Lawn Care Business Forum Lawn Care Business Book Lawn Care Business Blog Lawn Care Software
Home Forum Contract & Flyer Templates Blog Software Videos Podcast Calculators / Estimators Store Mower Review Design It Yourself Lawn Business School

Go Back   GopherHaul Landscaping & Lawn Care Business Marketing Forum > Lawn Care, Landscaping, and Property Management Forums > General Talk

General Talk If it doesn't fit anywhere else, post it here.

free zero turn and lawn equipment for wounded warriors


General Talk

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, post it here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 02-23-2013, 06:02 AM
Greg'slawnandlandscape Greg'slawnandlandscape is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jacksonville north Carolina
Posts: 371
Rep Power: 2
Greg'slawnandlandscape is an unknown quantity at this point
Question free zero turn and lawn equipment for wounded warriors

this year i would like to donate a week of my time for wounded warriors. i have dedcided i am going to try to partner with lowes and a few indepent dealers to try to get zero turns at wholesale price to give to wounded warriors who cant drive lawn tractors because of missing legs or arms. this idea came to me from my friend nick long story short he explained to me that his family wanted a zero turn for ray (his step dad that lost his legs) because ray wanted the ability to mow his lawn again. (dont take anyrthing for granted you would not believe how much ray misses doing chores)

HERES THE GAME PLAN:
i plan on partnering with lowes (they really support thier military) i hope to get the mowers at or below wholesale

next partner with the richlands great out doors i know the owner and he is ex military i plan on haveing them weld atachments on to the steering controls so that wounded warriors with missing hands can stil use them

then i have to partner with another lawn company because it is a military town and i plan on haveing a huge response

and i plan on unveiling the mowers at the run for the wounded warriors on camp lejuene

does anyone have any suggestions?
Reply With Quote

Stop guess-timating. Learn how to estimate and make money! $$$
Mow Time Estimator Lawn Care Price Estimator Mulch and Topsoil Calculator Snow Plow Estimate Calculator


  #2  
Old 02-23-2013, 08:09 AM
JeffK26
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Lawn care business tipsLawn Care Business Book
Great idea.

Getting in touch with the welder is a good start, but you both would need to contact a prosthetic expert, or prosthetic consulting firm to get ideas on what the design for the attachment should be. Ask them questions about comfort, a design may look like it works, and it may work, but is it comfortable to use continuously while mowing a lawn?

You may have to come up with a few designs for the different types of prosthetic used. One design may not support a certain prosthetic.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-23-2013, 10:40 AM
wandfsmall wandfsmall is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 925
Rep Power: 4
wandfsmall is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg'slawnandlandscape View Post
this year i would like to donate a week of my time for wounded warriors. i have dedcided i am going to try to partner with lowes and a few indepent dealers to try to get zero turns at wholesale price to give to wounded warriors who cant drive lawn tractors because of missing legs or arms. this idea came to me from my friend nick long story short he explained to me that his family wanted a zero turn for ray (his step dad that lost his legs) because ray wanted the ability to mow his lawn again. (dont take anyrthing for granted you would not believe how much ray misses doing chores)

HERES THE GAME PLAN:
i plan on partnering with lowes (they really support thier military) i hope to get the mowers at or below wholesale

next partner with the richlands great out doors i know the owner and he is ex military i plan on haveing them weld atachments on to the steering controls so that wounded warriors with missing hands can stil use them

then i have to partner with another lawn company because it is a military town and i plan on haveing a huge response

and i plan on unveiling the mowers at the run for the wounded warriors on camp lejuene

does anyone have any suggestions?
I would contact the dealer that you are working with about the mower as well, some companies might be willing to sell the mower threw the dealer at enough of a discount to allow you to get a better mower at the same price. Also a heavier built mower will be easier to modify.
__________________
I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-23-2013, 10:43 AM
wandfsmall wandfsmall is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 925
Rep Power: 4
wandfsmall is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffK26 View Post
Great idea.

Getting in touch with the welder is a good start, but you both would need to contact a prosthetic expert, or prosthetic consulting firm to get ideas on what the design for the attachment should be. Ask them questions about comfort, a design may look like it works, and it may work, but is it comfortable to use continuously while mowing a lawn?

You may have to come up with a few designs for the different types of prosthetic used. One design may not support a certain prosthetic.
You would be shocked at how many dealers have modified mowers for disabled people. Personally we have done a few for guys in wheel chairs or with a prosthetic. Also in my experience I found an occupational therapist was more help in the designs, so I would call them to start with.
__________________
I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-23-2013, 10:58 AM
dpld dpld is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: nj
Posts: 885
Rep Power: 0
dpld is on a distinguished road
Default

i am sure doing something like this will have it's challenges but then again nothing worth while is easy.

kudos to you for coming up with this idea and i hope it is a complete and total success.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-23-2013, 03:19 PM
SECTLANDSCAPING SECTLANDSCAPING is offline
new member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 1,912
Rep Power: 0
SECTLANDSCAPING is on a distinguished road
Default

I tried raising money to pay for services rendered to vets. I never got any response. About a 1/4 of my customers are military and not one donated a dime.

I put a option to donate to a vet on every invoice. Did a online thing to raise money. It seemed like nobody cared.

You might have better luck with a business since there all about publicity.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-25-2013, 09:54 PM
Greg'slawnandlandscape Greg'slawnandlandscape is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jacksonville north Carolina
Posts: 371
Rep Power: 2
Greg'slawnandlandscape is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Today was a great start talked to the owners of the richlands great outdoors and they are ready to help they will cover design for the attachments for the zero turns then I went to lowes to speak with the manager about getting zero turns at wholesale or below an he said they want to participate but he needs to run numbers to get back to me. Now all that's left is to contact the chairman of the wounded warrior run contact the base hospital and contact a few more lawn company's to help. I can't wait to see wounded warriors faces when they get zero turns
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-26-2013, 05:30 AM
wandfsmall wandfsmall is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 925
Rep Power: 4
wandfsmall is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg'slawnandlandscape View Post
Today was a great start talked to the owners of the richlands great outdoors and they are ready to help they will cover design for the attachments for the zero turns then I went to lowes to speak with the manager about getting zero turns at wholesale or below an he said they want to participate but he needs to run numbers to get back to me. Now all that's left is to contact the chairman of the wounded warrior run contact the base hospital and contact a few more lawn company's to help. I can't wait to see wounded warriors faces when they get zero turns
As a backup plan ask Richlands about the possibility of getting the Badboy MZ mower at a discount modified for the vets. It will give you a backup plan and you never know they might give you the same offer as lowes does.
__________________
I am the owner of www.AllOutdoorParts.com an online mower parts distributor. I am also a Briggs Master Service Technician and Expert Certified Mechanic for Kohler. If my posts helps you please like my facebook page at www.facebook.com/alloutdoorparts
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-26-2013, 07:17 PM
Greg'slawnandlandscape Greg'slawnandlandscape is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jacksonville north Carolina
Posts: 371
Rep Power: 2
Greg'slawnandlandscape is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandfsmall View Post
As a backup plan ask Richlands about the possibility of getting the Badboy MZ mower at a discount modified for the vets. It will give you a backup plan and you never know they might give you the same offer as lowes does.
Yep we had talk about it thier looking in to it for me
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-16-2013, 11:15 AM
Greg'slawnandlandscape Greg'slawnandlandscape is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jacksonville north Carolina
Posts: 371
Rep Power: 2
Greg'slawnandlandscape is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Well here is where I am.

Our wounded warrior week will be may 1-8 after that we have ten days to pickup and modify the machines.

We will be showing off each custom machine at our vendors both on the 17th and we will release all machines before the wounded warriors run on the 18th

Here's the questions
If you live in Jacksonville nc and would like to help that week message me

Here's the next question

What do you wish your mower had on it this could be anything from a cup holder to different tires. If this improvement helps you then it will definitely help wounded warriors.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free Equipment SECTLANDSCAPING Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs, Buy or Sell 12 11-26-2011 12:38 PM
A free new lawn gets an lco a free article. Steve Lawn Care Marketing & Post your marketing material for review! 0 11-06-2007 08:26 AM
Product review and get free equipment? Steve Outdoor Power Equipment Discussion, Repairs, Buy or Sell 7 10-19-2007 11:31 PM
Landscape Warriors need a logo landscape warrior Graphic Design Discussions 8 08-31-2007 11:32 AM
Landscape Warriors need a logo landscape warrior Graphic Design Discussions 7 08-07-2007 08:53 PM

» Recent Threads
  RatingTitle, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views
What Fertilizer to Use?
acrajchel
04-07-2014 01:56 PM
Today 05:32 AM
by stevef1201
15 390
danny 2
danny2
Yesterday 10:19 PM
Today 05:13 AM
by Sprinkler Buddy
2 36
I Got Taken...,
Dan Tanner
Yesterday 06:26 AM
Yesterday 08:15 PM
by Dan Tanner
3 107
new to this forum!
mower13126
04-18-2014 07:37 PM
Yesterday 05:34 PM
by Sprinkler Buddy
3 95
Lawn Renovation
stevef1201
04-11-2014 12:00 PM
Yesterday 03:15 PM
by stevef1201
9 259
employee pay
4 seasons maintenance
04-10-2011 09:34 PM
Yesterday 12:19 PM
by kslawn
19 6,770
REO calling
Dan Tanner
04-16-2014 05:03 PM
Yesterday 11:17 AM
by kslawn
11 258
this mower is driving me...
boog
04-17-2014 12:07 PM
Yesterday 10:59 AM
by kslawn
4 132
Customers droping like...
goodtimez
04-18-2014 09:53 AM
Yesterday 08:09 AM
by CDLAWNCARE
7 160
Back for this year
xandrew245x
02-21-2014 04:30 PM
Yesterday 07:59 AM
by xandrew245x
14 864
Any greenhouse operators...
GoGreenerKS
04-15-2014 11:21 AM
Yesterday 07:49 AM
by CDLAWNCARE
4 139
Looking for advice on a...
Tekeda1
04-13-2014 09:53 AM
Yesterday 04:22 AM
by Tekeda1
17 381
2.5 acre mowing
xandrew245x
04-18-2014 06:55 AM
04-18-2014 08:57 PM
by xandrew245x
6 119
Best Bulk Mulch delivery...
Steven Virgadamo
04-18-2014 09:52 AM
04-18-2014 05:34 PM
by Steve
2 67
Steve Virgadamo,...
Steven Virgadamo
04-18-2014 09:49 AM
04-18-2014 05:08 PM
by Steve
2 58
Instagram
Gerardo_Landscape
04-16-2014 11:28 AM
04-18-2014 04:51 PM
by Steve
3 100
Help with weed liability!
Prolawnofchatt
04-15-2014 09:10 AM
04-18-2014 04:47 PM
by Steve
5 193
These are the days on...
ExtremeLawncareServices
03-22-2014 09:12 AM
04-18-2014 04:41 PM
by Steve
31 1,076
Nationwide lawn care...
Billy Goat
04-15-2014 05:21 PM
04-18-2014 04:39 PM
by Steve
9 215
Truck Signage
Dan Tanner
04-16-2014 11:00 PM
04-18-2014 04:04 PM
by stevef1201
10 212
leaf removal
tlf59263
04-15-2014 10:00 PM
04-18-2014 03:59 PM
by stevef1201
6 179
Pay per click advertising
roostertail
02-12-2014 07:26 PM
04-17-2014 07:11 PM
by yardrate
10 609
Accepting credit cards,...
Darksteel
03-17-2014 08:01 PM
04-16-2014 01:02 PM
by jymie
15 727
Trimec
acrajchel
04-15-2014 08:24 PM
04-16-2014 11:10 AM
by Steve
3 107
Gopher Forum Discount!
BlackRain75
04-12-2014 10:44 PM
04-16-2014 10:50 AM
by Steve
9 278
hello
NFrailey
04-15-2014 01:39 PM
04-16-2014 10:48 AM
by Steve
1 98
Pricing a Mulch Job
dmcalpi
04-07-2014 02:16 PM
04-16-2014 09:40 AM
by jymie
21 622
google earth
CDLAWNCARE
04-12-2014 03:24 PM
04-16-2014 09:36 AM
by jymie
8 236
There has to be an...
CDLAWNCARE
04-14-2014 12:59 PM
04-15-2014 04:06 PM
by Dan Tanner
6 175
First Day Back!
BelleCityLawn1
04-09-2014 09:13 PM
04-15-2014 11:16 AM
by Steve
11 310
Mow America
stevegredler
04-13-2014 01:02 PM
04-14-2014 09:53 PM
by kslawn
5 212
Power Broom
acrajchel
04-14-2014 07:46 AM
04-14-2014 12:47 PM
by CDLAWNCARE
2 108
Say Hello !!!
Steve
03-19-2007 11:18 AM
04-14-2014 11:34 AM
by Steve
1,176 285,687
Equipment reviews
Greg'slawnandlandscape
04-09-2014 07:17 AM
04-14-2014 11:27 AM
by Greg'slawnandlandscape
13 451
Sulky and Turf Tracer
acrajchel
04-07-2014 01:44 PM
04-14-2014 10:51 AM
by Steve
8 362
Aerating Prices?
Dan Tanner
04-08-2014 03:16 PM
04-14-2014 10:31 AM
by Steve
13 449
Estimating help
acrajchel
04-11-2014 06:06 PM
04-14-2014 10:20 AM
by Steve
3 176
Need help bidding church...
GreenRidge Lawn&Landscape
04-07-2014 08:01 PM
04-14-2014 09:49 AM
by Steve
12 428
Hello all
Griff20114
04-12-2014 05:08 PM
04-14-2014 09:46 AM
by Steve
1 120
Step by Step Spring Lawn...
WarriorLawnscaping
04-10-2014 07:01 AM
04-14-2014 09:43 AM
by Steve
5 253
Jeff Cowden
jcowden
04-11-2014 07:27 PM
04-14-2014 09:39 AM
by Steve
1 114
Exmark Commercial 30...
Dan Tanner
04-11-2014 05:35 AM
04-14-2014 09:37 AM
by Steve
4 201
What Was Your Setup When...
superrman77
02-11-2014 10:53 AM
04-14-2014 08:04 AM
by acrajchel
21 1,602
Small guy time to get a...
googus
04-08-2014 08:16 AM
04-13-2014 07:18 PM
by A. Kulak Landscaping
9 333
Weekly vs. Bi-weekly
CDLAWNCARE
04-12-2014 01:48 PM
04-13-2014 06:03 PM
by kslawn
9 341
Weed ID help
TwinBrosLC
04-12-2014 10:39 AM
04-13-2014 07:40 AM
by stevef1201
4 171
Lexington, KY
acrajchel
04-07-2014 01:06 PM
04-11-2014 09:49 PM
by acrajchel
1 142
Food Plot Management
BlackRain75
04-11-2014 10:20 AM
04-11-2014 03:51 PM
by Steve
4 143
Estimating a job
acrajchel
04-08-2014 11:07 AM
04-11-2014 03:32 PM
by Steve
6 312
New Boomless Sprayer!
BlackRain75
01-03-2014 01:01 PM
04-11-2014 03:25 PM
by Steve
11 1,020
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.1.0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 AM.


(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 AM.

(C) 2011 Riggs Publications - Terms of use & Privacy Policy