowandblow1980
11 694
Newbie
Jhoell
06-25-2016 03:28 AM
06-28-2016 02:11 PM
by Chilehead
2 270
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 11:18 AM
06-28-2016 11:02 AM
by Brownieboy
1,253 440,293
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy